[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest missred123

Hey guys!! Hoped everyone had a Happy White Day!! :x

Ep 36

TH really!

The nun is all nervous now that TN is looking for her. Like, nun what did you expect, She almost melted you.

Why is Bang helping the nun?? Is it WY responsibility? SN should take care of that.

Whoever did that burn makeup on the nun did a terrible job!! It looks like it's peeling off. Yuck!

So, the Nun is dead. Tsk, tsk, tsk.. Ray Charles, could have seen that coming.

Damn, ET your dream was right on target. Ok, can somebody give ET some lip balm, chap stuck, Vaseline.

Hahahaha hahahahaha!! What's up with BS costume and an earring to boot. Hahahaha!! BS, is going to be the Emperor of Yuan in the end. :-O

Batolu is in love :x

TalTal is impress by LK insistence to stay with TH. It's the first time I saw TalTal smile. :-? I don't know how to react/ handle that.

<:-P / :(

Guys, is it me, or the cold place look warmer/cleaner than when TN was there. :-B

ET knows his time is up, so he hand over his reins to DK.

Batolu came to help the king. The king realized that Batolu is in love with him. Damn! WY got skills, every woman falls. 8->

TH went to the cold place to keep LK warm. Awwwww...

Why the hell is Bayan troops marching soo slow! Damn, you haven't won yet, get the stepping!! :!!

After WY's pep talk I was like, yes! We are one!! Let fight foorrrrr Goryeo, no no Yuan..

:-?? :-?? Like, who are we fighting for again :-? Hahahah!

Ep 36

Was not as entertaining, I guess to take down ET can be a boring task and it shows in this ep.

Guest yuiivip

@EstelleH‌ I'm rewatching now. From ep 21 to 37 :)) TH is so handsome. I'm hopelessly fall for him.

@minnie0103‌ It would be nice to see TN kneeling & begging for forgiveness from SN too. :))

Guest yuiivip

@EstelleH His heart is already full with SN so I don't think he will give the new empress a place in his heart.

But Maha is the problem. If he know about him being SN & WY's son, I don't think he can handle that. Also there's no proof that Maha is not TH son, right? They can't even check DNA.

~X(

I wanna see SN getting jealous. 8->

@yuiivip‌ Well the thing is that I'm sure empress dowager is gunna be the one behind all problems that will cause nyang and the emperor to drift apart. I mean she's definitely not gunna allow nyang be so close to the emperor now that she know nyang can be very powerful. The new empress is definitely a big issue, I think she will try to make the emperor think that nyang is greedy and such.

Ok, this is pretty interesting.  I just read a new spoiler (of the upcoming sections of the drama) from the novel translated to Chinese on Baidu.
You can't even really consider this a spoiler for the drama because a lot of the details, fairly important ones, are completely different in the novel vs. the drama.

• [*]
If I understand the translations correctly, by this time (after ET is gone) TH, never knew about SN and WY, as in that they had feelings for each other.[*]It seems to imply that TH knew that SN was not a virgin, but he doesn't know who she had slept with.  It was customary that the tribute women have their first night one someone (one of the soldiers maybe) on their way to the palace.[*]BA is actually the first person to oppose of TH appointing SN as the primary Empress, this is when he tells TH about SN and WY, and WG is there to confirm that WY was the person who slept with SN on her first night.  TT is also on BA's side still at this time.This is when TH starts to become suspicious of SN, and he is clear that SN does not have him in her heart.[*]It was SN who recruited WY to help with their plan against ET.[*]By this time, SN already has a group of supporters in the outer courts (maybe officials and governors).[*]WY warns SN about BA's intentions to stop her from being primary Empress.  [*]SN realizing how much rift it could cause, is actually the one to suggest that BA's niece be made Empress at the time TH is trying to convince his courts to agree to it.  BA's side opposes SN being Empress, and SN's supporters obviously want her to be Empress.[*]The novel translations is somewhat implying that BA and ED are from the same clan as the translations indicate that the Empress has always been from one clan, and BA belongs to that clan.[*]SN knows that even with the new Empress, her power will not be at risk, one of the reason is she somehow found out that BA's niece is sterile, so we'll have to see if the drama follows that as well. [*]At this time, SN is still pregnant, so Ayu hasn't been born yet.[*]SN already knows that MaHa is her son.[*]BA and TT both don't want WY to get his throne back, as they know how dangerous it can be if he rules Goryeo.  This is completely opposite of what's in the drama as BA was the one who told TH all WY wanted was to have his throne back for helping get rid of ET.[*]Even till now, it doesn't seem like SN has much feelings for TH.[*]BA's ambitions to be the next ET are prominently displayed, which is different from the drama, so far we don't really see a lot of ambition in the drama, it seems like BA really just wants what's good for Yuan.

Some things things in the novel that we might see in the drama:

TT suggests that WY marry one of the princess before TH grant him his throne back and allow him to return to Goryeo.They set WY's wedding night on the same day that TH 'marries' the new Empress.TH is obviously not happy to have his first night with the new Empress and is a little drank, he thinks of SN.WY is feeling the same, so he plays his instrument which both TH and SN hears.  SN ends up following the sound and runs into WY.  This is when WY hugs her, at this time she has the urge to tell him about Byul.  She manages to control her emotions and quickly gets away, and instead hands him a letter listing the things she wants him to do for Goryeo.When SN returns to her room, she sees TH there all angry, but she manages to settle him down by reminding him that she's having her As WY leaves for Goryeo, BA plans on killing him on his way back.  The soldiers that he had trained for the capital patrol troops follow him back, BA tries to tell him that he's not allow to take Yuan soldiers with him, but he tells BA that without their uniforms, they're just Goryeo citizens.BA and WY battle it out, and BA ends up losing.BA tries to tell TH, but SN stops him and tells him that she was the one who rewarded those people to WY, and she'll take care of it with WY.TT was actually not aware that BA went off on his own to try to kill WY, this is the first time BA does something wintout
I highly think that on TH's wedding night with the new Empress, he's going to walk out on her and go see SN instead.  
If we get to hear JCWs new OST in EP38/39, I think a good time to play it first the first time would be when TH goes to see SN on his wedding night.

While waiting, I was doing some research on history about the Yuan Dynasty. TH said his great great great grandfather is Genghis Khan, so I was curious to do some research. I thought the Emperor TH was Chinese, but actually his origin was Mongolian (No wonder he was illiterate in Chinese). If the script writer follows history, Baek Ahn will be very powerful and has conflict with the Emperor, and his nephew Taltal will go against him later on. Eventually Baek Ann lost. I guess the new villain is Baek Ahn. It's funny that JCW just posted a pic with him on his Twitter, but I think in the drama they will fight against each other soon. I don't know  how far the drama will go, but finally Emperor TH fled to Mongolia, and the Yuan Dynasty was replaced by the Ming Dynasty. In Mongolia, Ayu (Empress Ki's son) was throned as the next king. 

I watched chinese drama about later years of yuan dinasty with TH the last emperor to rull chinese, and ming dinasty as the hero, because yuan dinasty torments chinese people, It's very interesting to see storyline about yuan dynasty with it's last emperor from another aspect.

12blbl said: I watched chinese drama about later years of yuan dinasty with TH the last emperor to rull chinese, and ming dinasty as the hero, because yuan dinasty torments chinese people, It's very interesting to see storyline about yuan dynasty with it's last emperor from another aspect.

Guest yuiivip

@EstelleH‌ We will see a lot of hateful scenes I guess.

@pegster if it is like what you told, there will be many scenes that will break my heart. Hope the writer will change. [-O<

Guest hunterdd

I noticed something in the last 2 episodes. The music that plays at the end of the episode is the same music that plays whenever there is some olalala between SN & TH recently. Does this mean anything?  :D

Guest critics

Wow! the incoming secondary empress of TH looks so different from her previous dramas.  She really is a beauty.  I can't imagine what would be the reaction of our emperor upon seeing her fresh and enticing personality.  If I were LK, I would be jealous to death!  Thanks God she has Ayu to fascinate and divert most of her time.   =((
Thanks to @ChelseaS for posting/sharing her latest pic.  So excited and ready for the next episodes.