[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some time before I've reluctantly shared a post about characters but discussion headed to  somewhere I did not intended to take but again I will drop my opinion anyways since it has upgraded after last two episodes and writers partly gave me what I expected so if you think I'm posting this just because I particularly support one love line feel free to skip it because this time I'm not generous to answer each post  who implies I'm delusional or particularly offensive  so here is the thing 

I will highlight the parts to point out what changed 

On 21 Aralık 2015 at 2:42 PM, onlysb1 said:

JH's tough exterior is conditioned behavior and his big weakness or mishap while his soft heart is his true self.

Hide contents

Not only towards DS whom he sincerely loves, also towards his family (specially mother) his friends (specially Taek) he has been very considerate and kind. But his exterior is like self defense mechanism it's not his dominant characteristic. It's not only because he is shy but also he is afraid to be hurt. He is afraid to take those risks everyone needs to face in order to mature. ......when JH allows his true nature to be seen by others it will be great character development on his side and that's what I'm expecting regardless he is husband or not. 

To be honest I wanted to see Junghwan's true nature as he is not love struck or wounded puppy. One can  say Junghwan was already kind towards Deok Sun but it was only when they were alone.   I doubt it his friends were aware of this side of him because for Jungwan it was rather embarrassing or insecure feeling to show others. I know it looks romantic when someone shows different sides of him only to you but given Deok Sun has never been fazed by this I can't help but simile bitterly that I'm also not such a romantic person to fall for his character. Sorry...and believe me or not I always cared for him more than others because his character has this great potential to  mature. After Taek's confession once again Junghwan reverted back to being inconsiderate towards Deok Sun. I know most of you think it was  inevitable but I could argue with that. It was Junghwan's inner conflict  what drove the situation to this point. I can imagine how it felt like watching Taek and DeokSun together. It was not only jealousy or sadness I can confidently add  'regret' to this list. He was regretting every moment he could spend with Deok Sun if only he was a bit more willing to show his love for Deok Sun and consideration for his friends before. After he couldn't even act like friends and explain anything to DeokSun, 'pink shirt' incident happened. It was critical point. Either he will let DeokSun misunderstood him so at least she can move on, or simply tell her he possess it but he won't wear it until the time comes. In my opinion he preferred the most difficult one,  the most certain one, the most logical one. If you ship him with Deok Sun 'In present 1988’ you will be disappointed by it. But in my opinion after that his load lightened and I can see upgraded  Junghwan starting with ep 15. How so?  He started to be more considerate towards Deok Sun even there is a lot of people around. No mocking, no dissing, no ignoring. 'You have something on your face, Are you okay?(Stomachache) ' When Deok Sun bite  DR he didn't say anything unpleasant, when he saw DS coming study room he didn't mock her unlike others. In bus scene he  didn't ignore her even SW and DR was there right behind of him watching Junghwan suspiciously lol. And lastly as much as Taek was keen to see it Junghwan was unguarded to show his admiration towards Deok Sun. As if he has forgotten that  others  was also there. This says a lot, a lot a lot to me. Based on how I perceived  Junghwan and write it last week and I tried to explain transition period above. So...I'm satisfied with his direction towards being true to himself. 

See original image

@NRGchick Ah I loved that scene!! Papa Bear and Taek have some amazing scenes. I was crying while watching the plane scene. The way Papa Bear lost his cool but also Taek's reaction when SW told him that his dad had gone crazy. :wub:

It's so natural for him to say that to his father. I think he also felt a lot of guilt for not being able to be more present for his father. In episode 13, he kept apologizing for not being able to go with him to the hospital for the check-up. I think Taek has great insight, in the sense that he knows what he is lacking and does not make excuses for it. Truly mature.

Imagine that SW's mom marries Taek's dad and SW marries BR, so their family is really scary :)) They have a great and multi talented man to be the father, a famous banduk professor, a pilot/doctor and a lawyer/prosecutor/judge. I feel sorry for Jin Joo. She must be under so much pressure :))) And for any man loves her, he must be suffered a lot by this family. Look at her father and brothers and sister-in-law =))

Jin Joo ah~~~ Your oppa will marry Bo Ra unnie, you know that?

926574_1042130722511879_531758518_n.jpg

Btw, 

I dont know if anyone posts this or not.

5vuebs_zpsmdfjmd0k.jpg

There's a prediction that Jin Joo adult ver could be played by Jung Yoo Mi (who played the girl Chil Bong met at the night before Na-Trash wedding in Rep94) Jung Yoo Mi in real life was born in the same year with Jin Joo. So who knows if Chil Bong of rep94 will be cameo as JJ's boyfriend =))) And since Chil Bong is a baseball professional player, SW and Taek's dad cant use baseball to test him any more. Maybe they need Teak to hold a banduk game to test him ;))) 

What a good solution for both Rep88 and Rep94 :)))

6 hours ago, AppleP said:

the upcoming Reply series:

1. Reply 1970's (90% focus on the adult life. all the hot daddy played by actors that born in 70's : Gong Yoo, Yoong Sang Hyun, So Ji Sub,   Cha Seung Won, Joo Jin-Mo, Jang Dong Gun, etc)
  2. Reply 1960's (April Revolution. led by labor and student groups)
  3. Reply 1950's (Korean War)
  4. Reply 1940's ( the division of Korea into South Korea and North Korea) 
  5. Reply Joseon era (goat sound probably changed to horse sound)

Please, for the 1970's and the Joseon horse neighing sound!

8 minutes ago, valNK said:

There's a prediction that Jin Joo adult ver could be played by Jung Yoo Mi (who played the girl Chil Bong met at the night before Na-Trash wedding in Rep94) Jung Yoo Mi in real life was born in the same year with Jin Joo. So who knows if Chil Bong of rep94 will be cameo as JJ's boyfriend =))) And since Chil Bong is a baseball professional player, SW and Taek's dad cant use baseball to test him any more. Maybe they need Teak to hold a banduk game to test him ;))) 

I like that idea but I don't think that is the case. The girl Chilbongie felt in love with spoke satoori... That could only happen if Papa Bear and SW's Mom move outisde Seoul, no? That would be sad...

Guest nchoerunnisa

YES YES YES to SISTER BONDING!!! We'll see it in the next episode I guess.

Uri DS was so happy because she'll have the whole room for herself
She's thinking she won't miss her Unnie
HA!!! Good luck with that girl...

Because I'm on the same page with Papa Sung in this matter:
"You'll be crying every night about how much you miss her" (true story of my life... minus the crying part)
No matter how much you fight with your sister everyday... You'll miss her when you're apart... That's the beauty of sisterhood...

I love it when BR said "I'll call often" as she looked at DS... Awww... :wub:
For a second, I thought she's talking to Mama Il... but nope... she's talking to DS...

I love it too when BR told DS to go inside because it's cold outside DS said "I can do whatever I want"
and when BR said she'll call often DS answered "whatever"
but as BR was driving away... she started to look sad and stayed outside a little longer with Mama Il...
Aigooo... uri DS act Tsundere... awww :wub:

I'm very satisfied with BR's character development lately. I enjoyed seeing her new different kind of interactions with Mama Il and (especially) Papa Sung. I am moved every times I see BR smiling when she sees her family members are being happy, as if seeing them happy is all she needs to be happy... Awww :wub: (ok I've said too many awww).

IF there will ever be another Reply Series... I want the female lead character to be like BR! I think it's gonna be interesting. Plus I've always been a huge fan of a tough girl character. Oh... Eun Joo from Cinderella Stepsister is one of my all the time favorite kdrama female leads characters.

2 hours ago, valNK said:

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but didn't Jung Yu Mi's character speak with saturi? I think she used some sort of local slang for shoes (same as Na Jung), which made Chilbong take a notice of her. Jin Joo on another hand was born and raised in Seoul, so she would not have an accent.

Guest teuksora1509

[FMV] [Vietsub] One man - TaekSun & HwanSun - Reply 1988 

Made by me

Let's enjoy, everybody :wub:

I'm so sad because Reply 1988 will not air this week :(

Not to be a sour puss, but if the ending of this drama is hinted to me in anyway I think I will melt LOL (I avoid soompi like the plague till I've watched the raw myself) would you guys mind pretty please with your performed ship on top put future episodes filming pictures under a spoiler cut (which just last night I discovered you touch the stupid little eye and that's it. I thought soompi had gotten rid of it and was dying to know how others were doing it but felt too stupid to ask LOL) please and thank you in advance :) 

I'd love for Jinjoo to be the girl met but someone already burst my bubble of excitement there :P if we do get that time skip (how are they going to fit everything in 4 eps when we still in 89) depending on the year we fall in, Jinjoo will still be a kid or young teen (unless we skip waaay ahead or i been thinking her age wrong). I bet in the end we'll see that it's been her interviewing Deok Sun and her husband for one reason or another. Girl watches a lot of tv. If she's not some fabulous princess model (something in fashion) or food taster (lol) then perhaps she's a news anchor...or maybe she'd some fabulous top something and Deok Sun and co are being interviewed about her and not each other. I'm really curious about what the interview is about/for (watch it be their kids or neighbor practicing for a job or something LOL). 

Archived