[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest critics

Watching Ep. 37 with eng sub:TSWhere is my father?
LK:  Patience!  You will see him in hell soon enough.

empress-ki-e37-140311-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi

ET:  Paeha, you were just my whipping boy.  You can never have absolute power to rule the court even if I die.  Those courtiers will never bow down their heads on you, one of them will take my place.

TH:  Then they will all die.  My mace will fall on anyone who dares to challenge me.

LK:  It was your greed and cruelty that changed the Emperor's fear to rage.  Your reigning would have ended with or without me.  Your dreams have come to naught.  Maha is not your daughter’s son.

ET:  Paeja, before I die let me tell you this.  Your favorite, Lady Ki will be the end of this nation.  Send her away!  She must not take the Empress' crown!

TH:  Enough, kill him now!

THE END OF EL TEMUR'S LIFE

To the actor who portrays ET's character, I will surely miss your great acting.  That being said, I salute you, Sir. 

Guest makiwu

guess i'm late to the party!! just started watching this yesterday and i marathon from ep1-12, im totally falling for tahwan, i find him really cute i guess im just a sucker for flower boys but this guy can sure act

Guest elyshongstar

Does anyone see Jin Yi-han as Tal-Tal handsome , his voice 's so sweet , his eyes ..his acting so well

this actor is one of the best actor in this drama

of course, I am agree with u...

:x :x

Guest august101

rinchan76 said: If the new empress is suppose to be a badder more devious version of TN, how will they get rid of her in a couple of episodes. Will there be a time skip where they will jump ahead to the point where BA is corrupted? That way they will just oust her with him. I really want SN to send her to the cold palace at least before then ( they got to at least give SN the satisfaction of humiliating/ getting back at her individually.)
Also adding in the new empress signifies that the partnership between BA, ED, and SN is dissolved. It may appear like betrayal to SN and we know how much she is prone to revenge, will her first step be to recruit TT. If we think about it, ED has influence, but she is not smarter than SN. In the Yuan court supporters are flippant and all we need is one good manipulation to turn the tide of support. Then there is the fact that BA is not much without TT. The most you can say about BA is that he has a well trained army and is a good warrior, but he lacks self-control. 

I respect the way Baek Ahn and TalTal treated the end of El Temur. Yes we all know how corrupted he was, but I'm sure his beginning in the Empire was just like BA... once he got the power, he turned rotten... but say the same will happen to BA, so far as a General and seeker of justice, we've come to admire him; once he becomes corrupted by power, are we going to hate him as much as ET? Of course we didn't get to see the "good" side of ET's beginnings, but from a military point of view I understand why they decided to give him such treatment.
My POV, I believe Tanashiri is more wicked than her father... all the killings she's done have been because of her own vanity and selfishness... at least, all the bad ET did was not only for himself, but for the sake of his entire clan. So to me, the fact that Tana has done all these just to satisfy herself, makes her really evil compared to the motives behind his father's doings. He still was pretty rotten, but not as bad as his diva daughter.
Once TN gets her punishment, I wonder what will be of her faithful companions... I see Le Maid totally betraying her to save her skin.

nanstarrr

said: Okay just a quick question hopefully those that watch dramas/awards show alot can answer my question So assuming this show does have 50 episode so broadcasting the drama will end around the end of April.... Does this drama qualify for the 2014 dramas as well? It is like 1/3 of the year!! (Though pretty much all cast got something cuz mbc 2013 dramas were so bad) Just want to say I wish it does cuz Ji chang wook got excellence awards for 2013 but seriously

the episodes that broadcasted in 2014 show how much his character have grown, it would be awesome if he then get upgraded to the "top excellence" lol just wishful thinking

New BTS of SN and WY, and WY/ED.  Looks like JJM may be giving out candy for the ladies for White Day, but then it should be the girls giving candy/chocolate to the guys.
Confirmed (based on google translate of the accompanying article), this is a White Day gift from JJM to the ladies.
13138079954_e2aff5d17c_o.jpg

13137868985_5a9c01190e_o.jpg

Credit: EK DC
@tessiero based on your version of the 'novel' I have an idea what you'd want SN to do with that huge candy in her hands. =))

Guest critics

@stclaus said:  Once TN gets her punishment, I wonder what will be of her faithful companions... I see Le Maid totally betraying her to save her skin.

I'm sorry for cutting your post..

Honestly, this is what I earnestly hope for.  If WY was able to show his direct betrayal to ET face-to-face before his death, then why not YW.   I think it is more meaningful if she turns her back on TN by the time she needs her the most to make her realize how awful a life can be without somebody to lean on at the lowest moment of her life.  In her entire life, she clings so much on the power her father successfully welded and uses it to the maximum level without fear and mercy to those she stepped on.  For me, losing the foundation she arrogantly claimed and the death of her father and brother are not enough.  She must receive severe punishment equivalent to her cruelty.  Sorry, so carried away by my emotion. LOL

This is what I think could happen with Tanasmirky's maids.
Cruella will likely die with DS, heck she might even offer to die with DS because she's so loyal to her.
El Maid really has nothing to bargain with SN at this moment, whether she betrays DS or not, DS is sentenced to die already.  
I think though SN is going to spare her only to make her a lowly musuri again, and have all the other musuri pick on her.  Let her get a taste of her own medicine.  Plus, El Plague is still out there, somehow they gotta reunite and watch each other die.

Guest august101

El Maid might agree to testify against Tanasiri in exchange for her life. She might not know everything but she knows enough to condemn the empress to death. I don't think her father's rebellion alone is enough to off Tanasiri.

Speaking of the maids isn't it about time SN's got a promotion to court lady?

@DJG - Oh, thanks so much! I don't know why I keep forgetting this is about the Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty in China and not just a normal K-drama sageuk. *sigh* I've been expecting be-headings, heads on spikes and dismemberment. (along with the usual forced poison drinking) 
@pegster - I have no idea what you're talking about. :-\"  I'm completely innocent. 
So sweet! JJM giving out candy for the ladies! 
TTd.jpg

Giant lollipop??? Me want some too!!! :))

I guess Tana is really out. No lollipop for her? LOL

Friend said : "It's too bad her death might not be painful. I wanted SN to go Gemma Teller on her a*** just like she did with Tara. Too bad there is no kitchen sink in Yuan." =))

I don't know. I kept expecting El Maid to sell Tana out a long time ago, but yet the girl keeps on acting like she's really loyal. Cruella would probably throw herself on a blade going in Tana's direction.

Am i the only one who doesn't find that Yuan General smexy or whatever y'all call him? *shrugs*

I was thinking the same thing about HD and PBH.  I hope they'll get a promotion in the next episode.
Like I said, unless if the writers really want to give El Maid a specific reason to stay alive, there is no need for any further betrayal to take Tana's life.  TH has already disposed her as Empress, now it is only a matter of his decision to kill or not to kill.  The crime that her father committed, treason against Yuan, attempting to assassinate the Emperor, assassinating the last Emperor, that is a crime to be punished by 誅九族 (zhū lián jiǔ zú - nine familial exterminations).
I think if Tana wasn't such a *****, and actually repented her crimes, TH may have let her live.  Even till now she doesn't see her own faults, and continue to blame others for everything.  Not only that, she even when she dies, she wants to drag MaHa into it and have MaHa revenge her against SN.
When ED said that to Tana, she even dare to say that TH is ET's son in law, so what about him.  She tried to use that against them.  Silly woman, that's why TH disposed you, aka divorced you!
Also, I don't know how true the rumours are about the production keeping Tana on for longer because she was so popular.  She was originally slated to be in the drama for 30 episodes, if we count that she joined at the end of EP6, and there were several episodes where she only had a couple minutes of screentime, then really, she's leaving on schedule.  It's confirmed that she'll be exiting on EP38.
@chrissydiva, no you're not the only one who doesn't find that general, Won Jin, smexy, but he is not bad haha

SY is such a bad richard simmons when talking to TN, Tanafugly wishes she could be as bad richard simmons as SY

SY. Don't worry you will soon join your father in hell!

TN: This isn't over , not until I'm dead!

SN: It sounds like you want me to kill you. Don't worry you will soon get your wish!

I saw on the preview SY said I want to hear you scream. But she never said that in ep 37

LOL So I guess WY got exempt of that extermination rule since he backstabbed ET clan. So what about the chick abandoned in Goryeo? Is she immune to the axe too? Not that WY would care :))

I'm sorry I know as a woman I should sympathize with her but I can't really with a character non existent on the show.