[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

hi 오랜만이에요.olaenman-ieyo .!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :bz
maybe you folks have seen this before,   I only just now  found it .. and I love it ... it reminds me of good times ... maybe someone brought this on the thread before, I apologize if I repeat it yet I bring it in...
8->

i miss miss Empress Ki and I badly miss my emperor TaHwan!!!
:x

Here's the videos from the NHK-BS "Empress Ki" special aired in Japan from today!  What is posted is not the entire interview/special aired -- there will be bits n' bobs released as the show airs on BS-TV.

EDIT:  Apologies, but the original videos were taken down by the provider.   Will replace with new content shortly.

Also, several promotional shots were taken by NHK for release in their TV Listings magazine that comes out every two weeks.  I'll be posting those as soon as the copies hit my local bookstore! 

Sorry I have to delete all videos, pics, and links of NHK video...

From HJW DC:

Hello, loveqiyuan ^^

I'm Ha ji won's fan, and I'm belong to

ha ji won's official fanclub '하지원 사랑하기 1023'

Don’t share all videos and images of Empress-Ki’s interview with NHK.

That is to infringe copyright originating from broadcasting.

We received some complaints from Japan about it.

They are strongly protesting the situation.

They urge us to help out on this matter.

It is not allowed to share in any websites and social networking services such as twitter, instagram, facebook, dcinside gallery, fan cafe and so on.

So, I want that you delete ' NHK 타냥 인터뷰 캡처'  right now.

Please, it's very serious problem for us.

link: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=empress&no=175522&page=1

Guest meyrin

Now watching: episode 38 of empress ki @ Taiwan CTS channel from cable tv.. :) Airing now is the scene where SN being punished by tanashili to copy 100 books.

Guest bashful

HW and JCW really get along from the pics above. I think it's because they had many scene together in Empress Ki. I know after HW new movie she is probably going to US for her new project/s but JCK on the other hand is filming a movie and rumored to star in new drama "Mr. Baek" (this news was in June) and "Healer" (this was from July). I do not think he has been confirmed yet for the drama Healer or Mr. Baek.

I will miss HJW for sure hope she will return to Korea soon!

FYI EK has officially broken 3 in ratings in Taiwan Thursday of last week.  It is now the highest rated Korean drama in Taiwan within the last 5 years.
The ratings is now steadily about 3.
When I have some more time I'll compile the ratings for all episodes and post it.
This information was found on HJW Baidu.

EDIT:  Sorry to inform you all, but I have had to remove the link for the English-subbed version of the 'Empress Ki' Japan Special.  Apparently Ha Ji Won's agency allegedly received a notice from NHK with a copyright infringment notice to not share any content from that EK Special.  We were notified by a member of the 1023'ers that all videos, screencaps and .gifs have to be removed from all websites and/or fan forums to remain in compliance.... even if said media usage fell under the Fair Use Doctrine, which is how our video was categorized.

I've been handling international copyright law matters for over 20 years, and I have never heard of such a mandate being forced through like this ever.  But even though I have yet to see said notice in writing, we're going to be good little fangirls and comply accordingly... because fighting this would reflect badly upon our leads and that is the last thing we want to do.

So there ya go.  Let's keep any discussions as to why this is fair/unfair out of this forum since it adds nothing to the conversation about this drama.  Any questions, just PM me and I'll be happy to answer.

Sent over by a friend today -- this was taken on the platform leading out of the Shin-Okubo stop on the JR Rail Yamanote Line in Shinjuku.  If anything, NHK is promoting the heck out of their cash cow... erm, I mean recent Korean drama purchase.  Impressive!

c11be3aa-7212-4838-924b-88f5bc3e47a3_zps
(Credit:  JCW Japan FC)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiyokotsubasa

Hello !!

I don't know about you, but i'm still not over this AMAZING drama.
I miss the characters, the actors and their chemistry... everything !!

For theTalnyang shippers, here is another MV of them :

Empress Ki is one of 3 Korean dramas that are nominated for the Seoul International Drama Awards 2014, and HJW is also nominated for Best Actress category. 

JCW will be in Taiwan very soon for Running Man. He may come back there again for fan meeting at the end of August. I hope he will be there again since EK rating in Taiwan is high, and Taiwanese Color Magazine featured him twice on the cover for their issues in July and August.

=D> =D> =D> I hope EK and HJW will be the winners! 

Guest bashful

You know I was disappointed that HJW did not receive anything in the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards

Honestly, this was shocking and to see how well this drama is doing in Taiwan and other places too. 

This will be very competitive w/in these dramas below. HJW fighting!!!

Empress Ki (MBC)
I Hear Your Voice (SBS)
You Who Came From the Stars (SBS)
The Heirs (SBS)
Good Doctor (KBS2)

Just stopping by to give some good news, EK's rating broke 4 in Taiwan!  The episode where SN was sent to the cold palace had a rating of 4.11 beating out a popular local Taiwanese series for a second time!  This is a new record for EK!
Info taken from HJW Baidu

Guest bashful

ChelseaS said: Update from ladykate1023 Twitter:

EK reached 5.01% ratings in Taiwan with 1.42 million audience...really amazing.

Source: http://ent.appledaily.com.tw/enews/article/entertainment/20140815/36023485

I hope the rating of EK in Taiwan will keep increasing. The rating result in Korea that we all know has its peak at episode 37. Maybe the trend in Taiwan will be different.  /:)  
I heard that Japan NHK-BS will release Empress Ki DVD set in Dec this year.