[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

CherKell

said: Yay!  Some movement, albeit tiny:  Ji Chang-wook just tweeted (AT 4:50 AM KST?  MERCY.) that he is done with the [Empress Ki] shooting for today, and is heading home for Chuseok.  He wishes everyone a great holiday!

So does this mean we'll see some pictures or videos soon?  Please?  PLEASE?!?!? 

:(

(

wangnyeo said: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot that is the best for me ^^ so happy for such news .. I was waiting his confirmation to star on this drama ( I do not know but I loved him the most in the Warrior Baek Dong Soo .. now its really the time of dancing for me as there is many sweet candy flower guys in this drama plus the biggest bonus >> to see my HJW for 25 -/+ weeks  :x

Someone posted this on Baidu this morning.  Claims it's from on the Empress Ki set, can't make out any of the faces of the actors (but totally doubting they are doing their own stunts like this -- probably substitutes), but I'll investigate further!

Credit:  jiwonderland0628

Guest NEWMARIO

class="title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ProcionoRegular, Georgia, serif; font-size: 2.1em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3em; margin: 0px; padding: 12px 15px 12px 20px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border: 1px solid rgb(205, 205, 205); background-image: url(http://dramabucks.com/wp-content/themes/made/images/single-header-bg.png); background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); background-position: 0px 0px; "Kim Min Jung & Ha Ji Won To Showdown Their Beauty In ‘Empress Ki’ collage

0Posted September 21, 2013 by DramaBucks
 FULL ARTICLE 

Actress Kim Min Jung is expected to be the last star to join MBC’s upcoming Historical drama “Empress Ki” which is scheduled to be broadcast in October.

kimminjung2006sageuk-577x90Empress Ki Official said, “Kim Min Jung was cast as a member of the imperial Yuan Dynasty and will be  in a confrontation with ‘Empress Ki’ played by Ha Ji Won. Casting for this 50-part series ‘Empress Ki’ is over.”

During her days as a child actress, Kim Min-jung appeared in drama ‘Flower That Never Wilt’ (MBC, 1991) and showed off her strange charm as an actress in hit 2006 film “Forbidden Quest”. Kim Min Jung’s oval face was said to be suitable for the drama and a beauty showdown seems to unfold between her and Ha Ji Won’s character as ‘Empress Ki’.

Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Moo, and Ji Chang Wook who were early confirmed for their role in the drama already began filming last month while Kim Min Jung is processing her contract for the drama and will soon departs for China to shoot with them by the end of September.

“Empress Ki” is a 50 part masterpiece starring Ha Ji-won as the titular Qi Empress, who was born in Goryeo but later married Emperor Huizong to become an empress of the Yuan Dynasty. The series depicts her loves and political ambitions as she is torn between the two countries. Series was the new project by the authors of ‘The King Dae Joyoung’, ‘Giant’, and ‘History of a Salaryman’ through the excellent work of historical research. Writers Jang Young Cheol and Jung Kyung Soon were recognized with their ability to create excellent bold lines.

“Empress Ki” will be broadcast beginning October 21, 2013 on MBC.

Источник:http://dramabucks.com/drama/kim-min-jung-ha-ji-won-to-showdown-their-beauty-in-empress-ki/

[Filming Tidbits] According to a DCHJW fan, one of the filming locations is in Andong where the cast & staffs spent Chuseok Holiday together.
Thanks to @EmpressKi_KD
So the cast&staffs spent Holyday together.
- 29 Days to Empress Ki
Yeah in less than a month we will see Empress Ki and hope to see the trailer, photoshoot and promotion soon

Guest hapha8714

my next historical drama! i hope it's good. it has been a while that i have not been into sageuks lately because they suck. too many cliches.

btw, it seems they are using the location in queen seon deok bfore. i can't be wrong about it.

hi guys. goodess of fire will not air this week.. so what do you think ,will mbc postpone empress ki ?

i really can't wait to see HJW in hanbok again..

@Cherkell thank you, if MYG doesn't recover soon i think that they will postpone it for 2 weeks or maybe more. I'm sad because i want to see it soon :(  but a part of me is happy too because on 4th november i'm on vacation so i can fully enjoy it without waiting to come back home :D

noniee said:

hi guys. goodess of fire will not air this week.. so what do you think ,will mbc postpone empress ki ?

i really can't wait to see HJW in hanbok again..

In reading the news reports, it's all going to depend on a combination of factors: MGY's stage of recovery, the sponsors getting antsy to have the production resume, and MBC deciding that if it's really worth extending GoF an extra week or two for a show that's getting admittedly sucky ratings lately (in the 7-8% range).  MBC is well-known for pulling the plug on under-performing vehicles in order to cut its losses.  Granted, I don't see that happening with such a brand-name cast involved, so my conservative guess is that the 'Empress Ki' premiere may be pushed back a week or two instead... which if the new date turns out to be 4 November, would make a nice birthday present for Yours Truly! :x :x :x

But here's another prime example of the pitfalls of the Live Shoot System, and how crap like this will continue until *someone* steps in to stop it.  But then pigs may fly before I ever see that in my lifetime... [-(

actually i really hope mbc dont push empress ki.. maybe im bad but i hope they cut goddess of fire episode. so when good doctor finished, empress ki can steal viewer from good doctor.

lately saeguk drama dont doing well in rating. hopefully empress ki can compete fairly with future choice.. good doctor has high rating and im afraid viewer will stick with kbs drama