[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

@kentangbakar this one you posted in our thread was funny hehe thought i'd share this on this thread because it's related to our little discussion right now. How SW's mom will find out HAHAHAHA:

Spoiler

W69EKEL.jpg

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=422718&page=2&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%84%A0%EB%B3%B4%EB%9D%BC

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... when I think about DS finding out, she will be in shock. Don't know if she will start using curse words which she taught Taek. Noeul already suspects and since JH knows SW likes Bora, he won't be surprised. DR would probably go 'Are you crazy ??' (with a few choice words starting with 'michin')

Bora did get some brownie points (I assume) when she drove SW's mom to get Jin Joo when Jin Joo fell ill.

I am loving the progression from each character in the drama.

We get to see how SW opened up to Taek's dad and played baseball with him. I assume this is a big thing, seeing how quickly Taekie appa ran to the field. Haha..

And now Taek is also open to accepting whoever and whatever makes his appa happy. (How can I not love him - I think I have to count the ways that I do)

So..Bora and DS's relationship will be the next arc - seeing how they were like as adults, they have gotten really close ^^

@NRGchick Since SW-BR is the biggest plot twist for us in this drama, I want their love secret is the most shocking news in Ssang Mun Dong too. Those neighbors. especially the parents should be trolled and surprised like we used to be =))) (actually, I thought of SW_BR being couple since ep 4 :)) )

So the last 4 episodes should focus on their study/ career and DS->Taek/Hwan and how SW-BR dealing with their distant love, the secret love of the 2 OTPs should be hidden till the end :D 

Imagine how papa Sung will react when seeing his 2 sons-in-law. His face may be like "Are you nuts?" =)))

@GreenTeandSASHIMI you dont know how long I laugh at that parody. OMG. Whoever done that, really give me a good morning starting point. Hhahahahahahahaha.

@NRGchick If DS know about it, will she talk to BR how she tough SW like her at first? While telling it will make they laugh together? This will show DS open up to BR, she tell BR how she make scene about that by send postcard to radio, give SW candy etc2. Then BR will tell her how to know who in our heart. Just like how she know SW in her heart, how SW touch her heart. Awwww. Actually, I desperate to have BRxDS scene. If it about boys problem will make they talk. I will let it slip. Even originally I want BRxDS talk about DS future undertaking.

On 12/31/2015 at 0:22 AM, saturn. said:

BTS of Everland CF
http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/675123

Junghwan is watching R1988 'Don't go to the blind date' scene at the break time during CF filming. He is embarrassed. His ears turned to red. :)

Watch the subbed video (and full CUTEEEEEEE bts of this) here:

Off topic

He's probably cringing and probably also happy and proud of how he acts hahaha! I love how he's monitoring Reply 1988 even when he's in another schedule~ <3 Our ahjussi..

Happy new year's eve everyone <333333

---
gonna post about the reply 1988 concert too!<3 it's gonna be fun.. i just hope they broadcast it.. on v-app or something >< maybe tvn special? :( pleaseeee

Guest nchoerunnisa

Anyeong hasseo Chingu Deul...!

Let me quote some of my fellow friend posts here:

I actually really like Taek as a character. And I actually believe he is pretty similar to JH in many ways. They are both introverted and they care about the people they love, though they don't know how to show it in direct, clear ways. They value friendship the same way. I was actually not surprised he decided to step back for JH...
-------

As for PBG and Taek: I don't know. I think Taek is likeable enough on his own. I mean we all like him here, right? It is the same for Taek shippers. I can understand why DS/TK is an appealing couple too, besides the attraction for PBG.
-------

You all know I have a soft spot for Taek and DS's shippers because I think they are so similar to us...

I quote those from @carolinedl posts. She posted them on the JH-DS shippers thread. I occasionally visit the others shippers threads. There's something I notice from visiting them that people tend to speak... uhmm... let's say... freely and comfortably on our own shipper threads. Carolinedl could have just said anything she wanted on JH-DS shippers thread, oh yes, including badmouthing another shippers or characters. However, I've never noticed that she'd ever done that. I've been a fan of her posts since she's always been rational and wise. In my opinion, she's never let her shipper heart clouds her judgement. I mean, just look at her posts on JH-DS shipper thread. So if you guys think that she's trying to bring down TK's character and make JH as a better candidate, I believe it's just a misunderstanding. Well, let's admit it, sometimes we're being over sensitive when some other shippers talking about our favorite characters. I am equally guilty too here. LOL.

And oh... believe me her English is fine. Not messy and crappy like mine. I'm even worried will you guys understand what I'm talking about at all. LOL. But I have no shame and keep posting. Mianhae and gomawo for bearing with me. :heart:
--------------

There's something that I want to clear up too. The majority of JH-DS shippers are actually like TK. We are thinking that he deserves to get the girl too. We see him as a kind-hearted-dependable man. However we like JH more. Not because we think JH is better, we just like him more. You know, some people like green, some people like purple, some of us like TK more, and some of us like JH more. It's just all about preferences.

Just in case you think that I'm lying here or being subjective, let me quote post from another chingu here:

from both shippers' threads i've learned that it's totally possible and doable to show your extreme fondness for one of the hubby candidates WITHOUT being rude AT ALL. in fact the consensus is that the majority of us LOVE TK TOO! i won't point to anybody else in this thread but i know who you guys are, TK's fans.

That posted by @hafunohaneon JH-DS shipper thread. He/she is a two-timer shipper... (I swear he/she's the one who said that him/herself, not me :D). Do you guys think she/he would've said that if JH-DS shippers have brought down TK on our thread? No, right? We adore him just like TK-DS shippers. That's why she/he said that. And btw, hafunohane, you should've just pointed me, I'm TK's fan :wub:.

It's so funny because I think we're quite similar. There are moments when JH-DS shippers being over sensitive too when it comes to talking about JH. But of course, TK-DS shippers probably had never meant it that way, just like JH-DS shippers who had never meant to insult TK or his shippers.

But I'm talking about majority here. Because there are always some among us who still need to learn about proper manner. It's unavoidable. And I hope, instead of focusing on that particular negative posts, we'll just focus on the positive ones.

There are times when I read something about JH that makes me a bit mad. But I'll try to read them over and over again and realize that actually this person doesn't mean it in a bad way. Even if he/she clearly says something insulting my JH, I won't over generalized this person as the entire TK-DS shippers. I'll believe that there are still so many TK-DS shippers who are kind, nice, rational, and objective. It's not fair if I get mad to the entire TK-DS shippers, right?
-----------

In the end... we're just the fans of the same drama. If our ships can get a long very well in the drama and in the real life, why can't we as fans? I mean, even if TK/PGB and JH/RJY don't get along well, at least they get paid :D. But we? shippers? What do we get? LOL

answer08-00612.jpganswer15-00980.jpg
credit to: dramabeans

That's all from me guys. I hope I didn't insult anyone. Oh and I'm sorry @carolinedl and @hafunohane for quoting your post from JH-DS thread without your permission. I hope you guys don't mind.

22 minutes ago, Nurul Choerunnisa said:

There's something that I want to clear up too. The majority of JH-DS shippers are actually like TK too. We are thinking that he deserves to get the girl too. We're all see him as a kind-hearted-dependable man. However we like JH more. Not because we think JH is better, we just like him more. You know, some people like green, some people like purple, some of us like TK more, and some of us like JH more. It's just all about preferences

@Nurul Choerunnisa So agree with you.. and i'm one of the majority of JH-DS shipper that like Taek too.. he is just very much loveable.. nice , polite and the way he deal with his father when his father ask for his permission about Sunwoo's mom is just melt my heart..

i found a translated interview on tumblr that NL (Choi Sungwon) did! He talks about who he wants DS's hubby to be, how similar he is to his character, and getting hit many times by his noonas hahahah :D (hopefully i am brightening the mood of the thread!!)

[291215] AM1988 Choi Sungwon’s Osen Interview

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o07htmW6LW1qm4lwb_540.jpg

On the husband:
“Noeul is hoping that the husband is Taek, because Junghwan is ‘Gae Jungpal’ (laugh). Even if it’s just one, wouldn’t it better to have a brother-in-law that takes care of you? Last time, Taek even gave him a banana. At Noeul’s age, wouldn’t he hope for a star brother-in-law that’s on TV and newspapers? So Noeul recommends Taek as his brother-in-law. But as Choi Sungwon who’s in his thirties, I like Junghwan. It seems like girls won’t like husbands that are too busy. Reflecting real-life, I like Junghwan, who has a normal job and is a husband that’s like a friend.”

On how similar he is to his character:
“That’s the beauty of the casting. Shin Wonho PD largely casts actors that resemble the characters the most. It’s ok even if you’re not great at acting. I like that you can immerse yourself comfortably.”

On getting hit by his noonas:
“Noeul does and says things that deserve hittings from his noonas (laugh). Ryu Hyeyoung and Hyeri’s passion for acting on the set is amazing. Hyeyoungie practices rigorously for 30 minutes at a time to familiarize herself with the script, and searches for perfection. It’s to that point that the director tells her to stop. And Hyeri is doing great too. Everyone is working hard to the point that they all deserve applause.”

On his loveline in the drama being over:
“It’s such a shame. I don’t think I’ll have anymore romance in the future.”

On discovering the charms of acting while doing theatre and musicals (and wishing to become an actor like Lee Soonjae, who still receives love as he ages):
“Honestly, it’s still a bit awkward for me to have the title “Actor” next to my name. I’ll continually work hard in order to become a good actor. But, I want to become an warm actor who reciprocates happily when people approach to greet me.”

• [+3875, -124] I fell for Noeul watching him sing….♡♡
  • [+2354, -71] I was so surprised that he’s so good at singing ㅋㅋ
  • [+2092, -78] This hyung is pretty good at acting…
  • [+1398, -89] Noeul is so cute ㅠㅜㅜㅠㅠ♡
  • [+1681, -280] ㅋㅋㅋ The brother-in-law is Junghwan, of course ㅎㅎ

Source: ‘응팔’ 최성원 “혜리 남편? 개인적으로 류준열이길”[인터뷰③]

I also saw an article, with my limited korean knowledge, i think it says that the time jump will happen in episode 17 and that the script/filming is not yet done for episode 18? someone help me translate LOL the comments of knetizens seem pretty bummed i think. Article:[단독] '응팔', 17회부터 94년으로…"18회 대본은 아직"

[NEWS] Reply 1988 to hold a concert on March 5, 2016
to share, please go here: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/136313184660/news-reply-1988-to-hold-a-concert-on-march-5

IYin6se.jpg

News article by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please share with proper credits!
Do not translate to other language without our permission.
Thank you!

During the last months of 2015, TvN’s Reply 1988 has been the one of the trending dramas people love to watch during their Fridays and Saturdays. Though it might be saddening to realize that the drama is reaching its end this coming January 2016, the Reply 1988 fever just won’t stop right away.

In order to give back to their fans for their unending love and support for the series and its characters, there will be a Reply 1988 concert this coming March 2016.

An official from the Reply drama told Sport Donga that they are planning to hold a concert on March 5, 2016 at Seoul Hoegi-dong Kyunghee University Hall of Peace. Hyeri, Ryu Jun Yeol, Park Bogum and the other drama leads are in preparation for their performances. Lee Moon Se, Jeon In Kwon and other singer’s performances are also to be expected.

This Reply Concert is a privilege which can only happen in the Reply series. All installments of the Reply series (Reply 1997, Reply 1994, and Reply 1988) are not only famous for the drama itself, but its OSTs receive so much attention and it creates a genre “Drama Concert.”

Among the Reply 1988 OSTs, Jeon In Kwon’s ‘Don’t Worry, My Dear’, Lee Moon Se’s 'Girl’, and Kim Chang Won’s 'Youth’ secured top positions in every music site so their appearances in this special concert are something to look forward to.

---------------

What performances are you looking forward to?
What songs do you want to see?
Are your hearts ready for Sunwoo-Dongryong-Junghwan Sobangcha comeback?!
And for Bogum's singing skills?!!?!?!?!?

/dead/

Guest wizengamot
44 minutes ago, EMM! said:

[NEWS] Reply 1988 to hold a concert on March 5, 2016
to share, please go here: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/136313184660/news-reply-1988-to-hold-a-concert-on-march-5

IYin6se.jpg

News article by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please share with proper credits!
Do not translate to other language without our permission.
Thank you!

During the last months of 2015, TvN’s Reply 1988 has been the one of the trending dramas people love to watch during their Fridays and Saturdays. Though it might be saddening to realize that the drama is reaching its end this coming January 2016, the Reply 1988 fever just won’t stop right away.

In order to give back to their fans for their unending love and support for the series and its characters, there will be a Reply 1988 concert this coming March 2016.

An official from the Reply drama told Sport Donga that they are planning to hold a concert on March 5, 2016 at Seoul Hoegi-dong Kyunghee University Hall of Peace. Hyeri, Ryu Jun Yeol, Park Bogum and the other drama leads are in preparation for their performances. Lee Moon Se, Jeon In Kwon and other singer’s performances are also to be expected.

This Reply Concert is a privilege which can only happen in the Reply series. All installments of the Reply series (Reply 1997, Reply 1994, and Reply 1988) are not only famous for the drama itself, but its OSTs receive so much attention and it creates a genre “Drama Concert.”

Among the Reply 1988 OSTs, Jeon In Kwon’s ‘Don’t Worry, My Dear’, Lee Moon Se’s 'Girl’, and Kim Chang Won’s 'Youth’ secured top positions in every music site so their appearances in this special concert are something to look forward to.

---------------

What performances are you looking forward to?
What songs do you want to see?
Are your hearts ready for Sunwoo-Dongryong-Junghwan Sobangcha comeback?!
And for Bogum's singing skills?!!?!?!?!?

/dead/

i want SW, DR and JH bust another Sobangcha dance lol hahahahaha! and Uptown Funk too!!!!

and Bogummy better play this one (been obsessed with this vid since IRY/Hello Monster, it's still on my phone with his version of Jang Nara's sweet dreams)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-LUu58Br4

Hi again! Are there any news about the OST? Will they release a CD+DVD set also like in 1994? They released vol 1. Will they release vol 2? Will they combine the OSTs in one CD and release DVD, photobook, etc like the special gift box set in 1994? I have so many questions.. Thanks in advance! 

Guest wizengamot
18 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Indubitably. DS is JH’s first love too.  

However, that’s NOT the bone of contention here, my dear. :) I apologize; I sometimes forget that English isn’t the primary language of people here so my posts may be confusing. I’ll highlight the key words that you missed in my post.

Furthermore, in this show, the person who loved DS first – meaning, earliest and longest -- was the person who didn’t speak much in the first couple of episodes. lol. Didn’t anybody else *see* that?

If you carefully re-read my post, I had written that people root for JH-DS as the OTP because they believe that the male character who loved the girl first or longest should get the girl in the end. I said that’s the WRONG argument to make – especially, if you’re a die-hard JH-DS shipper -- because it’s, in fact, TK who loved DS long before JH fell for her. 

If you want a crude timeline – 

Actually, I understand your point. That between JH and TK, measured at the same timeline, there's no denying that TK likes DS first. I even had this idea that TK liked DS since childhood. I mean, ep 2 flashbacked on the squad's childhood and we see how DS mothers/ took care of TK. Although JH was the first one to approach little TK (with his water gun) it was DS who had stretched out her hand for him and even gave him candy. Little DS even piggyback him to school. Now, for someone who had just lost his mom, i'm sure TK had already placed DS in a special place in his heart ever since. 

DS is TK first love and that even if she is also JH or any other guys first love. Your point is TK is the very first one to have DS as his first love among the other boys.

@carolinedl is only pointing out that DS is also JH first love. She just want to state that so that people will also see this side too. TK may have made DS his first love first among any other guy (including JH) but doesn't erase the fact that JH first love is also DS. no harm in that.

what's uncalled for is the highlighted and underlined part of your post (blue green). i'm the one who highlighted and underlined it. i don't know how (in what tone) should people read it. It appears or sound superior , and it takes time and an extra ounce of understanding to think that it is not. 

but still kudos for you: you've proven in well-written manner two points:

1. that JH is obviously the husband.

2. TK loved DS first.

13 minutes ago, wateryroseapple said:

Hi again! Are there any news about the OST? Will they release a CD+DVD set also like in 1994? They released vol 1. Will they release vol 2? Will they combine the OSTs in one CD and release DVD, photobook, etc like the special gift box set in 1994? I have so many questions.. Thanks in advance! 

They released a Soundtrack album already <3

23381464-0.jpg

23381464-1.jpg

23381464-2.jpg

----------

For the DVD, it's still in production, please help the Reply 1988 Director's cut Blu Ray / DVD team with their survey: http://bit.ly/reply1988dvd

[REPLY 1988 DVD FAQ] updated dec 2015

How will it look like?
- We don’t know yet, but please refer to TvN’s Reply 1997 and 1994 DVDs! :)

Will there be English subtitles?
- This matter will be discussed with the production team. Please show your interest on this matter so they can relay it to the company)

What are some perks we can look forward to if we choose Premium / Director’s cut edition?
- So far, extra perks the Reply series has released were photobook, narration book, chronicle booklet (94) and best scenes compilation, poster making, press conference, commentaries, interviews, NG cuts, Making of, prologue and cameos (97) were included in the DVD.

What’s the difference between Blu Ray version / DVD version?
- First, the resolution. We’ll get higher and better resolution (and file size) for the Blu Ray version. But, not all DVD players can play Blu Ray discs. Please take note that it can only be played using Blu Ray format supported players.

Blu Ray/DVD price range?
- Please expect it to be at least 130+ USD. Take note that since Reply 1988 has longer air time and has more episodes, it might cost more. 

For more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Eyes on RYU! (eyesonryu.tumblr.com)

Reply 1988 Director’s Cut Blu Ray/DVD team: http://cafe.daum.net/reply1988dvd

Hello,

A friend recommended this show to watch. It's pretty fun. Here are some of my observations thus far.

The best story line of this show (even though it is small part) is Sun Woo's mother and Taek's father. Two people, that suffered extreme heartache through losing loved ones, slowing fill a void in their lives with each other.

The love triangle doesn't really hold much water. Duk Sun really only wants to experience 'romance' that she fancied any guy she thought liked her. She's probably going to end up with Jung Hwan since future husband doesn't have aspergers. The show will probably end with her doing a monologue saying she ended up with the 'dog' of the neighborhood. You know what, forget it. My money is on that she ends up with Dong Ryong. They're good friends with great rapport. She goes to him for advice. They dance well with each other. They both aren't really good students. Jung Hwan will probably join the air force and won't be around. Taek will probably be busy conquering the Baduk/Galaga world.

@packmule3

I love your post and although people say that it's condescending and that you look down on us personally feel like you were direct and straight to point. It's difficult to make a point by sugarcoating. You have amazing observation skills and analysis, I feel like you study the process of script-writing and film-making. Do you? Im glad to see a user finally calling out how some viewers miss the point through shipping (and im guilty of charge of being a hypocrite, just by my dp alone and some of my posts) and i admire how you said to understand the creator of the drama.

I have decided to voice my opinion over the river of posts to take on the last post of @packmule3.And I am saying this that no matter where my preference stands,I appreciate any good written posts whether I like it or not,and if any write up has good logical points that support the conjectures.Anyway on her post,she firstly even included the word 'dear'.I got where the question arised from.The question was,Deok Sun was JH"s first love too.While @packmule3's point was that 'taek was the one who had feelings for DS way back when JH was not even in the equation.'So I reckon she took it that @carolinedl just missed her observation here.We sometimes do that right? I mean I do it a lot,when I'm skimming for words.I have this tendency of fast-track reading.Anyway I am again saying this without any thought to have a take on anyone.All the posts here actually helps to keep the doors of reason/logic open.So that everything makes sense even if it does not go down my desired road.

- End of the day  this is just a drama.I hope we don't personally attack anyone based on our personal feelings.Surely this is a public thread and we can state what we feel..but not crossing the border of taking down anyone else.Anyway this is my personal take,and I really wish all the shippers/non shippers/neutral ones/ can co-exist in this thread without feeling it hard to breath after all.The quality of posts have surely been uprising and I wish it stays that way,until the next episode airs.I guess we all are getting a bit of frustrated with no supplies of new episode to entertain us/to stop our worried/non-worried speculations.

Guest wizengamot

okay, i think posting observation is okay, right?

episode 1 of all the reply series (bickering)

Reply 1997

Reply.1997.E01.mp4_370604_zpsqucwihbx.jp

Reply.1997.E01.mp4_371905_zpsbvimw73v.jp

Reply 1994

answer01-00091_zpsomd9hxmr.jpg

Reply 1988

Reply%201988%2001_579612_zps8av5eaci.jpg

Reply%201988%2001_226560_zpsiirdzhdb.jpg

BONUS:

Spoiler

Reply%201988%2002_5188817_zpswblznlvh.jp

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

- End of the day  this is just a drama.I hope we don't personally attack anyone based on our personal feelings.Surely this is a public thread and we can state what we feel..but not crossing the border of taking down anyone else.Anyway this is my personal take,and I really wish all the shippers/non shippers/neutral ones/ can co-exist in this thread without feeling it hard to breath after all.The quality of posts have surely been uprising and I wish it stays that way,until the next episode airs.I guess we all are getting a bit of frustrated with no supplies of new episode to entertain us/to stop our worried/non-worried speculations.

End of the day, (end of the year actually !!!), we could all agree that we are all (each in our own way) emotionally invested. And it's not just the lack of new episodes that frustrates, it's also the fact that sometimes what's important to one user, is something another user chooses to ignore. It's not just are answers that are different, it's also the questions. But yes, I hope different opinions are voiced here cause writing in one threat and lurking in two others makes my head spin.

Archived