[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest lexurite

Hey ! I just sign in in Soompi to join this thread ! I've been reading it for a long moment and now I just want to share my opinion too ^^
As for TN's death being dragged, I think it has more to do with the popularity of TN among K-viewers. I read once that her character was really appreciated, but I think she's appreciated in the way Lady Mishil was. Like people are watching the show to watch her too. So knowing that, the writers wanted to keep a bit longer TN's fans and launch their new plot to keep those viewers no matter what. I think they learned from the errors Queen Seonduk's writers did : kill Mishil and her minions in the same episode. After her death, the ratings of drama dramatically dropped (from 40% to 30-20 %). And with the heavy competition of God's Gift (which its ratings keep rising), they need to do their best to solidify for good a large fanbase until the end. 
Anyway, I actually want SN to go evil. Why ? Because I'm tired of nice and clean heroines. Let's not forget we are in the ancient times and during those times, especially for women, you needed to do dark and questionable stuff to get what you want. Just look at WY. He had to cheat, lie, kill, abandon the love of his life, and more to get his throne back. And if she goes evil (but not totally hey), it will be actually more credible since it will respect a bit more the History. Also, it will show us what is the cost of power and give us good morals. 

Guest HanN1430293555

gudevening guys, do u know where i can watch EK ep 37 with eng. sub,? the EPdrama.com and Dramago.com didnt release it yet, usually every Thursday they released two ep. with eng. sub, but not today. :(
pls tell me, if u know 

Thnk u love yah,

Guest dhebbie2t

minnie0103 said: A brief translation of Jung Woong In's (Yeom Byung Soo) interview on MBC 'Section TV' (March 9):
Jung Woong In said that he hopes he can also try playing a part/role in a sad, romantic love production. He even joked that even with the kind of face he has, he can play a sad love story, too. When asked with whom does he wish to do it, he said, "With Ha Ji Won, the one I gave innumerable difficulties to face on TV." He added, "Jiwon-ah, I'm sorry. I was asked, I had to speak out." Jung Woong In also said some things about her, similar with what Ji Chang Wook said previously. :) 

Guest dhebbie2t

Omo, I just out for 2 days, then the thread runs over 20 pages
Anyway, Bang knows that the baby that the nun is talking about is WangYu's
Eotokki?

Guest dhebbie2t

@SeGafanlady everyone noticed that TalTal's precious smile...waaaaaaaaaaah.. because in his character it is unusual to make a smile but hhhmmm he did, and yah you are right....because of that ONE GIRL....aiyoo

Guest dhebbie2t

HanN said: gudevening guys, do u know where i can watch EK ep 37 with eng. sub,? the EPdrama.com and Dramago.com didnt release it yet, usually every Thursday they released two ep. with eng. sub, but not today. :(
pls tell me, if u know 

Thnk u love yah,

If the new empress is suppose to be a badder more devious version of TN, how will they get rid of her in a couple of episodes. Will there be a time skip where they will jump ahead to the point where BA is corrupted? That way they will just oust her with him. I really want SN to send her to the cold palace at least before then ( they got to at least give SN the satisfaction of humiliating/ getting back at her individually.)
Also adding in the new empress signifies that the partnership between BA, ED, and SN is dissolved. It may appear like betrayal to SN and we know how much she is prone to revenge, will her first step be to recruit TT. If we think about it, ED has influence, but she is not smarter than SN. In the Yuan court supporters are flippant and all we need is one good manipulation to turn the tide of support. Then there is the fact that BA is not much without TT. The most you can say about BA is that he has a well trained army and is a good warrior, but he lacks self-control. 
Hmmm I look forward to seeing a more calculating SN. With a TT-SN combo the elaborate plots that can be set up can be fantastic on a masterful level. So with that in mind I just want to say, WRnim, PDnim :DO IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
  ass-kicking.gif          slapping.gif

It's obvious the coalition that overthrew ET could never last. They came together to fight a common enemy, but the end goal of each member was different. WY wanted Goryeo to regain its autonomy. TH wanted to reclaim his rightful position, SN wanted revenge at first, but now wants power as well. The ED wanted control of the inner court, the governors wanted to gain power by being related to the imperial family  etc. Everyone had their own interests, and with the enemy gone, it makes sense that they will now turn on each other.

In this sense, ET did somewhat win in the end. His corruption was so massive, he bankrupted the country, gave power to warlords that threatened the country and caused so much hatred for the ruling class among the citizens that the dynasty was easy pickings for the uprising that would later end them once and for all. Their famed military fell into disarray and infighting as there was no consensus in leadership.

Regarding the drama, the scene where ET went on and on about SN, had me  the drama. Why was he given a free forum to spout his nonsense? But the drama needed a way to show why ED and BY turned on SN so quickly. In real life EK and TH did become estranged in their later years, but I doubt this drama would go there in fear of irking the shippers and fans of both characters.