[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

Thinking of Eun Bi now a certain 'Jane Eyre' comes to mind...only she was much much better in terms of standing up for herself...I wish KDramas would stop writing live script and finish it way earlier before the drama starts so that ...the poor handling of characters and also giving emphasis on lifting up audience's expectation don't affect the quality of a drama as a whole.Just my opinion...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, i was just wondering... in ep 15, Yiahn says "you have to take responsibility and stick to your words. Until i get my gold medal...." to Eunbi (in the morning when he tells her to give him her phone) 

What exactly is he referring to?? 

IM SO CURIOUS 

Guest restlessB

• The ending feels like they're getting rid of Eun Byul to make a way for Eun Bi in order to keep the status of Eun Bi as the main character. Eun Byul deserves better than being getting rid of like that. What's wrong with making the twins go to the same school? Why should Eun Byul go abroad?
  • Eun Byul is so awesome until the end that I feel sad for saying goodbye to her character especially how she's being getting rid of just like that ;__; SHE DESERVES BETTER! GET EUN BYUL HER OWN DRAMA! #EunByulfordramamaincharacter2015
DGAF about frustrating love lines, values friendship , family and education , has strong personality , is sure of her interest etc etc (cr: larason)

SHE ALSO HAVE AWESOME 2 GIRL FRIENDS 

They could have utilize these characters! The actresses can act!!! Why not give them a chance!!?? They should have explore the friendship of female students ... tsk 

Guest ajumma-pants

That last episode was just a mess! I tried looking at it from different angles, concepts, perspectives, premises, theories, but there's nothing saving it, was just really lazy writing, choppy editing, badly though out ideas or that writers were trying to trick us. There was so much potential for the 2pov/duality plot but it lost all it's context, continually, and sense of direction in the end, what a waste of a good concept!

Comparing them conceptually/creatively/theoretically (not emotionally or pragmatically)

If you actually look at their POV/story lines separately, TK and EB had more parallels scenes and overlapping connections: dead drops(bridge/hospital), parentless(orphan/abandonment), loneliness(suicide/rebelling). And EY and YA, POV/story lines also had more parallels and overlapping themes to each other: always just out of reach from the gold metal (giving/getting), unrequited love, constant childhood memories, flashbacks foreshadowing. So these pairs seem almost faited to be with each over since the beginning. And based on laws of attractions, their personally match up as well(opposites attract/likes repel).

So creatively/theoretically from an artistic standpoint, I have no idea why YiBi couple was the final conclusion?(or at least alluding to it -- open ended), it seems so out of context w/ the plot! Especially if the message and moral of the story is to reset life/second chances. TK's character never even got to experience his second chances with EB, no 2nd date, no 2nd Hug, no 2nd kiss. Where as YiAhn had already finished his second chances with EB 2hug/2dates, but is had lots of unfinished chances and unrequited love for EunByul.

Therefore the ending basically contradicts with the everything they've shown us so far, it makes no sense conceptually/creatively/theoretically, the whole message/moral of the story is LOST. On top of that, they just randomly stuck in new pointless plotlines/elements/information that had no cause, and all of a sudden they started showing us repeats (things in 3) rather than resets (things in 2). There were no signs of resets(duality/duplicity) in the finally, only repeats(unset/3 things/continual bad things). They were showing us the opposite of what they were saying!!!  (***Remember when Teacher Ssaem Sam Hammington said "without subtitles (words) can we understand the meaning of a film by just looking at it and discussing afterwards").

Basically almost everything was left open ended, no resets, unset, unsettled. So it seems like it was really a sad ending not a happy ending!!! That why people don't like it, it doesn't make sense at all!!! **edit: The mess/dislike is not about the ships, it's about the ridiculous convoluted senseless storytelling. They tarnished 15 episodes of good beautifully well written stories/characters, just because of 1 episode of unsatisfying passive solutions and self-satisfying endings. If that was the mystery? then the concept was an absurd pointless idea.

Guest restlessB

So creatively/theoretically from an artistic standpoint, I have no idea why YiBi couple was the final conclusion?(or at least alluding to it -- open ended), it seems so out of context w/ the plot! Especially if the message and moral of the story is to reset life/second chances. TK's character never even got to experience his second chances with EB, no 2nd date, no 2nd Hug, no 2nd kiss. We're YiAhn had already finished his second chances with EB 2hug/2dates, but is had lots of unfinished chances and unrequited love for EunByul.

Do you remember the scene where Yi ahn suddenly appeared in 2-3 class room after hitting by the car? In my POV that was not a mistake by the production, I think they planned it to pair the scene for the love story of Yi ahn x Eun Bi. They were telling us before hand that the ending will be makjang.  Both are "makjang" 

the message and moral of the story is to reset life/second chances. 

In my POV here is your answer  : Life is outrageous and ...

doesn't make sense at all!!!

the writers were thinking they are cool but they aren't. I'm not impressed nor find it humorous. :mellow:  

EDIT: people will really react because School franchise is not makjang. 

wthhh HAHAHA I could agree with every-couple-ending whether it would be YiBi/TaeBi/open ending but WHYYY WRITER WHY MUST U MAKE EunB living her sister's lifeeeeeeee , URGHH ... writer must be having a lot of soju while getting the script done...

Guest ajumma-pants

So creatively/theoretically from an artistic standpoint, I have no idea why YiBi couple was the final conclusion?(or at least alluding to it -- open ended), it seems so out of context w/ the plot! Especially if the message and moral of the story is to reset life/second chances. TK's character never even got to experience his second chances with EB, no 2nd date, no 2nd Hug, no 2nd kiss. We're YiAhn had already finished his second chances with EB 2hug/2dates, but is had lots of unfinished chances and unrequited love for EunByul.

Do you remember the scene where Yi ahn suddenly appeared in 2-3 class room after hitting by the car? In my POV that was not a mistake by the production, I think they planned it to pair the scene for the love story of Yi ahn x Eun Bi. They were telling us before hand that the ending will be makjang.  Both are "makjang" 

the writers were thinking they are cool but they aren't. I'm not impressed nor find it humorous. :mellow:  

...or  basically writers' final message: richard simmons you viewers......

Guest restlessB

...or  basically writers' final message: richard simmons you viewers......

uh huh ... and now knetizen really hate them :w00t:  

Sigh ~

the more i see TaeKwang and EunBi's fanmade videos ..the more i feel like killing the writers for giving us such an ending !!:crazy:
They literally were everything in this drama ..and if you disagree with me go and watch their videos too..B)

but yeah ..whatever ..it's over ...

I'd like to think actually that the whole premise of the story was to promote the idealism of youth, in that while being young one may stumble and make mistakes, but it was important to pick oneself up and get back on the right track. The loveline was therefore more a vehicle of self-discovery with who ending up with who being more the side-story and I think this was reflected in the open-ended nature of the finale. After all, they are all only 18 and regardless of who they choose now, who knows what the future will hold. 

More importantly is how the characters have grown throughout the course of the drama. EBi had the fortune of being thrust into Eby's position after her initial memory loss but after she remembered who she was, I don't think she ever felt comfortable trying to be her sister and it probably ate at her. Yes, she could've easily pulled a Eby and confronted SY more aggressively but I think that would go against her nature. It may seem like noble idiocy giving up but the drama has been consistent in its message about living true to oneself and the difference this time is that when Ebi had to leave school a second time, it was her choice and she was comfortable with her decision. Just before she attempted suicide, SY had made Ebi completely doubt in who she was and what she stood for but at the end she managed to regain all that and in essence 'reset' her life. 

As for TK, I liked him as a character and it's a shame he didn't get his first love but I think the more important aspect of his story was always his relationship with his father and him also having to deny who he was in front of everyone in school. It's true his background shares many similarities to Ebi but that could be what made him such a good confidante to her, and not necessarily in a romantic sense. In real life it does happen that a guy and a gal can be really close friends without being in a romantic relationship and this is mirrored in YA's friendship with Eby. The biggest gain for him at the end though was repairing a hopeless relationship with his father and although he didn't (seemingly) get Ebi, I think by bravely doing everything he could have done to profess his feelings, he has nothing to regret and has faithfully been true to his carefree nature. 

For Eby, although she didn't get much screen-time, she finally managed to lay her demons to rest and was freed from the one thing that really burdened her all these while. Given her nature, I don't think she really harboured any romantic notions to begin with and I could happily see her living a single life many years down the road whilst travelling the world and trying out everything she wanted to do. In fact, Ebi's arrival gave her the freedom to do so and thus I found her arc to be a pretty fulfilling one. 

Finally, for YA, his self-discovery may not seem obvious but I think him finally realising his love for Eby was one-sided allowed him to start his life afresh. All these while he had been swimming to impress Eby but as a result he seemed to early on to take his talent for granted, running out of competitions/training on more than one occasion over Eby. To me, him completing the race while injured was more impressive than any of his earlier wins since for once he did it for himself. It may not have been intended but I thought his father looked even prouder seeing this than when he was watching his earlier wins. As for his relationship with Ebi, I can get why he likes her since she was the one that trully recognised him for who he is. Sounds strange I know but while Eby and him obviously get on well, I always got the impression that Eby never really understood him as a person whereas it was Ebi that recognised that YA really loved swimming and was most himself when doing it. Ebi was also probably closer to the image that YA remembered Eby to be when they were kids and I think he needed to realise that apart from the appearance, it was this aspect that he loved most about Eby/Ebi.

Overall, I thought the use of a twins concept was quite a good idea since it raised two important questions about how true we are to ourselves in our everyday lives and also what is it we see in a person. In this case, Ebi when pretending to be Eby had to behave like a different person and raises the question of whether we ourselves are living as who we are or as who the world wants us to see. This dilemma was echoed in the stories for Teacher Kim, Min Joon, TK and to a lesser extent SY. How TK and YA fell for Ebi also showed that what made a person went far beyond just the appearance and tied in to the bullying cases throughout the show where the victims were generally picked on for appearing different.   

Sorry for the long post but to conclude, I felt the ending was a happy one in that everyone was able to come to face with their personal demons and find a way to overcome them rather than avoiding them. Again in line with the theme of being able to pick oneself up despite falling, I thought this was most the most important message since everyone in the end came away with a second chance to live their lives as they should rather than as they would have been expected to. Perhaps the show did not portray the problems faced by students in so direct a manner as say School 2013 did, but I think the intent was very much the same and the message no less relevant. As was said in the ending narration, being 18 was the best time to start living their dreams and I think all the characters were able to do just that at the end of the drama.   

After finished watching the drama, am I the only one who wished that Eun Byul and Tae Kwang gets a proper closure? At least do a proper one for Eun Byul, sending her abroad is like a half-baked decision made by the writers.

Heck, even Tae Kwang gets to reunite with his father at the end and he's happy about it. But for Eun Byul, we only get shown a postcard of her with some random Western kids in the pictures (lol). Way to push he wayyyy off aside, writer-nims.

Lastly, for this being a school drama, I don't really expect the love lines to be such a details like other romance drama. The ending is acceptable but not that great, slightly above 'Big' and '14 Days'.

p.s. : Props to KSH for being an awesome actress. Not many actresses can do a double-role in a drama that well (her and Yang Jin-Sung in my list). Looking forward to see her future projects!

I'd like to think actually that the whole premise of the story was to promote the idealism of youth, in that while being young one may stumble and make mistakes, but it was important to pick oneself up and get back on the right track. The loveline was therefore more a vehicle of self-discovery with who ending up with who being more the side-story and I think this was reflected in the open-ended nature of the finale. After all, they are all only 18 and regardless of who they choose now, who knows what the future will hold. 

More importantly is how the characters have grown throughout the course of the drama. EBi had the fortune of being thrust into Eby's position after her initial memory loss but after she remembered who she was, I don't think she ever felt comfortable trying to be her sister and it probably ate at her. Yes, she could've easily pulled a Eby and confronted SY more aggressively but I think that would go against her nature. It may seem like noble idiocy giving up but the drama has been consistent in its message about living true to oneself and the difference this time is that when Ebi had to leave school a second time, it was her choice and she was comfortable with her decision. Just before she attempted suicide, SY had made Ebi completely doubt in who she was and what she stood for but at the end she managed to regain all that and in essence 'reset' her life. 

As for TK, I liked him as a character and it's a shame he didn't get his first love but I think the more important aspect of his story was always his relationship with his father and him also having to deny who he was in front of everyone in school. It's true his background shares many similarities to Ebi but that could be what made him such a good confidante to her, and not necessarily in a romantic sense. In real life it does happen that a guy and a gal can be really close friends without being in a romantic relationship and this is mirrored in YA's friendship with Eby. The biggest gain for him at the end though was repairing a hopeless relationship with his father and although he didn't (seemingly) get Ebi, I think by bravely doing everything he could have done to profess his feelings, he has nothing to regret and has faithfully been true to his carefree nature. 

For Eby, although she didn't get much screen-time, she finally managed to lay her demons to rest and was freed from the one thing that really burdened her all these while. Given her nature, I don't think she really harboured any romantic notions to begin with and I could happily see her living a single life many years down the road whilst travelling the world and trying out everything she wanted to do. In fact, Ebi's arrival gave her the freedom to do so and thus I found her arc to be a pretty fulfilling one. 

Finally, for YA, his self-discovery may not seem obvious but I think him finally realising his love for Eby was one-sided allowed him to start his life afresh. All these while he had been swimming to impress Eby but as a result he seemed to early on to take his talent for granted, running out of competitions/training on more than one occasion over Eby. To me, him completing the race while injured was more impressive than any of his earlier wins since for once he did it for himself. It may not have been intended but I thought his father looked even prouder seeing this than when he was watching his earlier wins. As for his relationship with Ebi, I can get why he likes her since she was the one that trully recognised him for who he is. Sounds strange I know but while Eby and him obviously get on well, I always got the impression that Eby never really understood him as a person whereas it was Ebi that recognised that YA really loved swimming and was most himself when doing it. Ebi was also probably closer to the image that YA remembered Eby to be when they were kids and I think he needed to realise that apart from the appearance, it was this aspect that he loved most about Eby/Ebi.

Overall, I thought the use of a twins concept was quite a good idea since it raised two important questions about how true we are to ourselves in our everyday lives and also what is it we see in a person. In this case, Ebi when pretending to be Eby had to behave like a different person and raises the question of whether we ourselves are living as who we are or as who the world wants us to see. This dilemma was echoed in the stories for Teacher Kim, Min Joon, TK and to a lesser extent SY. How TK and YA fell for Ebi also showed that what made a person went far beyond just the appearance and tied in to the bullying cases throughout the show where the victims were generally picked on for appearing different.   

Sorry for the long post but to conclude, I felt the ending was a happy one in that everyone was able to come to face with their personal demons and find a way to overcome them rather than avoiding them. Again in line with the theme of being able to pick oneself up despite falling, I thought this was most the most important message since everyone in the end came away with a second chance to live their lives as they should rather than as they would have been expected to. Perhaps the show did not portray the problems faced by students in so direct a manner as say School 2013 did, but I think the intent was very much the same and the message no less relevant. As was said in the ending narration, being 18 was the best time to start living their dreams and I think all the characters were able to do just that at the end of the drama.   

your comment is so wise, make sense, and mature. thank you so much.... =D I enjoy this drama... =D

It was a "reset" she wanted in the song?  The whole time I thought she wanted a "recess".   Six months is a recess, it's not a reset and you don't find yourself in the six months of your 18th year.  

your comment is so wise, make sense, and mature. thank you so much.... =D I enjoy this drama... =D

Yes, I love your post so much. Thank you for this and looking at this objectively.

I had to hide from this thread for a while because I was happy with the ending as a YiBi shipper :P 

I am so happy too because YIBI is the end game and they r soo cute... I like their moment together, their eyes when look at each other is sooo beautiful =D

EB is lucky to get a warm hug from yiahn,. *fainting

lesson learned:

1. if someone rejects you, you should move on

2. if you like some one, confess to him/her, don't wait until 10 years, kwkwk

Guest sonexoleggo

Hey! To those fellow YiByul shipers out there, this is my FMV of a compilation of YiByul interactions in WAY 2015. Hope you guys enjoy this video! And hopefully, not too many of you have left this thread cos i notice a DROP in the number of comments since today morning :blink:

TAEBI SHIPPER HERE 

and I just find a silver lining :

TAEBI and TAEKWANG can be like Eunbyul and Yi an --> BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE ... 

p.s : it's pretty much like what happened to YA/Eby minus the fact that TK actually confessed while YA just waited and waited until he realized he love another girl...

for some reason, i think it's better ....  :wub:

Honestly, I'm very happy with the ending although I wish Yian could have more screen time in the last episode :) 

Anyway, which scene do you like most? except yibi and taebi moments. I find the scene when the class exchanged seat and when they played basketball most interesting :)  I nearly thought that I was in high school although I'm a 2nd year student. And after watching these scenes I was officialy on team Nam Joo Hyuk :D

Archived