[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

NEWSFLASH, NEWSFLASH!!!!
Article Title (it's stupid) - Ha Ji Won beats Do Min Jun C  Strips down to seduce Ji Chang Wook
?w=640&q=80&src=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nownews.c

Although Empress Ki, Ha Ji Won, has left Taiwan from her 3 day promotional activities, but she's left behind a strong tail wind.  EK recorded a new high rating for the episode that broadcast after Ha Ji Won left Taiwan.
The episode that broadcast on June 10 had a ratings of 1.85 1.51 (correction, apparently this source reported the wrong rating, the correct one is 1.51)  (as previously mentioned exceptional rating in Taiwan is only between 2-3).  The scene where Wang Yoo dreams of Seung Nyang flirting with him reached the highest rating point in the episode, 2.91.  The ratings beat out YWCFTS.
02612044a42d01e579684d83ee22eaed.jpg

The upcoming episode with Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan stripping their tops in the cave to give each other body heat is expected to garner more ratings.
d8bec70da3bfadef3ccecbb775e2d661.JPG

(from 1:20)

I didn't translate the entire article because most of it just talks about the plot, and the 'skinship' scene, which we already know about.
Source Now News.

EDIT:
Ok, I don't know what rating is correct anymore, but we just have to know it's high hahaha.
I just saw another article that reported the June 10th rating at 1.85, but if they just copied the details from the other article that's wrong, then it's still wrong.
The details in the article is similar to the other one talking about how Ha Ji Won has left from her 3 day promotional activities in Taiwan.
Source: AppleDaily.tw

Wow there really is a lot of promotion and attention given to EK in Taiwan. 
The information in the videos aren't that great/accurate, just praises on the actors, and talks a lot about Ha Ji Won since she was there doing the promotion activity.  I would say about 50% of it is gossip or and not really accurate.  Just watch it for the clips :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1suwquN-_yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lcnyl-PLe4

This one continues to talk about the high ratings and praises Ha Ji Won's acting.

Ha Ji Won says she there are still many characters she has not acted yet, and she would want to act out all the different characters that she can.  She wants to act in a project where she can be both the protagonist and antagonist.  
Ha Ji Won also says that the real her is nothing like her character, she's very femininein real life haha. 

Apparently there's going to be some sort of a 'documentary' type program focusing on EK this Saturday:

Guest bashful

did anyone hear HJW new single. "Now In This Place" Her voice is so sweet. I believe the lyrics were specially  written for HJW for her her role as SN. I miss seeing HJW so much. She will be off to US......probably we will not see her until next year. I look forward to her new movie before she flys off!

Guest adikkeluangman

Which K-Drama Dad Wins The Best Dad Mug On Father's Day? 
With the approach of "Father's Day," it's time to focus on this year's k-drama dads, the best, the worst and some with questionable motives.
BqB8JzDCYAApUEE.jpg

Maybe the k-drama mug for Best K-Drama Dad should be given to 2PM's Ok Taecyeon for his role as the teenage father in the weekend drama "Wonderful Days." His twin children are raised as his siblings and it breaks his heart that they don't know he is really their dad. When he finally tells them the truth, they are none too pleased. This shakes up his world and it prompts him to improve himself so they can have a better life.
The most self-sacrificing dad award might go to Kim Sang Joong for playing Lee Jong Suk's dad in "Doctor Stranger." He sacrificed himself, facing a firing squad, to help his son escape to South Korea.
Yoon Joo Sang, who has played so many k-drama dads, was one of this year's most likeable. He managed to survive and help solve the romantic and financial troubles of his grown children in "One Warm Word," dispensing warm words and understanding gestures.
Another noteworthy father-son relationship took place between Choi Jin Hyuk and his character's father, played by Kang Shin Il in "Emergency Couple." The two did not have the best relationship but grew closer as the drama progressed, thanks to some intervention by Song Ji Hyo's character.
The worst k-drama dad in 2014 would have to be a tie between Eom Hyo Seop who played Kang Sung Wook, Daniel Choi's dad in "Big Man" and Jeon Kuk Hwan who played El Temur in "Empress Ki."
Kang Sung Wook may have loved his son enough to kill for him but what kind of way is that to raise a son? He raised him to be cruel and ruthless. El Temur was an even worse example. He turned his two sons into bloodthirsty warmongers and then he made his daughter marry a man he despised just so he can rule the kingdom.
Jeon Kuk Hwan plays a slightly better dad in "Doctor Stranger." As hospital chief Oh Joon Gyu, he may not be a nice guy but he looks out for his daughter played by Kang So Ra and wants her to marry someone she truly loves.
In "God's Gift - 14 Days," Kim Tae Woo did not mean to be a bad dad. He loved his daughter but his bad choices landed her in a lot of trouble. Fortunately, his k-drama wife, played by Lee Bo Young, saved the day.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/24929/20140613/which-k-drama-dad-wins-the-best-dad-mug-on-fathers-day.htm

@pegsterIs awesome they give so much attention to Empress Ki in Taiwan.
:)>-

The Korean Entertainment Industry knows how to promote a show , they have graduated the intensity of information. First they sent the superstar of the drama to promote Empress Ki, to arouse the viewers wish to see this show, She is the most famous personality in the drama and the most  loved by  the Taiwanese audience, none other than uri Ha Ji Won ... she presented the drama, the characters and especially the main character ... uri SeungNyang.:bz
I've wondered why they sent only on Ha Ji Won, why not Ji Chang Wook went with her now? Well, *-:)  because Wookie is the ace in the sleeve, the surprise that will increase the rating more ...Just because Ha Ji Won ssi was so popular it raised the bar from the start, because the audience already knew what performance to expect. Considering Chang Wook's performance  already confirmed in Korea, the Empress Ki  promoters  expect him to surprise and bring even greater audience.8-> It's a Clever tactic, I must admit. :-bdSo Ji Chang Wook I think  will go to Taiwan after barely half of the episodes were broadcast, when  TaHwan will already be a beloved character.At the end when the audience will be definitively conquered by the characters of the drama, they will go together ... That's what I think ...
;)

Guest emkay77

BEAUTIFUL FATHER & SON MOMENT IN EMPRESS KI
Emperor Huizong/Tae Hwan and Ayu :x :x
MOD EDIT: PLEASE PUT SCREENCAPS IN SPOILER TAGS IF MORE THAN 2.
tumblr_n1x8zzVF6P1rd13j9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n32c5gwISM1r23qjvo1_500.jpg
empress-ki-e35-140304-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi
Ki506.jpg
tumblr_n41gvaM9Gt1roduv3o6_250.gif tumblr_n41gvaM9Gt1roduv3o8_250.gif

Kudos to the EK producers/MBC for the casting of baby and toddler Ayu - for he has resemblance with JCW the actor, like his real biological son. Though he's still young and not yet married, JCW amazed me for having the attitude of a loving and caring father. The joy of having a prince is genuine and clearly written all over his handsome face - the joy of being a father.
King Wang Yoo & Byul/Maha =(( =((Ki211-1.jpg
ekep39_05.jpg?w=584&h=328
ekep39_06.jpg?w=584&h=328
Qr2KhYL.jpg
wcpg.jpg
tumblr_n46jna9Xh41twb88oo5_250.gif tumblr_n46jna9Xh41twb88oo8_250.gif 
My heart still bleed for Byul/Maha for not knowing that he has great parents - and in this case, a great father who is a warrior, wise and intelligent. Their moments together touches my heart.
Last, but not least....not to forget the Father of evil - Yeon Chul/El-Temur :Pempress-ki-episode-24.jpeg
46f4dc_632dbdf6d5ff4f60b0c4deaf19241277.
46f4dc_dc7cb7fe80044808918461d9822382dc.
6.png

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY :x :x :x

Great news!
The last episode of EK that broadcasted in Taiwan on Friday had a rating of 2.25, it broke 2!!!  
I think breaking 2 is equivalent to breaking 20.
Source of info: Appledaily Taiwan
EK is currently the highest rated Kdrama in Taiwan.
I read that even Zhen Huan Zhuan, it was hugely popular in all of Asia (China, Taiwan, and HK) only rated between 2-3.  EK has about another 40 or so episodes to go, hopefully it'll be able to reach that level.

Guys, let's vote for drama Empress Ki and your favorite actor/actress.
I think Empress Ki has the most nominations on both actor and actress category.

class="at_ttl"The Kdramastars Poll: Which 2014 Drama And Performance Did You Like Best?

BY Julie Jones | Jun 16, 2014 09:33 AM EDT

• inShare
  • Tags Kim Jaejoong, Kim Hyun Joong, Jun Ji Hyun, Yoona, You Who Came From The Stars, Inspiring Generation
    Poll

The first half of 2014 has seen some excellent dramas, from critical favorites to popular crowd pleasers. So, we compiled a list of the best 15, which includes a historical drama, thrillers, romantic comedies, fantasy and fusion dramas and melodramas. A few are currently running.
    Kdramastars wants to know which drama made you the happiest and which stars you think did the best job?
    So, we are hosting a poll. You can find the poll above and can vote once a day for your favorite drama, actor and actress. It was hard to narrow it down to just 15 of each but we composed a list based on ratings, enthusiastic response and critical acclaim. In the running are "Inspiring Generation, "You Who Came From The Stars," "Three Days," "Doctor Stranger," "Emergency Couple," "Prime Minister and I," "Empress Ki," "Cunning Single Lady," "You're All Surrounded," "God's Gift - 14 Days,' "I Need Romance," "A New Leaf," "Big Man," "Secret Love Affair" and "One Warm Word."
    As of this morning, "Inspiring Generation" led with 36.74 percent of the vote, followed by "You Who Came From The Stars" at 23.51 percent of the vote.
    Our apologies if your favorite drama did not make the list, but please do vote anyway to let us know which listed drama you liked the best.
    The actors in our poll were chosen based on fan response, performance and critical acclaim. Some actors made the grade even though their drama didn't. The listed actors are Cha Seung Won, Choi Jin Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook, Jin Yi Han, Jo Seung Woo, Joo Jin Mo, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Jaejoong, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Bum Soo, Lee Jong Suk. Lee Seung Gi, Park Hae Jin, Park Yoochun and Yoo Ah In.
    So far Kim Jaejoong is ahead in the poll, based on his performance in "Triangle." He scored 40.54 percent of the vote this morning, with "Inspiring Generation" star Kim Hyun Joong following at 29.9 percent.
    The same criteria was applied to the actresses, which include Baek Jin Hee, Gu Hye Sun, Ha Ji Won, Han Hye Jin, Jin Se Yeon, Jun Ji Hyun, Kim Hee Ae, Kim Hee Sun, Kim Seo Hyung, Lee Bo Young, Lee Da Hee, Lee Min Jung, Song Ji Hyo, Yoo In Na, and Yoona. So far Yoona is ahead with a wide margin, based on her performance in "The Prime Minister and I." As of this morning, she had 46.85 percent of the vote, while Jun Ji Hyun follows with 16.72 percent.
    You can make your voice heard by voting. You can only vote once a day but the contest is on for two weeks. You can also vote in the Kpopstarz poll for your favorite songs and artists.
    To vote, visit http://vote.kdramastars.com/best-k-dramas-2014-first-half.

@pegster, thanks tons for all the news from Taiwan!  I would have to clone myself just to plow through all the news on Baidu and Weibo, so thanks for doing all the 'heavy lifting.'  =D>

And the 'Empress Ki' juggernaut continues across East Asia -- here is Japan's BS11 (a cable channel owned by NHK-TV) promotional goodies for EK's broadcasts beginning 3 August 2014.  Finally a language I can understand!  :D

BqZ10ItCQAA32hgjpg_large_zpsb5bc9a87.jpe

EmpressKiJapanNHKBroadcast1_zpsb24e37bb.

2001200746_6a452e17_zpsd4a941a4.jpg

(Credit:  NHK Kikogo)

Guest dhebbie2t

Wow, this is daebak, this thread is still up in running even the drama has ended, I used to visit this everyday and chat with the other sisters here when the drama is still airing, and for this is the thread that runs so fast.

I miss this drama...I am thinking of re watching it...because this is the first 50 episode drama that I watched in my entire life, so this drama is  kinda different for me...It's already in my heart....

Guest dhebbie2t

I am waiting for this drama to be aired in our country

I heard that this is doing a good job as well in Taiwan right now

I heard this gathered a good ratings as well

good job

this drama indeed one of a kind

It's indeed a piece of art

Guest bashful

still missing EK!

this drama may be over but fans are still very active in this forum! I have yet to find a kdrama to replace this one yet. I been catching this Taiwanese series (Love Myself or You)  and I am enjoying it! Until I see HJW in another drama or project again! : )