[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I am totally not happy with the way the MBC PR Department is parcelling out these photos on such a measly basis!  Anyway, a nice composite shot provided by MBC from the Prayer Service held on 27 September 2013:

1381371008_585791_zps1db55162.jpg

(Credit: MBC TV "Empress KI' Prays at Ceremony via Nate.com)

Upcoming MBC TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Empress Ki’ held its prayer ceremony recently, where director Han Hee along with leading cast members like Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Jung Woong In, and others were all present to pray for the drama’s success.

Han Hee PD was the first to speak where he said, “I hope that everyone involved will work hard, and I want to say thank you to all.” Ha Ji Won who plays Empress Ki said, “I hope that every actor and staff will be able to create an uplifting and enjoyable working environment. The most important thing is that everyone can film their scenes smoothly and safely. I will do my best.”

Joo Jin Mo who is cast as Goryeo’s King Chunghye said, “This is my first time filming a lengthy 50 episode drama, so I feel the pressure. I hope everything will turn out well during filming.” Ji Chang Wook who plays Emperor Huizong of the Yuan Dynasty said, “As one of the youngest actors at the set, I will do well to heed all the advice from my seniors.”

The others then expressed their own thoughts, and most importantly prayed for the successful filming of the drama. Kwon Oh Jung said, “Ha Ji Won says we must create an uplifting work environment, so I am going to start dancing first,” and left everyone in laughter.

The drama depicts the loves and battles of Empress Ki who was born in Goryeo but later moves to Dadu (Beijing), and exercises her influence in the Yuan Dynasty. ‘Empress Ki’ will succeed ‘Jung Yi, Goddess of Fire’, and make its debut on October 28th.

D-19 AND COUNTING!!! :x :x :x

Guest niknokdagu425

What's with MBC why aren't they showing us any official stills and no any promotion about the drama yet.thanks to the korean fans and we get to see some bts,hoping for the great success of Empress Ki, Thanks for all the updates,by the what should we call ourselves here Empresses or EKers hehehe forgive my shallowness here I just can't wait any longer

Agree with @cherkell and @niknokdagu425 Don't MBC know that a new drama needs promotion to be successfull? Empress Ki is already criticized in Korea because it's changing the history. 18 days are missing and they said nothing about it, they didn't even try to explain. They don't show anything, not even one BTS still, they don't create any excitement for it, seems like they want it to fail. MBC is really a mess  #-o

pieracapozucca said: Agree with @cherkell and @niknokdagu425 Don't MBC know that a new drama needs promotion to be successfull? Empress Ki is already criticized in Korea because it's changing the history. 18 days are missing and they said nothing about it, they didn't even try to explain. They don't show anything, not even one BTS still, they don't create any excitement for it, seems like they want it to fail. MBC is really a mess  #-o

CherKell said: pieracapozucca said: Agree with @cherkell and @niknokdagu425 Don't MBC know that a new drama needs promotion to be successfull? Empress Ki is already criticized in Korea because it's changing the history. 18 days are missing and they said nothing about it, they didn't even try to explain. They don't show anything, not even one BTS still, they don't create any excitement for it, seems like they want it to fail. MBC is really a mess  #-o