[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest emkay77

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[MV] TaNyang couple - By Kim Bum Soo (김범수) - My Baby (funny video!! 재미 비디오 !! :)

(Video credit to owner)Reminiscing those cute, funny and happy moments of Seung Nyang & Ta Hwan.

Guest emkay77

This is one of my favourite OST in EK. I just found out this fanmade MV for this OST recently....and it's a nice one for me. For once, it's a little bit different from other fanmade MV of this song...as it only focused on 1 episode from EK...and somehow, I really love SeungNyang's expressions in this MV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKbzv4eu1kg
(Video credit to owner)

Guest emkay77

A nice & beautiful fanmade MV of Empress Ki....showing the life & struggle of SeungNyang before entering Yuan Palace for the concubine selection.

(Video credit to owner)

Guest emkay77

An awesome fanmade MV of Xiah Junsu " I Love U" - compilation of snapshots of WangNyang scenes throughout the drama.

(Video credit to owner)

Guest dhebbie2t

Hello guys :-h :-h

EMPRESS Ki will be air in Philippine TV on October

I know that this drama will be air on that station since that station is known for airing a period Kdrama

not to mention that the Hwang JinYi and Secret Garden was aired in the same station as well

and by the way

CONGRATULATIONS to EMPRESS KI for winning the Golden Bird in Seoul  International Awards 2014

indeed a great and award winning drama

@daegorr ssiawesome videothe Emperor raising!!

(Video credit to owner)

amazing,
 so I saw it myself tooto the last word, to the most intense look, to the ultimate breath!!!so beautiful!!
=D>  =D>
to this grown up Emperor I'll dedicate a song awesome and true and because I'm not good at making a video   and that might, that this song may not be used like that I will bring it like that ,unwrought, and
I will ask the moderator to overlook this off topic

(Video credit to owner)

EK will be over in Taiwan this week. I am sharing the list of the highest rating scenes mentioned in the Taiwanese media ................

Note:
1. The Episodes are numerated differently in Taiwan since the episodes are shorter in Taiwan than Korea (To accommodate more commercials). 
2. The blanks mean that only average rating was shown. No particular scenes were mentioned. Or, it is opposite where the highest rating scenes were mentioned, but no average ratings of the episodes.
3. The list was compiled from various Taiwanese media.

Source: Baidu

第01集6/04(三)_0.95(已经是同时段韩剧之冠)(收视率最高处:1.5=王奇尬酒)
Ep01 6/4: 0.95 (Highest rating: 1.5 -- WY/SN drinking competition)

第02集6/05(四)_1.12

Ep 02 06/05: 1.12

第04集6/09(一)_1.58
Ep 4 06/09: 1.58

第05集6/10(二)_1.85(收视率最高处2.91=王王的春梦)
Ep 5 06/10: 1.85 (Highest rating: 2.91 -- WY's dream of SN)

第08集6/13(五)_2.25(收视率最高处:3.09奇拉受伤的王王~被唐发现是女生)
Ep 8 06/13: 2.25 (Highest rating: 3.09 -- SN helped the injured WY and SN was discovered as a woman)

第10集6/17(二)_(收视率最高处:3.92王王更衣)
Ep 10 06/17: Highest rating: 3.92 ---- WY changed his clothes (Shirtless WY)

第19集6/30(一)_2.94(收视率最高处:3.36~王凯旋归来之庆功宴-三角恋)
Ep 19 06/30: 2.94 (Highest rating: 3.36 -- Welcome party for WY)

第22集7/03(四)_2.18
Ep 22 07/03: 2.18

第30集7/15(二)_3.25(瞬间收视2.89=奇元水中吻戏;最高处=承娘怀孕)
Ep 30 7/15: 3.25 (TH/SN petal kiss=2.89, the highest rating scene= SN's pregnancy --but the exact rating of the pregnancy scene was not reported)

第34集7/21(一)_2.98
Ep 34 7/21: 2.98

第36集7/23(三) _3.72(收视率最高处:4.79元看到承娘遭答答鞭打无法保护她)
Ep 36 7/23: 3.72 (Highest rating: 4.79 -- SN was whipped by TN and TH can not protect her)

第41集7/30(三)_4.40 (收视率最高处:5.14~王得知承娘已入后宫,不得不放手的深情告白)
Ep 41 7/30: 4.4 (Highest rating: 5.14 -- WY learned that SN became a
concubine and had to let go of her).

第45集8/05(二)_3.53
Ep 45 08/05: 3.53

第46集8/06(三)_3.64
Ep 46 08/06: 3.64

第48集8/08(五)_4.05
Ep 48 08/06: 4.05

第51集8/13(三)_5.01(收视率最高处:7.18~燕铁被追捕)
Ep 51 08/13: 5.01 (Highest rating: 7.18 --ET's death)

第53集8/15(五)_(收视率最高处:5.97答答绞刑)
Ep 53 08/15: Highest rating: 5.97 -- TN's death

第58集8/23(五)_3.58
Ep 58 08/23:3.58

Latest News from ETTV:
Finale of Empress Ki :Emotional confession, inducing tears of over a million of viewers.
Yesterday night Empress Ki last ep was shown in Taiwan. Although the ending is a tragedy, but it attracted a million viewers to watch. The highest ratings was 6:05 not only beating another of this year's popular show "You from the Stars", but also broke the 5 years record of a foreign drama. The TV station as per fan request will follow up with a rerun in October. Ha Ji Won's fever continue to burn, another of her drama Huang Jin Yi will also be broadcast. However she will not be an Empress this time but a geisha.
The emperor was poisoned, lying on the thigh of Empress Ki in his last moments and make an emotional confession. However the ending is sad. Many people who watched this scene cried. Ha Ji Won's Ki Seung Nyang, from a Goryeo women climbing to the empress position in Yuan, finally eliminated all enemies and achieve final victory. The interesting ending attracted over a million viewers. The rating was 5.51, highest was 6.05. 

• Like 1

Taken from HJW Soompi.
'Queen of Ratings' Ha Ji Won On Fire, 'Empress Ki''s Reached No. 1 in Ratings

Last night's (September 11) final episode of 'Empress Ki' that was aired on ETTV and CTS has created a new ratings high and topped the nationwide ratings. The average rating for ETTV cable TV network is 5.51%, with approximately 1,480,000 viewers. Since its broadcast in Taiwan, the drama is deeply loved by the viewers. Through the ratings result, the power of 'Queen of Ratings' Ha Ji Won can also be seen. The following drama 'Hwang Jin Yi' will be aired next week.

It is not without a reason that Ha Ji Won is given the 'Queen of Ratings' title. Since the broadcast of 'Empress Ki' in Korea, the ratings had never ceased to create new heights. The ratings had even beaten local dramas several times since its broadcast in Taiwan. Even during its rerun on CTS at 10pm, the ratings had steadily maintained its first position in the 10pm time slot. No matter what genre it is, period or modern dramas, Ha Ji Won's well-executed action performance has become her signature specialty. In the early episodes of Empress Ki, she cross-dressed as a male and had a huge amount of archery and horse-riding scenes. Through these scenes, she has displayed her excellent skills. On the other hand, in 'Hwang Jin Yi', she also performed well when she acted as a famous gisaeng, and promoted the beauty of Hanbok and traditional dance. She has gradually established her position as the queen of dramas through her multi-changing image and perfect acting. She can act as the cool 'Ki Seung Nyang' with a heroic spirit, or 'Hwang Jin Yi' who is the most peerless woman in beauty and talent, as well as a woman who dares to love or hate. These two totally different faces of Ha Ji Won sent everyone into a frenzy, and even grabbed the viewers' eyes tightly.

*Last paragraph is just a summary of the final episode*

translated by zoompi123
source: http://n.yam.com/wownews/entertain/20140912/20140912547912.html

-----

(partial translation)

Ha Ji Won followed by Ha Ji Won, Chameleon's Charisma is Invincible
*'HJW followed by HJW' means HJW's dramas will be aired after EK.

ETTV and CTS's aired the final episode of 'Empress Ki' on September, 11. Ki Seung Nyang who is played by Ha Ji Won finally became the empress of the Yuan dynasty from a tribute woman through eradicating her dissidents and obtained the final victory. The final episode attracted around 1.41 million viewers, receiving the highest rating in cable TV network and at the same time, creating the highest ratings record for Korean dramas in these five years.

Upon viewers' requests, ETTV will be showing 'Empress Ki' again on ETTV Mix Channel (Channel 32) in October. Similarly, CTS will also air 'Hwang Jin Yi' which is starred by Ha Ji Won.

translated by zoompi123
source: http://www.nownews.com/n/2014/09/12/1410764

Taken From HJW Soompi
Sentimental Confession in Empress Ki's Finale Moved One Million Viewers to Warm Tears

The finale of Korean drama 'Empress Ki' was broadcast on last night. Although it is a sad ending, it still attracted more than 1 million viewers. The highest rating even reached 6.05%. It not only beat this year's hit drama 'You Who Came from the Stars', but is also the highest rating for foreign dramas in these five years. Upon a huge amount of viewers' requests, the TV station will be showing 'Empress Ki' again in October. The Ha Ji Won fever will continue to burn. Now, her other period drama 'Hwang Jin Yi' will also be aired in Taiwan. This time she is not portraying as an empress, but a gisaeng. 

translated by zoompi123
source: http://news.ebc.net.tw/apps/newsList.aspx?id=1410516831&cat=intworld

Ha Ji Won's Singapore Trip to Promote Empress Ki Receives Hot Responses

Korean actress Ha Ji Won will be going to Singapore to promote her drama 'Empress Ki'.

According to her agency on September 10th, Ha Ji Won will be heading to Singapore from the 25th to 27th of September to promote her drama 'Empress Ki' for three days and two nights.

Empress Ki will be broadcast at prime time on Singapore Starhub TV's VV Drama channel. Therefore, Starhub has invited Ha Ji Won to attend a press conference in Singapore. She will also be having other promotional activities which include doing photoshoots, and media interviews, as well as meeting fans at a meet and greet session.

According to her agency, due to her dramas such as 'Secret Garden', Ha Ji Won has a wide fanbase in Singapore and its neighboring country Malaysia. Her Taiwan trip in June where she received huge popularity will now be followed by her Singapore trip.

Besides that, Ha Ji Won will be launching an Asia Fan Meeting Tour from October 19th with Taiwan as the starting point.

translated by zoompi123
source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109950685
FROM HJW SOOMPI

Guest avocado1430291863

Could someone help me?just wanna to confirm that the final episode in taiwan is the revised version,isn't it? Because it showed empress ki climbed the stairs which is in the revised one..not in the previous where seung nyang have to choose between two horses.. ups i mean two men....hihihi

@avocado
avocado said: Could someone help me?just wanna to confirm that the final episode in taiwan is the revised version,isn't it? Because it showed empress ki climbed the stairs which is in the revised one..not in the previous where seung nyang have to choose between two horses.. ups i mean two men....hihihi