Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

39 minutes ago, peonie said:

'Our Blues' Group Poster released

tvN's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Our Blues' (written by Noh Hee-kyung, directed by Kim Gyu-tae), which will be aired for the first time on April 9, is an omnibus drama that tells the stories of various people's lives in the warm and lively Jeju, cold and rough seas. Writer Noh Hee-kyung, who comforted viewers through various works such as 'Live', 'Dear My Friends', and 'It's Okay, That's Love', raises interest in the new work.

'Our Blues' tells the story of 14 protagonists who are entangled in friendship, neighbourhood, and family relationships against the backdrop of Jeju Oil Market and Pureung Village. The fact that all the actors who are difficult to gather in one place participated is the greatest characteristic of 'Our Blues'. Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Hye-ja, Ko Doo-shim, Uhm Jung-hwa, Park Ji-hwan, Choi Young-jun, Bae Hyun-seong, Noh Yun-seo, and child actor Kiso-yu are the main characters.

In the midst of this, the 'Our Blues' group poster that was released heralds the warm story of those who will come along with the spring breeze. The actors greet each other with bright smiles in the background of the sea and village. In particular, the various 'hello' poses of the actors who are perfectly integrated with the character attract attention. Along with each photo, scattered bright yellow rapeseed flowers convey the warmth of Jeju.

The 14 main characters will find viewers in each episode. Lee Byung-hun and Shin Min-ah are disassembled into Lee Dong-seok and Min Seon-ah, who are reunited in the sea off Jeju, and amplify the curiosity about their relationship. Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, and Uhm Jung-hwa depict the Jeju classmates who bring out the memories of their youth. Cha Seung-won takes on the role of Choi Han-soo, a bank branch manager who has transferred to Jeju, Lee Jung-eun as Jeong Eun-hee, a tough fish shop owner, and Uhm Jeong-hwa as Go Mi-ran, the eternal queen of school friends.

Kim Hye-ja and Go Doo-shim are the Jeju grandmothers. Kim Hye-ja takes on the role of Kang Ok-dong, Lee Byung-hun's mother. Go Doo-shim disassembles as her merchant haenyeo Hyeon Chun-hee, and her kindergartener granddaughter Son Eun plays the role of Ki So-yu, an awkward living together. Park Ji-hwan and Choi Young-joon appear as Jeong In-kwon and Bang Ho-sik, fathers who run a business at the Jeju oil market. Rookie Hyun-seong Bae and Yoon-seo Noh play the roles of their son Jeong-hyeon and daughter Yeong-gyeong-joo, respectively, and create a story as a high school couple who develops love between fathers who are like enemies.

Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin depict the romance between a Jeju haenyeo and a captain. Han Ji-min takes on the role of Lee Young-ok, a haenyeo who is followed by many rumors, and Kim Woo-bin takes on the role of Park Jeong-jun, a pure and warm-hearted captain. Among these, a photograph of a black space between the two stands out. In this photo, the 'mysterious person' adds to the mystery and amplifies the curiosity of how it will affect the romance between Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin.

'Our Blues' depicts the bitter, sweet, bitter and bitter life stories of various characters in Jeju as the background. The appearance of the actors who greeted them warmly makes the first broadcast even more awaited. tvN's new Saturday drama 'Our Blues' will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 pm.

Source:  https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202203230100143940008775&servicedate=20220323

@peonie  thanks for sharing the new poster. NICE. It made up of pictures of each of the characters waving brightly.   :piggie:

• Like 3

LEE-DONG-SEOK-ENGLISH.jpg

At the beginning of quarantine, a person selling goods in a truck

Born in Jeju. He has his mother’s house, but he doesn’t go, and he relies on his truck to transport vegetables and household items, in order to make as much money as he can, to and from scattered islands near Jeju to do business with the islanders and sleep in his truck. The others say he was born brutal, but that’s not true, he wanted to be peaceful like everyone else, he wanted to laugh and joke, and he wanted to be happy.

Even though Dong-hee (his older sister, a haenyo (diver) had not died at sea at only nineteen years in poverty, or if his mother (Ok-dong) had not remarried with her father’s friend, Seon-ju, after her father a sailor, was swept away by the waves and either died at sea, or even if he had not been beaten to death by his half-brothers who call him a RickRoll'D, and if his first love (Seon-ah), the girl he really wanted to protect, had not walked twice his pure heart when he was seventeen and then thirty-two.

I wonder if I look like this right now?” (Eun-hee, In-kwon and Ho-sik knew he had met two or more women since birth, so he easily didn’t accept that and thought it was an excuse, but he did anyway.)

When he came to Seoul and broke into his new father’s house, he should have done the right thing, but everything he did was wrong. The junk dealer, who started out in a hurry, also collapsed and got ripped off while trying to buy a taxi driver’s licence.

«I met Seon-ah again, got hurt, and came back to Jeju. However, the girl who trampled me twice, not once, in a miserable and pathetic way, reappeared on the shores of the island of Jeju, in a more pitiful state than me»

…Do you want me to step on you like you did?

Text translated from the presentation by Lee Dong-seok in Our Blues on TVN site

http://program.tving.com/tvn/ourblues/3/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

'Our Blues' Lee Byung-hun "A story that anyone can relate to"

[SpoTV News = Reporter Dahee Jang]

The actors of 'Our Blues' have revealed their points of observation as well as their impressions on their first shooting in Jeju.

The new tvN Saturday drama "Our Blues" (played by Noh Hee-kyung, directed by Kim Gyu-tae, planned by Studio Dragon, produced by GTist) is a topic of discussion with actors Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Hye-binja, Ko Doo-shim, Uhm Jung-hwa, etc. It is an omnibus drama that brings together

"Our Blues", which takes place in the Jeju oil field and the village of Pureung as the main background, took more than 80% of the location of the drama in Jeju to improve the realism and immersion of the play.  It will not only show beautiful landscapes, but will fill the drama with images and stories of the people who live there.  On this subject, the actors have directly revealed their impressions on the shooting of 'Nos Bleus' and the points to watch. A story that anyone can relate to First of all, Lee Byung-hun said, "This is a story that takes place in a specific area called Jeju, but there are emotions such as pain and hope that everyone feels in life. It’s a story you can sympathize with with all these things,” he said.  Shin Min-ah said, “I think I will be able to deliver a message of hope to many,” announcing a resounding story. Our Blues" has a unique omnibus composition, in which 14 actors play an active role in each episode.  Kim Hye-ja presented: "(In the drama), I am the main character of a party, and there are many stories"

• A colourful chemistry created by 14 actors

“Our Blues” takes place in the Jeju oil field and the village of Pureung in the background, and the 14 main characters are entangled with friends, neighbours and family members to create a story.  The colorful chemistry that the actors in each relationship will create has become a waiting point.

Among them, Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun show the average age chemistry of classmates gathered after 20 years.  Cha Seung-won said: "The first shoot is usually awkward and embarrassing, but I think it will be a fun drama because they complement each other well."  Lee Jung-eun added to the curiosity by pointing out: "There are many gods really resembling gemstones in every episode."  Uhm Jung-hwa said: "It was good to film with Jung-eun, who is so good," and revealed his impressions on the set, making sure that both actors look forward to the perfect chemistry with their best friend in the room.

• Filming of Jeju, anticipation of a different show

Ji-min Han and Woo-bin Kim, who will draw the romance between the Jeju haenyeo and the captain, gave their observation points on the "filming of Jeju", which was made around the markets, villages and the sea.  The drama will contain not only beautiful landscapes but also living images of life.  Han Ji-min said: "From the hot summer to the cold winter, I worked hard to film."  Kim Woo-bin said: "I almost shoot in Jeju. You will be able to see many new images. I’m also frustrated and I want to travel a lot, but I hope the viewers will be satisfied."

The new tvN Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" will premiere on the 9th of next month at 9:10 pm.

Journalist Dahee Jang (jdh07@spotvnews.co.kr)

Source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000349150?lfrom=twitter

Google translation

0000349150-001-20220325122602833.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

March 26, 2022

Latest IG posting by Lee Byung Hun 

spacer.png

Lee Byung Message:

"Dong Suk  taking a picture of Sun Ah taking a picture of a landscape

#Our Blues #OurBlues" 

Source:  IG of Lee Byung Hun 

• Like 4

March 27, 2022

Byung-Hun Lee Today launches a 'flower smile' rather than a 'dry smile' [DA★]

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun has finished filming tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" (written by Noh Hee Kyung and directed by Kim Kyu Tae).

Lee Byung Hun said on his Instagram account on the 27th, "Everyone worked hard for a long time. "Our blues" and photos were posted. The released photo showed Lee Byung-hun holding a cake and bouquet prepared by the staff to commemorate the last shoot.

'Our Blues', Lee Byung Hun's comeback work, Our Blues, is a work that supports the sweet and bitter life of everyone standing at the end, peak, or beginning of life. Against the backdrop of warm and lively Jeju and the cold and rough sea, various life stories of various characters are told in omnibus format.

In the drama, Lee Byung Hun plays the role of Lee Dong Suk, a Jeju-born truck dealer. Lee Dong Suke is a character with a rough and blunt personality. He relies on a truck to do business between islands, and sleeps on a truck. Attention is focusing on how Lee Byung Hun, who melts his own his own charm in any character in various works will vividly portray the character Lee Dong Suk this time.

"Our Blues," starring "Acting Master" Lee Byung Hun, will premiere at 9:10 p.m. on April 9th.

Source:  https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20220327/112551130/1

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

March 30, 2022

spacer.png

concrete_utopia The film 'Concrete Utopia' starring Lee Byung-hun and Park Seo-joon, which was initially expected to be shown at the Cannes Film Festival, is unlikely to be seen in theaters this year as it is not submitted to this Cannes Film Festival due to a post-production schedule.

cr :https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0003040049

Source:  IG of concrete_utopia

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

April 2, 2022

tvN  released new stills of 'Our Blue'

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.12.59_PM.png

spacer.png

tvN's message:

"The residents of Pureung who can feel the smell of the sea 

Welcome back to Jeju Island!

Welcome to Jeju Pureung Village in April 

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues".

4/9 [Sat] 9:10pm tvN premiere

#tvN #OurBlues #Streaming is TVING #OurBlues

#LEEByungheon #Shinmin #ChaSeungwon #LeeJeongEun #HanHanHanMin #KimWooBin #KimHyeja #GoDuShim #UmJungHwa"

Source: IG of tvn_drama

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

April 4, 2022

Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, And More Are Busy Making A Living On Jeju Island In "Our Blues

spacer.png

Drama Preview

April 4, 2022                                                                                                                                                                by S.Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Our Blues” released new stills ahead of the premiere!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The drama includes the love stories of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah), Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), and more.

Before its upcoming premiere, the drama released new stills of the characters in their everyday lives at Jeju Island. The main characters live together in the village of Pooreung, and most of them make a living by working at the markets.

In the first two photos, Lee Dong Suk is a hit with the grandmothers since he runs a truck that sells all kinds of useful items. Another image captures Park Jung Joon along with Lee Young Ok at Jung Eun Hee’s fish market. Hyun Choon Hee (Go Doo Shim) and Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) realistically portray grandmothers selling fresh foods at the market. Fathers Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik (Choi Young Joon) are also busy making a living at the village market, while their children Jung Hyun (Bae Hyun Sung) and Bang Young Joo (Noh Yoon Seo) make an adorable high school couple.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.12.59_PM.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.14.32_PM.png

A photo of the haenhyeos (female diver that harvests sea life for a living) including rookie Lee Young Ok and expert Hyun Choon Hee captures the viewers’ eyes, while ship captain Park Jung Joon auctions off fish at the docks. The actors personally filmed on the ships and underwater, raising even more anticipation for the story that is to unfold in the upcoming drama. Not to mention, the actors all practiced the regional dialect of Jeju Island in order to make their characters seem even more realistic.

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.14.01_PM(2).

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.14.11_PM.png

Furthermore, there are characters who have returned to Jeju Island after leaving. Min Sun Ah returns to her childhood home of Jeju Island while harboring a wound in her heart. A preview of Min Sun Ah depicts her fixing a rundown house. Choi Han Soo also comes back to his hometown as the manager of a bank branch on Jeju Island, and he is shown walking around the market, while Go Mi Ran (Uhm Jung Hwa) is having a blast with her old classmates Jung In Kwon, Bang Ho Shik, and Kim Kwang Kyu after returning to the island.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.13.11_PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-02_at_12.14.23_PM.png

Our Blues” will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/article/1520500wpp/lee-byung-hun-shin-min-ah-han-ji-min-kim-woo-bin-and-more-are-busy-making-a-living-on-jeju-island-in-our-blues

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

April 7, 2022

Lee Byung Hun,  Shin Min Ah,  Kim Woo Bin:  "There was no reason not to do "Our Blues."

spacer.png

A very ordinary 'life drama' is landing in the small screen.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.24.12_PM.png

On the afternoon of the 7th, tvN's new Saturday drama 'Our Blues' online production presentation was held. The event was attended by Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Uhm Jung Hwa, writer Noh Hee Kyung, and director Kim Gyun Tae.

'Our Blues' is a work that depicts the life stories of various characters against the background of warm and lively Jeju and the cold and rough sea. It is an omnibus format.  It contains support for all life standing at the beginning, end, or climax of one's life.

It is a new work by Noh Hee Kyung, who wrote  'Lies' 'Beautiful than flowers', 'Goodbye Solo', 'The World They Live In', 'That Winter The Wind Blows', 'It's Okay, That's Love', 'Dear My Friends' and 'Live'.  Director Kim Gyu-tae, along with writer Noh Hee-kyung, will be in charge of directing.  He previously directed  ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love’, and ‘Live’.

Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Hye Ja, Ko Doo Shim, Uhm Jung Hwa, etc. will appear  to form a fantastic acting ensemble.

Writer Noh Hee Kyung, who wrote the work, said, "The omnibus is something I've been thinking about for about 10 years. I got tired of talking about men and women. I didn't want to follow just the two of them. Jeju Island is the place where the most Korean sentiments remain. “I thought it was a good place to express Korea,” she said. Regarding the gap in the work, she said, “Actually, there was no gap.  She wrote a piece called 'Here', but she seems to have a blank slate as filming has been delayed due to COVID-19.  There was  no gaps,” she said.

Director  Kim Gyun Tae, who worked with Noh Hee Kyung  on many of her works, said, “I tried to stick to the basics. I tried to create a classy and sophisticated  look.  I tried to  focus on the character  and slowly permeate it rather than the fancy directing method." He explained the direction of the production.  

Lee Byung-hun, who first worked with writer Noh Hee-kyung, said, "I prepared 'Here' with the actors and directors here, but I had no choice but to give up the work because of COVID 19.  However, as a joke, he asked writer Noh Hee Kyung "Have you written anything else in the meantime?” I said it like a joke, but I think writer Noh Hee Kyung must have been  worried.  It's hard to get together like this, and I also wanted to work with writer Noh Hee Kyung.  It's not easy to get

together with great actors like this.  I was really thinking about what kind of story they would use to write the script;  but they they did.  When I read the script, I was very satisfied.”

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.47_PM.png
Regarding his third work with Shin Min Ah, he said, "I was with Shin Min Ah together as brother and sister in her debut drama  'Beautiful Days'.  She played a character I liked alone in the movie 'A Bittersweet Life'. This is the first time that we like each other as lovers. I  thought only of Shin Min Ah, who was fresh and cute, but when she started working together in a drama, her depth was different. She was breathing well.  She is such a good actress or that I cannot easily evaluate her, and I was very reassured to be able to work with her.”

Shin Min-ah also worked as brother and sister in her debut drama 'Beautiful Days'.  Mostly, he worked with me in acting. She was also in the movie 'A Bittersweet  Life', but it's different this time. Although she worked on three projects together, each one feels like meeting a different person. But there was some comfort. She received a lot of help when working with seniors. He's gotten nicer," she said. Then, Lee Byung Hun made a satisfied expression.

Regarding the background of choosing the work, "Min Sun Ah  is a friend who stays in pain. As a mother of a child for the first time, when I saw the character, I thought that the process of overcoming the emotions, changes, and sadness of the character would be a little more difficult than the burden of being a mother of a child. Still, strangely, I understood the character's feelings. I wanted to express such a painful heart and a heart that overcomes. that would be fun The main reason I chose the work was the character.  I acted with so much empathy,” she said.

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.22_PM.png

As the casting was spectacular, the question and answer took a long time, and Cha Seung Won trembled with his unique sense of humour. Normally, he answers a lot, but when the event started and he couldn't speak for about 15 minutes, he mentioned this and laughed. Regarding the background of appearing in the work, "There was no reason not to do it. When I asked who did it, they said 'these actors' do it. So I asked, ‘ Lee Byung Hun is doing this?’ and ‘All these actors together?’ I wondered if this would be possible. So there's no reason not to.  It’s a feeling of happiness and satisfaction  that I haven’t felt in a long time.” He made a happy expression and turning the scene into a sea of laughter.

Spoiler

spacer.png

The same goes for Uhm Jung wa. Uhm Jung Hwa said, "I'm happy to say hello to you with a great drama after a long time.  The work of writer Noh Hee Kyung was on my wish list for my acting career.  When I first got the script, I was so happy that my heart raced.  It was the happiest moment in my life because more wonderful actors are coming out here. I was happy throughout the filming,” said Cha Seung-won, followed by Uhm Jung-hwa, with a happy expression on her face.

Lee Jung Eun also said she was comfortable acting after a long time. In particular, she went to Jeju Island early and enjoyed wandering around in order to show acting like a local in Jeju.  Lee Jung Eun said, "the only characters in the drama who lived in Jeju Island for a long time are me and Lee Byung Hun.  So I was concern about the dialect.  There was also an order from the director.  However, it is not a work that is watched only by Jeju Islanders.  I had to think of the parts that all viewers could easily understand.  So while I was familiar with what was written in the article, I came down to  Jeju Island early and went around the site to learn the dialect naturally.

Han Ji Min, who was reunited with writer Noh Hee-kyung, said, “As an omnibus, I found it very interesting to be able to work with various actors without feeling burdened by myself. Noh Hee Kyung's work captures the stories of ordinary people, not special characters.  So I think the biggest attraction is that it leaves a lasting impression and makes you think about it.”

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.32_PM.png

Kim Woo-bin, who returned to acting a the drama after six years, said, "I'm so nervous. I have greeted you through entertainment programs and advertisements before, but I am happy and grateful to be able to greet you through a work." he said. "I am excited and nervous about being able to be with these seniors.  I am happy. " 

Regarding Park Jun Joon's character acting, he said, "I focused on acting to empathize and understand Park Jung-joon's character's environment and mind. I tried to understand the character exactly as writer Noh Hee Kyung wrote it. I went down to Jeju Island early, met the captains and the haenyeo, and tried to understand the characters in the script.”

On this day, the casting background of Shin Min Ah ah and Kim Woo Bin, which many people are curious about, was also revealed.  Writer Noh Hee Kyung said, "If Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin, who are a real couple, were cast as love lines in the work, they would not do it. I was thinking about doing another love line, but they said they would.  I thought, "They  are good actors, son they will appear." So I did not have any particular worries, she said.   Director Kim Gyu Tae also agreed with writer Noh Hee Kyung.

It is ‘Our Blues’ that you must see just by looking at the casting.  I draw stories of  real people. It contains domestic emotions and depicts the daily lives of ordinary people that we should pay attention to these days. How will the 'life drama' be completed, led by writer Noh Hee Kyung and director Kim Gyu tae, and be performed by actors who have acted freely  in it?  

'Our Blues' will premiere on the 9th at 9:10 pm.

Donga.com Reporter Hong Se-young projecthong@donga.com

Source:  https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20220407/112746452/2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

April 7, 2022

Lee Byung-hun:  "I thought it was my role as a tall and good basketball character" Laughs 'Our Blues'

spacer.png

Lee Byung-hun showed off his wit by introducing the filming episodes and characters of 'Our Blues'.

On April 7th, at 2 pm, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Our Blues' production presentation was held online.

Lee Byung-hun, who played the role of Lee Dong-seok, a Jeju-born truck driver, in "Our Blues," released a memorable episode during filming. Lee Byung-hun said, "I filmed with Kim Hye Ja  and Go Doo Shim sim several times, and when it was mealtime, Go Doo Sim introduced me to the restaurant because she was from Jeju." "The three of us had a meal together a few times. Whenever that happened, they told me about when they filmed before.  It was so much fun and it felt like watching a movie. I had a warm experience."

Lee Byung Hun also told the story of misunderstanding because he did not know his character when he first received the script.  Lee ByungHun said, "Long before the shooting, the writer gave me the script little by little like three books at first and two books afterwards," adding, "I read it little by little every time the script came out, but I didn't know the name of the character. The main character is different in one episode because it is omnibus.  At first, the story of Choi Han Soo (played by Cha Seung Won) comes out, and as I read it like a habit, I thought my character was Han Soo."

"I've been reading up to two books for hours, and I love this character. "It's fun. I should act with this kind of emotion." I watched it at the end of the second book, and I heard that he was really good at basketball and tall, so he dunked and was the tallest in school. He explained, "I was sure that this was me," making the scene a laughing sea.

Lee Byung Hun, who belatedly learned that his character was not Choi Han Soo, said, "After reading the script more, 'I'm Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo-bin). "You're the captain." Then Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) came out.

I thought, ‘I’m fighting for a while, so this is me’, but I didn’t show up.  When I read about five to seven books, I said that my character was Dongseok.   I erased everything in my head and saw Dongseok.”

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" by Noh Hee Kyung is a drama about cheering for all life at the end, peak, and beginning of life against the backdrop of warm and lively Jeju, cold and rough seas, on April 9. 

The first episode will air at 9:10.

Source: https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202204071603242510 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

April 7, 2022

Star screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung set to return with new omnibus TV series 'Our Blues'

By Kim Boram

spacer.png

SEOUL, April 7 (Yonhap) -- Renowned screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung is set to return with the new omnibus TV series "Our Blues," a story about love, life and second chances, with an all-star cast, including Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah and Han Ji-min.

Set on the southern resort island of Jeju, the show follows a group of people struggling with everyday life and enduring pain but never losing hope to get over the ups and downs of their lives.

It is Noh's first TV series since the drama "Live" (2018). She is one of the most sought-after TV writers in South Korea for her critically acclaimed TV romances, including "Dear My Friends" (2016) and "That Winter, the Wind Blows" (2013).

"For about 10 years, I've longed for a different format. Every person is the hero of their own story, but TV shows follow only one couple," Noh said in a press conference streamed Thursday. "So I finally chose to do a new piece in an omnibus format."

She said she was originally planning to go into a project, tentatively named "Here," about workers in an international non-governmental organization, starring Lee, Shin and Han, three years ago. But it was finally scrapped due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the writer penned "Our Blues" from scratch to go on with the actors.

"When 'Here' was canceled, I just asked her casually whether anything was spared," said Lee, one of the most prominent stars both on big and small screens in Korea. "The cancellation was so sad, because I did really want to do it with Noh. But she came up with this new story. I loved it from the beginning."

Each of the seven lead actors -- Lee, Shin, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Uhm Jung-hwa, Han and Kim Woo-bin -- has their own story, and they do not directly know each other. But all characters get somehow more connected to one another as the story unfolds.

The actors said the omnibus format helps the 20-episode show portray various kinds of people and their lives in a more balanced way, although their parts or roles were relatively short in "Our Blues" compared with their previous works.

"I'm the hero in some episodes, but I become an extra in other episodes. That was very interesting," said Lee, who plays a Jeju local running a shop on wheels in "Our Blues," his first TV series after the historical romance "Mr. Sunshine" (2018). "It's like, we lead our everyday life as usual, and a camera comes into it and scans us one by one."

"Our Blues," tvN's primetime weekend show, will premier this Saturday and will also be available on Netflix simultaneously.

brk@yna.co.kr

Source: https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220407007700315?section=culture/entertainment

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

April 8, 2022

Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung departing for the US.  

Actors Lee Byung Hun  and Lee Min Jung are leaving for the United States through Incheon International Airport to attend the 'Masters Tournament', one the best men's golf championships  on the morning of the 8th.

The 2022 Masters Tournament is the 86th edition of the Masters Tournament and the first of the men's four major golf championships held in 2022. It is being played from April 7–10, 2022, at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source:  https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2022040680894

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

April 9, 2022.

spacer.png

“Our Blues” Gives Sneak Peek Of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, And Lee Jung Eun As Residents Of Jeju IslandKorean series ‘Our Blues’ To Premiere On April 9, Meet The Cast Of Series

Drama Preview by L. Kim 

tvN’s new weekend drama “Our Blues” has unveiled new stills ahead of its premiere!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The drama includes the love stories of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah), Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), and more.

“Our Blues” did more than 80 percent of its filming on Jeju, capturing the island’s realistic appearance. Not only will the drama show the beautiful scenery of Jeju that embraces the blue sea, but it will also give a detailed look at Jeju’s traditional market, which is the main setting.

Before its upcoming premiere, the drama released new stills of the characters in their everyday lives at Jeju Island. The main characters live together in the village of Pooreung, and most of them make a living by working at the markets.

One photo shows Lee Dong Suk, who runs a truck that sells all kinds of useful items, getting ready to start the day. Fish shop owner Jung Eun Hee and ship captain Park Jung Joon exude charisma at the auction. Then there’s Lee Young Ok, a rookie haenyeo (female diver that harvests sea life for a living), waving with a radiant smile on her face.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-09_at_2.54.14_PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-09_at_2.54.24_PM.png

The production team amped up anticipation for the premiere, saying, “The images of people living in Jeju will be vividly and realistically portrayed. All four actors went through the process of immersing themselves in their characters. Lee Byung Hyun and Lee Jung Eun made an effort to learn the Jeju dialect, and Han Ji Min and Kim Woo Bin met with real haenyeos and ship captains.”

“Our Blues” will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1521305wpp/our-blues-gives-sneak-peek-of-lee-byung-hun-kim-woo-bin-han-ji-min-and-lee-jung-eun-as-residents-of-jeju-island

• Like 3

Lee Byung Hun Recalls Fond Memories Of Shin Min Ah In “Our Blues”

spacer.png

DRAMA PREVIEW

Apr 10, 2022

by S. P

tvN’s new weekend drama “Our Blues” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The drama includes the love stories of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah), Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), and more.

Spoilers

he second episode will follow the story of Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee as they meet for the first time in 20 years and will also include a surprise appearance by Min Sun Ah as she begins a new episode with Lee Dong Suk.

In one set of new stills, Min Sun Ah and Lee Dong Suk spend time at the beach as the sun sets in the background, Tcreating a warm pink hue around them. Of note is the wound on Lee Dong Suk’s face, which is drawing curiosity among viewers. The scene is said to be from seven years in their past, when Min Sun Ah left an unforgettable impression on him. As the atmosphere of the scene is so different from what viewers have seen of Lee Dong Suk’s dry life as a truck driver, they are left wondering what could have happened in his past to make him remember Min Sun Ah like this.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Screenshot_2022-04-10_at_9.57.24_PM.pngAnother set of stills shows Choi Han Soo and JungEun Hee meeting at an alumni gathering. Choi Han Soo harbors feelings of jealousy for Jung Eun Hee, who succeeded at her business while he has had to take on loans to support his circumstances. However, he lets the weight of being the head of a family drop from his shoulders as he parties at a karaoke room with Jung Eun Hee and some of his old classmates.

Screenshot_2022-04-10_at_9.58.09_PM.png

After letting go of their burdens at the get-together, Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee stand on a beach filled with old memories. While Choi Han Soo almost looks on the verge of tears, Jung Eun Hee is all smiles. Just as the memories flow into his mind like waves in the ocean, so too does the harsh reality of his life situation. It remains to be seen what each character could be thinking in this scene.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

This episode of “Our Blues” airs on April 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1521400wpp/lee-byung-hun-recalls-fond-memories-of-shin-min-ah-in-our-blues

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1