[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 minutes ago, utkim said:

As much as i love Dots, i really don't want a season 2 for this great drama

dc

count me in.. call me paranoid, but usually if 1st season is a huge hit it's quite hard for the following season to keep the same vibe. 

one season enough for me, i want to keep this drama EXCLUSIVE in my mind :wub:

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

me too...... lets meet SJK and SHK again in another different drama and different pairing..

same, let DOTS end beautifully, season 2 just destroy this beautiful drama, but if there's a special movie i support for it XD ahahahahha

• Like 13

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

i think.. it's because every one crazy about songsong couple right now :D, songsong virus infect every one. Today literally is songsong couple day, BTS & pers-conf.. so envy to them who can watch the live streaming. 

just open this thread again and found a BTS?? why oh why.. why kbs so stingy about this drama BTS? 

I think this BTS video (the one that is shown here) is the first from KBS site., isn't it? Hopefully, they will upload more of it for us to see.  Or maybe they are going to save it for the "special program"? Is it possible to have the Eng sub.. :D

• Like 7

Agreed with all of you who would prefer to have DotS as a standalone. To be honest, I feel that what's coming our way for the next episodes (if we take the 'each episode will feel like the last one' statement) will basically be like a series of finales. Episode 12 already sort of gave a very decent closure to the Uruk arc and I suspect that now they're back in Seoul, in a way we'll see their struggle to adapt to the 'normal' life, which will include for Shi-jin and Mo-yeon putting into practice the agreement they reached while in Uruk, and for Dae-young and Myeong-joo, having to deal with the issue of their differences in terms of rank AND Dae-young's promise to Daddy Yoon. So, all in all, I'd be just happy if we could get all two OTPs to a point where there can be a happy-ever-after that we can all dream or write about after the drama concludes, in the spectacular fashion it's got us used to. 

And yes, hey, who knows? Hye-kyo and Joong-ki might decide to repeat the experience and star in another drama together...maybe this time with Yoo Ah-in as male co-lead...*delulu status quickly escalating here...*

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

I think this BTS video (the one that is shown here) is the first from KBS site., isn't it? Hopefully, they will upload more of it for us to see.  Or maybe they are going to save it for the "special program"? Is it possible to have the Eng sub.. :D

so the other one  is not from KBS site? i remember the one that they laughing when MY touch the arab president stomach (bts ep 3, i'm sorry i don't have the link and i don't know it's official or not) and i'm totally forget about the special program, think about it i guess that's why kbs so stingy to us.

since this is DOTS with million viewers i believe we will have the eng sub, if not the usual subtitle, at least some lovely people here will able give us translation finger cross :P

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, booho said:

same, let DOTS end beautifully, season 2 just destroy this beautiful drama, but if there's a special movie i support for it XD ahahahahha

I'm with you, if we get the fairytale ending then that should be it....no season 2.

i rather they collaborate again and do something different as it would be hard to have the same impact and standard of the original.

I rather have this a constant memory of how great it was than have sequel which ruins the characters.

Full House was a big hit and they made a sequel which sucked badly..

• Like 12

‘Descendants of the Sun’ Stars on Asian Tour to Promote Drama

Descendants of the Sun Hong Kong Press Conference

Descendants of the Sun Hong Kong Press Conference (Photo : KBS World)

The lead stars of “Descendants of the Sun” arrived in Hong Kong on Monday to promote the 16-episode Korean drama about to end of April 14. Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo attended a press conference on Tuesday.

It is the first overseas press event for the blockbuster romance aired every Wednesday and Thursday over KBS 2TV in South Korea and video platform iQiyi in China. After Hong Kong, the two would continue with the Asian fan meeting tours.

The next one is on April 17 at the Kyung Hee University in Seoul. Song Joong-ki will then meet Thai fans on May 7 at the Thunder Dome in Bangkok, said Blossom Entertainment, the agency which handles the actor, reported Yonhap.

“Descendants of the Sun” is also viewed free on streaming site viu.com and Viu app in Hong Kong and Singapore. It is the most-watched show on the Viu online service and logged a 60 percent viewership in March, beating the 40.9 percent established in Seoul for the cliffhanger ending of Episode 11.

Song Joong-ki attributed the unexpected popularity of the show to its various elements. “You can see different kinds of scenes in the drama, there’s disaster, action. There’s also a good love story. There’s variety,” quoted the Straits Times.

He added that wearing a soldier’s uniform is very natural to him since he completed the two-year compulsory military service in 2015.

Song Hye-kyo revealed that he caused several no-good (NG) takes during the filming of the show which took six months to complete. “Even though the drama is about a serious love story, the characters have their lighthearted moments and comical scenes. I remember Song Joong-ki laughs a lot, so there were a lot of NGs due to his laughing. But every time that happens he feels sorry towards the staff,” she said.

• Like 17

My heart just skipped it's beat when i saw our otp photos in kyo's instagram. They just looked so cute and happy and PEEERRFEECT!!! 

Why dont they just date each other already?!?! I shud go to the shipper thread asap i guess lol i shipped them sooo bad!

anw thank you for sharing all the HK prescon photos guys! Will wait fot the engsub patiently :wub: it's definitely a good day!

(...but kinda scared for tomorrow's new episode as the new ost seem kinda sad :()

• Like 20

24 hours more to go but i havent rewatch the last 2 episodes for the 3rd or 4th times. Where goes my free time? I'll make sure i'll be free for live streaming! 

- Internet data - checked!

- Laptop - checked!

- Internet connection - checked!

- Free time - hmmm ....

..:sweatingbullets:..hopefully everything is wonderful when i get back tomorrow!

• Like 20