Add and Subtract Game

Admin

20 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Are you watching anything else besides FS and the Thai drama? Anything non-Asian?

Nothing non-Asian. I've been reading books lately instead. :glasses:

But then if they leave it on too long and literally nothing is happening, then I don't keep it on, or I go to the bathroom, etc. I think they need to be quicker to turn it off when it's not necessary, so that passengers really take it seriously when they do turn it on.

I think you need to keep your seatbelt on all the time when you're sitting, chingu. Not kidding. Have seen turbulence come out of nowhere plenty of times. :grimace:

But this turbulence story is scary, since it came out of nowhere and they barely had time to turn on the seatbelt sign before the plane dropped.

New airplanes have sensors that can sense turbulence ahead of time - but only like about 20 seconds if I remember correctly. @LeftCoastOppa please correct me if I'm wrong.

20 seconds to get everybody sitting down, including flight attendants is difficult. Especially if many people are out and about.

I remember how on a long-haul flight once the captain came on and said that everyone needed to take their seats immediately - also the cabin crew. Apparently the plane ahead of us (we were somewhere in Asia) had encountered "bad turbulence, some of it severe" (captain's exact words) and that we needed to strap ourselves in because we had to go through it too. Thankfully he said that it would only last 10 minutes but that it would be bad.

Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

Let me tell you something. It was bad. When a captain uses the specific word "severe", you know that you better strap yourself in well. :grimace:

To this day I am unable to forget how the sound of the engines would disappear from time to time when the plane dipped so much so that it didn't have enough air resistance. I kept looking at my watch to see how much time had passed. That 777's wing flex was crazy. Had we not been strapped into our seatbelts, many people would have gotten seriously hurt.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

-----

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Did anyone read about the Singapore Airlines turbulence incident? This is insane. :scream: Shocking that a passenger passed away. :scream:

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

How horrifying... with that much mess and damage, I'd think they almost crashed. May the injured recover swiftly, and for the gentleman who passed away, to be home soon.

It's a good idea to keep the belt on while sitting. I barely remove mine when I'm flying.

To think I just travel recently but different location with my Family, I just cannot imagined what the passengers horrified experiences:sad1:

Life Cycle Omg GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Travel · Trending
Singapore Airlines
A passenger has died, over 30 injured following severe turbulence on Singapore Airlines Boeing 777 flight from London to Singapore.😢
Spoiler

• Sad 3
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

I've been reading books lately instead. :glasses:

What are you reading?

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

To this day I am unable to forget how the sound of the engines would disappear from time to time when the plane dipped so much so that it didn't have enough air resistance. I kept looking at my watch to see how much time had passed. That 777's wing flex was crazy. Had we not been strapped into our seatbelts, many people would have gotten seriously hurt.

Sounds nuts. My worst experience was also flying on the way to Asia, and the plane dropped a ton in what felt like half a second. It made a loud noise as it dropped (like we had crashed into something), and I really thought we were going to die. Thankfully everyone was belted in, but I had never experienced such a drop before.

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa please confirm to @agenth that airplanes can withstand this amount of turbulence well.

The last ( and only ) time I remember a commercial airliner crashing due to turbulence was long before I entered into aviation. 

BOAC Flight 911 - Mount Fuji, Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOAC_Flight_911

Modern airliners are now built with much higher load limits and structures capable of withstanding those forces 

Here are some Boeing & Airbus wing load test videos showing what these new aircraft are capable of.

As many of you are accurately commenting - it is always a good idea to keep your seat belt fastened

Blue Skies Chingus

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

+2

Really? Which songs are those, dongsaeng?

:isannoyed: Omo, noonaaaa, why you do dis to meeeee~ okay okay okay. No cheating. 

1. Spoiler
    1. Really, Really - Winner
    2. Dynamite - BTS
    3. Bang Bang Bang - Big Bang
    4. Blood, Sweat & Tears - BTS
    5. Fire....Truck? - I have no idea whom. NCT I think
    6. Idol - BTS 
      now I really have to start thinking haha. I should know some from ATEEZ, but I can't remember any of the song titles.
    7. Beast - Ribbon
      I should stick to BTS haha, I think they are my best bet, took me 2 minutes to find another one
    8. ..........DNA - BTS
    9. Spring - BTS
    10. Not Today - BTS

I should really stop skipping Boygroup Songs in each weeks new episode of KVilles "New Songs this week".

She's already gotten a lot of hate, though. Both from k-netz and i-netz. I honestly don't think that she's ever gonna recover fully from it.

Wow, checked it out after you said this and it really seems she gets some hate this time. I mean no wonder, it seems clear her new bf has something to do with it. Will be interesting to see if she continues to defend him and follow his path, if she does, it may end her career.

I agree with this, but I have a feeling that it also depends a bit from which company they're from. JYP has always been really strict with picking kids with good personality to his company. From what I hear and what I've seen through the years, 2PM seems to have solid and nice members.

We all know that JYP will kick out idols he doesn't feel fit the wholesome family image he has built. Jay Park and Hyuna were both kicked out. Rumor on the internet is that....

I agree, I think JYP would immediately act if someone steps out of line, he is eager to preserve his pure imagine of the company. But I think other companies, like YG and SM are much less interested in that. 

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

What are you reading?

Am reading The 100 Year Life and a Korean folktales book (....in Korean 😰). It's too difficult. :crybaby:You?

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

:isannoyed: Omo, noonaaaa, why you do dis to meeeee~ okay okay okay. No cheating. 

That's it, dongsaeng? :scream: You don't know any INFINITE songs? Or Super Junior songs? Or 2PM songs? Or SHINee songs? What kind of Noona have I been to you all these years, not teaching you enough about male kpop bands?

:brokenheart:

You haven't even attended BTS school... Can you even tell the members apart ? Aigoo.....I have failed. :criesariver:

Let's start with some famous 2nd generation songs:

@joccu Feel free to post some more famous kpop male band videos for @Dhakra.

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Me too! I ALWAYS wear my seat belt if I'm not getting up to go to the bathroom or get a snack/drink. I also check out turbulence areas online before the flight so I'm aware of when I should avoid drinking water so that I don't have to go to the bathroom. lol

how can you check out turbulence areas midflight? and on which site?

i usually always have seat belt, even when signs switched off, except when stretching, going to bathroom, or getting service ...

now i will be even more careful.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Modern airliners are now built with much higher load limits and structures capable of withstanding those forces 

but the emergency door still opened with a BOEING flight...

+2

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Am reading The 100 Year Life

Had never heard of it and looked it up. How is it? Looks interesting.

You?

A favorite book recently was Everything Isn't Terrible, by Kathleen Smith. I also recently re-read Persuasion. In super busy seasons I usually turn to Jane Austen for comfort reading. :wub:

1 hour ago, WeunXK said:

add teams are presents today in our thread

:gangnamstyle:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

+2

4 hours ago, partyon said:

That's it, dongsaeng? :scream: You don't know any INFINITE songs? Or Super Junior songs? Or 2PM songs? Or SHINee songs? What kind of Noona have I been to you all these years, not teaching you enough about male kpop bands?

:eats2:Yep, that's it noona. And I really struggled after the sixth song.

I know INFINITE, but don't know any songs of them. I may recognize one if it plays, but I wouldn't be able to tell you any titles. 
Oh, true Super Junior, they didn't come to my mind. Hmmm, but can I name a song of theirs? That's on a different page. They had this super annoying Ring Ding Dong song right? Hmmmm, I'm not sure though, could be another group aswell. Ohhh, of course, Sorry, Sorry is another song of theirs, I remember. Yeah I know that one too.

2PM? Nope.

SHINee? Nope.

You have been the best noona there is? Aren't you a little proud how many BTS Songs I knew? We could act like it's all because of you.

You haven't even attended BTS school... Can you even tell the members apart ? Aigoo.....I have failed.

Hahahaha, of course NOT. Silly noona. I don't even know all their names. The only reliable one I will be able to recognize is V. And only because he did the best OST of all time in my books.

Let's start with some famous 2nd generation songs:

Interesting. Never heard of Song No. 2 and 3.  

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, partyon said:

It gets better. Since BBC reported that the Korean network KBS sent their lawyers to "intimidate" one of the victims, now KBS says it's not true and that they want to sue BBC....

Sounds like another docu in the making. 😈 

10 hours ago, WeunXK said:

To think I just travel recently but different location with my Family, I just cannot imagined what the passengers horrified experiences

Had a flight before that was very turbulent most of the way that gremlin was unable to use the provided bassinet. Fortunately I'm always bringing along the baby carrier so I at least have free hands.

+×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+

First day of filming 🙂

GOGpobBasAEfih_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cr: @mezamashimedia

+×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+

I want it to be weekend soon.

Omelette-blog-3.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon  never read that rumor.  wow.

@Dhakra  some famous kpop boys:

Exo 

ATEEZ, Teen Top, BTOB, Monsta X, GOT7.

iKON

Then we have MBLAQ and ZE:A(2 generation) who are on hiatus.

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

20 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Had never heard of it and looked it up. How is it? Looks interesting.

Parts of it are interesting. :glasses: I will let you know once I've finished it.

20 hours ago, sweetroad said:

A favorite book recently was Everything Isn't Terrible, by Kathleen Smith. I also recently re-read Persuasion. In super busy seasons I usually turn to Jane Austen for comfort reading. :wub:

It's a self-help book?

Ooh, I do love Jane Austen's books. Have read them and re-read them so many times :wub:

17 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I know INFINITE, but don't know any songs of them. I may recognize one if it plays, but I wouldn't be able to tell you any titles. 

Here's an INFINTE song.

And a beastly idols 2PM song. :love:

It's a fun song, no?

2 hours ago, joccu said:

Then we have MBLAQ and ZE:A(2 generation) who are on hiatus.

Sharing an MBLAQ song here for dongsaeng @Dhakra :kiss_wink:

@joccu @MayanEcho Heol! BBC apologized to KBS :D

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2024/05/bbc-apologizes-to-kbs-for-serious-mistake-in-burning-sun-documentary

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's a self-help book?

It's a solid mental-health book, centered on managing your own reactivity and how you taking responsibility for your own anxiety can healthily impact your relationships. It's good! She's a licensed therapist.

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ooh, I do love Jane Austen's books. Have read them and re-read them so many times :wub:

Me, too, though my favorites are P & P and Persuasion :) How about you?

RIP birdies: Dozens of flamingos dead after plane hits them in Mumbai

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nnx3ey3v4o

:(

• Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Me, too, though my favorites are P & P and Persuasion :) How about you?

Persuasion is number 1. Mansfield Park number 2. P & P number 3. :)

:omg:

Those poor birds :bawling:

@sweetroad We need to start BTS school again. This time for my first and original dongsaeng on this forum, dongsaeng @Dhakra . He's an avid kpop girl group fan, but he knows very little about boy bands. We need to change that.

How about you present Hobi for him? Please include a fun fact. :kiss_wink:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1