[Drama 2014] Hi! School: Love On (하이스쿨 - 러브온) KBS

irilight

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘High School’ Unveils Poster Stills for Kim Sae Ron, Infinite’s Woo Hyun and Sung Yeol

Getting ready to start high school, Infinite’s Woo Hyun, Sung Yeol, and actress Kim Sae Ron posed for KBS’ new drama High School: Love on(tentative).

77094607.jpg

The poster cuts of the three actors were taken in May, where they each portrayed their characters. 

Woo Hyun will be playing the character Shin Woo Hyun, a tough and hot-blooded young man, Kim Sae Ron will be Lee Seul Bi, a silly but innocent angel-like student, and Sung Yeol will be Hwang Sung Yeol, a cold and confident student, who is Woo Hyun’s biggest rival. 

The drama production company rep stated that even during the poster shooting, the energy from the three young people was felt and hoped it will continue throughout the drama shooting. 

High School will run 20 episodes long and begin on June 27.

Source:
Mwave

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight Wow u really are awesome keeping us updated all over the drama thread. :)

Anyway I'm a bit confused about this drama time slot. Would love to check it out ... the drama plot sounded interesting and the casts seem adorable. If only I knew the exact time slot it will be airing.

@imot, hi   :)   welcome to the thread..!

I too, am still confused about the time slot, unfortunately.. Only now, finally there was information that it will premier on Friday June 27, but so far, I have not been able to find info about time slot.

Maybe someone else who has access to drama news in Korean can enlighten us, hopefully.

I will post updates as soon as I find them.. and hopefully others can also update us with more info.

I am not even sure if Haeryung is on board, because aside from that one article, I have not seen her mentioned anywhere else..- yet..

Thanks @irilight ... yeah hopefully someone will enlighten us soon. It's weird how they have the poster and script reading plus date airing set but no mentioned on the time slot. This is the first time I've heard of the mean lead actress Kim sae ron but reading her achievements & awards for someone so young made me very curious about her acting...

INFINITE's Woohyun channels his character in a school uniform for his first filming of 'High School'

INFINITE-Woohyun_1401756402_af_org.jpg

Upcoming KBS 2TV's teen fantasy drama 'High School' unveiled BTS photos of INFINITE's Woohyun playing his role as 'Mr. Popular' at school!

Woohyun became the high school student Shin Woo Hyun by donning a school uniform for his first filming on the 3rd and even gave some fan service with his aegyo on set.

He shared, "Since it's my first time playing a major role in a production, there is pressure... But I am working hard to learn from my renowned sunbaenims and will do my best so that I can contribute to the production."As mentioned earlier, the story follows male student Shin Woo Hyun (Woohyun), who is saved from a dangerous situation by angel Lee Seul Bi (Kim Sae Ron) that becomes human as a result.

'High School' will premiere as a 20-episode drama on the 27th at 8:55 PM KST!

Source : allkpop

@Felicia Soh...ah.... thank you much...    :)

And now we also have a time slot...!  Now, I am thinking this will most likely be a Frid-Saturday dram.

@imot will be pleased with that too..

I have to say, BTW, I am so proud at their supporters. They already have over 1,000 "favorites" on the  Viki Channel.  Good job...!

=D> =D> =D>

@irilight and @imot - I think this drama time slot will be KBS 1st drama to be aired on Friday @ 8.55pm.  If my memory serves me right, I think I read somewhere that KBS has intention to air "drama" in that new time slot.  I'll try to locate the previous news posted.

Yess!!!... finally confirmation on time slot woohooo so happy \:D/  Thank you guys... @FeliciaSoh and @irilight. Putting it into my must see list...

It will be interesting to see the infinite boys woo hyun and sung yeol in their first major role in a drama. Hopefully they will be able to deliver ... i have seen them in variety show before and they were  pretty decent. Not sure about their acting tho huhu .. but since this is their first major role i'm going to cut them some slack and just enjoy the show.

@Felicia Soh.... ahhhh... thank you so much.... so appreciate you shedding the light there....

I find it interesting that in the insightful article you provided they talk about the 10:00PM time slot, but this drama, however, is scheduled for 9:00PM time slot...

The other drama I am watching is at the 11:00PM time slot. I never realized what a lucrative territory Friday nights are.

@aznchic209.. welcome.. :)  you are in good company!

@imot - absolutely. Me too. I totally love that the infinite boys are trying something new, and doing it together too.!

From what i heard Woo Hyun had a car accident after leaving the set but he is fine,they didn't go to teh hospital only resting at home,so it was a light case which is good,hope he will be fine...hope this show will be nice surprise...still a little reticent if they involve romance in it because our heroine is still a minor and they are like 22-24,i hope they will not look strange...i normally don't have problems with big age gaps but i must say even if i might sound old fashioned i don't really dig age gaps sooo huge when one is still minor...curious if the boys will show it on screenstill a little bummed our heroine is not at least 18 ;)) but maybe it will be so good that i won't think in my head that she is a minor :D

@Micky88,  welcome to the thread...

Yea.. I was reading about Woo Hyun's car accident this morning, while he was on his way to filming this drama...  They say no serious injury.  I hope so.

It is interesting that you mention Kim Sae Ron's age. You make good points!
I read somewhere, that  being only 13 she cannot even watch some of her movies...  But I have a feeling that this drama will be more of an young innocent love..

irilight said: @Micky88,  welcome to the thread...

Yea.. I was reading about Woo Hyun's car accident this morning, while he was on his way to filming this drama...  They say no serious injury.  I hope so.

It is interesting that you mention Kim Sae Ron's age. You make good points!
I read somewhere, that  being only 13 she cannot even watch some of her movies...  But I have a feeling that this drama will be more of an young innocent love..

“High School: Love On” Starring Kim Sae Ron, Infinite’s Woohyun and Sungyeol Gives First Sneak Peek

Kbs 2tv’s upcoming “fantasy youth romance,” titled “high school: love on” has given its first sneak peek into the drama. Behind the scenes photos of the.

“High School: Love On” Starring Kim Sae Ron, Infinite’s Woohyun and Sungyeol Gives First Sneak Peek

KBS 2TV’s upcoming “fantasy youth romance,” titled “High School: Love On” has given its first sneak peek into the drama.

Behind the scenes photos of the drama’s poster photo shoot were released June 2, showing leads Kim Sae Ron, and Infinite‘s Woohyun and Sungyeol.

Woohyun takes on the role of tough, passionate, and friendly high school student Shin Woo Hyun. Kim Sae Ron will play the role of innocent angel Lee Seul Bi. Sungyeol plays the role of Hwang Sung Yeol, described as a cold and chic student, rival to Shin Woo Hyun.

KBS also released stills from Woohyun filming for “High School: Love On” on June 3, and also gave more details into his character. Woohyun’s Shin Woo Hyun is loyal, friendly, and humorous, raising his popularity in school. Despite his bright exterior, Shin Woo Hyun holds a sadness in his heart after being abandoned by his parents.

While it was first announced that 4Minute‘s Nam Jihyun will play the lead role, she dropped out in mid-May stating conflicts with her group’s schedule and tour in Europe.

“High School: Love On” portrays the story of an angel who became human to save a male high school student. Fantastical, romantic, and bright, the drama will show the growth and development of youth, their aspirations, dreams, and love. It premieres June 27, Friday, at 8:55 PM KST.

high school infinite sungyeol

@suchadiva42, hi my friend  :)

Looks like they are all having fun...  and continue to....!

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Sae Ron Goofs Around on Set of Youth Romance Drama “High School: Love On”

kim-sae-ron-high-school-love-on.jpg

Kim Sae Ron, most famously known as the child actress that co-starred with Won Bin in the film “The Man from Nowhere,” is growing up right before everyone’s eyes.

Kim Sae Ron, now just a young actress, is starring as the lead of the upcoming KBS drama “High School: Love On   ”alongside Infinite‘s Woohyun and Sungyeol. Yesterday, stills of Woohyun were released, and today, images of Kim Sae Ron filming the drama have been revealed.

Kim Sae Ron will play the role of innocent angel Lee Seul Bi. She has a lot of interest in humankind, and decides to become human in order to save Shin Woo Hyun (played by Infinite’s Nam Woohyun). Always positive, Lee Seul Bi takes on the challenge of being part of human society with energy and enthusiasm. She eventually becomes involved in a love triangle with Shin Woo Hyun and Hwang Sung Yeol (played by Infinite’s Lee Sungyeol). 

Kim Sae Ron, who has appeared in many movies and mostly in dark roles, is said to be looking forward to playing such a bright and positive character. She commented, “I’ve never done a youth romance, but I am looking forward to this chance of showing my usual energetic self.”

“High School: Love On” is coming-of-age drama that portrays the story of an angel who became human to save a male high school student. Fantastical, romantic, and bright, the drama will show the growth and development of youth, their aspirations, dreams, and love. It premieres June 27, Friday, at 8:55 PM KST

Source: Soompi

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.21em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choa of Crayon Pop Takes Minor Role in \'High School\'

choa.jpg?w=600

Choa of Crayon Pop took a minor role in KBS’ new drama ‘High School- Love On.’
On June 4, Crayon Pop’s agency Chrome Entertainment announced that Choa decided to take a minor role in KBS’ upcoming drama ‘High School- Love On.’ The agency unveiled one behind the scene photo of Choa at shooting site.
As can be seen in the above photo, Choa is in the middle of classroom, wearing a high school uniform. She is brightly smiling in front of the chicken, as if she is soon going to eat them all.  One official from Chrome Entertainment said, “Choa is currently majoring in acting at Seoul Arts University that she has enormous passion in both singing and acting. She has been practicing acting for a long time, regardless of her busy schedule. Beginning in ‘High School,’ she will show her second charm as an actress.”
On the other hand, Choa will be acting with Nam Woo Hyun, Lee Sung Yeol of INFINITE, and actress Kim Sae Ron.
Choa said in one interview, “I’m feeling nervous to challenge acting for the first time. I always wanted to try on acting since long time ago that I feel so thankful to have a chance like this. Even though it’s a minor role, I did my best to shoot the best part of me. I will continuously study hard on both acting and singing that I want to grow up as a good singer also.\" 
Meanwhile, new drama ‘High School’ will be first aired on June 27 at 8:55PM. (photo by Chrome Entertainment) 
Source: Yahoo Celebrity

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.21em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Min Young to cast in a new drama called 'High School Love - Love On'

20140528093446_53852f25dc8f2_1.jpg

Kim Min Young is casting in a new drama called 'High School - Love On'.

On May 28th, actress Kim Min Young's management agency told that Kim Min Young is going to cast in KBS' new drama, 'High School - Love On', as a girl named Na Young Eun.

Na young Eun is a gangster girl of Chunguk High School, who bullies Seul Bi(to be played by Kim Sae Ron). She has got a major crush on Sung Yeol(Lee Sung Yeol), but she feels too shy to even talk to him.

Kim Min Young recently casted in channel tvN's 'MONSTAR' with Ha Yeon Soo, Yong Jun Hyung, and Kang Ha Neul, and she drew many people's attention with great vocal skills and acting. She also made special appearances on SBS 'Wonderful Day', 'Gang Gu Story', KBS 'Expect Love', and tvN's 'Reply 1994'.

Meanwhile, 'High School - Love On' will show a story of an angel who became a human while trying to save a boy from a trouble, and it will premiere in June.

Source: Yahoo Entertainment

Guest Jesiica

I'm very excited for this drama so hard I feel that will be a great drama can not wait for their updates  Lee Shi Hoo He will play the role as the dude who will have a crush or will like Woohyun's character in High School. it`s true? i found this on twitter  

Archived