36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. I think because of So You's heroic cooking and the fact that he was more concerned with being a skipper, so I guess seeing him keeping his hand on the wheel while looking around wasn't considered that entertaining. I don't know by who, because for me it was plenty entertaining... :) But it's possible that I'm also the kind of person that will watch him watch paint dry :D

Oh, but that one hand on the wheel and one hand on the side with wind blowing in his hair so many time is so handsome!  It's like he's naturally modeling without trying.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

I was packing my stuff for moving and I really forgot that I had this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YBajCn3GJYjr948pEWYM_lm4VNwvJMgu/view?usp=drivesdk

Also my most treasured DVD. Lol.

What is the link to? It requires permission...

Looks like there is going to be a season 3 to Urban cops... I kinda wanted JH to go back to this show... :( Also, I'm not surprised the fourth member of season 1 in no longer on the cast- he had a hard time last season...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

What is the link to? It requires permission...

Sorry, edited already. It's Fall in Love With Anchor Beauty DVD. I'm having a hard time with my lappy. Just formatting it. So, I still have problem to control all my file and drive. That's why I rarely online these  days.

• Like 3

This photographer's shots are all so far away, didnt realise there is a ball until i zoomed in

126851295_1837778789731108_4502604519998

126006104_1838038689705118_3082121932173

Jang Hyuk's power is showing at the Home Theatres instead of the Cinemas

Jang Hyuk is the current trend in the small screen.

The film "The Swordsman (directed by Choi Jae-hoon)" starring actor Jang Hyuk opened in the cinemas on September 23 and ended with a cumulative audience of 190,000. Although it was screened during the Chuseok holidays, it failed to make much impact in the cinemas due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So it seemed destined to be among one of the several unsuccessful films. However it revolted on the small screen. As soon as the IPTV and digital cable TV VOD services were launched on Nov. 5, 'The Swordsman' topped the box office of the online home theater. From Nov 5 to 23, it cliched the top spot without fail, even beating 'Pawn' which it lost to during the Chuseok holidays cinema.

In general, performance on IPTV and digital cable TV VOD is not much different from their performances in the cinemas. It is rare for a movie that has not been successful in cinemas to be a big hit in the small screen. The industry's formula is that only films which had been successful in cinemas can be successful in the home theatres However, 'The Swordsman' was different. The movie topped the list, beating well-known films such as "Silence" and "International Investigation," which were sufficiently promoted during cinemas' screening.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when Tae-yul, the best swordsman in Joseon who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter after the deposed of Gwanghaegun. Jang Hyuk's action performance is excellent enough to be named as the Joseon verysion of "Taken". In other words, action actor Jang Hyuk's performance instantly captivated the audience.

It is thanks to the good timing. With Corona 19 Pandemic, the pie in the IPTV and digital cable TV VOD markets has grown. Unlike the two-hour period when watched in the cinemas, the action movie can be better appreciated when watched comfortably on the small screen, is favored by the audience. In line with this, the heyday of action films took place. This is because although the narrative is simple, but it has many things to see. "Special Sources," starring Lee Jae-yoon, who started IPTV and digital cable TV VOD services at the same time as the theater's release, also quickly entered the seventh place in the box office of online theaters. Action films that have been produced in just a month or two targeting the IPTV market are also earning several times the production cost. Even if the reviews for the film are divided, Jang Hyuk's action is probably well-received, and it's natural that "The Swordsman" is doing well.

"The more empty cinemas are, the bigger the pie in IPTV revenue is," a film industry source said. We expect more films of the action genre to be made in the spotlight.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23929504

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

This photographer's shots are all so far away, didnt realise there is a ball until i zoomed in

It's a great for him to continue practicing without his punching bag. Even if it looks silly :) Having the gyms here closed again, I would love to find a similar contraption. Looks like a great way to spend energy... 

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk's power is showing at the Home Theatres instead of the Cinemas

The film "The Swordsman (directed by Choi Jae-hoon)" starring actor Jang Hyuk opened in the cinemas on September 23 and ended with a cumulative audience of 190,000. Although it was screened during the Chuseok holidays, it failed to make much impact in the cinemas due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So it seemed destined to be among one of the several unsuccessful films. However it revolted on the small screen. As soon as the IPTV and digital cable TV VOD services were launched on Nov. 5, 'The Swordsman' topped the box office of the online home theater. From Nov 5 to 23, it cliched the top spot without fail, even beating 'Pawn' which it lost to during the Chuseok holidays cinema.

In general, performance on IPTV and digital cable TV VOD is not much different from their performances in the cinemas. It is rare for a movie that has not been successful in cinemas to be a big hit in the small screen. The industry's formula is that only films which had been successful in cinemas can be successful in the home theatres However, 'The Swordsman' was different. The movie topped the list, beating well-known films such as "Silence" and "International Investigation," which were sufficiently promoted during cinemas' screening.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when Tae-yul, the best swordsman in Joseon who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter after the deposed of Gwanghaegun. Jang Hyuk's action performance is excellent enough to be named as the Joseon verysion of "Taken". In other words, action actor Jang Hyuk's performance instantly captivated the audience.

It is thanks to the good timing. With Corona 19 Pandemic, the pie in the IPTV and digital cable TV VOD markets has grown. Unlike the two-hour period when watched in the cinemas, the action movie can be better appreciated when watched comfortably on the small screen, is favored by the audience. In line with this, the heyday of action films took place. This is because although the narrative is simple, but it has many things to see. "Special Sources," starring Lee Jae-yoon, who started IPTV and digital cable TV VOD services at the same time as the theater's release, also quickly entered the seventh place in the box office of online theaters. Action films that have been produced in just a month or two targeting the IPTV market are also earning several times the production cost. Even if the reviews for the film are divided, Jang Hyuk's action is probably well-received, and it's natural that "The Swordsman" is doing well.

"The more empty cinemas are, the bigger the pie in IPTV revenue is," a film industry source said. We expect more films of the action genre to be made in the spotlight.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23929504

This article made me so happy! It's interesting that it says that the movie wasn't a success in SK cinemas and still is was chosen for a limited international release- I wonder why that was in that case... Also, I hope that its success in the TV VOD markets, will mean that it will reach Netflix soon. I want as many people as possible to be exposed to JH's brilliance. Even better- I want JH to come to the attention of more film makers around the world...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, yoeda said:

was packing my stuff for moving and I really forgot that I had this.

He had stubble on the cover! But was clean shaven in the show.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Same here! I guess the photographer wanted to capture the scenery as well but fans only want to zoom in on him..haha.

Like me.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Wow! That's really great news! Hope It will show on netflix too!

• Like 5

New pics from JH... so the entire movie is happening near the beach?

Another actor, Oh Dae-hwan, done filming...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDCSwkn9h5/

If you look at the video (one before last upload in the IG post) you can see JH coming from the back to the right, being helped to put his coat on while wanting to join their farewell to the actor

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

The director complained that Hyuk didn’t credit him as the photographer so he quickly added a comment below hahaha 

Really? So funny!!

20201126-214443.jpg

He should have changed his captions..haha!! And that emoticon haha

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

I think he is more active on IG now. I saw him leaving another comment on actor Oh dae hwan's IG (the guy on his left) too. He complimented the guy for his sincerity in his work. It was his last day of filming I think.

IMG-20201126-165715-122.jpg

Was a little surprised that the guy is actually 3 years younger than Hyuk..Hyuk looks so young.

His friend posted a funny comparison.. 

• LOL 1

35 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he is more active on IG now. I saw him leaving another comment on actor Oh dae hwan's IG (the guy on his left) too. He complimented the guy for his sincerity in his work. It was his last day of filming I think.

Yep, it's his last day :) 

https://twitter.com/zoi____/status/1331976250848526336

I wonder if this increased activity has something to do with the movie's filming coming to an end....

I want news on a new project already!!

Was a little surprised that the guy is actually 3 years younger than Hyuk..Hyuk looks so young.

His friend posted a funny comparison.. 

JH is so cute! Also, notice he is the smallest of the bunch, but I don't doubt he'd be able to convey a menacing enough presence that will rule them all! 

• Like 3

On 11/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, Biology Lesson said:

This connects to what people were saying about his behavior on set. It's amazing to see him not just helping, but rushing to help. He actually runs when someone asks for help, and all with such kindness... How can a person like him be real?! 

Yes, I think his kindness is what does me in. Always helping quickly, in not just big ways, but small ways too!

• Like 5