Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

must have good hair. :lol:

Like this Ms. Koko?

5bmuh.jpg

I am gonna guess she will marry someone who likes to tease and bicker. Ms Koko seems to be into that kind of stuff.

:emmm:

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@kokodus

So when are you getting married?

Pretty soon I guess. My parents are full on in groom searching mode. My mom is pretty convinced that I won't be able to find a guy myself. So I'm meeting two guys this weekend. Wish me luck. 

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

must have good hair. :lol:

at least that is the common thread I see in all of @kokodus oppas. 

Sadly the guys they are showing me these days are on the verge of becoming bald. Sighh. 

Actually the only thing I'm worried about is the height. I'm pretty tall, I feel like I won't be able to get a guy who is taller than me. Sighhh. 

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am gonna guess she will marry someone who likes to tease and bicker. Ms Koko seems to be into that kind of stuff.

Yes that's actually true. But i've mellowed down a little bit, dont you think?! I feel like I'm becoming old. I don't voluntarily go and fight anymore. I don't have that kind of energy anymore. I just accept things and go. 

• LOL 7
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, kokodus said:

My mom is pretty convinced that I won't be able to find a guy myself. So I'm meeting two guys this weekend. Wish me luck. 

Awww... How cute that your mom is helping you. Are you using an app or is your mom asking around ?

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

Sadly the guys they are showing me these days are on the verge of becoming bald. Sighh. 

Omo! How old are they? Like grandpa oppa age? :omg:

Actually the only thing I'm worried about is the height. I'm pretty tall, I feel like I won't be able to get a guy who is taller than me. Sighhh. 

Ms. Koko, take it from someone who is also tall (namely me). You will find someone - plenty of taller guys out there. All of my boyfriends / hubby have been taller than me - some of them barely, but still. :D

Here it's quite common to see couples nowadays where the lady is taller than the guy. I think personality and compatibility are the most important things, so try to forget height (if you can). :kiss_wink: Height won't matter in a relationship in the long run, but personality will.

But i've mellowed down a little bit, dont you think?! I feel like I'm becoming old. I don't voluntarily go and fight anymore.

Like a few days ago when you said that you wanted to annoy me on purpose, Ms. Koko?

JP0v.gif

EDIT: I just remembered that @LeftCoastOppa is tall. 191-192 cm I believe. Ms. Koko, if you don't find anyone local, how about my dongsaeng?

Dongsaeng, need a wife?

200.gif

• LOL 8

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Awww... How cute that your mom is helping you. Are you using an app or is your mom asking around ?

Both happening. She is seeing matrimonial websites also and through word of mouth as well, you know. Sighhh. It is not cute though. In the last one week alone I have seen and read so many biodata of potential grooms. Now I'm really confused actually. Sighh. 

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! How old are they? Like grandpa oppa age? 

Early 30s. Some bald, lots with grey hair. I don't know. Guys these days are losing hair so soon. 

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

Here it's quite common to see couples nowadays where the lady is taller than the guy. I think personality and compatibility are the most important things, so try to forget height (if you can). :kiss_wink: Height won't matter in a relationship in the long run, but personality will.

I understand this. But in a arranged marriage setting, I'm afraid that I won't be able to get to know that guy well enough. I feel like inevitably the guys I meet won't show their real personality before getting married. I don't know I'm scared. 

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

EDIT: I just remembered that @LeftCoastOppa is tall. 191-192 cm I believe. Ms. Koko, if you don't find anyone local, how about my dongsaeng?

Dongsaeng, need a wife?

LOLOL, aren't you the matchmaker?!?!

• LOL 7

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Now I'm really confused actually. Sighh. 

Try Tinder. Now THAT will make you hella confused. :blink:

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Early 30s. Some bald, lots with grey hair. I don't know. Guys these days are losing hair so soon. 

What's going on? :scream:

I was just telling @agenth about this Thai lakorn I was watching and was saying that there was a cute Thai grandpa oppa with gray hair in it and that he must have been handsome in his early days.

When I googled him, I realized he's only 47.

:sweats:

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm afraid that I won't be able to get to know that guy well enough. I feel like inevitably the guys I meet won't show their real personality before getting married. I don't know I'm scared. 

I can understand the dilemma, Ms. Koko. I think that you can only know who someone really is after 18-24 months - after the hormones have died down. That's why I always have been an advocate for living together before getting married. It doesn't guarantee that you will be compatible, but it does raise the chances.

Guess that's not an option for you?

I would still advise you not to rush into marriage and to get to know the other party over a longer time if you can. And listen to your intuition.

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

LOLOL, aren't you the matchmaker?!?!

The other option is @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng. He would be closer to you too! :love:

How tall are you Ms. Koko? I need to know if you are compatible with dongsaeng's height.

giphy.gif

• LOL 6

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

Believe it or not. I tried tinder and also bumble. Both were waste of time. 

I was just telling @agenth about this Thai lakorn I was watching and was saying that there was a cute Thai grandpa oppa with gray hair in it and that he must have been handsome in his early days.

When I googled him, I realized he's only 47.

I guess it's the stress?! I don't know. People are just losing hair for no reason. 

I can understand the dilemma, Ms. Koko. I think that you can only know who someone really is after 18-24 months - after the hormones have died down. That's why I always have been an advocate for living together before getting married. It doesn't guarantee that you will be compatible, but it does raise the chances.

Guess that's not an option for you?

I would still advise you not to rush into marriage and to get to know the other party over a longer time if you can. And listen to your intuition.

Sadly living together is not an option for me. I told my parents that I will need atleast 6 months before I say ok to a guy. But they were like 'we'll give you 10 days'. It's hard. I feel like I'm trapped here. Like it's so suffocating when I think about spending my life with someone who I barely know. 

friends-rachel-green.gif

How tall are you Ms. Koko? I need to know if you are compatible with dongsaeng's height.

I'm almost 173cm. According to Asian/Indian standards I'm way too tall. LOL. 

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I guess it's the stress?! I don't know. People are just losing hair for no reason. 

My guess is that I have been watching too many kdramas with k-oppas who have gone under the knife and have had botox. I have forgotten what normal men look like. :sweatingbullets:

I told my parents that I will need atleast 6 months before I say ok to a guy. But they were like 'we'll give you 10 days'. It's hard. I feel like I'm trapped here. Like it's so suffocating when I think about spending my life with someone who I barely know. 

Stand your ground, Ms. Koko. Even if it is towards your parents.

It's your life! No one has the right to dictate how you should live it - you should listen to yourself and only do what you feel comfortable with.

:kiss_wink:

I'm almost 173cm. According to Asian standards I'm way too tall. LOL. 

Nah, you're a good height. I'm even taller than you. LOL :joy:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng will be a perfect match for you then since he's living closer to you!

Dongsaeng is educated, has a good job, is used to women, likes kdramas, knows the names of your k-oppas. But most importantly, likes to tease you and bicker with you.

200.gif

My only concern is that he doesn't like spicy food. I think you like spicy food, Ms. Koko?

Whatever! People can't be too similar in a marriage. It will get boring.

It's a done deal. Let's call your mom!

TameArtisticBasenji-size_restricted.gif

EDIT:  @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng is also a great match with Ms. Koko and ticks all the same boxes as @Sleepy Owl. Only thing is that one of you likes coffee and the other one tea, but again some differences are to be expected. Biggest hurdle would be the different continents...  Aigoo.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's your life! No one has the right to dictate how you should live it - you should listen to yourself and only do what you feel comfortable with.

Yeah I know. Ultimately even they know that they can't force me into something. I'm just worried that no one I meet will be good enough and at the end I would compromise....sighhh. All my friends are getting married one by one. Eventhough I try not to stress over these things, I can't help it. 

i'm-gonna-die-alone.-friends.gif

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng will be a perfect match for you then since he's living closer to you!

Dongsaeng is educated, has a good job, is used to women, likes kdramas, knows the names of your k-oppas. But most importantly, likes to tease you and bicker with you.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525wwyy3vdvlzgulfk3

• LOL 6

45 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm just worried that no one I meet will be good enough and at the end I would compromise....sighhh. All my friends are getting married one by one. Eventhough I try not to stress over these things, I can't help it. 

I think it's understandable to feel stressed. It's human to compare oneself to others and to feel persuaded to please others - sometimes at the cost of one's boundaries/preferences.

As an ahjumma, the only advice I could give you is to always listen to yourself first. Only you can make yourself happy. No one else can.

:kiss_wink:

When you're 80, and you look back at your life, do you want to think:

1) I always did the "right thing" and what others expected of me. I only made safe choices.

or

2) I made a lot of mistakes, but boy, did I have fun! :fun:

I chose and still to this day live by option 2. :yay:You only live once. :coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

I think it's understandable to feel stressed. It's human to compare oneself to others and to feel persuaded to please others - sometimes at the cost of one's own boundaries/preferences.

As an ahjumma, the only advise I could give you is to always listen to yourself first. Only you can make yourself happy. No one else can.

When you're 80, and you look back at your life, do you want to think:

1) I always did the "right thing" and what others expected of me. I only made safe choices.

or

2) I made a lot of mistakes, but boy, did I have fun! 

I chose and still to this day live by option 2. You only live once. 

Wahhh that was really....profound. I like you @partyon :heart:

I just hope that I'm strong enough to face the consequences of the choices I make. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I like you @partyon :heart:

I like you too Ms. Koko :dorakiss:

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I just hope that I'm strong enough to face the consequences of the choices I make. 

You're strong! Things always have a way of working out sooner or later. :kiss_wink:

Did anyone see this article? Some of these celebrities' outfits are out of this world - and not in a good way. :wacko:

https://www.pannchoa.com/2023/07/theqoo-celebrities-who-participated-at.html

AVvXsEj4dTL_7zJJKGKaQt-JS5Q5l9GfxrBDPXX_

AVvXsEiJEF1d2MGs_fXcLVBeR8sTW5XRUyEeBScN

AVvXsEiqbttj1aqXaUpmff1gke6YGjB53E801Kr4

@agenth's favorite potato sack look. :D

@joccu Started on The Jungle. It's barf. :spitswater:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:23 AM, partyon said:

Oppenheimer next! It is even better, chingu.

I will watch Oppenheimer this Sunday. I heard it is 180 minutes. Why are the films so long? I like when movies were 90 minutes. But if Barbie was 110 minutes, I can give a more serious plot a little more minutes of my time.

+2

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

+2

14 hours ago, partyon said:

I know it! Es ist ein berümtes Sprichwort. 

It means that it is better to have/own something small that is good than to risk trying to get something bigger and better (as you might risk losing both).

@Dhakra can you teach @LeftCoastOppa about the German saying “Einen Vogel haben” (meaning literally to have a bird) - but like in the context:

@LeftCoastOppa du hast doch wohl einen Vogel!

:approves: Sure thing. Well done by the way, I couldn't have explained it better myself. Look out for lesson II soon. Be happy with stuff you have in your hand rather trying to chase something you might never get.

@LeftCoastOppa"Einen Vogel haben" pretty much means something like, "You're crazy." It also can be used as a question like "Hast du einen Vogel?" which means something like or "Are you dumb?" :sad1: 

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Awww so sweet. As long as you are around....

Yeah, that's me. :4267_LiccGif:

By the way, I kinda already know the answer to that, but in the past couple of months of my absence, you heard anything from USAFarmgirl? You remember her?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, partyon said:

You should know by now that all EOs hate that pigeon!

You keep saying that yet you're the only one I see complaining

Wondering Ben Franklin GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

17 hours ago, joccu said:

@LeftCoastOppa  never been in Starbucks but is the tea good in there? 

As @Lmangla pointed out, the smaller establishments tend to have better tea, but I'm enslaved to Starbucks due primarily to convenience ... its right next to the freeway on my way to work :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it works out well for folks who are feeling too lazy to make a cuppa. 

Hey! ... I resemble that remark

12 hours ago, partyon said:

Now I'm really confused actually. Sighh. 

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I think your "matchmaker" license was just revoked :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, partyon said:

I told my parents that I will need atleast 6 months before I say ok to a guy. But they were like 'we'll give you 10 days'. It's hard. I feel like I'm trapped here. Like it's so suffocating when I think about spending my life with someone who I barely know. 

100% agree with @partyon

Forgive my presumption, but I would be willing to bet a rather large sum that you probably deliberated more than 10 days on which college to attend - 10 days to make a marriage decision that will shape (for better OR worse) the rest of your life? - No. 

Its your life, you chose who to share it with ... and when. 

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Did anyone see this article? Some of these celebrities' outfits are out of this world - and not in a good way.

Only 2 out of all - Not really that special, just not as offensive as the rest :lol:

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@LeftCoastOppa"Einen Vogel haben" pretty much means something like, "You're crazy." It also can be used as a question like "Hast du einen Vogel?" which means something like or "Are you dumb?"

7tzw9d.jpg

+2

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Yeah, that's me. 

By the way, I kinda already know the answer to that, but in the past couple of months of my absence, you heard anything from USAFarmgirl? You remember her?

Ofcourse I remember her. But no I haven't heard from her. Dunno why she disappeared all of a sudden. Hope she is doing OK. 

30 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

100% agree with @partyon

Forgive my presumption, but I would be willing to bet a rather large sum that you probably deliberated more than 10 days on which college to attend - 10 days to make a marriage decision that will shape (for better OR worse) the rest of your life? - No. 

Its your life, you chose who to share it with ... and when.

Yeah I had like 5 months to choose which college and which course I was going to take up. LOL. It was the covid time, but still I was glad that I had that time. 

Sigh it's all scary. I don't know what I'm doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Sigh it's all scary. I don't know what I'm doing. 

I was going to write something but am still recovering from food poisoning and so still zapped. instead, am just going to copy paste something I had come across in reddit a while back which I think might be helpful to you.

Spoiler

post#1 -- practical stuff to look at when meeting someone

Remember, an arranged marriage aims to cultivate a life-long partnership based on mutual respect, understanding, and shared goals. 

To navigate this intricate process effectively, here are ten practical considerations and conversation prompts to help expedite your decision-making:

1. Shared Values: Discuss your personal beliefs, ideologies, and life objectives. Determining if you both have common grounds in these areas will create a stronger foundation.

2. Openness: Encourage transparency by discussing your hopes, fears, and expectations. Authenticity at the onset will prevent unnecessary misunderstandings in the future.

3. Financial Perspectives: Examine each other's attitudes towards finance. Matters of money are fundamental to a harmonious life together.

4. Perspectives on Family: Understand their views on familial relationships and the institution of marriage. This conversation can offer valuable insight into their worldviews.

5. Emotional Intelligence: Assess your potential partner's ability to understand, interpret, and respond to emotions - their own and yours. This is crucial for effective communication in a relationship.

6. Dealmakers: Identify the characteristics or traits that strongly resonate with you. These could be attributes that make you enthusiastic about the potential of the relationship.

7. Dealbreakers: Just as important as dealmakers, are dealbreakers. Knowing what you cannot tolerate in a partner is as important as knowing what you admire.

8. Social Circle: Spend time with their friends and family. Observing their interactions can give you a genuine sense of their personality and values.

9. Consistency: Monitor their actions and words for consistency. A reliable partner is honest and dependable in both their words and deeds.

10. Expert Opinions: Engage experienced individuals or professionals who can offer guidance and advice based on their knowledge or personal experiences. This can provide you with diverse perspectives.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

I am having the day off today. Currently on a scheduled powercut from morning to evening for the daily maintenance. Gosh.. it's hotter than the sun lately.. :hotinhere2:

I guess I forgot all about to wish @Min2206 chingu for good health! Hope you are feeling better now. :heart:

And @Lmangla chingu had a food poisoning?? Oh my god, what happened? Did you go see the doc? Hope you will be okay in no time. Sending virtual hugs!! :ohboy2:

I'll be back later when power is finally restored! 

Have fun, everyone!! :lol:

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 1