5 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Someone mentioned to me before that JH doesn't quite look Korean and looks Japanese in certain pictures/stylings... like this one below!

Do Japanese and Koreans look different?

I think only difference is beauty standards and styling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

The drama cynic in me can almost predict this haha. Someone will come to him and say that they really need his expertise to track down a killer, that he is the only one who can help them and beg him for it. He will not care, until he hears that the killer sounds like the one that killed his fiance, or has similarities to the case of his fiance. And knowing that he has an opportunity to track him/her down, he quickly jumps on it and comes back to the team... hahahahaha... 

Woo, this sounds like MJH in Voice...scary... well, I don't hate Voice, but we really don't need a part 2, haha...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

I think generally J girls are shorter and smaller eyes. K girls (majority) looks like doll. Any diff for guys? 

@azureblue7I finally got my Pil Joo up. He is still working behind the desk. :sweat_smile:

@PrettysupThanks for the photo. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Since when had he ever said anything bad against any of his works?

He never does, does he? Another reason to respect him... Even the reason he gave for doing LBW again is the fact that Empire of Lust was only 2 hours. He never said a bad word about that movie (though I sure can :) ).

I do remember reading that he said he had arguments on the set of Voice, but don't even remember where I read that...  He also said that he fought against having to take his shirt or pants off when it wasn't necessary, but he never said in what production that happened.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I actually think they look slightly different (not generalizing but just based on what I observed). Japanese guys (and by that I mean actors haha, I don't know enough about the general population) tend to look more rugged and have sharper/deeper features. Just my personal opinion! But that being said, I think it's the recent Korean trend that lots of K-actors look more like flower boys. The older generation of korean actors like JH, SJS, JDG, LBH, KSW, WB actually look quite different from the current generation. There was even an article comparing the differences haha. I must say I'm definitely for the older gen of Korean actors!

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I finally got my Pil Joo up. He is still working behind the desk

Haha trust you to choose a picture of him with his sleeves rolled up! :P 

26 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

He never does, does he? Another reason to respect him... Even the reason he gave for doing LBW again is the fact that Empire of Lust was only 2 hours. He never said a bad word about that movie (though I sure can :) ).

I do remember reading that he said he had arguments on the set of Voice, but don't even remember where I read that...  He also said that he fought against having to take his shirt or pants off when it wasn't necessary, but he never said in what production that happened.

Sounds like he never does! I think the fact that he stays with Sidus when most of his A-list comrades have moved on shows his loyalty and his ability to forgive and move on (assuming there are any arguments).

I hope the fact that the Voice PD wants him back on set in this project means that he respects JH enough to give him a good role, and the freedom to explore the role.

• Like 4

oh guys please be kind to his hair :lol:

I think I am only one here have no problem with his hair. IRIS2 FTLY BM whatever I am okay with them. Even the recent pic of him with Snape hair, I find him very cute with smooth and healthy hair!!!  ah maybe love makes me blind? :wub:   but I must say his BM and WOL hairstyle is similar/same so I think it's repetitive and I am kinda bored. and Bad Papa hairstyle is the normal hair usually men have in general?? I think he looks manly in it.

However, I agree with all of you for Voice. I am actually the happiest when he didn't join Voice 2.

But I am glad many people like it. As a fan if I don't like it's okay since I watch whatever he's in but for other viewers if they don't like

it means they leave. Voice is remade in other countries too. I know it has been remade in Japan and Thailand. Not sure if there are other countries too?

Thai version just started airing Ep.1 today. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hahaha! At first I was wondering if I was watching Yi Bang Won or I was watching some uncensured show in EOL. :sweat_smile: I think what he meant was he stood his ground regarding those terms. I don't think he literally argued as in loud arguments. JH was never known for raising his voice. But there is always a 1st time.  Lol.

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I think it's the recent Korean trend that lots of K-actors look more like flower boys. The older generation of korean actors like JH, SJS, JDG, LBH, KSW, WB actually look quite different from the current generation. There was even an article comparing the differences haha. I must say I'm definitely for the older gen of Korean actors!

Very much agree! Current K young male artistes tend to go for flower boys look. Audience will go hoo gar gar over them! Can't seem to find the manly look. 

Haha trust you to choose a picture of him with his sleeves rolled up! :P 

Of course! This is my fav pic of Pil Joo, can you believe it? Poor Pil Joo piled up with lots of work. :sweat:Wish he would hire a secretary, I would gladly offer my services for free (hahaha)! He doesn't need to unbutton his shirt for me, he just needs to roll up his sleeve and doesn't wear a jacket, I will agree to everything he says. :grimace:Gosh, I feel so guilty for "flirting" with other people husband.

Sounds like he never does! I think the fact that he stays with Sidus when most of his A-list comrades have moved on shows his loyalty and his ability to forgive and move on (assuming there are any arguments).

So we know, the virtue he holds dear to his heart is loyalty. He had said before in an interview, can't remember where I read/saw it, that in the early days when he was seen as "hopeless" after so many unsuccessful auditions, his agency never gave up on him. And we have to thank Sidus for not giving up on him. Otherwise where do we have a JH now? And of course we all know his wife is the (most) loyal person in his life. 

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I hope the fact that the Voice PD wants him back on set in this project means that he respects JH enough to give him a good role, and the freedom to explore the role.

I believe many Directors want to work with JH. He is not picky. So long as he has room to explore that character. JH is very concerned about his "next" project. He worries there is no "next". In the earlier days when bread and butter is the (main) issue, we see him jumping from 1 work to the next. Now that bread and butter issue is probably eased up a little, I hope he can take care of himself and not jump from 1 to the next. Choose only the character that he truly likes and one that he can explore and not just jump into the "next" that comes.

I hate to think that as of now he is still the milking cow for Sidus. He is still very much in demand yo. I think his personality is such, you treat him with 50% respect, he pays you back with 100% respect. You didn't give up on me, I will never give up on you too. 

He is such a gem for someone from this Industry. I really like and admire and respect how he is able to separate himself from reel and real. It is said that he switches mode very fast. That he is able to keep himself in check and not give in to weakness that would ruin his marriage and family. 

7 hours ago, nyk said:

ah maybe love makes me blind? :wub:   

:lol: Isn't there a saying LOVE IS BLIND....

However, I agree with all of you for Voice. I am actually the happiest when he didn't join Voice 2.

But I am glad many people like it. As a fan if I don't like it's okay since I watch whatever he's in

I guess we're such loyal fans too! Watch whatever he is in even though we might be banging our head asking why does he want to act this role?! I felt so much for WOL. Why does he even want to do this role? For bad roles like Iris and Voice I can still understand he wants to explore all types of genre but WOL? He said he wanted to do romance/com again as it had been 4 years since FTLY but please, there was no romance in WOL for him. 

• Like 1

@nyk me too doesn't hv prob with his hair. Maybe he style it to match his character. but the IRIS 2 style is totally unforgivable. lol.

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

I think generally J girls are shorter and smaller eyes. K girls (majority) looks like doll. Any diff for guys? 

K-Girl or k-star who look like a doll? lol. most star hv PS in SK. But, I think most J-girl like to use doll makeup. coz anime is big there.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, yoeda said:

K-Girl or k-star who look like a doll? lol. most star hv PS in SK. But, I think most J-girl like to use doll makeup. coz anime is big there.

That's what I meant they all look like a doll. Same kind of doll. :grimace:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I actually think they look slightly different (not generalizing but just based on what I observed). Japanese guys (and by that I mean actors haha, I don't know enough about the general population) tend to look more rugged and have sharper/deeper features. 

Technically these two isolated and homogenus ethnicities are different. But there is no sure way of pointing out Japanese from Korean. Is there? 

If not for their fashion we can't say that a person doesn't look Korean enough or Japanese enough.

Japanese actresses/actors often dress plainly, wear natural looking makeup and sometimes even have regular looks. It's overall air around them which set them apart from Koreans. But by changing their style they can pass as Koreans. 

Isn't it proof of power of styling that one generation later all of Korean men started looking flowery. It's not like one fine day all of Korean women started drinking strawberry milk to give birth to 'sweeter' looking boys.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I would rather prefer 'silly' dramas which are committed to the silliness instead of 'stupid' detective dramas.

Hahaha! One man's meat is another man's poison. We all have different likes and dislikes and taste in drama.

I know this is too much to ask but I hope he will do another Bang Won, as in telling the life of Bang Won. As in I want to see Bang Won go to war. Fight war. :sweatingbullets: Or any role in which he is the bad bad guy. 

I also want to see him team up with the actress who acted with him in Rabbit and Lizard. I want to see him team up again with Honey Lee.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yoeda said:

But, I think most J-girl like to use doll makeup. coz anime is big there.

You mean J-pop girls? J actresses use natural make-up. I think regular Japanese women also wear natural make-up. 

Though Japanese fashion has it's own weird aspects. Fusion of 'innocent' and 'sexy' has always been unsettling for me. K-pop itself is not too innocent in this regard. For me there must be clearly defined boundries between 'girls' and 'women'.

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

600&twidth=300&theight=600&qlt=80&res_fo

If you just look at the picture, let's say you don't know about JH. Who would have guess the picture above is a man with 2 children (at that time) and dotes on his wife...He looked like a playboy to me. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Tall actresses.:sweatingbullets:

Ya I know HL is tall. She was Ms Universe 3rd Runner Up in 2007. Gorgeous figure too. But in SOGC she dressed up until she looked fat. I mean with the number of layers inside. 

Did'nt realise Rabbit and Lizard actress is tall. She wore boots so I thought it might be the shoe. 

You don't like tall actress? I don't get it, why do people comment that JH is short? I thought his height is reasonable. But these days people are growing taller is it? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

You mean J-pop girls? J actresses use natural make-up. I think regular Japanese women also wear natural make-up. 

Though Japanese fashion has it's own weird aspects. Fusion of 'innocent' and 'sexy' has always been unsettling for me. K-pop itself is not too innocent in this regard. For me there must be clearly defined boundries between 'girls' and 'women'.

I don't know is it korea or japan that these girls like to use cute cute makeup stuff. Tie a big bow ribbon on top of their head. B)

• Like 1