Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am new here - well, newly signed up but I have been lurking for a while now.

You could say I am a new fan of Ku Hye Sun. It was around maybe late 2018  I think when I saw Boys Over Flowers on Netflix. I remember many years ago how I've heard people talk about this drama so I decided to watch it. Although I found the drama funny, even at times when it wasn't supposed to be funny, I was drawn to it - especially to the Jan Di and Ji Hoo pairing. I know it's only a drama but I really adored the 2 of them, I really thought they looked good together, so I started looking for Boys Over Flowers fanfiction where the ending was different.

Anyway, I also looked up both actors, behind the scenes videos of the show, and I was impressed especially with KHS. I was amazed at how talented she was. Such a jack(ie) of all trades! I even watched her other dramas like Absolute Boyfriend, The Musical, Take Care of Us Captain, Angel Eyes, and Blood. I wish I could find the earlier ones with subs: The King and I, and Strongest Chilwoo. I wish to one day be able to see her art exhibit.

When I discovered this soompi forum, I have started reading from the first page - even cross-referencing BOF promo related posts on Kim Hyun Joong's page hehe. 

Like all of you as a fan of KHS, I wish her success and real happiness. I hope she completely heals from all the pain she has been through and not mind the haters. From what I see on some Facebook groups and YouTube comments on her videos - even from a decade ago, a lot of people admire her talent and beauty.  

I also want to add that I saw The Manager episode she was on. What a hilarious show! 
It was also quite touching how she is treated like family by her management agency.

Edited by SidheartA
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SidheartA said:

Hi! I am new here - well, newly signed up but I have been lurking for a while now.

You could say I am a new fan of Ku Hye Sun. It was around maybe late 2018  I think when I saw Boys Over Flowers on Netflix. I remember many years ago how I've heard people talk about this drama so I decided to watch it. Although I found the drama funny, even at times when it wasn't supposed to be funny, I was drawn to it - especially to the Jan Di and Ji Hoo pairing. I know it's only a drama but I really adored the 2 of them, I really thought they looked good together, so I started looking for Boys Over Flowers fanfiction where the ending was different.

Anyway, I also looked up both actors, behind the scenes videos of the show, and I was impressed especially with KHS. I was amazed at how talented she was. Such a jack(ie) of all trades! I even watched her other dramas like Absolute Boyfriend, The Musical, Take Care of Us Captain, Angel Eyes, and Blood. I wish I could find the earlier ones with subs: The King and I, and Strongest Chilwoo. I wish to one day be able to see her art exhibit.

When I discovered this soompi forum, I have started reading from the first page - even cross-referencing BOF promo related posts on Kim Hyun Joong's page hehe. 

Like all of you as a fan of KHS, I wish her success and real happiness. I hope she completely heals from all the pain she has been through and not mind the haters. From what I see on some Facebook groups and YouTube comments on her videos - even from a decade ago, a lot of people admire her talent and beauty.  

I also want to add that I saw The Manager episode she was on. What a hilarious show! 
It was also quite touching how she is treated like family by her management agency.

Hi @SidheartA, and welcome to the Goo Hye Sun Soompi page! As a long time fan of this incredible person, I commend of your ability to do the research and find out for your self just how remarkable and diverse in talent, and tenacity, this person has been and remains. I became aware and completely hooked on her through the KBS affiliate, in Los Angeles, and through my favorite all time drama Pure in Heart (aka Pure 19, or Hearts of 19) which ran on local television nearly fifteen years ago. Due to this long running daily drama, I also became a fan of several of her co stars (Lee Yoon Ji, who played the second lead actress and is also the picture that I have for my Soompi picture which you see here, being one) which lead me down the path to many other dramas and players over the years. Soompi was probably the main site that opened up this world to be and I couldn't be more thankful. We do have a great crowd here.

Being as you are on a search to back track dramas of hers, or just about anyone else's, I know of a site that is a never ending source of the latest and many of the greatest dramas, that being DRAMACOOL. Never is there ever a charge, or anything invasive to your system, and it is like a huge library of Asian dramas (including those from Japan, Korean, China, etc.) and movies. I don't know of any other site that has so much to offer in this area.

The address to Goo Hye Sun's first major starring role, Pure in Heart (which will keep you busy for several months following the plucky heroine, 'Yang Gukwha', played exquisitely by our girl!) may be found here: 

https://dramacool.so/drama-detail/pure-19   

It's not as high quality, in picture, as other, more recent dramas, but is fully subbed and will guarantee that you fall in love with another one of her characters just as we have for Geum Jandi and every other fictional person that she has brought to life. She was about 22, at the time, and a sweeter character you would be hard-pressed to find. Along with this drama, her page at the site will give you all of the others that you seek. That treasure trove may be found here:  https://dramacool.so/star/koo-hye-sun

Happy watching, and welcome to the club!! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the warm welcome, obbor4. I will check out those links for sure.

Just wondering, did most of the people here deactivated and moved to  her IG or just stopped being fans of KHS? It would be so sad if it were the latter.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, SidheartA said:

Just wondering, did most of the people here deactivated and moved to  her IG or just stopped being fans of KHS? It would be so sad if it were the latter.

I don't know that anyone has deactivated other than Hye Sun, herself. Personally, I am a fan of GHS through her dramas, while noting her exploits in other areas, but generally waiting around for her to play another character on the small screen. If you came to her to admire her work as an actress, there hasn't been any since the health problem that saw her leaving her last drama after six episodes. A real pity as her performance in You Are Too Much looked like another great chance for her to shine. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Germania Meneses said:

I want to know if this thread is over? Because sadly it´s been almost two months since no one  commented on Koo Hye Sun here 

I wouldn't think so. We just need for our girl come back into the fold and make a drama, or something with mass appeal for people to have something to talk about. A YouTube channel is nice, but we all got to like her through her screen works, of which there have been none in years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

This may of interest. She's seems very happy and and proud to share some of her works here. Goo Hye Sun's channel on YouTube features many chances to see what she's up to these days and show support by visiting her site. Be sure that you use the closed captions button as some are fully subbed. This one is: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2021 at 6:01 AM, SidheartA said:

Hello to each of sunnies connected at this thread! @obbor4 @Germania Meneses @loveukoo thanks for keeping this thread active! It's been a long time since my last visit here.  Sorry for not coming so frequently, but, and in reply to @SidheartA (Welcome to this thread sis) yes, most of KHS fans are in IG.  I think this is mainly because Koo is very active in Instagram; sometimes she reply to her fans or acquaintances comments.  She is posting frequently about what she is doing.  But, to be honest, I miss this thread a lot! I miss all the veteran sunnies that always kept us informed about Koo.  I would like to know about @cheerkoo our leader here; @ZamZam, @SSun, @myonenonly and other that made this thread a lovely one.  I hope all of them are doing well.  I will try come here more frequently with news about our angel, since there will be sunnies that might not have Instragram.  I send a big sisterly hug to you all!

• Like 2

Hello! To @gelisacarras and all the sunnies, I hope everybody is fine. I just want to say that I also miss the comments of the sunnies in this thread, I miss your comments and I miss Cheerkoo´s translations and comments, which kept us informed about Koo. It makes me sad to see that months and months go by and nobody comments anything. With great sadness I think this thread is over 

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What does it take to get her back on the small screen?  I am sure she is missed so much.  How much does it take to product a 16 or 20 episode drama?  What will it require her come back?  I'd like to know then maybe we can do something about it.   Seriously!!!

• Awesome 1