[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

Everybody if rewatch the last episode in a different POV and you'll realize that it was actually a sad ending not a happy ending! 

Nothing got resolved in the end, nothing was reseted, no second chances. Because the characters choose to never look at the other POV, so they keep hurting/ignoring the problem. They only repeated the situation, they never reset(fixed) it.

- KSY still thinks she's the victim, she never saw things from EunBi's POV, they never resolved their issues. So karma is punishing KSY, her dad(someone more powerful than her) is bullying her, repeatedly.

- YiAhn's shoulder injury was never healed. It's still hurting him, but he choose to ignore it and keeps swimming back and forth, making the injury worst

- EunBi and Taekwang literally couldn't see eye-to-eye, they both turned a-blind-eye. And they couldn't see they were hurting eachother, both sad/cried, so no 2nd chances for them.

My duality theory is right! But they never reset their problems! So never got 2nd chances!

Message of the story:

We're suppose to look at situations from 2 sides, 2 perspectives, 2 narratives, both are possibilities, both have pro/cons reasons, there's no absolute right or wrong answer! And if you choose to never look at the other POV, you'll get hurt because you never saw it/noticed it. But everybody has a 2nd chances (....so everybody has a chance to a happy ending....not sure....maybe? hopefully?!!)

The things that are going to happen in the future already happened before, because history always repeats itself! 

Therefore the characters never learned their lesson the 1st/2nd/3rd times, so they were all doom to repeat it! Over and over again like being stuck in a vicious cycle.

ONLY REPEATING, NEVER RESETING!!!!!!

(Maybe just one last post lol)

hi @ajumma-pants

you are one of the very passionate ones in terms on dissecting the writers theory. As much as I agree with your theory of duality, I think the intention is not as deep as you interpreted it to be. It is as simple as a girl who stumble upon a chance to relive her life but that chance started off with everything so twisted (mistaken identity). To me that wasn't the reset for her, just yet. It was a chance to reset. And in this final episode is where she really pressed the RESET button. Coming back with the CORRECT identity, no lies and making friends all over again.

Why the event repeats itself is because it should have and would have been like that because the interaction was not a lie, the only lie was her identity. Now she gets to do it all over again without the lie. This isn't the end for them, it is just the beginning. Which means whatever happens next,good or bad, be it with the YiBi ship or she really regret not accepting TK, she'll have to face it because she is now free to decide her own fate and accept the consequences. But for us, we need the drama to end or we will go Insane (with reference to BTOB debut song lolol I just had to) 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ajumma-pants

@misappear  

I think the story is more bitter-sweet, than just happy or sad, it all depends on your POV. But they do show us 2 sides/2conclusions, one bad one good in a subtle way: You rescue a life, give up your own life! You save one student, you hurt another student! You stop a bully, then get bullied! You love someone, but they love someone else!  

The plot and themes are actually very complex and talk about serious isses: suicide, bulllying, abusing power, parenting, not exactly simple topics.

And because it is a mystery there are a lot of hinted hidden double meanings, especially when you rewatch scenes and look at the little details, like recurring 2-3 reset-repeats. It is really beautifully written and well though out. I think the story is actually so convoluted/intricate, it goes over most peoples heads. But I always see a new point of view after rewatching, it's a very addictive show. 

Guest ororomunroe

June 16 Ratings:

Hwajung - Nationwide #8 11% | Seoul #4 12.5%
High Society - Nationwide #16 8.2% | Seoul #10 9.9%
School 2015 - Nationwide #16 8.2%  | Seoul #15 8.5%

Cr: AGB Korea

Hwajung - Nationwide #12 9.3% | Seoul #8 11.1%
School 2015 - Nationwide #10 9.7% | Seoul #6 11.7%
High Society - Nationwide <7.2% | Seoul #15 8.8%

Cr: TNMS Korea

Episode 15 reviewcap/opinion, time to dive in the last episode! :D

School 2015: Who Are You? ~ Episode 15 Recap

TaeBiYiThe hardest thing to do while finding yourself between the 15th and the 16th episode of a drama reaching the end is to hide from spoilers. At this point i found myself in spoiler crossfire but i was rapid enough to turn a blind eye on them and kind of preserve the magic of the last episode. Monday’s episode found School 2015 in the third place with 7.5% while Hwajung was maintaining the first place with 10.7% and High Society rose to the second place with a humble yet strong enough 7.7%. South Korea and many international fans have already bid farewell School 2015, as for me, the last episode awaits for me to say goodbye to this wonderful drama in a proper way hoping it will reward me since the journey itself had been more than rewarding for the past 15 episodes.

Read more here: https://dramajjang.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/school-2015-who-are-you-episode-15-recap/

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum! Thank you to all the taebi shippers who I could spazz with and thank you to all the yibi shippers who provided me with an alternative view!

Although the ending was quite disappointing, I'm glad that many of the actors and actresses were able to shine and hopefully they'll be back soon with another drama and land more roles in future :)

I trust we'll meet again in another thread. So its not goodbye! Just like we won't be saying bye to sungjae. Hands up whose going to be joining me for the sunjoy thread this weekend ? :P

Thank you all...
this has been really fun ride...  i never this much invested in dramas discussion and shipping somehow this drama makes me want to discuss everything the plot, pairing, characters... and looking at others POV is really interesting...

and fellow taebi shippers... dont bash the actor or actresses...if everything fails just think this is open ended...

see you again

While suffering from withdrawal syndrome I'Ve just found this new MV and I must say this got to be one of the best out there - beautiful colouring, hauntingly beautiful recollection of their lovestory to "Hunger" by Ross Copperman - a song I love very much.

Now we have reached the end and I'm satisfied with the ending. People can interpret it whatever they want but I think it

seems very fitting for a teen orientated drama. 

U2uECZS.pngpsIMe7I.png

gEKtJKG.png

I mean as I told everyone YA and EB seems to be the end game for this drama, but is it really the end game? I mean TK still likes EB and told her straight out that he will continue to like her despite her rejection (again!). It doesn't seem her liking someone and dating someone is going to make him deter his feelings, but no doubt is going to hurt him. But our TK is resilient to the bone! I found it completely heartwarming when his dad came back and they had a dinner filled with tofu (Korean tradition to give to someone who got released from jail).

SY ending was meh, I didn't really care for her nor felt sad for her circumstances, which may make me seem like a terrible person but that's the truth. She is really pitiful as EB described and make in the future she'll redeem herself. Furthermore the snippets of the other students who were all paving their own future made my heart feel with warmth. Who knows what the future past the actual drama hold? Maybe YA and EB might break up, maybe TK might find a better girl who is 10x better than EB, maybe TK continues to like EB, maybe EB and TK end up together. There's a lot of maybes and uncertainties because you know what their 18 years old and they still have a whole life ahead of them. 

Anyways, it has been a pleasure partaking in the forum, although it got a bit too intense with the shipping war. Nevertheless I will see you all around on some other forums because their some good dramas airing currently!

large.gif

Everybody if rewatch the last episode in a different POV and you'll realize that it was actually a sad ending not a happy ending! 

Nothing got resolved in the end, nothing was reseted, no second chances. Because the characters choose to never look at the other POV, so they keep hurting/ignoring the problem. They only repeated the situation, they never reset(fixed) it.

- KSY still thinks she's the victim, she never saw things from EunBi's POV, they never resolved their issues. So karma is punishing KSY, her dad(someone more powerful than her) is bullying her, repeatedly.

- YiAhn's shoulder injury was never healed. It's still hurting him, but he choose to ignore it and keeps swimming back and forth, making the injury worst

- EunBi and Taekwang literally couldn't see eye-to-eye, they both turned a-blind-eye. And they couldn't see they were hurting eachother, both sad/cried, so no 2nd chances for them.

My duality theory is right! But they never reset their problems! So never got 2nd chances!

Message of the story:

We're suppose to look at situations from 2 sides, 2 perspectives, 2 narratives, both are possibilities, both have pro/cons reasons, there's no absolute right or wrong answer! And if you choose to never look at the other POV, you'll get hurt because you never saw it/noticed it. But everybody has a 2nd chances (....so everybody has a chance to a happy ending....not sure....maybe? hopefully?!!)

The things that are going to happen in the future already happened before, because history always repeats itself! 

Therefore the characters never learned their lesson the 1st/2nd/3rd times, so they were all doom to repeat it! Over and over again like being stuck in a vicious cycle.

ONLY REPEATING, NEVER RESETING!!!!!! 2 things = reset, 3 things = repeat

Although I liked what you said hun, life moves on. Life isn't a vicious cycle.. the theme song fits this drama well because well the OTP was already destined to be. Love is hidden, and doesn't always reveal itself easily. 

As for Eun Bi and TK, TK didn't really sacrfice anything for her, while YA was troubled with his own  life, he found support through both Eun Byul and Eun Bi. It was a one-sided love for Eun Byul but he realized his inner feelings in the end. 

This whole drama is base  in a school setting, and the whole point of it was to portray bullying as a vicious cycle if that is what you meant. It always gets reset over and over again. As you can see, the ending repeatedly mentioned the age of 18, being youthful and finding out your passion, your dreams. Life is short but one is never too late in finding one's dream--it's cliche but this is one message the writer wanted to portray and get the youth to understand. 

Now we have reached the end and I'm satisfied with the ending. People can interpret it whatever they want but I think it

seems very fitting for a teen orientated drama. 

Hidden Content

I mean as I told everyone YA and EB seems to be the end game for this drama, but is it really the end game? I mean TK still likes EB and told her straight out that he will continue to like her despite her rejection (again!). It doesn't seem her liking someone and dating someone is going to make him deter his feelings, but no doubt is going to hurt him. But our TK is resilient to the bone! I found it completely heartwarming when his dad came back and they had a dinner filled with tofu (Korean tradition to give to someone who got released from jail).

SY ending was meh, I didn't really care for her nor felt sad for her circumstances, which may make me seem like a terrible person but that's the truth. She is really pitiful as EB described and make in the future she'll redeem herself. Furthermore the snippets of the other students who were all paving their own future made my heart feel with warmth. Who knows what the future past the actual drama hold? Maybe YA and EB might break up, maybe TK might find a better girl who is 10x better than EB, maybe TK continues to like EB, maybe EB and TK end up together. There's a lot of maybes and uncertainties because you know what their 18 years old and they still have a whole life ahead of them. 

Anyways, it has been a pleasure partaking in the forum, although it got a bit too intense with the shipping war. Nevertheless I will see you all around on some other forums because their some good dramas airing currently!

And that is why I root for the OTP in my heart. :) No hurt there if one just keeps everything hidden. I have to be honest though, the ones on here getting distraught about the male leads only made it worse by shouting out who they were rooting for. Just enjoy the plot and the suspense every week. This was well written. Most of it was addressed, and of course some flaws here and there. 

Message of the story:

ONLY REPEATING, NEVER RESETING!!!!!! 2 things = reset, 3 things = repeat

You can also go into journalism or English if you have not graduated from College. I see potential in you if you pursue what you want to do. I have been lurking and your writing is beyond as expected.  Who knows, maybe you'll be the next renown  Korean/Bilingual  Drama writer. :) 

Hey guys,

So this drama concluded in a way that didn't exceed my expectations but met them ish. I'll accept it. I just don't like writers throwing that many red herrings, or purposely creating a fuller story line to someone compared to the main leads, which just doesn't make sense to me.

This was the first drama that I sort of followed on soompi and I enjoyed it :) loved reading everyone's comments

and I wish to see Kim So Hyun soon! & sungjae LOL 

Sigh. It broke my heart to see the TaeKwang scenes, as a TaeKwang/Eunbi shipper.

Poor guy...well you can't really force someone to develop feelings for another, no matter how nice the other person was. But...while watching the last episode, it still hurt to see Taekwang get rejected and then see cute TaeKwang/Eunbi moments.

Really, he should have sang a heart wrenching ballad. Maybe serenade to the girl...

There were a few things I wish were done differently, but it was a fun drama and very addictive.

I see a bright future for these three young actress/actors: Kim So Hyun, Jo Soo hyang (So Young), and Sungjae. Soo Hyang really nailed her scenes in this last episode.

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] School 2015

oo11.jpg

My Daily - Naver: 'Who Are You' Kim So Hyun confesses to Nam Joo Hyuk "I like you"

1. [+4,376, -185] Pretty sure the writer got drunk yesterday

2. [+3,735, -273] Worst ending out of all the dramas I've seen

3. [+3,098, -148] Poor Taekwang 

4. [+739, -46] Writer..? It would've been happier if you ended it as Eunbyul- YiAhn and  Eunbi-Taekwang. Exactly why? So hopeless...

5. [+670, -44] Everyone but the writer knew about the love lines

6. [+227, -12] I wanted to watch this drama to relieve stress but I got more stress out of it

7. [+193, -13] I think I just found a drama that has a worse ending than 'Big' ㅋㅋㅋㅋWhat a poopㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+163, -6] I also feel bad to the viewers who were looking forward to the ending

9. [+78, -5] The biggest victims of this drama: Gong Tae Kwang, Go Eun Byul, Nam Joo Hyuk and, the viewers

10. [+76, -4] First love confession that didn't make my heart flutter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

tv Report - Naver 
11. [+2,743, -38] It ended with the dongsaeng living the life of her unni. She gets friends, a mom and a boyfriend.. The unni came back alive to clean up her dongsaeng's mess, support her lovelife and all of a sudden she dreams of studying abroad.. What's worst is the dongsaeng starts dating the guy who crushed on her unni for 10 years.. and she starts attending her unni's school

12. [+2,065, -79] I don't understand and I can't accept this ending.... Should've chosen Taekwang... Oh my~

13. [+704, -41] What are the best lines in 'Who Are You'?
-To the rooftop
-Don't live like that
-To the rooftop
-Hi Lee Eun Bi
-Kang So Young: Han Yi Ahn~ I'm suddenly curious?
-Yah! Kang So Young
-It's okay. You can be hurt. Because you are 18 years old!
-Gong Taekwang...... I'm sorry..........
-Do you know kimchi?

14. [+166, -4] Should've just titled this drama as 'Who Are You'.. And also,  Shijin is  forever gonna think that Taekwang likes herㅋㅋㅋㅋ

15. [+119, -8]  Lee Eunbi and Han Yi Ahn are the worst characters

cr: kkuljaem

[Spoilers] School 2015

My Daily - Naver: 'Who Are You' Kim So Hyun confesses to Nam Joo Hyuk "I like you"

1. [+4,376, -185] Pretty sure the writer got drunk yesterday

2. [+3,735, -273] Worst ending out of all the dramas I've seen

3. [+3,098, -148] Poor Taekwang 

4. [+739, -46] Writer..? It would've been happier if you ended it as Eunbyul- YiAhn and  Eunbi-Taekwang. Exactly why? So hopeless...

5. [+670, -44] Everyone but the writer knew about the love lines

6. [+227, -12] I wanted to watch this drama to relieve stress but I got more stress out of it

7. [+193, -13] I think I just found a drama that has a worse ending than 'Big' ㅋㅋㅋㅋWhat a poopㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+163, -6] I also feel bad to the viewers who were looking forward to the ending

9. [+78, -5] The biggest victims of this drama: Gong Tae Kwang, Go Eun Byul, Nam Joo Hyuk and, the viewers

10. [+76, -4] First love confession that didn't make my heart flutter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

tv Report - Naver 
11. [+2,743, -38] It ended with the dongsaeng living the life of her unni. She gets friends, a mom and a boyfriend.. The unni came back alive to clean up her dongsaeng's mess, support her lovelife and all of a sudden she dreams of studying abroad.. What's worst is the dongsaeng starts dating the guy who crushed on her unni for 10 years.. and she starts attending her unni's school

12. [+2,065, -79] I don't understand and I can't accept this ending.... Should've chosen Taekwang... Oh my~

13. [+704, -41] What are the best lines in 'Who Are You'?
-To the rooftop
-Don't live like that
-To the rooftop
-Hi Lee Eun Bi
-Kang So Young: Han Yi Ahn~ I'm suddenly curious?
-Yah! Kang So Young
-It's okay. You can be hurt. Because you are 18 years old!
-Gong Taekwang...... I'm sorry..........
-Do you know kimchi?

14. [+166, -4] Should've just titled this drama as 'Who Are You'.. And also,  Shijin is  forever gonna think that Taekwang likes herㅋㅋㅋㅋ

15. [+119, -8]  Lee Eunbi and Han Yi Ahn are the worst characters

cr: kkuljaem

I dont need to share my opinion, Knetz comment already represent me hhahahha.....

Congratulations to YiBi shippers!

And to fellow TaeBi shippers : @zaireen, @minibunny, @Shajoona, @bebebisous33 and many many more of you, thank you for your posts that lighted up my day, thank you for the ride, we survive it. Tae Kwang really is one of the best developed character and I won't forget him and maybe I will watch the series again just to meet him. So proud I'm onboard on this ship. *bow*

Thank you for the live streaming recappers, good job!

And to all posters in this thread, see you all again soon in another thread. Nice meeting you all. :D

Thank you TaeBi shippers, forever in my heart!! I won't regret boarding in this ship. :D Not to forget @emme85 

But i'm surely gonna miss TK :tears:

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum! Thank you to all the taebi shippers who I could spazz with and thank you to all the yibi shippers who provided me with an alternative view!

Although the ending was quite disappointing, I'm glad that many of the actors and actresses were able to shine and hopefully they'll be back soon with another drama and land more roles in future :)

I trust we'll meet again in another thread. So its not goodbye! Just like we won't be saying bye to sungjae. Hands up whose going to be joining me for the sunjoy thread this weekend ? :P

Thank you to you too. I really had a good time with all fellow TaeBi shippers. Such a great journey.

And see you for SungJoy thread :wub:

I already said my goodbyes last night but I guess I'll stick around for a while because the writers didn't give me enough time to heal and move on but just gave me that ending so suddenly. Sigh. Oh well, for TaeBi shippers who are looking for an alternative ending here you go! And a commentary about the ending as a whole...

I love the alternative ending. :wub:

Archived