Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Good evening sweeties! :dorakiss:

Time to backread.

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

And watch dramas.

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The bodyguards and their umbrellas... 

Chingu, you will soon be @agenth chingu's new best friend. She loves that drama. Mostly because of oppa. :loveu:

7 hours ago, rocat said:

I didn’t know Park Seo Jun could sing. This is the stuff of oppas. 

He sings well - didn't know he had talent in this area as well. Many of our oppas are good singers. For example:

1) Ji Chang Wook oppa

2) Ex EO oppa (Choi Jin Hyuk)

3) EO oppa (Ji Sung)

etc.

Nice vocals by Ji Sung oppa :wub:

EDIT: Started on ep 3 of wacky Japanese dorama Crazy Family. In the last episode, the mom of the family drugged the swindler tutor. Let's find out why.

@joccu @Sleepy Owl Cannot really stress enough how fun this show is. Each episode is only 22 mins and there will be 4 episodes in total. Do try it out!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

@larus Ready to start with Jimin?

AVvXsEjjFnZ-XqJA7zjeoKF9nKpe8AfdOt686-nJ

B85z2T.gif

Btw, did anyone check out the Baeksang red carpet dresses?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583403wpp/stars-stun-on-red-carpet-at-59th-baeksang-arts-awards

Neither @agenth nor I found them super inspiring :grimace:

K-netz loved them though.

https://www.pannchoa.com/2023/04/theqoo-baeksang-red-carpet-dump.html

:idk:

• LOL 2

@joccu Morning workout for you as well? 
Fitness Workout GIF by Rabbids

@the_sweetroad You are lucky with a hubby who helps out. Am sure that Jang Nara’s character in Family would be jealous. Her hubby is a bum. :D 

Morning everyone! :dorakiss: 
Are many of you celebrating first of May  / Labor Day somehow? Do you have a day off?

@Thong Thin @Wuzetian You have so many public holidays, that I am assuming you are off on Monday?

@sadthe1st @rocat what about you?

Am assuming most European chingus will have a long weekend.

Poor @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, no extra day off for you. Here, have a taco instead. :kiss_wink:

Food Tacos GIF

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

You are lucky with a hubby who helps out. Am sure that Jang Nara’s character in Family would be jealous. Her hubby is a bum. :D 

:lol: From what I’ve seen, Jang Hyuk’s not even trying. 

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Am assuming most European chingus will have a long weekend.

Yes, it’s a nice break. Are you home or traveling? Hope you’re home to enjoy the holiday. :wub:

Happy Saturday everyone! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:

what about you?

Yep! We get the Monday off. 

But laden with a load of paperwork 

cat feline GIF

I am planning to watch dramas though! Caught ep 1 of Dr Romantic 3 on something with Chinese subtitles cos I don’t have D+.
Gawd, it was painful to read subtitles riddled with jargon that fast…

:crazymad:

what are you guys up to for the long weekend?

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Are you home or traveling?

At home - shopping :sweats:Did you already watch ep1 of Family? What did you think?

32 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

The FL's in dramas have the most...hmm... interesting dreams.  :D

The kissing though.... :blink: Not sure about the technique.... :blink:

33 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

one of the tips that are useful for every girl...:D

That was funny :loolz:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, hope you are well. :dorakiss:

I have an aviation question for you.

I was pretty shocked to see a reel on IG from flight FZ756 (Kathmandu-Dubai) where an engine malfunctioned after takeoff and spewed fire out of it. See here:

The thing that caught my eye? It continued to fly for 5 hours until it reached its destination. They said they continued because the "engine was within normal operation parameters".

Uhm, is this safe or even normal procedure?

EDIT: Here is what I saw on IG yesterday:

Imagine these folks sitting 5 hours in a plane with an engine acting like this. Must have been very distressing mentally for them.

Have been avoiding this airline up until now due to its less than stellar safety record - this incident will definitely not help change my stance.

• Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

The thing that caught my eye? It continued to fly for 5 hours until it reached its destination. They said they continued because the "engine was within normal operation parameters".

Uhm, is this safe or even normal procedure?

Thats a compressor stall -

They can happen for a variety of reasons - if the stall is a single event, the engine can recover and continue in operation - this however seems to be continuous probably due to internal damage from the bird strike that was mentioned. 

While I don't know FlyDubai's procedures, if it had happened once or twice and flown on, that could be considered normal. To fly on for 5 hours ... like that ... definitely NOT normal, and dangerous

JMHO

+2

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

To fly on for 5 hours ... like that ... definitely NOT normal, and dangerous

YES, exactly my suspicion ! Was like WTH when I saw the video.

I checked the flight route for that actual flight:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fz576#3005ec7d

Even if it had been difficult to land in Kathmandu (not sure why it would have been, but I am trying to keep an open mind here - maybe due to weather/mountains/etc), there were plenty of other airports en-route that it could have landed in. Lucknow was 30 mins away, Delhi 60 mins away....

It was a 737-800, so it wouldn't have had to go into a holding pattern to burn off fuel?

Even if they thought it was safe for the plane, they should have thought about the poor passengers for whom this would have been most probably a pretty harrowing and scary experience. Surely many of them would feel pretty traumatized.

In any case, they are still trying to figure out if it was a birdstrike or not.

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, was assuming that it was the compressor that was out - what were the biggest dangers/risks with the crew's decision to continue flying for so long?

@agenth was shocked too to see the video.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, was assuming that it was the compressor that was out - what were the biggest dangers/risks with the crew's decision to continue flying for so long?

Flying for the pilots would've become decidedly un-fun.  Every time the engine coughed, the planes nose would pull in the direction of the damaged engine.  Again, while the engine can recover from a single event, having a near continuous compressor stall for HOURS risks compounding the internal damage to the engine, and leading to its eventual complete failure.

737's can fly on 1 engine - Once the pilots knew the stalling was recurring, I don't know why they just didn't shut the engine down and divert.

+2

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, thank you so much for explaining this to me. :heartxoxo:

I always thought that the pilots would shut the engine down if a compressor stall occurred - which would then (depending on the total amount of engines) require a diversion. 

Was super surprised about this incident.

Am gonna watch Mentour’s video on compressor stalls before I go to bed.

Fortunately these things don’t happen too often. Last engine incident I experienced was when we had a bleed loss in one of the engines. Fortunately we didn’t have to divert but we had to descend to 30 000 ft and maintain that FL for the remainder of the flight. 

Some weeks ago I experienced one weird type of issue on one of my flights. Airplane kept rolling from side to side when we reached cruising altitude, and at some point we experienced g force to the point that many were nauseated. Did speak to the pilot afterwards and asked if we had experienced wake turbulence or if there was something wrong with the plane, but he denied it. Was a weird flight.
:idk:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1