[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

More BTS!  Granted, I'm no scholar of Korean History, but I've read enough so I can better understand this drama.  It looks like the production is shooting out of order, with the China scenes depicting Sunje's ascension to Emperor Huizong status, and Consort Ki being installed as Empress (possibly after she bore a son with Sunje).  The characters are dressed in royal Yuan-era robes, so we wouldn't see anything like this during his exile days in Goryeo (where the two meet for the first time).

There's already a bunch of online grumbling by the netizens over why Emperor Huizong is not sporting the 'pigtail' hairstyle (head one-third shaved with a long tuft of hair braided down his back) that was so common during the Yuan Empire.  Geesus people, it's only a TV show.  You should really just relax... 8-|

viewimage_zps699f63de.png

viewimage_zps01ce4c65.png
(Credit: flubber 1023 @ DC JCW)

It is always exiting to see pictures of Forbiden City... Wow its been 6 years whean I put my own feet ther O_o It's always make's me sentymental. Everything look's great! Cant wait! 

Guest hapha8714

aish... i hope they wont pull that "man is actually a woman" card. please no, please don't.... so tired of that cliche. why does ji-won looks manly in there?!

i just really hope the storyline would really get my attention. sageuk dramas have been so crappy lately. jang ok jung was the worst reiteration of jang hui bin, horse doctor was lame, great king's dream was too boring, cruel in the palace wasn't catchy enough to me, faith was too funny to watch, mandate of heaven was meh!

i miss those of dae jang geum, hwang jin-i, queen seon deok and deep rooted tree types... sageuk dramas used to be my favorite kdrama genre. :(

Re-posting this over from the HJW thread.......
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-variant: inherit; visibility: visible;"Ha Ji Won Is a Charismatic Horseback-Rider for New “Empress Ki” Stillsjnkm October 14, 201323 CommentsHa Ji Won Is a Charismatic Horseback-Rider for New “Empress Ki” Stills

The first set of stills for the upcoming MBC drama, “Empress Ki” have been released, featuring the leading lady, Ha Ji Won.

On October 14, stills of Ha Ji Won in her Goryeo attire, displaying her horseback-riding skills, were revealed.

It is said that Ha Ji Won’s experienced horseback-riding skills impressed everyone on set. Ha Ji Won commented on her role in this drama by saying, “In the drama, Empress Ki is a very charismatic character but I also want to express Empress Ki’s warmth behind her tough exterior. I will try hard to show the best image that I can through this drama.”

“Empress Ki” is a fifty-episode drama about a woman who struggles with love and politics between two countries. It is written by Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon, who have also worked on “Giant” and “Salaryman Chohanji.”

The cast includes Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Baek Jin Hee, Kim Seo Hyung, Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Won Jong and Yoon Ah Jung. Filming started on October 12 and the first episode will air on October 28, after “Goddess of Fire Jung Yi” comes to an end.

credit: Soompi News