[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest emkay77

Lets reminisce the evil character of Empress Ki that is most loved and popular among the viewers (especially in Korea) - Empress Tanashiri of Yuan.
Though she is not loved by both male lead characters in Empress Ki, these fan made videos are nice and just for fun. :-h
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCBSDqC7IV0

Credit to owner

Guest emkay77

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"140527 JTBC 50th Paeksang Arts Awards ceremony (Girl Newcomer award Actress & Talent Baek Jin-Hee)

Why suddenly I felt that I miss Tanashiri and her tantrums #-oStill on EK withdrawal syndrome? Aishh....

:bz
Himy friends on thread Empress Kihow are you? in this very moment i am listening my new CD  ....original  soundtrack of Empress Ki Drama !!!!is super fresh I just received him thank you Soompi Shop I'm so excited Now Paeha is mine and only mine ... his voice is just for me, thank you Soompi Shop \:D/

Hello everyone. Me too experiencing different since empress ki ended. I try to watch other k drama but my mind and my heart still wanting empress ki. I don't know why. I am hoping ha ji won and ji Chang wook do a k drama again. @ carmens you are lucky to have a personal copy of CD of original soundtrack of empress ki. I am happy for you and at the same time envy in you. I wish I have one too. God bless everyone.

Guest truong.michelle

yoonmi66 said: @truong.michelle
 That would be "Loving You in Every Life / 生生世世爱" by Kary Ng (吴雨霏) from the Chinese Paladin 3 soundtrack.
Just to stay on topic, Empress Ki's first episode in Taiwan averaged a 0.95, which is an impressive number for a Korean drama, especially on a cable network (dramas are considered successful if they surpass 2-3%).
Cr: http://ent.appledaily.com.tw/enews/article/entertainment/20140606/35875588

Guest emkay77

A nice fanmade MV of SeungNyang with the 2 great men who loves her and willing to die for her.

(Credit to owner) :x

@ Jewell Thanks!!>:D<and thanks to all of you my friends who are happy for me to get the CD of original soundtrack of Empress Ki  .This CD will  remind me also of this thread and how much I enjoyed to be with you here.
>:D< I have to say that inside the box I found some gorgeous photos, \:D/I would be in seventh heaven if I would have an autograph with them too ... there are some comments  inside but in Korean, and that means I understand nothing.But no matter, I can imagine it means what I want it to mean ,when I listen  those  wonderful sounds,when I listen TaHwan-Ji Chang Wook's voice saying salang haeyo" I never let you go !! mian haeyo  :x hehe! 8->

I wish very much that this drama, Empress Ki succeed in all countries where it will be broadcast ... I'm pretty sure that it will be soon broadcast to my home, in Romania too, and I will again enjoy this beautiful and exciting story .It does not follow 100%  the historical truth, but it was not so beautiful and exciting drama if the writers and director should have done this ... I loved the love story between SeungNiang and TaHwan more than the characters themselves, but in the end I liked all the drama and all the characters, even some of the bad guys,(especially DangKiSee and Tanashilii)
I liked the beginning of the love story between Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang too, and maybe I would have loved this pair till the end if there was not this Tahwan.
The baby Emperor :  always in danger and having no one on his side in the whole world, living under the threat of that dangerous El Temur, still wanting to be able to avenge his father's death, longing for a little love and having Ji Chang Wook's appearance made me want him to be happy least once. And by the will of the Writers, his only happiness is to be with SeungNyang!
Certainly, when I'll watch the second time Empress Ki, in my native language I understand more and I will enjoy the whole story as much as I enjoyed the story of TaHwan and SeungNyang first time. 
This time I'll watch all the episodes, ...almost, ...except the last I think,  ;;)I will never be able to watch him dying.my baby TaHwan!:((I've never seen a Korean historical drama with a happy ending, was expected that this will be no different ..I think Korean writers suffer from a kind of "the sad ending" syndrome or something.In this drama Empress Ki I think they did a good job. However , I thank the Writers and the Director as the Actors and the whole Team for this exciting story as they did it.

I wish them to win all the existing awards,available for this dramaThe writers Jang Young-chul and Jung Kyung-soon the director Han HeeThe actorsHa Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Baek Jin-hee, Han Hye-rin, Jin Yi-han, Jo Jae-hyun, Yoo In-young, Im Joo-eun, Kim Seo-hyung, Kim Young-ho, Jeon Guk-hwan, Choi Moo-sung, Lee Moon-Shik, Kwon Oh-Joong, Yoo Yong-hyun, Yoon Ah-Joong, Song Kyung-chul, Lee Won-jong, Lee Ji-hyun,and all the other Lee Jae-yong, Jung Woong-in, Cha Do-jin, Seo Yi-sook, Yoon Jung Kim Mu-young, Jeon Se-hyun, Kim Hyung-bum.Let's not forget the children.
all deserve awards and applause!!!!
(thank  @muchadoboutlove that helped me to know all the names)

:-bd=D>

Guest uctqepe

hi @carmens.. am happy for your new CD  :P but you really haven't watched the last scene till now? not even a peek? It was sad, indeed.. but also beautiful at the same time.. It's not tragic end for the love story but just a sad moment for TH to die, esp when the empire was in an uproar.. BUT it happened after a very long time-jump (i believe they were old already, it's just Yuan curse that no one in that land will look old LOL).. So just remember that they have been spending their happy times before TH died.. It helps a lot when watching the scene.. 
But of course it's entirely up to you if you still dont want to see it (bcoz yes, it still gets me to tears after 100th replay).. I just dont want you missing one of the most beautiful scene from this drama :) 

hi there,hi @ uctqepemaybe you find it strange my choice but I have not watched the last two episodes of Empress Ki, those in whichWang Yoo and TaHwan died,still I could not escape the image of death as long as I have seen photos and fanvid including this scene.I'm pretty sure that scenes are well done artistically and very beautiful once they are made ​​by these talented people, those who have made successful drama Empress Ki ... still I have not the courage to face all those feelings of sadness and broken hearts that involve these images ... 
maybe someday I'll have!!

by the way, why this " am happy for your new CD  :P  "  ????
I understand that you do not believe what you say... is it truth?
whay?I love this CD, even if all the songs and all the photos of it I can find it easy  on the YouTube,just these are mine and only mine!!
can be a bit selfish and greedy I admit, but I can not help it!!
I was so excited when I received the CD that I felt the need to share with you guys, I did not say that to brag or produce envy , I'm sorry if it has been understood that way!

:o3

Guest uctqepe

@carmens oh i am sorry, that icon was just for fun because i find you really cute being happy and all for the new CD.. no other meaning :)>- 
I totally understand ur excitement as I WILL also brag here when i have the DVD :)) :)) but it's just not released yet...Still months awaaay to be able to buy #sigh 

@ uctqepe  :-*
I asked because I did not want misunderstand you .. I did well!
You want to buy the DVD with drama Empress Ki? all the drama? woooow My CD is just sound photos are in a small album attached to the envelope!!The whole drama Empress KI will be a great acquisition!I hope you to be as excited as I was! >:D<

I've been listening to empress ki ost lately, I thought it'd make me feel better but nope I feel even worse because I miss my ta hwan, nyang and everyone else -.- I need to take my meds otherwise I'm gunna die cause of loneliness.

Guest emkay77

THE CHARACTER THAT I MISSED THE MOST 
An excerpt from DC reviews regarding HJW Glamping Event:
3. Questions for HJW: Q: Did you like Seung-nyang when she was disguised up as a man or when she was dressed up like a lady?A: When she was disguised as a man.(Credit to yoonmi66 at HJW forum) 
MOD EDIT: PLEASE PUT SCREENCAPS IN SPOILER TAGS IF MORE THAN 2.

1535555_259397804224653_411708601_n.jpg

I watched Empress Ki mainly because of my love for HJW and manage to finish the 51 long episodes also because of her. HJW's performance as SeungNyang/Lady Ki is magnificent and superb. The character itself is very entertaining to watch, and with HJW's excellent adaptation of her character, the audience can feel the pain and suffering of SN throughout her whole life until she became the Empress of a great empire.
Born in a war torn small country of Goryeo, she almost have to face the same ill fate as other girls/women to become a tribute to conquering nation, being dragged like animals under the merciless army of Yuan, led by violent brothers Dan Ki Se and Tapjahe. However her fate changes as she was saved by the Crown Prince of Goryeo, however her mother died during their escape. Despite her young age of 8, she struggle to survive and revenge her mother's death by changing her identity to SeungNyang the Jackal, and she's not just an ordinary 'man', but a very skillful archer and have good fighting skills.
Then, her challenging journey continues on - finally met her own father, works as soldier under his command, receive the special command to safeguard Ta Hwan back to Yuan, witness her father's cruel death, succumb to her original fate being tribute to Yuan, serve as a palace maid, fall deeply in love with the Goryeo King and experience the touch of a first love, bearing a child (Byul) but separated from him cruelly, her Goryeo friends being killed in a massacre, sold as slave, saved by Baek Ahn and Tal Tal, participate in concubine selection for the purpose of revenge, fall in love with the Emperor and have a second child (Ayurshiridara who eventually become the Crown Prince later on), defeat El Temur & family, rise to higher position in the palace, faced the hatred and threat within the palace (from Baek Ahn, Empress Dowager & the new Empress).....until finally she became the Empress of a nation which once was her home country's enemy. But SeungNyang who has a big heart treats Yuan people as her own people and concern for their well being and strive to relieve them from their sufferings which resulted from war.
After all her struggle and pain she had to endure all throughout her life, SeungNyang truely and totally deserves the Empress title/position which she gained by her own effort, motivation and sacrifice. Kudos to HJW who successfully portrays the role of Empress Ki, that I can't imagine another actress taking the role. She's not just getting prettier as a woman, but also handsome as a 'man' (The Jackal) and 'suffers' a lot during the entire filming (eg the scene where she had to go into the cold river in search of her baby Byul).

Like HJW, I also loved her character the most when she disguised as a male ie when she was the Jackal. The video above is one of my most favourite scene of The Jackal (from 0.00 until minute 0:55) in which she participate in the soldier selection process. How cool and badass she is! 

tumblr_n5akuyVE891twb88oo1_250.giftumblr_n5akuyVE891twb88oo3_250.giftumblr_n5akuyVE891twb88oo2_400.giftumblr_n5akuyVE891twb88oo4_250.giftumblr_n5akuyVE891twb88oo5_250.giftumblr_n5eui8L5gc1sq7hzoo1_400.jpgtumblr_mvsx475XDD1sh8uxlo1_1280.jpg

I miss you SeungNyang...I really miss Empress Ki. =((

Guest emkay77

tumblr_n6wqbzVjTb1tv0kybo1_1280.jpg
Guess it's too late already for me...since I'm already addicted and still hard to let it go...though its already a month since its last episode.

Guest emkay77

Another appreciation post for my most favourite character in EK - the female lead loved by all  :x
Photos are credited to the ownertumblr_n6jt6qwCD21tv0kybo1_400.jpgtumblr_n6jt6qwCD21tv0kybo2_400.jpgtumblr_n6jt6qwCD21tv0kybo3_400.jpg
tumblr_n5zgj7UKBN1tv0kybo1_500.jpg

To me, HJW really deserves to win more awards (apart from MBC) for her magnificent portrayal of Empress Ki. She is indeed a precious jewel. :x :x :x