[Drama 2014] Hi! School: Love On (하이스쿨 - 러브온) KBS

irilight

Crayon Pop’s ChoA in “High School – Love On”

Crayon pop member choa is starring in the new kbs 2tv drama "high school love on". "high school love on" is about an angel who turned into a human trying to save.

Crayon Pop's ChoA in

Crayon Pop member ChoA is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama “High School – Love On”.

Chrome Entertainment said, “She’s the one who initiates the case in the drama”.

ChoA is current attending the Seoul Art School Department of Acting and she’s got a passion for it. She’s always getting lessons even though she’s busy with work and has been dicing her basis as an actress.

ChoA is co-acting with Woohyun and Lee Seong-yeol from Infinite, actress Kim Sae-ron and more.

ChoA said, “I’m really nervous as this is my first acting challenge. I’m very happy to have this opportunity and I will do my best not to be a burden to anyone”.

“High School – Love On” is about an angel who turned into a human trying to save a male student and the friendship and romance of teenagers in high school. To be aired on the 27th at 8:55.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c…

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesiica said: I'm very excited for this drama so hard I feel that will be a great drama can not wait for their updates  Lee Shi Hoo He will play the role as the dude who will have a crush or will like Woohyun's character in High School. it`s true? i found this on twitter  

New Stills of Infinite’s Sungyeol for “High School: On Love” Released

New stills of infinite‘s sungyeol have been released for the upcoming drama “high school: love on. “on june 5, still cuts of sungyeol have been released, further.

New stills of Infinite‘s Sungyeol have been released for the upcoming drama “High School: Love On.

On June 5, still cuts of Sungyeol have been released, further giving a glimpse of the different sides to his character in the new drama. Sungyeol’s character Hwang Sung Yeol is a cold and selfish character who excels in everything. However, when he meets Lee Seul Bi (played by Kim Sae Ron), he turns into a friendly and warm guy. He is best friends with Shin Woo Hyun (played by Nam Woo Hyun) but falls into conflict when he learns that Shin Woo Hyun’s mother will become his new stepmother. Sung Yeol and Woo Hyun will also enter a love triangle with Seul Bi as well.

Sungyeol commented, “I usually talk really fast but my character is very calm and cold. He speaks very slowly too. So I had to get rid of some of my facial expressions and my laughter.”

“He is a cold and stony person on the outside but that comes from him wanting to seem strong because of his scars inside. I feel somewhat bad for him but my heart also goes out to him. So I want to play this character even better,” he added.

Sungyeol is said to be a bright ball of energy on set of the drama, joking around and creating a lively atmosphere.

After his first shoot, Sungyeol commented, “I’m so excited to be having this new experience as an actor and not a singer. I hope I can learn a lot of things through this drama. Everyone that I’m working with are so energetic and they fit their characters so well that I was able to really become Hwang Sung Yeol and have a lot of fun while filming.”

A production staff member commented, “Lee Sungyeol is perfect for Hwang Sung Yeol. Seeing Sung Yeol really get into his acting shows how much he cares about his character. Please look forward to Sung Yeol’s acting, especially the his lonely and rebellious scenes.”

“High School: On Love” will air its pilot episode on June 27.

See also:

Kim Sae Ron Goofs Around on Set of Youth Romance Drama “High School: Love On”

“High School: Love On” Starring Kim Sae Ron, Infinite’s Woohyun and Sungyeol Gives First Sneak Peek

Source: www.soompi.com

@irilight‌ Love that pic of Kim Sae Ron goofing around the set. She's such a beautiful 13 years old girl... Wow she even co-star alongside the great "Won Bin" ...really looking forward to her acting now. All the other casts seems inexperienced compared to her.

I didn't realized the age gap as mentioned by @milky88 huhu. But after seeing previous kbs high school dramas such as adolescent meddley, god of study, school 2013 etc.. I'm pretty sure it will be totally young innocent love. Not even a kiss haha just a peck on the cheek perhaps... Hope it will be fun nonetheless. .

@suchadiva42,  I love the character description of Sungyeol and what he said about his character....

He will be in conflict with Woo Hyun's character both for the girl and the mom!

@imot, yes indeed... She was also in Cannes this year with Bae Doo-Na and the rest of the production team of "A Girl at My Door."   this also means that she had an early exposure to the international market, including Hollywood. There's lots more on Kim Sae Ron's thread.

I am glad that in this drama she returns to a role that is fun and full of love

@Jesiica omo thank you for sharing~ I can't wait to watch this, I really like the premise (and Woohyun? lol) I admit I was a little concerned about the age gap too, but KSR is an experienced actress already and she's supposed to be an angel, so her exterior apparence should not count right? Plus now that I saw the first snippets I think they really look good together anyway so I'm more then ready!! June 27 come to me~ :>

Guest Jesiica

@lovcom00 when I saw the video I was fascinated ,   I think Woohyun and KSR , complement each other very well and have a lot of chemistry together. I don´t care  the age difference I feel that Woohyun will be the first to fall in love for his looking on seul bi in the hospital ,in I think it will be fun can not wait for June 27th come soon

Trivia :

Kim SaeRon who played the lead in this drama is not only the teen celebrity who has partnered with
adult age celebrities/idols in dramas, photoshoots and other projects ...

In female teen actresses, there's Kim SoHyun  and Kim YooJung ...

Kim SoHyun (age 15)
1) Partnered with Touch's member Sun Woong in the 3 episode Tooniverse drama in "Ma Boy" in 2012 (She was 13 and He was 21) .
2) Partnered with Boyfriend's member DongHyun in Boyfriend's "I Yah" music video last year (10 years age gap ; She's was 14 and He was 24)
3) Partnered with 5urprise's member Seo KangJoon in SBS drama "Suspicious House Keeper" last year (She was 14 and He was 19 - 20 years old ; in Korean age Seo Kang Joon is 20 - 21 years, so basically he's adult in Korean culture)

Kim YooJung (age 14)
1) Partnered with Exo's member Xiumin in the singer Jin's music video "Gone" last year  (She was 13 and He was 23)
2) Partnered with actor Lee SangYeob in a photoshoot last year, they both dubbed the lead characters of the Hollywood movie "Nutcraker 3D"  (16 years age gap, She was 13 and He was 29 years old)

In male teen actors ...

1)Yeo JinGoo has partnered with actress Ha YeonSoo in sitcom "Potato Star", who have 6-7 year age gap (He is 17 and she is 23 years old)
2)Yeon JoonSeok who was still 16-17 years old back then in 2012 KBS1 drama "Cheer Up! Mr. Kim" has partnered with actress Kim SeoYeon who was 23 years old.

---> The drama is not only focused on teen romance and high school life but also it's friendship,  family oriented and heart warming drama.
So we won't be expecting many romantic and also skinship scenes since Kim SaeRon is still very young.
If there will be, it's  only a kiss on the cheek or on the forehead or just sweet hugs and holding hands between leads.

I'm looking forward to this drama, I hope drama will do well. Hwaiting!!!  :-bd

Jesiica said: I'm very excited for this drama so hard I feel that will be a great drama can not wait for their updates  Lee Shi Hoo He will play the role as the dude who will have a crush or will like Woohyun's character in High School. it`s true? i found this on twitter

Based from BTS  and  some preview scenes the time line of the drama is 2016 , it could will be two years time jump from this drama where WooHyun will be a college student and probably he will meet Kim SaeRon's character again.
Or it could be that the story of the drama starts in 2016 and flashbacks to 2014.

Welcome, @Jessica, @lovcom00, @Uglypearl   and thank you for videos and articles.

@Jessica, thank you for the BTS video.  Love it..  They all look so good and cute. I got a kick out of KSR's character introduction, biting NWH's character hand...     =))

@uglypearl.. thank you for all your insights...  So much talent these young actors/actresses have.  btw,  Kim You-Jung was also with T.O.P in Commitment movie

Interesting observation about the 2014 vs. 2016. I am curious what they would do with it. 

I updated  page 1 to include Lee Shi-hoo.. thank you for all the background info on him.

BTW, this would be KSR 2nd collaboration with Infinite members. She had collaborated with L in 2012 drama (playing his younger sister) "Mom is Acting Up."  She had posted this photo of them on twitter

saeronl.jpg?w=490

@irilight in "Mom's Acting Up" Kim SaeRon and L didn't play as siblings, Kim SaeRon has a one-sided crush on L in that sitcom but L only treated her as his younger sister.
In the movie Commitment, TOP and Kim YooJung played as siblings not partnered as lovers/couple.

Guest Jesiica

@irilight thanks for the welcome chingu ;) @uglypearl you are so right I think the drama will be between 2014 and 2016 in high school and university if you look at the uniforms are different colours 
in high school ?? 2014 
Sin+t%C3%ADtu.png

2016 university ??

Is our lovely angel in that pic because she doesn't look like her to me at least :-/ it looks like a cameo typecan't wait for this one to start airing,i got a feeling i'm gonna totally love it :xCurious if Namu will attack our cute angel in the story with his famous aegyo ;))

@uglypearl, thank you for correction. Yes, I have seen the movie "Commitment" but only read about the drama with KSR and L.

@Jesiica, yes, totally... in the video you posted of the BTS he was wearing this white sweater when they interviewed him and it was after we saw the sign for the university 2006 go up...

Watching the video again in HD .... The girl in stripes is not Kim SaeRon so it's really possible what @Milky88 said that the girl is maybe a cameo.

It's also possible that  the girl is just a stand-in/body double for Kim SaeRon or an extra character that could lead him to meet Kim SaeRon's character again.

Another possibility:
It's possible that WooHyun  might not end up with SaeRon's character because SaeRon returned to heaven as an angel again and the girl in stripes is his destined love.

uglypearl

said:

Watching the video again in HD .... The girl in stripes is not Kim SaeRon so it's really possible what @Milky88 said that the girl is maybe a cameo.

It's also possible that  the girl is just a stand-in/body double for Kim SaeRon or an extra character that could lead him to meet Kim SaeRon's character again.

Another possibility:
It's possible that WooHyun  might not end up with SaeRon's character because SaeRon returned to heaven as an angel again and the girl in stripes is his destined love.

Archived