[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

Guest ajumma-pants

@thunderman1

You can also go into journalism or English if you have not graduated from College. I see potential in you if you pursue what you want to do. I have been lurking and your writing is beyond as expected.  Who knows, maybe you'll be the next renown  Korean/Bilingual  Drama writer. :) 

:D Thanks for lurking, even if i got out smarted by my own 2nd theory in the end. I'll probably go back to lurking as well, WAY 2015 was too wearing on my mind/heart.:P I'm actually majoring in arts&design, so i'm sort of infatuated with patterns/concepts/images, it's my biggest vice and virtue!!!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already said my goodbyes last night but I guess I'll stick around for a while because the writers didn't give me enough time to heal and move on but just gave me that ending so suddenly. Sigh. Oh well, for TaeBi shippers who are looking for an alternative ending here you go! And a commentary about the ending as a whole...

That is what happened basically.  TK is just inserted in YA's place.  And she has no feelings for YA.  

And nah, that doesn't work without her showing feelings for TK before.  So it wasn't really THAT easy.   

I realize that's for TaeBi shippers so I prob shouldn't comment, but the writer should have had Eun Bi waver before (I mean really, why the long triangle if she's not going to waver), but she never did. 

And your review... YA is bad for wrist grabbing, but TK is protecting her by wrist grabbing. lol.  No, they were both being immature idiots. That's why she left them. 

why does everyone assume eunbi end up with yi an? 

it is an open ending right?

(i watch it RAW so i dont really understand most of the scene)

Watching it raw you can tell that she ended up with YA. She went to support him at his swim meet and also at the bus she was playing around with him and showed him the medal he gave to her just as before. I'll have to rewatch it again when I get home but I feel that KSY also redeemed herself just like any other teen drama out there.. The evil one always regrets what they have done no matter how much the other party was hurt.

I'm actually curious about that medal. I know he gave one to her but I didn't know there's another one.

I actually like that bus scene. Just innocent and pure of sweetness. Though I don't know what they're saying. But just from the scene I know she's with Yi An.

They are showing signs before as well. It's just that we're too focused on shipping Eun Bi with Tae Kwang (yes my ship has sunk deep into the endless pit of the ocean).

But still glad to discover these talent. School introduced me to these young actors.

About it being worst than BIG, I totally disagree about it. That one made me happy and excited about the ending but end up disappointed.

I already said my goodbyes last night but I guess I'll stick around for a while because the writers didn't give me enough time to heal and move on but just gave me that ending so suddenly. Sigh. Oh well, for TaeBi shippers who are looking for an alternative ending here you go! And a commentary about the ending as a whole...

That is what happened basically.  TK is just inserted in YA's place.  And she has no feelings for YA.  

And nah, that doesn't work without her showing feelings for TK before.  So it wasn't really THAT easy.   

I realize that's for TaeBi shippers so I prob shouldn't comment, but the writer should have had Eun Bi waver before (I mean really, why the long triangle if she's not going to waver), but she never did. 

And your review... YA is bad for wrist grabbing, but TK is protecting her by wrist grabbing. lol.  No, they were both being immature idiots. That's why she left them. 

Just found the links on tumblr, they're not mine... Well as for me, one of my main peeve of the drama is how the show kept making TaeBi shippers like me feel like they can be together in the end. I think why a lot of TaeBi shippers are spitting mad is because there was no time for healing like it just ended that way and we're all left to pick up the broken pieces. And as you said, they should've resolved the triangle way before and focused on a LOT of other important things then maybe there will be less people who feel disappointed with the execution of the series.

Awwwww our TG misses his teacher's lullaby.

Teacher: Why are you here? Did you miss my lesson?

TG: I did. Although I didn't realise it. Your voice sounds better than (the name of the anchor, I supposed), I had such a good sleep just now too.

Awwwww our TG misses his teacher's lullaby.

Teacher: Why are you here? Did you miss my lesson?

TG: I did. Although I didn't realise it. Your voice sounds better than (the name of the anchor, I supposed), I had such a good sleep just now too.

told u, these two are so deep in love .......lolllllllll, cute and sweet relationship.

bye school 2015, now try to watch high society, hope it worth watching.

thanks all , i have so much fun reading all ur comments and ur opinions....and streaming also very much fun with gongbyul translated to us. will miss this moment ....miss eunbi, yian, taekwang, miss u all....

Guest norakim

What I don't get is that they hired a veteran main role leading actor to play the substitute in just one episode? 

Just found the links on tumblr, they're not mine... Well as for me, one of my main peeve of the drama is how the show kept making TaeBi shippers like me feel like they can be together in the end. I think why a lot of TaeBi shippers are spitting mad is because there was no time for healing like it just ended that way and we're all left to pick up the broken pieces. And as you said, they should've resolved the triangle way before and focused on a LOT of other important things then maybe there will be less people who feel disappointed with the execution of the series.

Well TK didn't lose much.. he gained love for his father in the end. Also found some friendship along the way. 

Everyone got a piece of something in the end--whether it may be prison time etc, they were able to find something they lost and then found themself again. The title of this drama pretty much summed it up everything.  

While a lot of netizens seem to hate the ending, I thought it was a nice, tidy way to clean up the mess Kang So Young made. Apologizing won't reset time, only time can heal the pain. This is what TK learned, YA (although his shoulder seemed like it was doing fine after 6 miraculous months), Eun Bi also found herself--School 2015, and her sister also pursued her dreams.. What more can one ask? I, an ahjumma, loved every bit of this drama. There were flaws but they weren't major. :) 

I'm satisfied with how the series ended. The writers stuck to their guns and didn't let rabid fans dictate the story.

Since the beginning I never got any romantic inclinations from EByul towards YA or anyone else, her main focus on the show was her own inner turmoil regarding the bullying situation with SooIn. Which I'm sure is why it was mainly EByul and not EBi who dealt with KSY in the end, it was a means of redeeming herself for not having acted on her feelings when she saw SooIn getting bullied.

It's a shame that KSY still could not see the error of her ways or bring herself to even apologize, and I can't say I feel sorry for her, even with her crap home life. There are just some characters you can't feel empathy for. Props to the actress though, she played her role well.

I'm glad the actual bullying scenes were kept to a minimum, since I find those difficult to watch. That first episode and seeing how EBi was being treated was hard to get through, and that alone was almost enough to make me give up watching the show. I've seen other high school kdramas that focus more heavily on the bullying, and they're so bogged down by all these horrible scenes of torture and very rarely resolved in the end. 

Of course I'm happy for Yibi being endgame. It would've been nice to see more cute moments, but that's just my greed talking. In the end I was mainly watching for them, since the whole mystery surrounding SooIn and EByul fell rather flat. 

@Jo Park, A lot of actors just like to make small cameo roles in series. Often they've previously worked with the directors/writers and do them a favor. In this case, one of the directors of WAY was also a director of Secret Love, which Bae Soo Bin was in. I don't actually know if that's why he chose to appear, but it's probably a good assumption.

Ahh I finished watching this drama.. and I love the ending. Everyone got good closure. And I still can say Han Yi An is my favorite character. Eventhough the writers and PD didn't treat his character as proper as they should do. Yi An maybe got overshadowed by Tae Kwang character. But for me, he still has best scenes that take place in my heart. Two of my most favorite scenes ( the scenes that really made me holding my breath) are first, when he left his important match and got accident for Eun Bi, and second, in final ep when he continued swimming with one arm to finish his match. 

And I love how the writers gave closure for Eun Bi's complicated feeling. All this time, she couldn't accept the love from family, friends, and also Yi An comfortably coz she lived by her sister's name. So I like how the writers made her to find herself and gain confident again by her own name.

For YiBi moments, I love their interaction and chemistry. I love their scenes. Actually there is only one main reason I love them being together. Because they like each other and they make me believe in that. 

Yeah it's not perfect drama without flaw. The things that I also feel disappointed about this drama are Soo In case and how they dragging the love triangle scenes too much forsake ratings, so other important scenes had lack development. 

But overall I'm satisfied enough. Thank you for the journey these 2 months. 

Guest csmwifey

Talking about people don't understand why Eunbi didn't choose Taekwang.

In episode seven, she said to Taekwang who was photosyntesis himself in rooftop, "I have someone I want to tell my secret, and someone I don't want to tell my secret. If both of them are the same person, what should I do?" It refers to Ian. And... isn't that already a hint that she likes him? She even asks him for a date, and even told him, "I can't go to you, so can you come to me?" a silent confession, I mean. Don't blame Eunbi for not liking Taekwang. Taekwang being around her doesn't mean she chooses him, just like that. In any way, I find her being kind to Taekwang is like repaying what Taekwang did to him. And... just like Eunbyul, no matter how hard she thinks of Taekwang, her heart choose Ian. And that's not wrong, so, please, stop.

The worst thing about this drama are the writers are too focused to develop Sooin's case, that caused Jaeho (Taekwang's father) included, and then, it means Taekwang is included too. That's why it looks like the story walking around Taekwang and Eunbi (since Eunbi still being Eunbyul at that time). If we want some character development, they need to make Ian knows about the story. In that way, we can understan why Ian being like that, why Ian falls for Eunbi. In that way, we can make things possible. But the writers focused on Taekwang being a black-knight and Ian being such a jerk, but in his heart he chooses Eunbi. What I don't understand, why he said "I am angry not because I am mad towards Eunbi, it because I like her." ... Not make any sense, for me. But well, I get what he said. The writers don't focus on Eunbi stands up for herself. It looks like they want to deliver the message that, 'Even if you're hurt, remember, your friends will stand up for you.' And they don't focus on Soyoung's ending, I mean what happened to her after her meeting with Eunbi that looks like she wants to apologize but she doesn't?

Ian, too, at episode four, seems find something lacking with 'Eunbyul' that time, in my opinion. That's why I am thinking why the writer don't make sense on that scene, so it looks like Ian was the one that recgonize she's not Eunbyul, rather than making him mad like that. I think its more possible, and viewers will agree with Ian-Eunbi. People are mad because Taekwang clings to Eunbi, that they want Eunbi realizes his feeling, but Eunbi did! It just she can't give her feelings just like Taekwang gave her. Just like how Ian clings to Eunbyul, but Eunbyul doesn't give her feelings back. But, one hint that refers for Ian's feeling for Eunbi is that teddy bear. It means... he already know, right?

But, how he ends his ten years one sided love, is right. It's not fake, it's developing. I learn that from this drama, that no matter how hard you tried, if your crush didn't give you credit on what you did, then it's a no. You need to move on. And just like how Taekwang did, its okay if you're hurting while letting your one-sided love go. Its part of human nature.

Overall, I like the ending. Not because I am on Ian-Eunbi's boat, it just I find this right on the place. Even when Ian rejects her, Eunbi still find him and nag him, if it was Eunbyul, she probably don't care because it doesn't matter for her. Just like what she said, she just realized she needs to love her friends after Sooin's case. And, Ian, too, I know he's late, but one thing for sure, he's that kind of man, who will go for his goal no matter how late he is, lol. Taekwang, too, he got his best happiness. His dad.

I know, no matter how hard I am trying to explain, people mind will not be same as mine. But, well. I am just trying! ^^

Guest cyanaepurple

I feel sorry for Nam Joo Hyuk as well.  I loved his character in Surplus Princess but I seriously somewhat hated his character (character only) in School 2015 for having a change of heart. Not to mention that he had Lee Eun Bi at the end. :(

On the other hand, Yook Sungjae gained much love in this drama. The writers made his character to be more lovable than Nam Joo Hyuk 's. 

Anyway,  it was a good drama.  

As a Taekwang fan, I wanted him to get over Eunbi and move on after the first rejection. Honestly, I was seriously getting tired of Eunbi's character with all her crying. But since, Taekwang liked her sooo much, I couldn't help but support the Taebi ship. Since they have only known each other for a short time, Taekwang moving on would not have been that hard. But noo..god damn writers kept making Taekwang getting rejected and pissing the hell out of me. They kept stringing the viewers with this stupid richard simmons love triangle/square whatever the hell it is for almost the entire f*cking drama. The only reason I finished this drama was because of Taekwang and Eunbyul. I am just sad to see Taekwang sad and being treated like a side dish after everything he has done for Eunbi. The writer made him so freaking pitiful also...like seriously??? They make him get rejected AGAIN at the last episode? WTF writers? If the writers wanted YA-EBi pair, they should have not have shown the TK-Ebi pair so much on screen, but rather have spent the time building YA-Ebi after her identity was revealed. I mean one moment YA is man-handling Ebi and throwing water bottle at her and then he, with no indication from the writer as to HOW aside from YA thinking and rubbing his gold medal, he falls for Ebi. Seriously, WTF? Had the writers spent more time developing love relationship between YA-Ebi, then, maybe the majority of viewers would not have been on the wrong ship than the one that the writers were trying push for at the end. Messy writing at its best. 

What I don't get is that they hired a veteran main role leading actor to play the substitute in just one episode? 

I was thinking the same thing!  This became a really popular show and I think it took the producers by surprise how big it got. Maybe he wanted to do it - because he knows the producers and directors and if he wasn't busy it would be fun to do the cameo and have all that exposure.  :huh:  I never had such cute teachers!:)

Serious note.  I thought the ending when Eun Bi tells Kang So Young, "be happy when you feel sorry and want to apologize, that I am alive and well. Feel good about that. " But of course Eun Byul is the one who should have told her that, at least her sister is alive. Eun Byul is the one who never got to tell her friend she was sorry when she was alive. (although her sin was not as great as Kang So Young). 

This was really important message. You hear these terrible stories of kids being bullied and shamed until they kill themselves. I hope it was effective. My thought is that many many young people got to watch this show because of the romance and cute people, so they will hear this message. On the other hand all the cute people and romance took away from the hurt and sting of the damage bullying does.  So it was trade off  but still does good.

As a Taekwang fan, I wanted him to get over Eunbi and move on after the first rejection. Honestly, I was seriously getting tired of Eunbi's character with all her crying. But since, Taekwang liked her sooo much, I couldn't help but support the Taebi ship. Since they have only known each other for a short time, Taekwang moving on would not have been that hard. But noo..god damn writers kept making Taekwang getting rejected and pissing the hell out of me. They kept stringing the viewers with this stupid richard simmons love triangle/square whatever the hell it is for almost the entire f*cking drama. The only reason I finished this drama was because of Taekwang and Eunbyul. I am just sad to see Taekwang sad and being treated like a side dish after everything he has done for Eunbi. The writer made him so freaking pitiful also...like seriously??? They make him get rejected AGAIN at the last episode? WTF writers? If the writers wanted YA-EBi pair, they should have not have shown the TK-Ebi pair so much on screen, but rather have spent the time building YA-Ebi after her identity was revealed. I mean one moment YA is man-handling Ebi and throwing water bottle at her and then he, with no indication from the writer as to HOW aside from YA thinking and rubbing his gold medal, he falls for Ebi. Seriously, WTF? Had the writers spent more time developing love relationship between YA-Ebi, then, maybe the majority of viewers would not have been on the wrong ship than the one that the writers were trying push for at the end. Messy writing at its best. 

I am happy that TK reconciled with his father at the end because of course, family is most important and also his bromance with Teacher Kim. I just really, reaaaally hate the fact that they dragged the lovelines and kept breaking his heart even until the last freaking episode for ratings' sake. As a viewer rooting for TK, I honestly feel duped, giving us those TaeBi scenes only to break TK's heart over and over and over again. Anyway, it's all over and we can only move forward from this nightmare of writing. Some parts of the show were good, but mostly were not and i'm not even talking about the shipping here.

Guest delollipoop

Just finished watching the last episode ;;v;; 

I've been crying so much for the past two days: when their homeroom teacher left, and the class left sticky notes all over his car :tears: I hope he goes back to teach them before they graduate; when Taekwang visited his father (and when his father came back); and when Taekwang came clean with his feelings with Eunbi at the park TT______TT (Although Taekwang and Eunbi didn't work out as I wished in the drama, they'll live forever in my mind TTvTT <3) (I must say though, the ending is adorable :') Made it easier for my shipper heart.) 

As much as I despise So Young for bullying Eunbi and causing traumatic experiences, I felt really, really sorry for her in the end, especially when her father came in and screamed at her "If you do something like this again, I don't care if you're my daughter..." Also, I believe it must have made a great impact when Eunbi told her "I'm alive and well." Hopefully this message will be sent across not only to So Young but also bullies in real life... I hope viewers are focused on the other issues (bullying and its repercussions, the importance of a good relationship (aka with communication) between parents and children, the possibility of getting back on your feet when all seems impossible, etc.) raised in this drama too, not just the love-line. 

Last but not least: Congratulations and thank yous to the staff, actors and actresses! Filming a live drama must have been hard ;o; & Thank you to everyone on the forum for sharing your opinions, pictures and videos, I really enjoyed reading everything! & Thank you for sharing this period of time with me, really going to miss it ;v; 

Last night when I had read the K-netizens comment, you could say it was the first time I was on the K-netizens side. But waking up this morning with a clearer head (and a whole lotta crying), I've come to a different conclusion. I've realized that all this time I wasn't shipping TaeBi. Not really. I was just supporting Tae Kwang's love for Eun Bi. I was only on Tae Kwang's side and that the only reason I've wanted TaeBi to be endgame was because I wanted to see Tae Kwang happy. 

Just think about it rationally for a second here; would you really want our Tae Kwang to end up with someone who needed time to think before choosing him. No, he deserves someone who wouldn't have to give a second thought about wanting to be with him. Eun Bi really never liked Tae Kwang like that. It's true. (And as a TaeBi shipper, you should realize how hard it is for me to say this) Now, we could argue about the evident chemistry they had during their scenes but that was probably because both Kim So Hyun and Yook Sungjae rocked at portraying their characters. Yes, the writers played with our heartstrings but they are getting their own bashing from K-netizens about it. And if we should know one thing about these kneitzens, it's not to mess with them.

I hope what I'm trying to say is coming across clearly to other TaeBi shippers because I really think Tae Kwang deserves better. So, I'm kinda glad she didn't end up with him. Tae Kwang can have his own epic love story with someone who'd actually treasure him.

But what I still don't get is that they left the dynamics of TaeBi's friendship open ended. We know for sure that Tae Kwang still likes Eun Bi, just like he always did but how is he gonna stay friends with her if he never thinks of her as a friend. Are you telling me Yi An would be okay with Tae Kwang hanging out with her. Now, many would say Yi An would trust Eun Bi but there would still be a certain kind of power struggle, right?

Also, the drama was open ended. Just because we know who Eun Bi chose doesn't mean other issues were solved.

We don't know what happens to Kang So Young. She has anorexia nervosa?! Somehow Min-Joon is into music now when a few episodes back he wanted to try sports. The six months leap didn't show us how his change of heart took place. It didn't show us how Shi Jin got into whatever she got into. What happens to teacher Kim Joon Seok and Soo In's sister? I have no idea what the message was behind the new teacher. He gave me such negative vibes it was like Kang So Young 2.0. What is Tae Kwang's dad going to do now? The school won't let him back in, right? Also, the whole Han Yi An shoulder thing? I don't get what the writers tried to show? When it starts hurting in the middle of the meet it was clear sign he shouldn't have continued with the meet. He wasn't ready in the first place. Does he want to hurt his other arm too? They were trying to tell us to "never give up"...but is that one meet more important than his entire career?

Mostly, I wanted more Eun Byul. Goes to study abroad and a few snaps of her there. That's all? I wish we would have had one scene of both of them walking together, arm-in-arm. 

Archived