Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

February 5, 2022

Rubeurs sent a coffee truck to Byung Hun-ssi at the 'Our Blues' filming site

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot_2022-02-05_at_11.23.25_AM(1).

His message:  

Thank you, Rubeurs~

Wishing everyone good health in the new year!

The scripts for Episode 18, 19 and 20 are there.  Perhaps filming is almost towards the end!  

Source:  IG of Lee Byung Hun 

• Like 5

February 8, 2022.

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun has received a nomination from Screen Actors Guild Awards for outstanding performance by an ensemble in 'Squid Game'.  I hope the whole cast will receive this award.  Front Man, fighting!!!

Source:  IG of bhent_boss

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

February 9, 2022.

SEOUL, Feb. 9 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Byung-hun has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, his management agency said Wednesday.

"Lee got tested for COVID-19 since he didn't feel well and received a positive result on Monday," BH Entertainment said. "He currently has no serious health problems."

He is fully vaccinated and boosted, according to the agency.

The infection immediately halted the filming of the new tvN drama "Our Blues," starring Lee. All other members of the cast and the crew tested negative. 

Also among the cast of the show are Shin Min-a, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin. It is set to be released this year.

Screenshot_2022-02-09_at_9.30.36_PM.png

Byung Hun-ssi   Please take a  good rest and get well soon.  

Source: Yonhap News Agency

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

February 9, 2022.

Lee Byung-hun has been nominated  for the Best Actor of the Year Award in the '20th Director's Cut Awards'

spacer.png

Message from Rubeurs

"Actor Lee Byung-hun has been selected as the nominee for the Best Actor of the Year Award in the '20th Director's Cut Awards' (The Man Standing Next).

The awards ceremony will be held on February 24th (Thursday) at 7PM on Naver TV, VLIVE, NOW. You can view it online through

Thank you for your support~!!"

Source:     IG of bh_rubeurs

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, peonie said:

February 9, 2022.

SEOUL, Feb. 9 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Byung-hun has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, his management agency said Wednesday.

"Lee got tested for COVID-19 since he didn't feel well and received a positive result on Monday," BH Entertainment said. "He currently has no serious health problems."

He is fully vaccinated and boosted, according to the agency.

The infection immediately halted the filming of the new tvN drama "Our Blues," starring Lee. All other members of the cast and the crew tested negative. 

Also among the cast of the show are Shin Min-a, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin. It is set to be released this year.

Byung Hun-ssi   Please take a  good rest and get well soon.  

Source: Yonhap News Agency

@peonie this is a sad news. Lee Min Jung also is positive. She had been a very close contact with him.  :tears:

• Sad 2

Top 10 Highest-Rated K-Drama in Cable TV History: 'Vincenzo', 'Love (ft Marriage and Divorce) 2, More RANKED

The year 2021 delivered a wide array of interesting Kdramas from various genres; however, only "Vincenzo" and "Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 2" are included in the most popular cable series of all time.

In a report cited by a media outlet, an updated list of the top 10 highest rated Kdramas were revealed, with only two 2021 series being part of.

'Mr. Sunshine'

Mr. Sunshine
(Photo : Netflix Korea)

Ranking at sixth is the historical romance Kdrama "Mr. Sunshine."

With the star-studded cast including Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Kim Min Jung, Byun Yo Han and Yoo Yeon Seok, the tvN series has 18.129 percent as its personal best in viewership rating.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123881/20220214/top-10-highest-rated-k-drama-cable-tv-history-vincenzo.htm

• Like 5

February 17, 2022

Lee Byung received a coffee truck from his friend, Hyunseok Choi  at 'Our Blues' filming site

spacer.png

Byung Hun -ssi's message:  Thank you Moon. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Screenshot_2022-02-17_at_6.16.55_PM.png

His friend Moon's message:  Stay Safe and Healthy

Moon

I pray with both hands.  

spacer.png

Source:   IG of Lee Byung Hun

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

February 21, 2011

Netflix K-Drama ‘Our Blues’ Season 1: Coming to Netflix in April 2022

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah will star in the upcoming K-Drama series Our Blue on Netflix in April 2022.

by Jacob Robinson @JRobinsonWoN
Published on February 15th, 2022, 4:44 am EST

spacer.png

With 2022 in full swing, we begin to learn more about the exciting new K Dramas headed to Netflix in Spring 2022. Little was previously known about the series Our Blue, but we’ve recently learned that the tvN drama will debut on Netflix in April 2022. Below is everything we know so far Our Blues season 1 on Netflix.

Our Blues is an upcoming internationally licensed South Korean Netflix Original romantic drama series written by Noh Hee Kyung, and directed by Kim Kyu Tae.

When is the Our Blues season 1 Netflix release date?

The first episode of Our Blues will debut on Netflix on Saturday, April 9th, 2022.

There will be a total of 20 episodes which will be broadcast across ten weeks, with two episodes released every week on Saturdays and Sundays. The 20th and final episode will be released on Sunday, June 12th, 2022.

Each episode will have an approximate run time of 70 minutes.

Our Blues season 1 episode release schedule

Before episodes of Our Blues are available on Netflix, they will first be broadcast on the South Korean cable television network tvN:

Episode tvN Broadcast Date Netflix Release Date
1 09/04/2022 09/04/2022
2 10/04/2022 10/04/2022
3 16/04/2022 16/04/2022
4 17/04/2022 17/04/2022
5 23/04/2022 23/04/2022
6 24/04/2022 24/04/2022
7 30/04/2022 30/04/2022
8 01/05/2022 01/05/2022
9 07/05/2022 07/05/2022
10 08/05/2022 08/05/2022
11 14/05/2022 14/05/2022
12 15/05/2022 15/05/2022
13 21/05/2022 21/05/2022
14 22/05/2022 22/05/2022
15 28/05/2022 28/05/2022
16 29/05/2022 29/05/2022
17 04/06/2022 04/06/2022
18 05/06/2022 05/06/2022
19 11/06/2022 11/06/2022
20 12/06/2022 12/06/2022

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is the plot of Our Blues?

Life on the island of Jeju is the perfect escape for those fleeing from city life, and it’s also the perfect home for those unlucky in love to find their soul mates.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who are the cast members of Our Blues season 1?

If you’ve actively been watching lots of Netflix’s line-up of K-Dramas over the past couple of years then you will recognize many of the names attached to Our Blues.

Lee Byung Hun had a brief appearance in Netflix’s smash hit series Squid Game as the Front Man aka Hwang In-Ho, the overseer of the games, and the brother of detective Hwang Jun-Ho.

Shin Min Ah only just recently starred in the extremely popular series Hometown Cha Cha Chabut has also been a fan favorite of Chief of Staff.

spacer.png

Below are the leads of Our Blues season 1:

Role Cast Member Where Have I Seen/Heard Them Before?
Lee Dong Seok Lee Byung Hun Squid Game | Mr. Sunshine | IRIS
Min Seon Ah Shin Min Ah Chief of Staff | Hometown Cha Cha Cha | Oh My Venus
Choi Han Soo Cha Seung Won A Korean Odyssey | You’re All Surrounded | City Hall
Jung Eun Hee Lee Jung Eun Law School | A Piece of Your Mind | When the Camellia Blooms
Go Mi Ran Uhm Jung Hwa Witch’s Romance | Montage | Dancing Queen
Park Jung Joon Kim Woo Bin School 2013 | The Heirs | Uncontrollably Fond
Lee Young Ok Han Ji Min One Spring Night | Familiar Wife | Rooftop Prince

Below are the supporting cast members of Our Blues season 1:

Role Cast Member Where Have I Seen/Heard Them Before?
Kang Ok Dong Kim Hye Ja Dear My Friends | Unkind Woman | Mom’s Dead Upset
Hyun Cheon Hee Go Doo Shim Go With | My Mister | When the Camellia Blooms
Jung Hyun Bae Hyun Sung Hospital Playlist | Love Playlist | Extraordinary You
Bang Young Joo Roh Yoon Seo *Debuting in Our Blues*

Are you looking forward to watching Our Blues on Netflix? Let us know in the comments below!

Source:  https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/netflix-k-drama-our-blues-season-1-everything-we-know-so-far-02-2022/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee Byung-hun, Best Actor Award "More special than any other award"
[Director's Cut Awards]

Capture-d-e-cran-2022-02-24-a-12-57-10.p

[My Daily = Reporter Kim Nara] At the 'Directors' Cut Awards', actor Lee Byung-hun won the 'Actor of the Year Award' for his movie 'The Managers of Namsan'.

On the afternoon of the 24th, the '20th Director's Cut Awards' (2020) was broadcast live on Naver TV.

On this day, Lee Byung-hun was honored with the 'Male Actor of the Year' award for 'The Managers of Namsan' directed by Woo Min-ho.

In the video, he said, "Thank you for the great honor. Once again, thank you so much to the directors, all filmmakers, and everyone who judged. Receiving an award is a very happy and happy thing for an actor, but the 'Directors' Awards' is especially meaningful. I think. Because it is an award given by the directors who play the biggest role in the film set, I feel that it is a special and meaningful award more than any other award.”

Lee Byung-hun continued, "I've had a difficult and gloomy time due to the pandemic, but now this award seems to give me a little bit of strength and joy. In the meantime, while filming, I met many filmmakers at many events such as awards ceremonies, film festivals, events and after-shows. These days, I think more deeply about how happy, happy, and fun it was to share the movie, and I feel that it is an urgent situation. I hope to see you all at the site and at the event."

The 'Director's Cut Awards' transformed the first awards ceremony hosted by 'Directors Cut', a group of young film directors in 1998, into an event hosted by DGK in 2017, bringing a total of 19 events until 2019. Unlike other film awards, the Director's Cut Awards is characterized by the selection of nominees and winners through voting only by Korean film directors, and the awards ceremony is held in an informal way.

Reporter Kim Nara kimcountry@mydaily.co.kr

Google translate

Source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003579689&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

:eats2:

Looks like a fun teaser but the drama will surely be with a lot of tears as well. Definitely a great ensemble of cast, their excellent chemistry are spot on.

February 25, 2022

Watch: Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, And More Enjoy Island Life In “Our Blues” Teaser

Source: Soompi by D. Kim

Watch: Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, And More Enjoy Island Life In “Our Blues” Teaser

A teaser has been released for “Our Blues”!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of diverse characters in the setting of Jeju Island.

Lee Byung Hun will play Lee Dong Suk, a guy born and raised in the countryside of Jeju Island who sells trucks for a living. Shin Min Ah will act alongside Lee Byung Hun as Min Sun Ah, a woman with a secret who arrives at Jeju.

Han Ji Min transforms into Lee Young Ok, a rookie haenyeo (female diver harvesting sea life) who is a bright character but is surrounded by various rumors. Kim Woo Bin is ship captain Park Jung Joon, a warm character who meets Lee Young Ok and falls for her.

Cha Seung Won’s character Choi Han Soo returns to his hometown Jeju after adjusting to city life, while Lee Jung Eun will play fish shop owner Jung Eun Hee, who reunites with her first love Choi Han Soo after 30 years. Uhm Jung Hwa will take on the character of Go Mi Ran, Jung Eun Hee’s friend who returns to Jeju because she becomes sick of city life.

The first teaser released on February 25 gives a glimpse of the drama’s lively vibe as the characters work hard on their jobs but also dance around and have fun during their free time.

“Our Blues” is set to premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Check out the teaser below:

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, rubie said:

Looks like a fun teaser but the drama will surely be with a lot of tears as well. Definitely a great ensemble of cast, their excellent chemistry are spot on.

Thank you @rubie.   I think 'Our Blues' will be a rather special drama because of the cast as well as its format.  Really look forward to Byung Hun-ssi's portrayal of Lee Dong Suk.  Actually, I like the entire cast as well and have  seen them several times in dramas and movies!!!   Since Netflix will be showing this drama, we can almost watch the drama with English subs slightly after tVN broadcast!  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, peonie said:

Thank you @rubie.   I think 'Our Blues' will be a rather special drama because of the cast as well as its format.  Really look forward to Byung Hun-ssi's portrayal of Lee Dong Suk.  Actually, I like the entire cast as well and have  seen them several times in dramas and movies!!!   Since Netflix will be showing this drama, we can almost watch the drama with English subs slightly after tVN broadcast!  

Barbara, thanks to you, too.. looks like we posted the teaser quite at the same time but it's ok. The shorter first clip that you posted is better as it comes with English subs while the one in the soompi article do not. After the pause in filming due to Covid19, this is such an unexpected surprise update.

I agree with you totally, the entire cast is just amazing and special indeed.. could well be the line-up for a blockbuster movie instead of a drama. Each and everyone is just fantastic, having seen almost all in various dramas, movies and variety shows. It will be wonderful to see LBH acting alongside similar-age big name actors, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun and Uhm Jung Hwa playing the (normal?) simple everyday characters. Plus having the best 'Mother' Kim Hye Ja & BH playing a not perfect mother-son relationship (bound to be a lot of angst and tears). After acting with Youn Yuh Jung in Keys To The Heart, it's great to see more intense collaboration coming his way.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

February 28, 2022

Lee Byung Hun congratulates Lee Jung Jae and Jung Ho Yeon on winning SAG awards. 

Screenshot_2022-02-28_at_1.11.41_PM.png

Credit: IG of Lee Byung Hun 

At the 28th Screen Actors Guild Award held last night, the following awards were won by  the actors of 'Squid Game'

Outstanding Male Actor in a Drama Series:  Lee Jung Jae

Outstanding Female Actor in a Drama Series: Jung Ho Yeon

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series:  ' Squid Game '

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1