[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Spoiler

im not against to somin but i want to share my opinion about her, i think she is too much to handle. she wants all the attention to her. she is very different from jihyo. but i dont know maybe thats her personally but for me its too much.

im soo excited in the episode today, im just hoping that there is so many spartace moments , good vibes please:thumbsup: ..

• Like 1

Apparently there are no spartace moments. And seems like the part about Somin's mom was actually started by jk hyung himself since he thanked her mom for attending his concert. And jaesuk hyung was teasing jk hyung for always leaving comments on somin's ig. I just hope he won't start with the so called kookmin couple teasing from now om since it is cringeworthy seeing jk hyung being paired with one female member to the next back and forth :huh:

Spoiler

I wrote this before the episode even finished airing because I'm already frustrated with the way the PD's creates the games lately. The games are created with the main betrayers in mind leaving the others to disappear during the episode.

In the first game (which imo was was a huge waste of time) I assume they're supposed to not spend the amount of money the members are given as a group but slowly each members starts buying items spending the money. The ones who have the less screen time during this segment are the ones who are actually playing by the rules. I could tell the PD's were trying to show the male guest during this segment but because he never bought anything it was only for short period of times and the second JK stopped buying items we never saw him again. Is this a joke? the ones who play your game the way they're told get penalized?

During the second segment  the only time we saw Jihyo was when she gets outed and sometimes they'd cut to her with the other outed members. Mostly because LKS was there (for his mission) had LKS not been there I don't think they would even care about the other members. 

I used to look past this ridiculousness because at least we'd get some spartace moments to fangirl about but they're almost non-existent lately.

^ don't read if you don't want to get spoiled. 

7 minutes ago, spartaceluv98 said:

Apparently there are no spartace moments. And seems like the part about Somin's mom was actually started by jk hyung himself since he thanked her mom for attending his concert. And jaesuk hyung was teasing jk hyung for always leaving comments on somin's ig

From what I could tell the members never teased them romantically like did with SA. Of course I'd have to wait for the subs to be 100% percent but yeah I'd advise people who get easily frustrated at these types of things to skip this episode and get ready to block accounts on ig because s*min and jk accounts are going to have a field day with this one.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CI0 said:

From what I could tell the members never teased them romantically like did with SA.

i agree. the whole conversation seems normal and friendly imo. they were talking about their recent SNS chemistry and there's nothing wrong with that, it was funny. also, YJS mentioned about their age gap or something. perhaps this is the reason that KJK is not qualified to be the SIL. the scene went by so fast, need to double check it again when the RAW is out. on the 2nd pic below, RM keeps emphasizing their siblings chemistry by adding the (jong)kook & (so)min siblings SNS chemi caption. anyway, like @CI0 said, just block all the annoying accounts guys.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spartaceluv98 said:

@CI0 and @kookiemongg thank you so much for explaining. Yes, i think he did say something along the lines of age gap. Somin's mother wants him to be her son in law but he does not qualify because he is too old for her daughter since they have 10 years age gap.

Just to clarify, was it JSM, YJS, or JSM's mom who said this? Because someone said it was YJS which strikes me as a weird thing to say because LKS is also in a relationship with someone 10 years younger than him. 

Anyway, I haven't  seen it but I'm not reading good reviews about this ep from SA shippers and fans of the two who are not shippers. Though I do appreaciate that once again they made a clarification about not starting a loveline with kookmin. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, heynell said:

Just to clarify, was it JSM, YJS, or JSM's mom who said this? Because someone said it was YJS which strikes me as a weird thing to say because LKS is also in a relationship with someone 10 years younger than him. 

Anyway, I haven't  seen it but I'm not reading good reviews about this ep from SA shippers and fans of the two who are not shippers. Though I do appreaciate that once again they made a clarification about not starting a loveline with kookmin. 

I think it was jsm's mom who said this. Something like she does want him as a son in law but somehow he doesnt qualify because he is too old

I guess the Running Man family are taking it low for now (the teasing and spartace moments). In my opinion, we must hold on to Haha (for giving subtle hints about the Song Ji hyo- Kim Jong Kook's friendship) and Song Ji Hyo (for fearlessly 'declaring' and hinting he likes KJK). Though I keep reading some so min-kim jong kook posts in IG and it's kinda uncomfortable reading such. Anyway, we all have the freedom of expression but there is a thin line between the acceptable and too much. 

I really hope there will be more spartace moments in the future episodes or spartace moments beyond Running Man. 

By the way, I have a spartace one-shot (I will be updating tomorrow) :  https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1400410/yumi-is-coming-home-a-one-shot

(I am still writing an ongoing spartace story entitled "Family Man".)

Happy shipping everyone. Take care  :) 

• Like 5

https://www.soompi.com/article/1320646wpp/running-man-cast-shares-how-jun-so-mins-mother-wanted-kim-jong-kook-as-her-son-in-law

This is from soompi B) I hope nothing happen between soomin and jongkook. We wait for subtitle tomorrow what they are talking about. But recently in rm episode dont have any spartace moment (only little) but as a spartace shipper, i always support them no matter what happen as if they dont end up together in real life, I will support them as individual, but if spartace getting married one day. Im a happiest person because our ship is sailling and our dreams turn into reality. As long as kjk dont announce anything about his married or relationship, we just keep praying and supporting them forever :kiss_wink:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Falah Haziq said:

running-man-cast-shares-how-jun-so-mins-mother-wanted-kim-jong-kook-as-her-son-in-law

This is from soompi B) I hope nothing happen between soomin and jongkook. We wait for subtitle tomorrow what they are talking about. But nowadays episode dont have any spartace moment (only little) but as a spartace shipper, i always support them no matter what happen as individual if they dont end up together in real life, but if spartace getting married one day. Im a happiest person because our ship is sailling. Keep praying and happy shipping guys. :kiss_wink:

I think soompi deleted it. :D By the way although there is no spartace interaction today atleast they are together that time. Hehehe. I dont understand what happened to that kookmin because i just realized when jihyo act how he likes joong kook in running man episodes so min is doing that also. I dont know but joong kook lovelife is unquestionable hahahahahaha, but for me as long As joong kook and song jihyo are happy, whoever the couple is . I will support them. But if they are the real couple i will be the happiest person in the whole universe :D

• Like 5

I'm watching the particular part of the opening in Chinese subs and try to translate it here (on-screen text in brackets)

<!> It will sound a little like broken English because I am trying to keep as close to the Chinese subs by translating word for word without changing the meaning when translating to English <!>

Since this is just about the opening segment and does not reveal anything about the outcome of the race I am not putting it under spoiler

HH: Didn't Somin's mother come too? (At the time when Jaesuk is radiating impulse, the "impulse" mother and daughter appears  didn't Somin's mother come too?)

KJK: Somin's parents both came!

JSM: Both my parents came (The source of impulse and talent, enjoying the concert with her parents is "impulse" So-body)

KJK: Both her parents came

JSM: Because both of them are fans

KJK: Aunt [JSM's mom] is too beautiful, I was surprised (First time meeting, JSM's mom is really beautiful)

JSM: Thanks

YJS: After seeing Jongkook's performance, aunt is a little ... ((Aunt) After seeing Jongkook's performance)

YJS: Is a little....to Jongkook, be our son-in-law (Chosen to be Somin's partner?! Had a shock finally because of "age"...)

YJS: Finally because the age gap is a little....

KJK: Age is a little too big ("Aunt, I will be a good oppa in "My Ugly Duckling")

KJK: But no matter what, the first thing is to enter Somin's mother's heart

YJS: That's right

YJS: Why is it recently Jongkook likes to leave comments in Somin's SNS (Looking at it this way, Jongkook is recently concerned with Somin's SNS? There's no way of just brushing past [without doing anything])

JSM: Particularly happy, oppas are constantly leaving comments

KJK: There's no way of just brushing past [without doing anything]

YJS: Ahh, cannot just leave it as it is

KJK: <nods> Yeah, one essay after another (Somin's SNS how should I put it...?)

LKS: Jongkook hyung is particularly not accustomed to seeing this style (Attention emotional essays = style which is particularly poking in the eye)

YJS: Jongkook's character is he cannot carry on seeing/reading

KJK: Somin tends to have themes which attract critique (SNS which attract critique(Fists?) VS SNS is my creative space)

JSM: It's sort of my creative space

KJK: What did you write? What?

YJS: When I become someone's world, that will be spring (For example, uploaded this type of emotional essay...)

YSC: (tapping JSM's arm) Did you write that?

JSM: Isn't it cool? I wrote that

KJK: (reading from YJS's card) When I become someone's world, that will be spring (Unable to comprehend what is this about?)

JSM: What is the message of the writer? (Let me explain)

JSJ: Who is the writer?

JSM: That's me, that's me (To say what the writer(=me)'s message is)

JSM: The purpose of my creation is, the real spring isn't the spring that comes after the cycle of four seasons

JSM: (screen turns to flowers) it's when I fall in love, and become someone's world, then that's the real spring. Isn't that cool? (Between lovers, if they become each other's everything, the world would turn warm like "spring")

YJS: But here kjk76 says ... (But, "kjk76" who came upon this post)

YJS: What are you talking about? (kjk76 what are you talking about?)

JSM: Oppa oppa! (Attack of ice water, destroyer of emotions, ID: kjk76)

YJS: Don't know who it is! (Freedom of being anonymous, don't know who it is! Don't know who it is)

YJS: Born in 1976, kjk76 says (K J K 76 Kim Jong Kook is born in 76)

YJS: What are you talking about? 

YJS: Also, you entered into my frame (Also, in another one of Somin's emotional post)

YJS: Here, kjk76 says "Ha~~~~" (kjk76 ha.....2nd wave icewater attack)

YSC: Is it with that kind of tone? The tone (Seems to be familiar, is it with that kind of tone?)

YJS: Yes yes, isn't it obvious at first glance?

KJK: I'm too lazy even to say it (kjk76 confesses I'm too lazy even to say it)

YJS: Ha~~~ really, really not accustomed to seeing this (Emotions out, replacing "words" using the "body" to the full, is kjk76's SNS)

YJS: But, kjk76 and our Somin (But, kjk76 and Jeon Somin)

HH: have great chemistry

YJS: Have great SNS chemistry (Jongkook&Somin siblings, SNS reverse chemistry, although they haven't followed each other for long)

LKS: Although haven't followed for long

JSM: Really not for long, one month (Reverse of critique chemistry, we are one month SNS companions)

JSJ: Got close together very quickly (Full chemistry on SNS and real life, in this harmonious atmosphere)

PD: In this harmonious atmosphere, Running Man, today we have some guests

Since I haven't watched the rest of the episode yet, I am not sure of the purpose of this conversation. 

(NOTE: I have deleted the following line because I am not sure):-

I am not sure of the purpose of this conversation. At first glance I am wondering if he is trying to clear up any rumors with JSM (like he cleared it up with HJY) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Two things which stand out to me while watching it

The on-screen text saying "Chosen to be Somin's partner?! Had a shock finally because of "age"...

leads me to think that the person who finally failed KJK to be JSM's partner is JSM's mother.

But I can't decipher what he is trying to say by

"Age is a little too big but no matter what, the first thing is to enter Somin's mother's heart"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t watched the latest ep and won’t get a chance to for a while, but I’m intrigued enough about the latest “article” to jump in here. Pending subs, here are my preliminary thoughts:

1 hour ago, Cheii1416 said:

I think soompi deleted it.

The article is still there. For those of you who can’t access it, here’s the full text minus pictures. The bold part is the one we’re interested in: 

“In the April 28 episode of Running Man, the cast revealed how Jun So Min’s mother showed a particular interest in Kim Jong Kook.

Kim Jong Kook recently held his first solo concert in nine years. He commented, “Because I was holding a concert for the first time in nine years, Kwang Soo and So Min attended, and Se Chan performed with me. Jae Suk also came.”

Then, Kim Jong Kook joked, “Jae Suk got there three hours before the concert started. He asked, ‘Can I be the guest [performer]?’ and I said no. He ended up not doing [the performance], but he was caught dancing alone.”

In particular, Jun So Min attended Kim Jong Kook’s concert with her parents. Yoo Jae Suk shared, “I heard her mother is a fan [of Kim Jong Kook]. Her mother was beautiful. After watching Jong Kook’s performance, her mother said, ‘Become our son-in-law…,’ but because of the age gap, it’s a little bit…”

Despite this comment, Kim Jong Kook replied, “Anyways, So Min’s mother is now my avid fan.”

1 hour ago, Falah Haziq said:

I hope nothing happen between soomin and jongkook

IMO, there’s no substance to the article re: KookMin. With such a clickbait title (running-man-cast-shares-how-jun-so-mins-mother-wanted-kim-jong-kook-as-her-son-in-law), I expected more info, but nope. What the “article” referred to was barely 1/4 of the entire thing. 3/4 of that had nothing to do with KookMin. If this is all a “writer” can squeeze out of the interaction between KJK and JSM’s parents, someone’s really scraping dirt just to try to make some noise, LOL.

44 minutes ago, tiglon said:

I am not sure of the purpose of this conversation. At first glance I am wondering if he is trying to clear up any rumors with JSM (like he cleared it up with HJY) 

My thoughts exactly, especially given RM’s repeated emphasis about KookMin being “siblings.” I haven’t visited RM/SBS’s, KJK’s, or JSM’s IG accounts in a while, but I imagine the toxicity level must be at an all time high. There’s no escaping some of the more delusional posts, so this may be a way for KJK to clarify the situation between him and JSM. IMHO, he’s clearly family-zoning her. In contrast, we all know that while KJK has occasionally mumbled outside the show that he and SJH were co-workers, siblings, etc, he never directly addressed all the rumors on the show. SJH is the only one he’s “ignored” all these years, unlike some of his more popular LL partners. Does he like her less, or disrespect her more? I don’t think so. With SA, a public “negative” is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Let’s wait for the subs. Try your best to ignore trolls. More importantly, ship happily. Have a blessed day, everyone. :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

also, just a little fyi. i know it's not that important but i just want to let you guys know... anyway, i noticed that translators tend to leave some details. for example:

"kookmong couple (꾹멍 커플) translated as: Jong Kook Ji Hyo".

z46.png

"kookmin siblings (국민 남매) translated as: Jong Kook So Min".

z84.png

and so far, RM has been consistent with these captions. i mean, addressing SA as a couple and kookmin as siblings.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

I have edited the following line from my original post:

I am not sure of the purpose of this conversation. At first glance I am wondering if he is trying to clear up any rumors with JSM (like he cleared it up with HJY)

Because after reading the Soompi article, it translates what KJK said as "Anyways, So Min's mother is now my avid fan", which is different from what I saw in the Chinese subs "But no matter what, the first thing is to enter Somin's mother's heart"

To be really sure, I think we should get someone to translate directly from what he said in Korean.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tiglon said:

Because after reading the Soompi article, it translates what KJK said as "Anyways, So Min's mother is now my avid fan", which is different from what I saw in the Chinese subs "But no matter what, the first thing is to enter Somin's mother's heart"

@tiglon another translation: "but i still left an impression on somin's mother".

Edited by kookiemongg
i'll try to double check everything first
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kookiemongg said:

@tiglon another translation: "but i still left an impression on somin's mother".

Spoiler

I will put this under spoiler. Another more accurate translation i saw was "in any case, Somin's mother's heart has received an introduction to me... for now." Guys, i just need some reassurance. Why do i feel that jk hyung actually likes somin? From his recent antics of actively commenting in her ig to his words in the latest ep. He doesnt even bother to deny anything or at least say something like "she is like my sister/family", "stop it guys" like he always does when it comes to spartace. He even seems to be enjoying the teasing. And i wonder why the need for jaesuk hyung to bring up the "son in law" topic which i think wasn't required at all. Was it all scripted to start a new loveline? Because it started with haha mentioning somin's mother attended and jk stating actually both her parents attended and how beautiful somin's mother was and then came the "son in law" topic. 

I mean, if SA was real, i truly feel sorry for jihyo noona having to hear bf talking about how happy he was to have made an impression on another woman's mother.

If SA wasnt real and jk hyung really likes somin, i wish them all the best though. So sorry for the negativity guys 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1