[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Ok, just saw this on Baidu.
They are speculating that EK is currently filming the coronation scene of the new Empress, but then again the person in that dress could also be SN since as we saw above, her new costume is about the same colour:
13140028024_fcb5d5cb87_o.jpg

The only thing is, TH is wearing his 'formal' gown, this gown we have only seen twice.  First time in the opening scene during SN's coronation, next time was during Tanasmirky's coronation.  
13139746245_7a031fbf7b_o.jpg

Someone posted some information on Baidu saying that the new Empress is scheduled to appear in 8 episodes.  If she first appears in EP38, that means we won't get to see SN's coronation scene until EP45/46.  
That kind of sucks!  I was hoping to see more storyline around SN after she becomes Empress.

Watching ep 37, I laugh uncontrollably watching Tanashiri get dragged from the palace... Her and SN expressions are hilarious..

El Temur also get what he deserved to get.. But it's not the happy end for our heroes.. Instead, they'll have to pass other struggles

pegster said: Ok, just saw this on Baidu.
They are speculating that EK is currently filming the coronation scene of the new Empress, but then again the person in that dress could also be SN since as we saw above, her new costume is about the same colour:

The only thing is, TH is wearing his 'formal' gown, this gown we have only seen twice.  First time in the opening scene during SN's coronation, next time was during Tanasmirky's coronation.  

Someone posted some information on Baidu saying that the new Empress is scheduled to appear in 8 episodes.  If she first appears in EP38, that means we won't get to see SN's coronation scene until EP45/46.  
That kind of sucks!  I was hoping to see more storyline around SN after she becomes Empress.

There is information that SN will have new enemy is Bayan Khuthug .... if i am not wrong she is General Bayan nephew ... I don't know what the relationship between Tal Tal and Bayan Khutug ...

And this is what i found from Wikipedia:

Empress Gi (奇皇后; Mongolian: Öljei Khutugh became a concubine of Toghun Temür and mothered Ayurshiridar. After the primary empress Danashri was overthrown in 1340[citation needed] because of the rebellion by her brother Tanggisi, Toghun Temür tried to install Öljei Khutugh as the empress. However Bayan, who held real power, opposed it. When Bayan was purged, Öljei Khutugh became the secondary empress in 1340 (the primary one was Bayan Khutugh of the Khunggirad clan). Her son Ayurshiridar was designated Crown Prince in 1353. Using her Korean eunuch Bak Bulhwa (朴不花) as her agent, she began a campaign to force the emperor to pass the imperial throne to her son Ayurshiridar. However her intentions became known to the emperor and he grew apart from her.

I just happen to read Taltal 's interview in kdramastars, he said  he is closest to HJW in empress ki.Yeah he is gaining much popularity tru this drama n he can dance very well! JCW popularity is soaring!I like him he has got this fresh n clean looks!!!The remaining epi of this drama is all abt our dear Empress, cant wait!

Guest minnie0103

Please tell me if someone has posted this, so that I can remove it. :)
‘Empress Ki’ Episode 38 Text Preview
http://cheshirecatswonderland.wordpress.com/2014/03/14/empress-ki-episode-38-text-preview/

Guest bellenelle

Well, I never saw that actress playing a "good" character, so I thought something was strange  from the get-go.

Watching the episode with subs,

1) I agree with a previous comment that ET talked WAY too much. Someone should have shut him up after his first sentence.  

2) I personally liked ET's downfall. He was dignified all the way to the end, didn't beg or cry for death. For a split second (just a split second, because she's WAY better than him), he made me think of Mishil, because for him the fight isn't over with his death. He found a way to complicate his enemy's life even afterwards, just like Mishil did.

3) I like that SN's decision to go for the crown wasn't out of a thirst for power, but out of revenge, because even at death's door ET still managed to threaten her and her son's well-being. Actually, the way I see it, she mostly decides to become an empress to protect her family and herself, because she sees that if she does nothing she might end up in trouble (disposed just as ET predicted). And a small portion of her wants the crown as an ultimate win against ET.

Basically, all the way to the end, SN's enemy is ET. His words provoked all the trouble ahead, so regardless of who she'll be battling out (ED, BA, the governors, the new empress), she'll really be battling out ET, and when she wins and becomes empress, she'll be winning against him. I like that the drama starts with her fight with ET clan and end with her fight with ET clan (or more specifically ET), makes it all so consistent.

Thanks for the preview! I'm hoping SN anticipates future backstabbing and plans ahead. Truthfully, while she initially was the mastermind behind many plans, recently TT's been taking over. It's time to see some great chess skills on her part kkk

As for the new empress, well, if she's in for 8 episodes (so long, that's 1 entire month T.T), at least we still have 5-6 episodes post-coronation and it won't happen on the last episode. And what about the extension, any news? If it gets extended, we might get even more!!!!! [-O<

Guest larabn

we get rid of annoying TanaSmirky and start with devilish new empress and ED the new rattle snake who will be rattling in TH's head now :-w
If you already smashed the tables and chairs to pieces because of Tana, you better buy a new big durable set that won't break :P ... cuz this new 2 faced empress will be the end of furniture, hair on head (from extreme hair pulling and head scratching) and computer screens or laptops too :D
I guess I'll be listening to TT's voice a lot to calm my mood now :P

So sweet JJM giving the ladies a giant lollipop ... me want one too :D

I hope they spare TN from death and let her live in an extremely hot palace full of rats, 2 headed snakes and BIG giant tarantulas with names of every person she's killed and hurt in front of her to help her remember what she's done and pray for forgiveness

Wow it's not Monday yet and it has been two days since we just saw the last two episodes of empress Ki,  And it is two more days before we see the next two episodes of empress. Help I'm stuck in the two day time zone. :D