Quantcast
firstnadya007

SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

13 hours ago, Fanny said:

I really hope that they're real but deep down I don't think they're ( because of what KJK said once I don't remember when exactly but he mentioned one time that he'd never go near a bro's ex. I'm not really sure how tight was he with Gary but I got the feeling that he was referencing SJH. Plus that one time when he said about SJH  that she's the whole package until you learn her history. I think he was referencing her past relationships especially that she has been linked to more than one of RM cast.

Though I am entertained by the two, I absolutely believe, objectively, that Monday Couple have never been a thing else other than a TV show loveline.  

11 hours ago, mn0096 said:

...but until SA reveal either way, shipping them requires strong faith and a stronger stomach. Riding the SA roller coaster is quite a challenge, LOL, so be patient. 

LOL omo so, so true.  And I've only been on this ship for less than 2 (?) months.  

On 11/11/2019 at 2:07 AM, Fanny said:

I really hope that they're real but deep down I don't think they're ( because of what KJK said once I don't remember when exactly but he mentioned one time that he'd never go near a bro's ex.

Before I sailed the Spartace cruise, I was just a RM fan waiting for every Tuesday (the eng subs were quite late back then) for another episode of betrayals, games and hilarity. I have enjoyed the MC and on my stand point as a non-SA shipper during those times, I have never imagined JH and KG being "together-together", if you know what I mean. :sweatingbullets: They were just one of those cute lovelines needed to spice up a variety show. With this reasoning, I am confident that wouldn't be an issue for JK to pursue Gary's "on-screen partner". 

We have little, almost non-existent SA moment for this week's episode but that didn't diminish any SA screentime. It was loveable (sarangseurowo ♪♫♪) how JK pushed for Se Chan and Ji Hyo to play first (after JK's group was done) on the 'drop the tray' game ~ just because he wants to see them play and for JH unnie's fans to see her too. It was cute. The games and guests were hilarious too. Can't wait for next week, hopefully we will be blessed with ANY, ANY SA moment at all. :D

• Like 3

[Referring to the "meet a lifetime partner", Kim Jong Kook said surprisingly : "earlier this year, I had tried hard to find my lifetime partner ."]

Two possibilities I can think of:

- He is subtly referring to Spartace, as his loveline with SJH is the only romantic endeavour known to public that took place earlier this year. I generally believe that, in all these shows, they stick to events and details about their lives that have already been shared somehow or make sense within the boundaries of their projected personalities, and rarely deviate via references to personal matters only known to their immediate environment. This is also one of the reasons I disagree with the soap-opera notion that wants SJH dedicating a goodbye poem to him in episode 471.  So, if he is being honest, I don't think he is talking about affairs no one really suspects of, cause he has no reason to reveal to the audience more about himself. In that sense, linking early 2019 to his love life, falls under the "paving the road for Spartace" scenario that several Spartace fans have suggested. The RM production may have entertained the idea of a romantic relationship for ratings and SBS couple award aspirations, but for SA themselves, consistent, subtle implications throughout 2019 help with the building up of a future reveal and excuse all the fake romantic involvements prior to that. Even if KJK's next line is "...but I failed to find one", it still won't downplay the "preparing the fans" narrative, as no one really expects him to confirm the end of his bachelorhood via a talk show, therefore the rest of his answer at worst will be negative, at best vague and open to interpretations.

- I may be rushing ahead of myself since this is only a snippet and we don't know the conclusion, but it's quite possible the quote above and whatever else follows just conform with his public image as a sought after, family-oriented hunk who craves to get married and there's no scoop or anything deeper into it. Those options ("lifetime health", "meet a lifetime partner" etc.) seem very tailored to the cast, so I won't be surprised if KJK's mention of early 2019 has no special meaning and it's just his reprising the eternal bachelor role once again. This doesn't disprove Spartace, obviously KJK can be in a relationship with SJH or any other woman and keep claiming his attempts at finding a lifetime partner turned out fruitless, however it may stand as the beginning of a new series of justifications, in case there's no actual official dating/marriage plan for 2020 even though it has been implied several times. In that sense, KJK succeeds in both staying true to his word towards the fans about trying hard to find a partner in 2019, and perpetuating his bachelor image. Anyway, we'll have to wait for the whole episode, perhaps something interesting will come out of it.

Of course, everyone is free to believe that neither of the above possibilities is valid and that, instead, KJK is being completely honest in his claims of being single all this time and trying hard to find a partner in early 2019 as promised right in front of the cameras, with none of said tries being related to Spartace, but I think earth being flat has more chances to be real than such a belief. :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 11/11/2019 at 1:07 AM, Fanny said:

really hope that they're real but deep down I don't think they're ( because of what KJK said once I don't remember when exactly but he mentioned one time that he'd never go near a bro's ex.

even after re-watching old rm eps, i still couldn't find anything or any moments that convince me that gary and sjh was dating during mc era.

zero.nothing.

i wouldn't be here if i found one, though.

Plus that one time when he said about SJH  that she's the whole package until you learn her history. 

if you remember, in that ep, sjh was playing the character of a member of a idol's group. 

i believe, when kjk said that, he' referring to sjh's time when she's in junior/high school time, whose pics was all over the internet. 

imagine if a member of a girl band who's pretty, nice, sexy, etc (a complete package, as kjk have said), turn out to be a gangster during her highschool day. wouldn't it be an interesting/funny story ?

Also SJH's letter made me think  that perhaps they were a couple in the past and I got the feeling that she's still hung up on him while he's moved on because it seems like SJH is always the one initiating SA moments lately. What do you think?

trust me, i have had that kind of relation with my ex-gf.

after we break up, we're still close friend, and we have an agreement, if one of us crossing the line (try to flirt, getting to close, etc), the other one would immediately give warning.

if sjh tried to hung up to kjk,  do you think kjk wouldn't say anything to her ?

and if somehow what you said is true (they break up), sjh is not that desperate to still clung to kjk anyway. she's a really tough girl.......

between sjh and kjk, although both are shy person, sjh is the more carefree one. so i didn't found it weird if sjh often innitiate SA moments.

and when finally came the moment when kjk innitiate it, all hell break loose.

do you remember when kjk said "yeobo" to sjh ?

• Like 9

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4u3Yv-hOOp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

i found this video a while back.. and watch the full episode of 1st video: Happy Together with Turbo & etc. 

it's peak my curiosity who is that ex-gf that JK talking about.. any idea guys ?

the episode itself aired on 2016, and when the MC ask him, he answer spontanously 'a year ago'.. while he clarify his word when YJS angry that he doesn't know anything about JK dating. 

and we (spartace fan) sometime make speculation about JK & JH dating around 2013 or 2015, based on their unconscious closeness and skinship on screen in various eps at that time. 

it remind me of an episode in BP when some PD mentioned JH presence in KB, JK ask about it. and HH mentioned JK curious cause 'their' Break upset him or something.. (JK and JH break up?)

all the talk on eps above make me think that maybe they 'were' dating. but in previous year or so.. maybe they take a break or even break up now (huh?!). it's confusing.

anyone could help clear me up some answer?

11 hours ago, Fitria Ainurrohmah said:

it's peak my curiosity who is that ex-gf that JK talking about.. any idea guys ?

IMO, we should not speculate about anyone else outside of SA. While it’s fine for us to respectfully ship KJK and SJH together since that is the purpose of this thread, we don’t want to contribute to or start rumors especially if the “ex” is a celeb. If you guys want to speculate, please take your discussions off the thread perhaps by using DM or other private means. 

JK and JH break up?

Not in my opinion, but feel free to disagree. If anyone really wants to discuss this subject, please put it under spoilers. DM is also an option. Thanks. 

it's confusing.

Yes, it is. IMO, that’s half the fun of shipping SA. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fitria Ainurrohmah said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4u3Yv-hOOp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

i found this video a while back.. and watch the full episode of 1st video: Happy Together with Turbo & etc. 

the episode itself aired on 2016, and when the MC ask him, he answer spontanously 'a year ago'.. while he clarify his word when YJS angry that he doesn't know anything about JK dating. 

and we (spartace fan) sometime make speculation about JK & JH dating around 2013 or 2015, based on their unconscious closeness and skinship on screen in various eps at that time. 

it remind me of an episode in BP when some PD mentioned JH presence in KB, JK ask about it. and HH mentioned JK curious cause 'their' Break upset him or something.. (JK and JH break up?)

all the talk on eps above make me think that maybe they 'were' dating. but in previous year or so.. maybe they take a break or even break up now (huh?!). it's confusing.

anyone could help clear me up some answer?

KJK very proud of his long-lasting relationship, and i remember he mention 2 that is 5 and 6 years one. Anyone remember when KJK mention his relationship are long time but only mention it once ? i think that is before running man or the beginning of RM.

I only know recently he has 2 long-lasting one.  Probably he is lying about that one in happy together, that's why YJS teasing him.  Even if he has short one, i doubt it's more than one.

There was time when he openly said his ideal type YEH and explicitly like her. I dont know if they dated , but 1 of those 2 long-lasting relationship was with chae rina of roora which ended with her cheating on him. but the 2nd one probably within last 10 year lol. and recently KJK mentioned her ex getting married, and chae rina getting married few years ago. So 1st ex cleared, now 2nd ex is what i dont know.

Haha teased kjk about meeting ex in broadcast recently.

And he said shouldnt his ex never appear in a show together and they should avoid each other. and i'm still trying to find chae rina recent variety program lol. Because if KJK & YEH appear together that would like set a big wave in korean entertainment news lol.

Which make me wonder Does RM really what make spartace never date. 

I don't know how to tag someone but I'd like to thank everyone who responded and helped me clarify the point with Gary.

I think that 2019 has been a tough year for us SA shippers. I almost gave them up but here I'm again shipping patiently and this forum is just what I needed. 

I remember the time when I first believed they were a couple. It was a video captured by a fan camera in 2017 during a fan meet (I think the one they had in Taipei). When SJH had troubles with her mic and KJK helped her until he made sure everything was alright and when he ran to take the box she was carrying. I thought only a man in love would pay so much attention to a woman. I was a fan of SJH originally and paid little attention to KJK. He was just a macho commander in my head (as often displayed in RM) but after this incident I started noticing that he's also a kind and generous person. Maybe that's just how he is because I can see him recently become very supportive and nice to JSM. Maybe one day RM will end and SA will end up with different people but this ship will always be real for me (for all of us I hope) because even if he was just a close kind oppa who was always there for SJH that's enough for me. Their chemistry is real. Their love ( even if not romantic)is real. Their interactions and teasing is what I like most about RM. I wish them love and happiness. I wish they would always be there for each other.

Edited by Fanny
  • Like 4

@Bonardo couldn't stop smiling seeing JK shy smile to RM video of his & JH mock fight :lol: and JK-JH subtly (bumping each other) interaction in stage:D

@Fanny what JK-Jh have is precious right? 9 years deep friendship/family bond. whatever the label of their relationship in the end.. they already are each other 'Significant Other' who always there for each other 

• Like 3

On 11/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, Bonardo said:

Probably he is lying about that one in happy together

If you tracked down all the times he said on public broadcasts about when he is or is not single, they just don't add up. Those statements just can't be all true, it's physically not possible.

I'm glad the fans shared this again cause I couldn't remember on which IG account I had originally seen it.

• Like 6

Ep 475

24:55 - KJK looks uncomfortable when KG is mentioned.

29:43 - When JSJ gives a pep talk to SJH, YJs turns to KJK and puts a hand on his shoulder

41:50 - When KJK says something stupid, SJH hits him with her hammer and says "Yah"

1:00:53 - SJH tells her story about her boyfriend watching her instead of the movie, and then KJK tells his story about wanting to watch his gf. Their stories feel a bit like the boyfriend girlfriend version of each other (I could 100% see KJK acting like the boyfriend in SJH's story.) SJH also stares out the window and isn't particularly interactive when KJK is talking about how he tells his gf he only takes pictures of pretty things. Rather than complain like everyone else, she covers her mouth with her hand and stares out the window.

1:02:02 - I thought this was funny. When HH mimics the "I only take pictures of pretty things" like. SJH complains that that's now how you do it and the tone is wrong. Lol, because she's the expert?

1:07:23 - You can hear KJK encouraging SJH and telling her to let it go during the tray game

1:08:00 - the editors show a clip of KJK laughing at SJH and JSJ's spat over the tray

• Like 7

Ep 476

4:34 - When the first door speaks, KJK wonders if it's SJH. I've talked about this before, but I think there's a behind the scenes joke that SJH is the fox (from the tiger and the fox's wedding day), so I thought it was interesting that KJK immediately thought the person behind the fox door was SJH.

6:11 - YJS asks if the person is SJH, and KJK (our handy SJH detector) says that SJH wouldn't talk like that. 

7:03 - When they figure out who SJH is, YJS taps KJK's arm, KJK grins and asks if she lives in Mapo. Then when she answers, he says it's SJH. He teases her by saying the response isn't good

improv so it's got to be SJH lol.

1:09:20 - KJK says he wants to see how YSC and SJH do in the quiz

1:12:11 - KJK says they need to get to SJH for the quiz because her fans are waiting. JSJ then says he's her fan during quizzes and KJK agrees. Side note: I've noticed that JSJ will often jump into spartace moments to hide the coupleish nature of their interactions. Like when KJK and SJH were celebrating with only each other when SJH own the other team at ddakji. This moment kind of reminded me of that where KJK was focusing on SJH too much, so JSJ felt the need to step in and say he's a SJH fan during quizzes.

1:12:24 - When SJH says coffee is a dessert she dislikes, KJK puts his arm around HH and laughs. 

1:13:06 - We get another solo shot of "SJH's fan" laughing at her freshwater fish response

1:13:45 - KJK then mimics her "I like...freshwater fish".  Such a devoted fan.

1:15:10 - When SJH answers again, HH gets up and you can see KJK is holding on to HH while laughing again

1:15:25 - When JSM is commenting that SJH has to be the spy, KJK leans over to say something about SJH to her. We don't hear it, but I wouldn't be surprised if KJK was saying SJH really is that bad at quizzes. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Also, I kind of suspect KJK and SJH wanted to introduce their love line this year so they had a story to give the audience about how they started dating. I don't believe they'll ever publicly admit to when they actually started dating (because likely they were dating during MC, during SJH's WGM outing, and during the KJK-HJY love line). Spartace is a loveline on RM, but it's not given nearly as much attention as say YSC and JSM, and because I think the spartace love line serves a purpose of being "see this is how they got together" rather than a character-building/ratings boosting love line. Hence why the editors can let spartace love line fall to the wayside now, because the foundations for the loveline have already been established and they just need to show genuine moments between spartace now and again to keep it in the back of everyone's minds.  

So KJK talking about how he looked at the beginning of the year, hints to me that he's following this story. He started looking at the beginning of the year, then SJH pursued him (or made her interest known, etc.) and so he's no longer looking. That's my impression from his comment anyway. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

Ep 477

40:28 - SJH says "I should have been the arctic fox." This goes along with my earlier theory that SJH being the fox to KJK's tiger is an ongoing joke.

43:19 - When YJS realizes SJH is the forbidden animal, he calls for KJK.

45:51 - KJK says that he told them SJH was suspicious, so there may have been conversations earlier when KJK (our handy SJH detector) said she was acting suspicious.

Just a thing to note, KJK had no problem holding on to SJH when it came time to oust her and even held her in an incredible awkward position if she was someone he wasn't close with. Whereas when it came time to oust the female guest, KJK let the others do it (and was likely standing by SJH since they were both off camera)

48:55 - KJK comments "Look at SJH's hair" after SJH receives the penalty.

49:04 - KJK then asks :Are you okay?"after SJH receives the water bomb penalty

• Like 7