✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

I just saw KSH's article on Naver has 1300+ comments! :o

@joyspartace can I request you for some translations of the comments? I'm curious to know what knetz are saying because clearly they have a lot to say! Lol

Seriously, KSH is waaay too pretty! And her comments about Seung Ho are so cute! Makes me ship them even more! :wub:

• Like 6

@mindstar of course! rough translations as I will summarize what they say:

- "your acting was the best! don't worry about it! so hyun fighting!" 

- "there are so many comments on this article, I become very worried for So Hyun. It just means they care for you! don't worry about anything!"

- "surprised that So Hyun did so well! I didn't feel the slump at all! will anticipate for your next project!" 

- "kim so hyun is good at acting, the problem was he writers" 

- I appreciate the hard work by Kim So Hyun & Yoo Seung Ho, all the other actors too"

- "acting was very good but the writers made Ga Eun so frustrating, I didn't like the character"

- "come back with a better work, always stay cheerful!"

- "always cheering for you! Kim So Hyun fighting!" 

The article was trending on Naver for hours. It already has over 1000+ comments on it. Most of the comments, like above, are mostly positive and understanding why she felt the way she did. Some comments were criticizing the writers for failing on the character and demanding for those writers to never write again. A small percentage of comments were negative - talking about her face though so I wouldn't worry too much about those negative comments, they're just trolls. Other than that, I would say the article was really eye opening to most people. 

I am relieved that KSH said what she had to say. She was honest and it was painfully hard to read her struggles of her first slump. She is still young, not even an adult yet, she has overcome it and will slowly learn how to handle things better I feel like. I am also happy to see that there are so many people supporting her and writing comments to reassure her that it wasn't her but it was the badly written character itself by those writers.  

• Like 8

KSH also commented on how she doesn't have plans to come back with a drama or film anytime soon. She will focus her energy on studying (she should be at the point where she's studying for the college entrance exams) and resting for now. If she does make a comeback, she will chose her next project carefully to meet fans again.

I only roughly translated/explained the part of her talking about her struggles in understading her character. She had said a lot of positive things about Ruler & YSH. So, I think overall, Ruler was a good experience for her since she met so many wonderful people and has shared memories with them from winter to summer (: 

she shared how grateful she is to the viewers for having Ruler stay in first place with the ratings from beginning to end. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

@mindstar of course! rough translations as I will summarize what they say:

- "your acting was the best! don't worry about it! so hyun fighting!" 

- "there are so many comments on this article, I become very worried for So Hyun. It just means they care for you! don't worry about anything!"

- "surprised that So Hyun did so well! I didn't feel the slump at all! will anticipate for your next project!" 

- "kim so hyun is good at acting, the problem was he writers" 

- I appreciate the hard work by Kim So Hyun & Yoo Seung Ho, all the other actors too"

- "acting was very good but the writers made Ga Eun so frustrating, I didn't like the character"

- "come back with a better work, always stay cheerful!"

- "always cheering for you! Kim So Hyun fighting!" 

The article was trending on Naver for hours. It already has over 1000+ comments on it. Most of the comments, like above, are mostly positive and understanding why she felt the way she did. Some comments were criticizing the writers for failing on the character and demanding for those writers to never write again. A small percentage of comments were negative - talking about her face though so I wouldn't worry too much about those negative comments, they're just trolls. Other than that, I would say the article was really eye opening to most people. 

I am relieved that KSH said what she had to say. She was honest and it was painfully hard to read her struggles of her first slump. She is still young, not even an adult yet, she has overcome it and will slowly learn how to handle things better I feel like. I am also happy to see that there are so many people supporting her and writing comments to reassure her that it wasn't her but it was the badly written character itself by those writers.  

Chingu, once again very many thanks for the translations! I love how you summarised the comments and I agree with you, I'm glad KSH was able to freely express how she felt about her character. It really needed to be said and while do not see this as a slump for her at all I can understand where she's coming from when she says that. I feel like whatever she does next we'll be seeing a new phase in her acting because it feels like she has matured even more (is that even possible!? Lol).

Hope she does a lot of photoshoots and continues to grace us with her gorgeous visuals! I thought her post LFG interview pics were amazing but these are even better! I'm in awe of her beauty! :wub:

Also, I saw an article about her saying something about Masked Singer and Infinite L but I couldn't make sense of it because Google Translate is literally the worst!

I'm sending you another translation request for whenever you have the time! It seems like a lighter article than the ones we've seen till now. Thanks in advance once again chingu! 

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201707/sp20170714175154136720.htm

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

KSH also commented on how she doesn't have plans to come back with a drama or film anytime soon. She will focus her energy on studying (she should be at the point where she's studying for the college entrance exams) and resting for now. If she does make a comeback, she will chose her next project carefully to meet fans again.

I only roughly translated/explained the part of her talking about her struggles in understading her character. She had said a lot of positive things about Ruler & YSH. So, I think overall, Ruler was a good experience for her since she met so many wonderful people and has shared memories with them from winter to summer (: 

she shared how grateful she is to the viewers for having Ruler stay in first place with the ratings from beginning to end. 

I hope the cast stays close because they did spend and inordinate amount of time together for a 20 episode drama. I love the casts sharing pics of each other on instagram and CW is now acting opposite KSH's BFF! What a happy coincidence! 

I've honestly never had a problem with KSH's project selection. Apart from Ruler almost all her drama's showed off her acting abilities very well but I guess now that she's entering her 20s she'd want to be more selective. 

Wish her luck for all her upcoming exams!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mindstar said:

I'm sending you another translation request for whenever you have the time! It seems like a lighter article than the ones we've seen till now. Thanks in advance once again chingu! 

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201707/sp20170714175154136720.htm

You're welcome!

i read this article earlier already. 

She expressed being able to see an OST with her voice in a drama is very meaningful. Since she isn't a singer and didn't have time to practice much with the song, she couldn't convey her feelings as Han Ga Eun as much as she could while trying her best. If she could do another OST some other time, she will make sure to practice more. KSH said she would appreciate the proposal from Masked Singer but she should only work harder on what she can do. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

You're welcome!

i read this article earlier already. 

She expressed being able to see an OST with her voice in a drama is very meaningful. Since she isn't a singer and didn't have time to practice much with the song, she couldn't convey her feelings as Han Ga Eun as much as she could while trying her best. If she could do another OST some other time, she will make sure to practice more. KSH said she would appreciate the proposal from Masked Singer but she should only work harder on what she can do. 

Hahaha! Yes KSH has been saying she's a terrible singer but somehow she's already sung like 7 OSTs! It was so funny to hear BYR say 'Let's do another Vlive when KSH releases an album' and she was like 'What now!?' Damn that Vlive is still the best part of the whole drama! Lol 

• Like 4

Thanks @joyspartace for the translations!! :)

As a fan, I would like to look at it positively as well. I'm grateful that Sohyun experienced this "slump" as young as she is right now. This will make her stronger and more closely connected to her fans as she will enter adulthood. She's definitely my role model even if she's way younger than me..

And I agree, she's really so pretty in these new photos!! She's a blessing to the eyes, even my brother (same age as her) saved one pic of her as his wallpaper hahaha

Sohyunie, do all the things that you want to do. You deserve it, spoil yourself more. If only I can hug you right now, I will.. But I know you have your family and friends support, as well as Mongsok's kisses, so I know you're alright and this phase will soon pass. Fans as we are will always be here for you, and we will go through this together..

PS I wonder in which university she's planning to enter and in what major? Hmm

• Like 5

And here I thought she will be back with a bang by the end of the year! :lol:

Good decision on taking time and studying though. Even though I'm gonna miss her like crazy. She should also make English her priority ... I feel with her beauty and talent ... though she is quite young and have a long way to go ... I can easily imagine So Hyun in HW. 

• Like 5

Waaa! I'm so happy to see this forum active again! I love hearing everyone's views and comments! :)

KSH's Vietnam Fan Club translated the comments from her article so I'm leaving them here. Seriously a big shout out to them as well for their constant efforts!

DEtmMWyUMAEDHRh.jpg

DEtmMWyUMAEDHRh.jpg

DEtmMWyUQAAwvG7.jpg

DEtmMWyVwAAXYPY.jpg

• Like 8

Do you guys know when So Hyun gave this IV? Cause I heard SH gave one too ... but his ain't out yet. How long does it take for em to release post interviews? 

@mindstar Speaking of maturity - I haven't seen a more mature expression from her than this ... the way she smiled. Sexy.

u0dsjjZ.jpg

• Like 5

here is somewhat an even more ACCURATE translations of her interview. I knew that there were some words I couldn't understand from the interview lol 

The more and more I read on other translations, I realize that she is putting all the blame on herself. I just want to cry, she's just too humble and rather pick on herself than others. I am glad to see that she takes it as a growing period for her during Ruler. Glad that she takes the experience mentally like this and also glad to hear that she also met other good actors throughout the process.

• Like 8

@joyspartace this is kind of sad she is putting all the blame on her acting, her acting i consider it as a good performance, GE had too much emotions, she pulls it well, but i guess she felt stress and put so much effort, i feel sorry for her :( btw i hope she can still taking it as a positive step in her life for her future projects ♥ 

• Like 4

Those are exactly my thoughts. Although I'm kind of ignorant about Korean culture, I'm more used to Japaneses and I guess it's common for East people to blame themselves when they really want to blame others.

Now all that we want is So-hyun to get that self-confidence back. I hope her family and friends will support her.

As for me, I guess it's time to watch "I Miss You".

• Like 4

She is just 18. She is too hard on herself. She did her best ... that's all that matters. 

Like I said, as much as I'm gonna miss seeing her in dramas ... she needs to go out there and get some perspective. Rest, study, date, experience things ... She'll be fine. Even during the show I said it's a good thing she took this show even though it didn't do justice to her character ... she got to learn/experience things ... 

So Hyun should be lucky, she is getting to experience these things too early in life ... even her contemporaries haven't reached that far yet ... she wouldn't be struggling in her 20s. 

• Like 6