[Drama 2013/2014] A Well Grown Daughter/ One Well-Raised Daughter/ 잘 키운 딸 하나

uglypearl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pV4aJkFGaA&feature=share&list=UU6erIDuvbOaAO-OT5rB2Xew&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wu_mjnXhI&feature=share&list=UU6erIDuvbOaAO-OT5rB2Xew&index=3
http://youtu.be/sQ7yCyeq5WA
http://youtu.be/f4qTcSim1eg

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone pay attention to the birthday scene. The picture that was taken was funny. Now JHM isn't retarded to were you could just put anything in front of her and she wouldn't know.   JHM isn't the the retarded one's it's ICR and her mom boy you really can tell the apple didn't fall from the tree there.  I guess Halmoni will want RG to hook up with DH sister. I think there will be sparks flying for HN and DH .Looks like ICR wants to try and set RH with SS heir (DH) but looks like she turned her down because of her own situation. Boy that mother is sure greedy. You think she try to have feeling for HN.  RG had a sabotage look on his face.
QuestionWhat do wine tasting and soy sauce have in common. is soy sauce also made from grapes.Someone please tell me.    

Uploaded by SBS:

Episode 13:

Cuts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pV4aJkFGaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEg9j6wIeE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu19MdIqjAs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wu_mjnXhI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ7yCyeq5WA

Episode 14 Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4qTcSim1eg
Next episode:
DoHyeon and RaHee's first meeting.
YoonChan is thinking about HaNa  doubting about HaNa's identity (curious if she's really a guy).
Halmeoni is visiting Seol's household and buttering up for DoEun.

From the shooting, he loosened HaNa's coat but that part didn't shown in this episode.
I wonder why they didn't show that part. Maybe they'll show that in the next episode. Maybe YoonChan really knows that she is a woman that's why he's doubting HaNa's identity.

Tune in for next episode. :)

Sorry about the delay, The net cafe where I go to lost then internet connection and and then the brownout happened in the area :(

@shaselai Thank you so much for episode 12 translation recap. :)
@Ldy Gmerm Thank you so much for the live recaps :)

This is one of my favourite episodes. Haha...it seems that HYC is starting to have an identity crisis..lol..I don´t speak Korean...but I believe that he asked at the end who the woman that was kneeling was, when he was told, that although she is pretty..that she is a man..lol...his face..he couldn´t believe that his instincs were wrong..lol..what I´ve seen from the preview..it seems that he asks her if she really is a man..lol  :)) poor guy

Since Ldy  has been giving great recaps I will  try to fill in the blanks  instead of repeating everything again. And people can ask more questions to clarify things.
Recap 13:YC finds HN first then DH finds him. He starts calling for ambulance but she tells him she can't go to the hospital and thanks him. HM is being sneaky talking out loud (i swear she's gonna be HN's downfall) that she needs to close the door and avoid CCTV when washing HN's clothes. She gets a call from HN and rushes to get her. HN tells HM she's alright but HM tells her HN is saying that just because she can't go to the hospital and don't want HM to worry.  HM then wonders who is the prince who rescued the little mermaid (HN)  and HN thinks back and says "he's pretty handsome".
DH gets into the office for the SS TF group for the HS soy sauce project. There are 3 of them, DH, YC and some other guy. DH and the other intern are same age while YC is 3 years older. they all don'tknow eachother.
GP meets with the group. GP says usually they don't collaborate with other companies BUT this project is geared toward in making HS Soy Sauce world number 1 so he is very excited about the opportunity. He gets interrupted by the ingredient manager about mold growing (20 something blocks) and he wants to see the "dragon sauce handbook". It is  a legendary book passed down by generations and it had a case that is similar to the red dot mold. It is a bad omen and there was one instance where the storage was on fire the same day of the eclipse.  The secretary asks whether they can't make soy sauce this year - GP says maybe their current stock is already worthless. He thinks the sun is becoming weaker which signifies the heir being weaker too so he must select one soon to avoid this problem.
CR celebrates HM's birthday but HM is not happy since only 2 of them. HM feels it is ingenous so she can't be happy about staged birthdays.  HN comes in and tell CR that HM celebrates her birthday on the solar calendar not lunar calendar(koreans do, chinese as well, not sure other asian countries). HN can't find the fish lock and HM is worried that HN might get hurt and perhaps the prince took it.
GP asks the progress of HN& RG and he tells him they did 3 out of 11 lessons and are on the smell test. Secretary says their relationship seems to be ok since the HS incident. GP asks how they have prepared - HN is hesitant while RG is confident. GP tells them the test will be the next day and he will personally be the examiner.
HS and HM roots for HN and tells HN that they will only eat HN's soy sauce once she passes all 11 tests. CR and JS checking out a list of suitors for RH. RH rejects bluntly and tells CR he aims higher, Either SS or AK corporation will fit her fine. JS says even if RH is a granddaughter of HS soy sauce it will still be difficult for a marriage between these 2 groups. (WOW even JS is being realistic here)
The interns are at work and talking about the competition. It will be held at Shanghai and it will the first time for korea. YC seems to be the lead here. YC thinks that HN is a girl because he asked a passerby if he seen a girl carrying a box.  JS catches  DE trying to go over the door and walks her to pay her for her damaged bag and to go to jail.  JS and DE fights calling eachother no manners and old fashioned. JS complains to CR but interrupted by money i mean SS lawyer.  JS asks the policeman to reconfirm and the policeman tells JS that she is the daughter of SS group chairman to SEE HER BROTHER WHO IS ALSO WORKING THERE. JS says "jackpot". 
GP comes and take them to the real test site. He says if pass they get to the next step otherwise repeat this test. YC asks one of the employees who the girl kneeling is and he laughs telling him it is ES, one of the heirs. He is surprised?
Preview:
YC: It's a guyDH: What are you thinking about? Is it about women?YC:women?Some guy: so that's why it feels like a being in love the first time.JS: I have a big discovery! I am heading out.Policeman: She wants to introduce her son.Maid: Your dead daughter(-_-) reminds you of our lady E?JS: So this is SS group. The home where our RG will marry into?YC: Are you a man?HN: what?!YC: Are you a man?HN: There's another reason I have a heavy heart. That is because I am a woman.

Wow JS is unbelievable and also i was wrong about RH - granted some of it is from snippets of yesterday's preview so it was MISLEADING. RH seems to be materialistic like her family tree as well.. I don't know if people seen Oh Ja RYong is coming but I hope JS and CR ends up worse than the ajumma did. The evil Ajumma in that drama ended up from riches to selling snack foods on the street... 

I still have few minutes left in the net cafe before my time logs out in the net cafe.

HaNa thinks  DoHyeon is the one who saved her and she'll start to fall in love with him.
When HaMyeong said about HaNa being the the Little Mermaid, I think it's the other way around.
HaNa is the prince and YoonChan is the mermaid. In The tale (not the Disney one), it's the Little Mermaid  who saved the prince and the prince mistakenly thought a princess rescued him, the prince falls in love with the princess and it ended sadly for the Little Mermaid.
I hope it won't happen with this drama.
When will YoonChan return the key to HaNa?

@shaselai Thank you so much for the translation recaps. :)

I leave for a bit and come back to so much going on!!!

@uglypearl thanks so much for providing the great cuts and scenes from the episode. It helps me later make sure I did see what I typed. LOL...

@shaselai your recap  filled in all the blanks for me it is awesome as ever!!!!

@valvasa maybe there is some made from grapes (I have no clue, interesting if it is.)  but I think it is more of the processes of using the sense of taste and smell to distinguish the ingredients used to make the soy. Like wine you can tell how great a vintage is by the ingredients and fermentation not to mention how long and how it is aged (like the date on the Wine bottle.) So RaGong had a wine expert help hone his skills with distinguishing which ingredients were used.  , while JES has been doing it the old fashion and in my thoughts right way. Remember when HaNa and JHM did their taste test she said something about her samples being salty and that is why she wanted to check out the well water. The water seems to be the bases some how of making that soy sauce taste so great.

Yeah, unfortunately if anyone one thought that RaHee was a little more removed then her greedy mom,granny and brother then it was a fleeting one. The apple does not fall far from the tree. She is just a little more refined with hers. She wants the same things she just goes about it a different way.

SDH does not seem the type to fall for a haughty girl. I wonder if RaHee's demeanor will put him off and with him not fawning over her she starts to go after him? We know RaHee and RaGong have enough arrogance to fit a bath tube.I for one can not wait to see how the first meet between RaGong and SDH and HYC go as well.

I can not wait for SDH's sister to give them a little. She does not like granny and she can see something seems real fishy with her. The comical nerve to go and find out where they live and then show up at their house trying to match make for RaGong. Geez...

So the eclipse does have something to do with the mold issue. I thought that Gramps looked really anxious when reading that ancestral account. My question is how does not currently having an appointed Master/Heir fall into the equation or fix the problem? So if they pass they move to the next round but if they fail they have to start again. He is serious about one of them becoming the Master. It would seem that they may not be able to make soy sauce if this continues, does it seem to anyone that perhaps there are a series of events that happen during the time of the eclipse or is it that different things happen every time the eclipse shows up?

Someone mentioned HYC having his idenity crises (ROFLOL) oh yeah he is. JES/HaNa is just too darn cute. I agree with who ever said above that we did not really get the entire scene, perhaps HYC only did loosen JES outer coat to help with breathing.  JES is just very small in stature not to mention he felt the softness of his/her body when he caught her. But I think he is spot on with his intuition. LOL, at his amazed look to be told he is a guy name Jang Eun Sung. Just from the preview we can tell he is not swallowing that (so far the only one ever that smart. OK, yeah I know everyone else believed the DNA test.). Did she really admit it or was it her saying it in her head before she smiled at him at the end of the preview? If she didn't admit it aloud then will he resolve to change teams lol like in Coffee Prince or even in Hana Kimi ? I can say lol if no one knows for awhile it will look really funny for this ultra macho guy to be hanging out with flower boy JES..  When will he give her back the lock? Where oh where is the next episode!!!!!

I want those other Granddaughters to come back. I really feel that RaHee should not be given a chance to marry into that family. She is not on the register and should not be a part of the arranged marriage.

Hopefully with so many episodes they will bring them back.

@shaselai

about preview

'So this is SS group. The home where our RG will marry into?'

I guess not RG rather RH just because today RH was adamant that she want marry to SS or AK group and it seems they dont know about arranged marriage between two family.

It's both js going to target. She sees jackpot in DE So she wanted to introduce her grandson to DE and mentioned How DE looks like her dead daughter. She does know DH is also hidden as an SS worker since the policeman told her.

@Valvasa

In relation to the winetasting teacher I think that also involves the sense of smell...like a lot of wine conniseur smell before tasting and could detect age and flavor?

I expect HN to fail the test as she has not had a chance to experiment with the water yet at least we know. As for RG I expect him to pass with flying colors but will fail to give a good explanation on how he achieve it and might make gp furious.

@uglypearl, @shaselai, @Ldy Gmerm, @dexter8010.
I personally like to thank you   For all the wonderful insight as well as comments and question that has been given in this drama.  It's you guy's that keeps this drama interesting for me and always wanting more of this drama with the anticipation of i can't wait for the next episode to come. I find myself going to this drama first thing in the morning.  So Guy's Big Group Hug To All Of Us.        

I like this drama and it is my current next favorite after Prime Minister and I, even though the plot is full of flaws.  First,  I don't understand how GP allows the evil sister into the household when they are not even remotely related, not to mention she is illegitimate and he does not know who the father is.  As far as the marriage to SS group's heir, there are still the true granddaughters overseas. Also, as someone already pointed out, she is not in the family registry.

GP is not a nice person, abandoning his daughter in law and grandchildren just like that.  There is not even once he shows any regrets for his action.  He is the one responsible for the ultimate downfall of his soy sauce empire. It is karma that he ends up with the evil step mother and her family.

I hope the evil stepmother and her mother stay more comical.  I  don't think I can handle the turn of a light cheery drama into a very heavy serious one after Princess Aurora.

valsava said: @uglypearl, @shaselai, @Ldy Gmerm, @dexter8010.
I personally like to thank you   For all the wonderful insight as well as comments and question that has been given in this drama.  It's you guy's that keeps this drama interesting for me and always wanting more of this drama with the anticipation of i can't wait for the next episode to come. I find myself going to this drama first thing in the morning.  So Guy's Big Group Hug To All Of Us.        

@Ldy Gmerm,   I to agree on everything that you said in regards to YC and HN. Our guy seems to be a real deep thinker to were they try to read everything about a person in a first contact and sometimes seems over analyse the situation.  Also he's a mystery to he's a lonely sort of a person with no background information about who he really is and were he comes from.  Like he drop down from the sky in front of chairman and his life began.               
                                                    Who is he really ?  

valsava said: @Ldy Gmerm,   I to agree on everything that you said in regards to YC and HN. Our guy seems to be a real deep thinker to were they try to read everything about a person in a first contact and sometimes seems over analyse the situation.  Also he's a mystery to he's a lonely sort of a person with no background information about who he really is and were he comes from.  Like he drop down from the sky in front of chairman and his life began.               
                                                    Who is he really ?  

Archived