✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

On 6/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, joyspartace_stv said:

Ruler's last episode will be on July 13th and the animated dubbing movie that she will be in will premiere on the same exact date (:

Yes!! their popularity is global :) I even suspected that's why they chose JCW and our Sohyunie for the korean dub and why the premiere is on July 13th, if we think of it this way, that means the popularity of Sohyunie is really widely known :):) so proud here :D

I'm looking forward to their BTS while recording and hopefully some interviews together for promotion, I hope these 2 will click :)

Sohyunie, fighting~!

@pageturner hello~ fellow sohyun fan welcome to the thread :) what a coincidence, i re-watched pageturner just last night while waiting for new eps of ruler. Its a good thing that you learn abt our Sohyun thru it, its really one of my favorites :) and Sohyun is also very fond of her character, Yoo Seul. :heart:

@joyspartace_stv im quite on the same situation as you last last week, i was so sad bec they keep on targeting Sohyun abt those things (ratings, popularity, drama choices etc) :bawling: I even stopped visiting and checking social media and forums just to mend my heart, Im so sad for Sohyun bec even us fans are affected of these things what more if she will be able to read those comments :bawling:  I just hope they will stop, but as i was able to cope up after few days, I found out that Standby (Sohyun's korea fanclub) is very active in all platforms in defending Sohyunie, all i did was back up them with likes and positive comments haha and now, im on marathoning her previous works to stay positive and to remind me again why I should support her all the way. (sorry it got so longggg...)

• Like 8

@aineofcebu  I really LOVE Page Turner , that's why I am particularly excited about her character in "While you were sleeping" (even if it's just a cameo) because it's the same writer (Park Hye-Ryun). I've probably watched Page Turner a dozen times! :D:wub:

Anyways, I am currently watching Reset. and Awwwwwwww :wub: that bts you shared-  So- hyun's so sweet! I almost want you to direct me to the Standby fanpage site but I don't want to read ridiculous hater comments.

8 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I spent the last hour reading disgusting comments from people about KSH. They kept degrading and slandering her for choosing Ruler because she just "wanted to be on top after what happened to KYJ's drama" LIKE WHAT? And they kept saying that KSH is more favorable since she had so many dramas in the last 2 years. 

I follow KDRAMA like it's my life. And I can say that KYJ rejects dramas more because she has a particular taste probably. So, she chooses dramas that's more to her liking I believe. That has NOTHING to do with KSH. I don't know why people always pit these two together - I mean, I know it's for comparison. But when people do that - saying mean things about KSH OR KYJ, it's just not right. These two are still such close friends and it's sad to hear that KSH is being hated just because of certain factors that's out of her hands.

from what I know, KYJ recently had a fan meeting and she called So Hyun - "Sohyuniee" I mean HOW CUTE IS THEIR FRIENDSHIP?

i just wish that kdrama land & particially the media in Korea would learn that they're only harming these two young girls by always comparing them. It's spreading like wildfire internationally now since both of them are more globally known. It's sad. They're both such beautiful, talented and respected actresses in their field. 

I cant even go through one fanmade video or a picture of KSH without seeing hate comments. It's just everywhere. It's also vice versa.

Oh my! Gotta say, I try to steer away from looking at those comments too much because I know i will be upset and those comments can be ridiculous. Why are they hating again? Is it to make themselves feel better? Probably!

I actually think YJG, KYJ and So-hyun should totally reunite in a saguek movie with all three of them playing well written and fleshed out characters with So-hyun playing the villain. With how So-hyun's character being underwritten in Ruler, I am ready for her to play a villain again ~ well that's just my wish anyway.

• Like 4

@aineofcebu & @pageturner 

i try my best to look away from the hate also. I know the fandom base in Korea is really strong for KSH so she doesn't receive hate there that much. It's the international fans that tend to put all the hate in her for no reason. Some even go as far as commenting or making fun of her deceased father supposedly. It's just all kinds of wrong.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

@aineofcebu & @pageturner 

i try my best to look away from the hate also. I know the fandom base in Korea is really strong for KSH so she doesn't receive hate there that much. It's the international fans that tend to put all the hate in her for no reason. Some even go as far as commenting or making fun of her deceased father supposedly. It's just all kinds of wrong.

What happened to her dad?

• Like 2

Just ignore them @joyspartace_stv. They're just sick people. As long as we don't blame an ill person for coughing, let's do the same with brainless people who post brainless messages. As well as catching a cold, only time will allow them to mature.

I think it's worse for normal KYJ fans and for KYJ herself. They must stand for all that nonsense every day.

@pageturner, welcome to KSH forum. And if you think Ruler's plot is random, be prepared for Reset... actually, what helps me ignore all those plot holes is the fact that I watched Reset some months earlier :D

• Like 4

KSH's contract expires in July after 7 years with SidusHQ. It says that she may resign with them (her agency is filled with good actors and this place has been treating her well) so if she stays, I guess it's a good thing. I hope the agency will help us in trying to put the end in the comparison with her label mate, KYJ.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I hope the agency will help us in trying to put the end in the comparison with her label mate, KYJ.

I guess too, but I'm afraid it won't. There is this saying in my country, "no matter if it's good or bad talk, let people talk about you". One way or another, Sidus is getting benefit from this situation: people talking about 'KSH vs KYJ' means people "ignoring" other child/young actors. This is an old strategy: think about those ancient wars in the world of pop/rock music: Stones vs Beatles, Duran Duran vs Spandau Ballet, Blur vs Oasis... promoted by the press and the record labels themselves.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, first time posting here :lol: im just gonna camp here and heal my heart. Ruler:master of the mask traumatised me so much, im gonna have to binge watch page turner and school 2015. 

My baby sohyun, must have been hard for you to read all the negative comments:bawling: if you guys have time, you can comment on that picture to show your support for KSH. Show them that they suck for doing that to her LOL

:bawling::bawling:

• Like 6

always here for Sohyun :) I sent a msg to her in IG, I was shocked as well when she posted a msg in DC, this means all those comments caught up to her. This is really new to us, now I'm here wishing that sohyun will meet the most amazing writer with the best script for her along with the outstanding PD/production regardless of who's going to be her pair... pls pdnims and good writers, cast sohyun in your most successful future projects, where she can unleash her full potential as an actress. :blush:

Sohyunie, fighting~

PS after ruler, I truly wish for her to have a rest/vacation or to focus on her studies (incoming college), or i truly trust sohyun to decide on what's best for her. awww my heart is still hurt :bawling:

• Like 5

Even KSH don't do any filming projects hope she do ton magazine shoots and attends public events and such so can at least see her from time to time. And hope gets to travel for magazine shoots and share amazing selfies. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, mindstar said:

Even if KSH doesn't do any filming projects I do hope she does a ton of magazine shoots and attends public events and such so that we can at least see her from time to time. And I hope she gets to travel for her magazine shoots and share amazing selfies.

I hope people will stop associating GE's poorly written character to KSH the person/actress because it really is not up to her. She is only doing her job and also she is only 18, she can't really demand that the writer/pd make improvements to her character which some older/veteran actresses can. Come back stronger Sohyun-a!

I love it :heart: photoshoots abroad or maybe Fanmeetings double :heart: :heart::lol:

But knowing how hardworking Sohyun is, I know she wouldn't let her fans miss her so much, she's going to have lots of news for us. And kudos to KSH's fandom, we got real time updates of her..

Sohyunie, fighting ~ :blush:

A lot of Let's Fight Ghost BTS is revealed these days, you may check out this IG,

Missing Kim Hyun Ji ~ :heart:

• Like 4

On 6/30/2017 at 3:36 PM, aineofcebu said:

I love it :heart: photoshoots abroad or maybe Fanmeetings double :heart: :heart::lol:

But knowing how hardworking Sohyun is, I know she wouldn't let her fans miss her so much, she's going to have lots of news for us. And kudos to KSH's fandom, we got real time updates of her..

Sohyunie, fighting ~ :blush:

A lot of Let's Fight Ghost BTS is revealed these days, you may check out this IG,

Missing Kim Hyun Ji ~ :heart:

OMG fan meetings! Lots please! Fan meetings and photo shoots abroad sounds like a winning combination! ?

And thank goodness for the LFG BTS vidoes that seems to be pouring out these days! Many thanks to the Japanese fans for that!

• Like 2

Kinda repeating myself I know, I have to let this out here for my own sanity : Is anyone DEVASTATED with how the character development of Ga-eun is going? I am totally DEVASTATED. With all the hype, promos, director's comments before the drama, gotta say I feel betrayed to the point of feeling sick.:( All those months full of anticipation for I don't know what anymore.

After this, I will probably be sensitive to any casting news of So-hyun. Probably will go all Sherlock.

Here's hoping for a well-written, well-developed character in a good movie/ drama next for So-hyun.

@angrytomato Reset is a good distraction for me while watching Ruler. :) I am thankful for this distraction.

@aineofcebu Page Turner's one of my favourite, it is such a warm drama. Edit: Just realised I already replied to you about my love for Page Turner, haha sorry for doing it again.

@googleme thanks for the idea, going to binge watch also.

Edited by pageturner
wanted to add something more
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, aineofcebu said:

always here for Sohyun :) I sent a msg to her in IG, I was shocked as well when she posted a msg in DC, this means all those comments caught up to her. This is really new to us, now I'm here wishing that sohyun will meet the most amazing writer with the best script for her along with the outstanding PD/production regardless of who's going to be her pair... pls pdnims and good writers, cast sohyun in your most successful future projects, where she can unleash her full potential as an actress. :blush:

Sohyunie, fighting~

PS after ruler, I truly wish for her to have a rest/vacation or to focus on her studies (incoming college), or i truly trust sohyun to decide on what's best for her. awww my heart is still hurt :bawling:

I have the same wish.:)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 5:26 AM, googleme said:

Ruler:master of the mask traumatised me so much, im gonna have to binge watch page turner and school 2015. 

"School 2015" was my first KSH drama (actually, my first drama ever) and I have fond memories of it, but I must warn you: it's a very pleasant experience for the first 13 episodes. From that point, you will be again traumatized:

Spoiler

Nah, it's not really a spoiler: at the ending, the writers somewhat managed to trash the four main characters: the twins, Tae-kwang and Yi-an. Nice shot! (irony). Last episode is pure secondhand embarrassment. Sometimes, Han Ga-eun reminds me of Lee Eun-bi: doing nothing and crying, doing nothing and crying...

Anyway, if you just focus at Kim So-hyun acting skills when dealing with two characters, then you will be fully pleased.

And yes, it's hard to watch these week's Ruler episodes (29-30-31-32) and realize that Ga-eun is more irrelevant than ever (even Lee-sun is developing himself!). I was even tempted to FF her scenes, a true sin coming from a KSH fan. I must confess my main interests now are Yoo Seung-ho and Heo Joon-ho.

On the contrary, "Let's Fight Ghost" was a (supposed to be) light drama which promised us very little and ended giving us a lot.

• Like 2