Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

9 minutes ago, Calli said:

really have no words for Joo Won's Japanese fans. They're just amazing :') 

find out and it is not sent only by the japanese fanclub somehow it seems to be linked to the different support sites for joo won so it is not only by the japanese fans

by the way someone knows if joo won manages his account by himself or is controlled by the agency

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Calli said:

We're up to support truck 18 today for uri Joo Won :hooray:

Today's truck was sent by Royal Family. I really have no words for Joo Won's Japanese fans. They're just amazing :') 

Joo Won's "thank you" insta story: 

오늘도 행복합니다!! = today as well I'm happy!! 

18th it is... Are we going towards 20?!

Record amount coffee trucks for Carter filming.. I hope the production treats Joo Won more well because we know for a fact Joo Won as much as he is proud will try channel his pride in his hard work for Carter.

18 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

find out and it is not sent only by the japanese fanclub somehow it seems to be linked to the different support sites for joo won so it is not only by the japanese fans

It could be a multitple fan base effort like last one. Japanese fan bases are the larger part of it. 

But anyways all individuals and fanbases who are taking the effort to organise this fan support are all doing awesome.

20 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

by the way someone knows if joo won manages his account by himself or is controlled by the agency

Joo Won manages his own account. There's probably no official statement regarding this or may be there is I just don't know... But the way he updates his posts or stories,comments, follows accounts say it. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

It could be a multitple fan base effort like last one. Japanese fan bases are the larger part of it. 

But anyways all individuals and fanbases who are taking the effort to organise this fan support are all doing awesome

it's true japanese fans give the most

6 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Joo Won manages his own account. There's probably no official statement regarding this or may be there is I just don't know... But the way he updates his posts or stories,comments, follows accounts say

that's the only thing I like about your agency that allows you to freely use the account

• Like 4

Happy Monday everyone^^

here is kongji_c's report for the coffee truck support Royal Family sent to Joo Won on the 13th (this last Friday).

Apparently it was Royal Family's 6th anniversary if google and papago did a proper translation~ 

I'm glad our Joo Won drank lots of water:

"Today, I gave you a big tumbler of sparkling water and regular iced Americano.
I gave you a big tumbler of sparkling water for the second time." 

the report also mentioned:

"Unfortunately, the remaining two supports were delayed due to site schedule changes"

Does that mean there will be two more kongji_c support trucks while filming is going on? I wonder why they had to make site schedule changes...

Also, it seems Joo Won was nominated for some sort of Financial Award:

http://www.digitaltoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=413352

"Meanwhile, Moon Jun-won (Joo Won), Song Joong-ki, and Oh Yeon-soo were included in the nominations for the Financial Day Award Celebrity Nominees."

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, Calli said:

lso, it seems Joo Won was nominated for some sort of Financial Award:

"Meanwhile, Moon Jun-won (Joo Won), Song Joong-ki, and Oh Yeon-soo were included in the nominations for the Financial Day Award Celebrity Nominees."

It is interesting I did not know that Joo Won was in the finance business since he said that his parents were the ones who managed his income :o

It would be great if he and oh yeon seo won it so they could see them together again

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Calli said:

the report also mentioned:

"Unfortunately, the remaining two supports were delayed due to site schedule changes"

Does that mean there will be two more kongji_c support trucks while filming is going on? I wonder why they had to make site schedule changes...

So that would will make 20 fan support for Carter Filming... Can we be anymore Wowed than we already are!!!

Regarding site change a thing comes to my mind Joo Won mentioned in his Good Bye Alice vlive- they had to change filming site many times because due to covid sites can always be subjected to change- like the area where they filming may have lot of other citizen sometimes could feel bothered by a large filming crew or some other reason there were last minute changes.

Such thing can be happening to Carter too or may be director may have found more desirable location while being on a place.

45 minutes ago, Calli said:

Also, it seems Joo Won was nominated for some sort of Financial Award:

This is really interesting.. when I saw the news I was thinking whether he is invested money in any desirable and commendable sector deemed by the government/institution. There's no clear timeline but I thought I saw something about final list of awardees will be shared on September and the actual award happening on October 26th.

44 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:
49 minutes ago, Calli said:

It is interesting I did not know that Joo Won was in the finance business since he said that his parents were the ones who managed his income :o

It would be great if he and oh yeon seo won it so they could see them together again

His parents, more specifically his mother managed his savings but it could under his name. Joo Won said his mother invest in different profitable sources. So wherever it was may be it was under his name. Also this news mention Joo Won's original name Moon Jun Won first because any investment made under his name must be using his real name on national ID.

According to this news this award seemed like recognition for smart financial/investment approaches. So it could be that Joo Won himself got involved too because his investment could be tech based or investment on new types of digital investment sector. Anyways I'm just sharing little things I got from this news but hopefully we'll get more details if Joo Won made into the final list. It will be nic eif he receives award from President/ Prime Minister.

Also @Andrea Balcazar I also double checked the other name besides Joo Won and Song Joong Ki because I also thought is that Oh Yeon Seo. But it's not Oh Yeon Seo the actress of My Sassy Girl Drama. it's anothe actress. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, agenth said:

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes by guessing correctly as many dramas as you can from the clues posted.

This game is so interesting and familiar because Joo Won played it back in November while promoting Musical Ghost. 

But unfortunately I'm only able to guess like 4-5 at one glance, and those were like not the latest dramas.. :lol:@Andrea Balcazar and @Calli , @kittynahow about you guys?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

This game is so interesting and familiar because Joo Won played it back in November while promoting Musical Ghost. 

But unfortunately I'm only able to guess like 4-5 at one glance, and those were like not the latest dramas.. :lol:@Andrea Balcazar and @Calli , @kittynahow about you guys?

lol when he delivered wrong answer, the sounds he made. he is too cute! 

sorry I was absent from this thread .~ i see he got 18 (!!!!!!!) support trucks. that must be a world record, and anyone who dares say otherwise, give me the proof :D

joowon fans, you truly are precious! he is lucky to have such amazing fanbase, though it is very complimentary to the man himself.

anyway, 4-5 at first glance is pretty good! i'm sure if you think more and take time, you will find many more answers ~ good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, agenth said:

sorry I was absent from this thread .~ i see he got 18 (!!!!!!!) support trucks. that must be a world record, and anyone who dares say otherwise, give me the proof :D

joowon fans, you truly are precious! he is lucky to have such amazing fanbase, though it is very complimentary to the man himself.

Yeah he has a like relatively calm but dedicated fan bases but this is one another level.. 18 support truck from only fans!!! At this point I'm alt starting to feel like it's a record amount if they truly counts such fan supports for celebrities. :lol:

2 hours ago, agenth said:

anyway, 4-5 at first glance is pretty good! i'm sure if you think more and take time, you will find many more answers ~ good luck! 

Thank you. I'd try some more to see if can recognise few more dramas. Anyways this is a nice event.. I hope this gets super competitive. :partyblob:

On Finance Day Award Nomination:

According to this fan post from Instagram there's already proper explanation for why Joo Won has been nominated in the list for Finance Award.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSoOFpSJei5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Papago Translation: 

"After playing the role of a pediatric surgeon in the drama, he held a charity fan meeting for cerebral palsy, donated to Good Neighbors to help medical staff and vulnerable children, and participated in programs to help underprivileged children. Furthermore, the good influence of the above-mentioned people spread to the donation of rice by the fan club, volunteer work on murals in vulnerable areas, and help the Corona 19 flower farms. In addition, based on the habit of saving little by little since the time of a rookie actor who had very little income, the right saving habits have been a model to others, such as consistently practicing saving. "

This seems to be indicating not only Joo Won himself donated in events but he encouraged his fans.. and they have donating on this name since then.

Also I didn't know that painting murals project by Joo Won fans on his birthdayd are also treated to be a good work.. But that's really awesome .. speaking of that painting murals wall seem to be a good practice in South Korea. 2d1n season 2 members also painted one on a island.

This also mentions how Joo Won has been saving since his rookie days and this is a good practice. This statement  doesn't say it explictely but does indicate that his savings has been invested and that's why it's being recognized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

This seems to be indicating not only Joo Won himself donated in events but he encouraged his fans.. and they have donating on this name since then.

Also I didn't know that painting murals project by Joo Won fans on his birthdayd are also treated to be a good work.. But that's really awesome .. speaking of that painting murals wall seem to be a good practice in South Korea. 2d1n season 2 members also painted one on a island.

This also mentions how Joo Won has been saving since his rookie days and this is a good practice. This statement  doesn't say it explictely but does indicate that his savings has been invested and that's why it's being recognized.

That's great news to hear! And while I don't want this to turn into a dig against anyone else, I do want to say that I'm glad JW's investing back into the community in all these different ways rather than, say, buying an investment property - which does help the public in some ways, yes, but also leads to profits for the investor :P 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I'm bad guessing but I'm trying my best haha I don't know how quickly joo won could answer the questions

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Also @Andrea Balcazar I also double checked the other name besides Joo Won and Song Joong Ki because I also thought is that Oh Yeon Seo. But it's not Oh Yeon Seo the actress of My Sassy Girl Drama. it's anothe actress

ohh thank you so bad I thought it was oh yeon seo

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

If he had heard that his fans donate in his name, I did not think that you would also be like that with joo won since also fans of other actors know how to do it but I like that joo won fans do that and also joo won

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I'm bad guessing but I'm trying my best haha I don't know how quickly joo won could answer the questions

JW guessed the emoji quiz he did quickly because they were references to either his dramas or musicals: both of which would be areas of expertise. Still, the mistakes that he did make in that short clip are surprisingly funny as a result.

As for Soompi's current emoji quiz, I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm not sure if I could pull it off since I have not been staying on top of current dramas for a long time: that's why I haven't participated in a number of the recent events either.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kittyna said:

JW guessed the emoji quiz he did quickly because they were references to either his dramas or musicals: both of which would be areas of expertise. Still, the mistakes that he did make in that short clip are surprisingly funny as a result.

As for Soompi's current emoji quiz, I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm not sure if I could pull it off since I have not been staying on top of current dramas for a long time: that's why I haven't participated in a number of the recent events either

ohh yes it is true I just remembered I do see more recent drama but it is difficult to guess from so many dramas

• Like 5

Stumbled across this on Instagram a few days ago and figured I'd share it: compilation of JW's glass/mirror-breaking scenes in Ojakgyo Brothers and Alice.

I forgot about the Ojakgyo one, actually, so was glad for the reminder - but also reminded of how much it probably hurts to film a scene like that. Anyway, if the post had included the one from King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu as well, we'd have a complete set :tounge_wink:

• Like 5

Hey everyone,

I've been rather busy the last few days and haven't been able to post (or do the awesome emoji quizz :()

but I just saw that Joo Won posted a pic (a really really cute pic) on instagram and just had to share it^^

His hair looks really lovely. Seems like he's allowed to grow it out again (if it was as short as eye witness accounts say).

So good seeing him, even if he's wearing a mask and we can't see all of his beautiful face~

1928381446.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Just now, Calli said:

I just saw that Joo Won posted a pic (a really really cute pic) on instagram and just had to share it^^

His hair looks really lovely. Seems like he's allowed to grow it out again.

So good seeing him, even if he's wearing a mask and we can't see all of his beautiful face~

I just saw the post too... He looks like such a young boy along with his mischievous emoji :P.

and those eyes by the way... So beautiful.. :heart:

Glad he thought of updating us with a post.. I also noticed he deleted the post he made for Mokkan Magazine behind the shoot post which he did on June. Now that that post is deleted it really looks like he updated after such long time. From May 22 to August 18!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I've been rather busy the last few days and haven't been able to post (or do the awesome emoji quizz :()

but I just saw that Joo Won posted a pic (a really really cute pic) on instagram and just had to share it^^

His hair looks really lovely. Seems like he's allowed to grow it out again (if it was as short as eye witness accounts say).

ohh finally I have seen that his last publication was 3 months ago I am glad that he has uploaded a new photo I think he let it grow for the second half of the filming since it seems to me that his hair grew a little more than usual. I wonder if they already allowed him to upload photos

by the way haha this photo reminds me of jingyeom had the same jacket and somehow the hairstyle seems to be the same

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Glad he thought of updating us with a post.. I also noticed he deleted the post he made for Mokkan Magazine behind the shoot post which he did on June. Now that that post is deleted it really looks like he updated after such long time. From May 22 to August 18!!!

I wonder why he is deleting photos:(

• Like 3

by the way haha this photo reminds me of jingyeom had the same jacket and somehow the hairstyle seems to be the same

Yeah - the hairstyle looks like the teenage Jin Gyeom from this angle :lol:

I wonder why he is deleting photos:(

Why does anyone delete Instagram photos? ;) Point is: since this is an account he runs personally (thanks for the heads-up on that earlier, guys!), I wouldn't sweat that too much unless there's any other indication that something is off. People do that all the time, and I don't think we should overthink these things just because JW's a celebrity.

• Like 3