Add and Subtract Game

Admin

5 minutes ago, /\mirmz/\ said:

oh well i thought it was kinda funny

also curving your back is pretty bad and painful or at least it can become painful if you do it enough :(

yea, it can be very painful. in my old workplace, there was two people who pulled their back because of bad posture. they always curved their back which led to pressure on their spine.. they had to go for physio....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

@partyon did you watch Good Casting yet ? I just caught up with eps 9 ( still have 3 more to go to be up to speed)...

I did and I even commented on the Good Casting thread. :DIt's so unclear who Michael is, but the plot is becoming quite interesting from a thriller perspective.... I would recommend you to continue (using the FF button if needed), because things are now moving along. :)

Seems everyone is super confused who Michael is and it seems everyone is being suspected of being Michael, even Min Seok (Ye Eun's late boyfriend). :D

@triplem Are we starting the HP re-watch next week's Thu? :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

I think IMO can be taken literally but IMHO hmmmm :mrgreen:.

watching too many kdramas means when I see 'imo' - I read it as the korean word for aunt. LOL. :lol:

half of these shorthand expressions, I don't know them either @Sushimi

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Just now, partyon said:

I did and I even commented on the Good Casting thread. :DIt's so unclear who is Michael, but the plot is becoming quite interesting from a thriller perspective.... I would recommend you to continue (using the FF button if needed), because things are now moving along. :)

Seems everyone is super confused who Michael is and it seems everyone is being suspected of being Michael, even Min Seok (Ye Eun's late boyfriend). :D

@triplem Are we starting the HP re-watch next week's Thu? :)

I plan to continue GC for sure. I am fine with it's pace. Just that I have been busy. I am at the part where Ye Eun is supposedly being a mole ( at this point I think it is because whoever who came to see her daughter must have threatened her) . Also think that CEO being Michael is just a red herring. ...funny thing is I buy Ye Eun's romance with Mr I wanna slap his face diva  more than I do with Chan Mi and CEO.  How come I wonder?

Yes , the plan is to start off this Thursday ! Correct @wallflowersforjane ? 

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

funny thing is I buy Ye Eun's romance with Mr I wanna slap his face diva  more than I do with Chan Mi and CEO.  How come I wonder?

Same here. For some reason I ain't feeling the romance between Chan Mi and Seok Ho... I don't know if it's a lack of chemistry between the actors or what?

Sad thing is that there has been very little interaction between Ye Eun and Mr. Diva (Kang Woo Won) the last episodes. :( I want them to find happiness together (even though he is a tsundere guy - the type that @Lawyerh likes ;) ).

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Be warned, next time I will use “Btw Imho Ikr he is handsome lmao.”

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

watching too many kdramas means when I see 'imo' - I read it as the korean word for aunt. LOL. :lol:

half of these shorthand expressions, I don't know them either @Sushimi

Yes, these days people use so many shortforms that sometimes it feels like an alien language!. It is worse in Malaysia/ Singapore - on top of short forms , there's also the butchering of the language with our local slang 

e.g: IMHO hor, diz blardy gomen  has no clue WTH they r doing liao.

Spoiler

In my ( not so ) humble opinion right, this bloody government has no clue what the hell they are doing anymore

"hor" and "liao"  = adapted from chinese dialects 

@partyon @Lawyerh anyway , the romance on GC is not supposed to be front and centre....but it is true that Lee Sang Yeob gives me reason to continue.

Actually on JI , @Lawyerh - I had difficulty watching because I have SLS ... Go Kyung Po - I love that guy...don't ask me why . He's got a new drama coming up. I hope the actress is good. Hv not seen her before

@Sushimi I think you'll need to translate :lol:for @Lmangla.  Yes . it is English ( Manglish, Singlish) . My bro in law is Brit...he had such a hard time understanding us initially

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes , the plan is to start off this Thursday ! Correct @wallflowersforjane ? 

Yup! Excited to do it all over again. Going to take a break and cleanse myself of HP content for the next few days. Let's see if I will really keep to my words. Lol.

8 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@triplem TBH why not you start talking like dat loh. Since you stated liao,might as well talk like that loh. Sorry, type like dat loh. Accept lah, very nice one. Who knows you will like it leh. @Lawyerh i think already adapted liao loh. Hoh lawyer? To this wonderful de lang. Very special de one. 

+2

Wah not bad sia, @Sushimi. But hor, we haven't even put in Chinese, dialect slang leh. That one will really confuse people liao.

My problem nowadays though is keeping up with the slang that my interns use. Like I only recently learned what it means when they say "F". Lol! Urban Dictionary is my best friend whenever they say something strange to me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Wah not bad sia, @Sushimi. But hor, we haven't even put in Chinese, dialect slang leh. That one will really confuse people liao.

My problem nowadays though is keeping up with the slang that my interns use. Like I only recently learned what it means when they say "F". Lol!

Oh god I am laughing so hard here....especially sia.. a lot of my SG friends will use. Actually what does it even mean?

2 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Let's not get you started on walao:joy: @wallflowersforjane if you know what i mean haha

I almost included that earlier. Very appropriate for this thread though. Hahahah!

@triplem Actually I don't really know. I think it's a super extra emphasis? We also say Sia La! Which is like OMG.

Malaysia don't use sia? Thats interesting! Haha! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Question: is the slang in Malaysia and Singapore similar? I've been to both countries multiple times - most people seem to speak in a way I can comprehend. :D Especially older people. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Heard GKP was good in Cross. Have you watched? @triplem

Yes. He was fab...I watch it as an ongoing. Only me and 2 or 3 other ppl on the thread :mrgreen:

@Sushimi eh..damn good ler your translation. 

4 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Nah. Singaporean have thier own slang lang called Singlish. I would reckon malaysia have their own slang?

Are you from Singapore?

I do have sometimes difficulties understanding some of the youngsters in Singapore. I guess it explains it if they're speaking slang to me. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

Question: is the slang in Malaysia and Singapore similar? I've been to both countries multiple times - most people seem to speak in a way I can comprehend. :D Especially older people. :D

yes ....but  Malaysian food is better.... :tounge_wink: hahahahaha.. many SG folks here , and Msians and Sporeans love dissing each other...yeah we're pretty similar . But I have to say Singapore is more advance than us here in Malaysia. Their command of English is also better on average.  

@Lawyerh what to do? I love all these underrated dramas.  HP is one of the rare ones where the thread is so active.

@Sushimi Yeah it is called Manglish for us. But I think the slangs overlap 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

My problem nowadays though is keeping up with the slang that my interns use. Like I only recently learned what it means when they say "F". Lol! Urban Dictionary is my best friend whenever they say something strange to me.

am afraid to ask but will ask anyway... so this is not referring to a grade report?

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

yes ....but  Malaysian food is better.... :tounge_wink: hahahahaha.. many SG folks here , and Msians and Sporeans love dissing each other...yeah we're pretty similar . But I have to say Singapore is more advance then us here in Malaysia. Their command of English is also better on average.  

lololol :joy:

Last time I was in KL, my Malaysian friend took me to the best Malaysian restaurants in KL. I was in heaven!

But every time I go to Singapore, I practically live in the food courts.... hahah :joy:

I like both countries' foods equally much. :kiss_wink:

EDIT: minus durian fruit. I can't with durian.... :D  The smell.... No offense to anyone !

• LOL 3