Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

May 4, 2022

"Our Blues". Lee Byung Hun back hugs Shin Min Ah.  Will you be able to find happiness?

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah deliver 'consolation of life'.

The 9th and 10th episodes of the tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues' (written by Noh Hee-kyung/directed by Kim Gyu-tae, Kim Yang-hee and Lee Jung-mook), aired on May 7 and 8, are stories of wounds and hope drawn by Lee Byung Hun (Lee Dong Seok) and Shin Min Ah ah (Min Sun Ah). On the 4th, the production team released a poster for the episode of 'Dongseok and Seonah' that will give you a feeling of comfort.

In the poster, Lee Dong Seok and Min Sun Ah  are cleaning together as if washing away pain, wounds and sorrow. The two are sprinkling water and smiling brightly, and the warm sunlight is shining on them as if they are wrapped around them. On top of that, the copy of "Life that has been hard to live, I wanted to be happy even if it was unfair”  makes us guess the hard life they have endured. At the same time, it makes the two people cheer for the happiness they dream of in a simple yet dreary way, and makes you curious about the story they will unfold together.

In the drama, Lee Dong Seok and Min Sun Ah are people who have been connected twice in the past. The two, who have now met again in Jeju, reunited with different circumstances and wounds.  Lee Dong Seok, who cut off his relationship with his mother for some reason, was living a wandering life relying on a truck for everything. Min Sun Ah, who was depressed, was in danger of losing her son Yeol, her everything in life, and shocked her by falling into the sea.  Lee Dong Seok showed concern for Sun Ah , who appeared in Jeju with a shabby appearance than before, signaling a relationship that will continue again.

Above all, attention is focused on whether Sun Ah, who is in her sorrow, will be able to find a bright smile and happiness like the one in her poster.  Beside her is  Lee Dong Seok, who will convey comfort in his own way, which is rough but warm. The past in Jeju, which connects the two, has yet to be revealed. In the episode of "Dongseok and Sunah," the past stories that left them hurt and lacking will be released. Attention is focusing on how the two will help each other and move forward.

The story of Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah's 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah' episode will be aired on the 7th and 8th at 9:10 pm on tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Our Blues'.

You can see it in episodes 9 and 10.

Source:  https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205041017522410

• Like 3

April 4, 2022

Lee Byung-hun, black-and-white piercing presence

spacer.png

A black-and-white pictorial of Lee Byung-hun was released.

This time, Rolling Stone Korea No. 6 drew attention as Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun decorated the cover. Accordingly, on May 4th, Rolling Stone Korea released a part of the solo pictorial of actor Lee Byung-hun, which was carried out with a black and white concept, through the official website.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Source:   Photos from  of the IG of rollingstonekorea 

Text:  https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205041542266710

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

May 4, 2022

A behind-the-scenes video of the actors and actresses of 'Our Blues’  was released.

Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, and Lee Jung Eun, who acted in the tvN drama 'Our Blues', recently shared the story behind the shooting in the commentary content 'Royal Commentary' on the official tvN drama channel together with writer Noh Hee Kyung and director Kim Yang-hee who co-directed the drama.  They revealed all the stories and behind-the-scenes stories related to the character-episodes, such as acting in a local Jeju dialect and fighting against the strong Jeju wind.

spacer.png

First, writer Noh Hee Kyung said that she worked hard to give the actors and actresses roles that they had not played before. Lee Byung Hun (as Lee Dong Seok) becomes a rough Jeju village truck dealer, Shin Min Ah (as Min Sun Ah) becomes a mother who is in danger of losing her child due to depression, and Lee Jung Eun (as Jung Eun Hee) becomes a tough seafood store owner who has a first love, impressing viewers.

In particular, Lee Byung Hun and Lee Jung Eun's acting in Jeju dialect became a topic of discussion. In this regard, Lee Byung Hun said, "I received the acceptance of actors from Jeju, and I asked Ms. Go Doo Sim (who is from Jeju) a lot of questions." On top of that he drew laughter by revealing behind-the-scenes stories that were difficult when the director wanted an ad-lib. He said,"  "I was good at using dialects, but I couldn't do ad-libs in the Seoul dialect.  I couldn't do much ad-libs (in this drama)."

Lee Jung Eun said she went to Jeju Island early to learn the dialect from the local people and said, "But Lee Byung Hun did better than me.  The actor's acting seems to have the power to transcend the dialect." On this, Lee Byung Hun said, "Lee Jung Eun speaks in the local dialect even when the camera is off.  She is completely immersed in that character,” adding praise and warmth.

Shin Min-ah drew attention with a completely different transformation from her previous romantic comedy drama “Hometown Cha Cha Cha." Shin Min Ah said, “I am nervous and burdened because it was an acting that I have never done before.” At the end of the sixth episode,  Shin Min Ah, who falls in sorrow as she gazes at the sea endlessly, was a shock and had an impact on the viewers. Shin Min Ah said: "For Sun Ah, the sea is sadness. It  is a symbolic meaning of a lot of longing and longing for the sea.”  This makes people curious about the future story.

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah also gave a surprise hint about the episodes of 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah' that will follow in episodes 9, 10, and 11. Lee Byung Hun said, "Even though the two have known each other for a long time, the lines of feelings for each other do not seem to match. However, since our drama is a story in which everyone finds hope, there may be “hope” in the story of Dong Seok and Sun Ah.”

In addition, writer Noh Hee Kyung gave the reason for naming the setting of the drama “Pureung Village” saying, “Pureung  is a Jeju dialect that means ‘blue', "When it comes to pain, I usually think of dark colors, but I wanted to put in a blue, refreshing, and bright feeling," she said, signaling a message of hope. On top of that, director Kim Yang hee  drew attention by revealing the production team's hidden efforts for the lively five-day market scene. In addition, Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah revealed the reasons why one must watch "Our Blues," what Dong Seok and Sun Ah are to each other in the drama, and the similarities between themselves and their characters.

On the other hand, the full version of 'Royal Review' can be found on the tvN drama official YouTube channel, and 'Royal Review' to be followed in the future will be with the main actors in other episodes. The tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues' airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm.

Source:

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205021316551910

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

May 5, 2022

Lee Byung Hun, drama actor brand reputation No. 1... followed by  Lee Joon GI and Son Seok Gu 

spacer.png

As a result of big data analysis of drama actor brand reputation in May 2022, it was analyzed that 1st place was Lee Byung Hun, 2nd place was Lee Jun Ki, and 3rd place was Son Seok Gu.  

The Korea Corporate Reputation Research Institute measured 64,467,360 brand big data of 50 actors who are appearing in dramas aired from April 5, 2022 to May 5, 2022 by consumers' brand participation, media volume, traffic, and communication volume. Indexed by brand reputation algorithm. Compared to the 79,525,986 big data of drama actor brands in March, it decreased by 18.94%.

In the drama actor brand reputation analysis, brand big data was analyzed with participation index, media index, communication index, and community index. The brand reputation index is an index that is weighted by extracting brand big data, analyzing consumer behavior with a reputation analysis algorithm, and classifying it into participation value, communication value, media value, community value, and social value.

Brand big data analysis can measure positive and negative evaluations of brands, sources and interest in media, consumer interest and traffic, community spread of issues, and responses to and popularity of content.

In May 2022, the top 30 drama actors brand reputation rankings are Lee Byung-hun, Lee Jun-ki, Son Seok-gu, Cha Seung-won, Han Ji-min, Lee Jung-eun, Rowoon, Shin Min-ah, Kim Hee-sun, Park Joo-mi, Bae Da-bin, Lee Yo-won, Kim Ji-eun, Kim Ji-won, Yoon Si-yoon, Ahn Bo-hyeon, Seol-hyeon, Chu Ja-hyun, Jo Bo-ah, Kim Jae-wook, Lee Soo-hyuk, Kim Woo-seok, Lee Kwang-soo, Jin Ki-joo, Lee Sung-kyung, Park Hae-jin, Joo Sang-wook, Lee El, Kim Gyu-ri, and Oh Yeon-soo were in that order.

The Lee Byung-hun brand, who ranked first in the drama actor brand reputation, was analyzed as a brand reputation index of 3,817,265 as the participation index 594,594 media index 739,125 communication index 1,189,757 community index 1,293,790.

In second place, the Lee Joon-gi brand was analyzed with a brand reputation index of 3,248,377 with a participation index of 998,583, a media index of 641,417, a communication index of 734,739, and a community index of 873,639.

In third place, the Son Seok-gu brand was analyzed with a brand reputation index of 2,548,804 as the participation index 1,084,298 media index 579,098 communication index 446,386 community index 439,023.

Director Koo Chang-hwan of the Korea Corporate Reputation Research Institute said, "As a result of the analysis of the brand reputation of drama actors in May 2022, the Lee Byung-hun brand, which shows various colors in the drama 'Our Blues', was analyzed as the first. 'Real, vivid' came out high, and 'Jeju Island, all things, dialect' came out high in keyword analysis. In the positive-negative ratio analysis, the positive ratio was analyzed as 76.14%."

In addition, "Drama actor brand category analysis of brand big data in May 2022 decreased 18.94% compared to 79,525,986 big data of drama actor brands in March. Detailed analysis shows a 31.24% decrease in brand consumption, a 17.55% decrease in brand issues, and a decrease in brand communication. A decrease of 24.60%, and a decrease of 4.01% in the spread of the brand.”

The Korean Corporate Reputation Research Institute (Director Changhwan Koo) analyzes brand big data to understand the change in brand reputation. This drama actor brand reputation survey was conducted from April 5, 2022 to May 5, 2022, by Lee Byung-hun, Lee Jun-ki, Son Seok-gu, Cha Seung-won, Han Ji-min, Lee Jung-eun, Rowoon, Shin Min-ah, Kim Hee-sun, Park Joo-mi, Bae Da-bin, Lee Yo-won, Kim Ji-eun, Kim Ji-won. , Yoon Si-yoon, Ahn Bo-hyun, Seol-hyun, Choo Ja-hyun, Jo Bo-ah, Kim Jae-wook, Lee Su-hyuk, Kim Woo-seok, Lee Kwang-soo, Jin Ki-joo, Lee Sung-kyung, Park Hae-jin, Joo Sang-wook, Lee El, Kim Gyu-ri, Oh Yeon-su, Kim Young-cheol, Yoon Ji-on, Kim Young-dae, Su-jeong, Hwang Shin-hye, Ham Eun-jung, Jung Jun-ho, Brand big data analysis was conducted on Lee Min-ki, Shin Dong-mi, Seo Beom-jun, Oh Min-seok, Lee Seung-yeon, Lee Kyung-young, Park Jin-hee, Jang Hye-jin, Nam Sang-ji, Seo Ha-jun, Lee Young-eun, Jeong Sang-hoon, and Yang Byung-yeol.

Source:  http://mksports.co.kr/view/2022/398713/

• Like 4

May 6, 2022

Shin Min Ah Finally Bares Her Heart To Lee Byung Hun For 1st Time In “Our Blues”

DRAMA PREVIEW

May 6, 2022

by E. Cha

spacer.png

Get ready for an emotional moment between Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun on tvN’s “Our Blues”!

“Our Blues” is a new omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, the star-studded cast includes Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

Warning: mention of attempted suicide.

Previously on “Our Blues,” Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) struggled with her depression before ultimately jumping into the sea out of despair. Meanwhile, Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun), who used to have feelings for her years ago before their friendship ended on a sour note, worriedly looked on as she was rescued from the water.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Min Sun Ah finally opens up to Lee Dong Suk in an emotional moment by the sea. While she has always remained impassive and composed in front of him before, Min Sun Ah tears up as she lays her feelings bare for the first time.

The producers of “Our Blues” remarked, “Sun Ah will tell Dong Suk her story for the first time by the sea, which holds special meaning for her. Dong Suk’s uniquely clumsy way of comforting Sun Ah, whose heart he has opened, and Sun Ah’s painful story that will be revealed in an explosion of emotion, will move viewers’ hearts deeply.”

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

To find out what Min Sun Ah tearfully reveals to Lee Dong Suk, tune in to the next episode of “Our Blues” on May 7 at

9:10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Shin MIn Ah in her film “Diva” with subtitles below!

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/article/1525029wpp/shin-min-ah-finally-bares-her-heart-to-lee-byung-hun-for-1st-time-in-our-blues

• Like 3

ITW for the magazine rolling stone korea

Capture-d-e-cran-2022-05-06-a-10-23-40.p

Lee Byung-Hun’s “Our Blues” beautifully depicts how people preserve through hardships.

It is less than a week before the premiere of “Our Blues” and the series star Lee Byung-hun is in a good mood for this interview. Wearing a yellow turtleneck underneath his checkered jacket, the actor is at ease as he sits down to talk with Rolling Stone Korea about his life, career, and his new tvN drama, which will also be available to international audiences on Netflix. 

In one of the trailers for “Our Blues,” Lee’s character Dong-seok – a man filled with rage about his unfortunate circumstances, scrambles to make a life for himself while living in his car (The drama reunites him with his “A Bittersweet Life” co-star Shin Min-a). 

At one point, Dong-seok offers his philosophy on life: “Don't care about what others say. It’s my life after all.” 

This forthright attitude might also explain Lee’s attitudes about his life and how he became one of the country’s most well-known actors. At 21, he was discovered at a KBS talent search. Shortly after being selected, he made his debut in that network’s drama “Asphalt My Hometown.” Four years later in 1995, he would star in the romantic comedy film “Who Drives Me Crazy.”

Back then, he couldn’t have imagined that not only would he become a movie star, but he would also become one of the few actors from Korea who would crossover into the U.S. film industry. Ironically, the start of his U.S. career began in France.

In 2005, Lee attended the Cannes Film Festival to support his film “A Bittersweet Life.” While there, an agent approached him about doing some work in America. Lee said he didn’t think much would come from that meeting. He was surprised when his manager received the script for “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and he was cast as the masked Storm Shadow (aka Thomas Arashikage). 

Long before Hollywood began courting Korean actors or actresses, Lee was already landing a steady stream of Hollywood feature films like “The Magnificent Seven,” “Red 2,” and “Terminator Genisys.” 

Though he was already a huge star in Korea, Lee was treated as an unknown actor on the American sets, which he said he didn’t mind. He didn’t let those experiences impact his work. 

At this point in his career, Lee is eager to keep his career interesting – which is one reason why he accepted an integral role in the international hit series “Squid Game.” Wearing a mask throughout his cameo appearance playing the Front Man, his face was revealed only at the end during a tragic sequence that hopefully will be explored further in the second season.

Fans are accustomed to seeing Lee tackle characters who are dashing and heroic on screen. One of his most famous roles is that of a righteous United States Marine Corps Captain who returns to Korea and faces his destiny in the hit series “Mr. Sunshine.” 

But for now, he brings life to an ordinary man who’s working through his issues. And he hopes viewers will be able to relate to the slice-of-life stories told in “Our Blues.”

In “Our Blues,” you play a down-on-your-luck man who has no home and essentially lives in his truck. As a top star, you are perceived as living a life of privilege. What do you have in common with your character, Lee Dong-seok?

Dong-seok has a spontaneous side, like a rugby ball that is hard to predict where it will bounce off next, and I see a bit of myself in that personality.

What kind of roles pique your interest these days?

I put a lot of weight on whether the story is persuasive, whether it is plausible and reasonable, and whether it is entertaining to the audience in any form. I should be able to emotionally understand the character and find a way to portray him on the screen. 

You have acted in so many films and dramas. Which role do you feel the closest to?

I feel a close connection to the characters in the drama “Tomorrow Love”(1992) and the film “Once in a Summer” (2006). I think many people assume that I am alike to the roles I took on in the noir or the action films, but I am actually similar to the funny and careless characters I have played so far.

There are so many young actors who hope to have the kind of career longevity that you are enjoying. What advice would you give to them? 

I would like to tell them to hold on to the emotions they have felt in life as much as possible. It is important to refer to all the feelings and experiences they have gone through in life when acting. Gaining and holding onto those experiences form the foundation of good acting. 

What have you learned about yourself from the roles that you’ve played?

Every character that I have portrayed and every work I took part in has affected me and offered enlightenment in one way or another, though there may be differences in the degree of their impact. While all works are special to me, I am particularly fond of “Mr. Sunshine” (2018) because it gave me the opportunity to look further into and study the period it was set in.

Circling back to “Our Blues,” what is it that you hope viewers will ultimately take away from this series?

I experienced touching emotions, and found consolation and hope ever since I read the script for Our Blues. I hope that this drama will be able to “comfort all wounded souls,” as the scriptwriter once said.

Spoiler

Capture-d-e-cran-2022-05-06-a-10-30-28.p

Capture-d-e-cran-2022-05-06-a-10-31-03.p

Check out the 6th Issue of Rolling Stone Korea for more of Lee Byung-Hun’s photos and interview session. 

Photographs by Kim Yeong Jun

Source : https://rollingstone.co.kr/modules/catalogue/cg_view.html?cc=1011&no=1683#skltbsResponsive2

• Like 4

May 6, 2022

What have you learned about yourself from the roles that you’ve played?

Every character that I have portrayed and every work I took part in has affected me and offered enlightenment in one way or another, though there may be differences in the degree of their impact. While all works are special to me, I am particularly fond of “Mr. Sunshine” (2018) because it gave me the opportunity to look further into and study the period it was set in.

Circling back to “Our Blues,” what is it that you hope viewers will ultimately take away from this series?

I experienced touching emotions, and found consolation and hope ever since I read the script for Our Blues. I hope that this drama will be able to “comfort all wounded souls,” as the scriptwriter once said.

Thank you @Annelyse Court for posting this wonderful  interview from Rolling Stone.  

J'adore ses réponses très franches. On continue à en apprendre davantage sur la personnalité et le caractère de notre acteur préféré !

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, peonie said:

Thank you @Annelyse Court for posting this wonderful  interview from Rolling Stone.  

J'adore ses réponses très franches. On continue à en apprendre davantage sur la personnalité et le caractère de notre acteur préféré !

You're welcome @peonie, 

I too enjoy this ITW, I really liked the answers to these two questions :

In “Our Blues,” you play a down-on-your-luck man who has no home and essentially lives in his truck. As a top star, you are perceived as living a life of privilege. What do you have in common with your character, Lee Dong-seok?

Dong-seok has a spontaneous side, like a rugby ball that is hard to predict where it will bounce off next, and I see a bit of myself in that personality.

You have acted in so many films and dramas. Which role do you feel the closest to?

I feel a close connection to the characters in the drama “Tomorrow Love”(1992) and the film “Once in a Summer” (2006). I think many people assume that I am alike to the roles I took on in the noir or the action films, but I am actually similar to the funny and careless characters I have played so far.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

May 7, 2022

spacer.png

Shin Min Ah And Lee Byung Hun Confront Each Other About The Past In “Our Blues”

DRAMA PREVIEW

May 7, 2022

by E. Cha

More of Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun’s history together will be revealed on the next episode of tvN’s “Our Blues”!

“Our Blues” is a new omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, the star-studded cast includes Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

Previously on “Our Blues,” the drama gave viewers a brief glimpse of Min Sun Ah (Shin MIn Ah) and Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun)’s past relationship. When they ran into each other in Seoul seven years ago, the two recognized each other and soon became good friends. However, things ended on a sour note when Min Sun Ah ultimately rejected Lee Dong Suk’s romantic advances.

In the drama’s upcoming episode, Lee Dong Suk will finally confront Min Sun Ah about why she pushed him away seven years ago. As they open up about their feelings, the two former friends will look back on their shared childhood from their school days, which left both of them with emotional scars—as well as the very first time they met all those years ago.

The producers of “Our Blues” teased, “Dong Suk and Sun Ah’s school days in Jeju, during which they relied on one another amidst the wounds inflicted upon them by adults, will be revealed.”

They went on, “Please stay tuned to find out where things went wrong between them—and what kind of relationship the two of them will develop in present day after meeting again in Jeju.”

spacer.png

Screenshot_2022-05-07_at_11.00.37_AM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-05-07_at_11.00.44_AM.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on May 7 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Lee Byung Hun in “Inside Men” with subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/article/1525213wpp/shin-min-ah-and-lee-byung-hun-confront-each-other-about-the-past-in-our-blues

• Like 3

May 7, 2022

‘Our Blues' Lee Byung-hun finds the missing Shin Min-ah... Their School Days history revealed.  (A translation)

The 9th episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama "Our Blues" (written by Noh Hee Kyung/directed by Kim Kyu Tae/Kim Yang Hhee, Lee Jung Mook) will be aired on May 7.   It will feature Lee Dong Seok (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) and their first meeting in Jeju during their school days.

spacer.png

Photos:  Courtesy of tvN Drama 

In the meantime, Lee Dong Seok and Min Sun Ah’s past relationship was briefly revealed in the drama, drawing attention.  When they met in Seoul 7 years ago, the two recognized each other and guessed that they had a relationship once in Jeju a long time ago. Lee Dong Seok remembered the past when he felt similar feelings when he saw Min Sun Ah who abandoned him 7 years ago. This amplified the curiosity about what happened between the two of them.

Meanwhile,  the production team released the stills of the 9th episode where Lee Dong Seok and Min Sun Ah met in an abandoned house.  On this day's broadcast, Lee Dong-Seok heard the news that Min Sun Ah has disappeared and sets out to find her. As there was an earlier accident where Sun Ah fell into the sea, he was worried that something bad would happen to her.  Attention is focusing on where Min-sun had disappeared with no contact and why she came here.

In addition, Lee Dong Seok, who is angry because he is worried, and Min Sun Ah, who looks at him with a warmer gaze than before, stimulates curiosity about what kind of conversation the two had.  In the preview video for Episode 9, Lee Dong Seok drew attention by asking Min Sun Ah about her wounded past and when he was hurt by saying, “Why did you do that to me?” The two people's school past, summoned along with Lee Dong Seok question, is expected to continue their relationship and increase their level of commitment.

In the 9th episode, it will be interesting to what their childhood was like with scars for both Lee Dong Seok and Min Sun Ah. What was the reason for his feelings for Sun Ah which were not returned even if Lee Dong-seok wanteds to turn a blind eye.  The production team of 'Our Blues' said, “The past of Dong Seok and Sun Ah, who relied on each other in the pain left by the adults, will be revealed. Please keep an eye out for how the two of them got apart and what kind of destiny they will create when they meet again in Jeju.

Broadcast at 9:10 p.m. on the 7th.

Source:  https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205070920452410

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

May 7, 2022

Lee Byung Hun Tops the May Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings

by krishkim

Screenshot_2022-05-06_at_10.57.49_AM.png

Credit: tvN

This month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors have been revealed, and the top spot went to none other than Lee Byung Hun.

The Korean Business Research Institute analyzed the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between April 5th to May 5th to determine the rankings.

Our Blues actor Lee Byung Hun came in first with a brand reputation index of 3,817,265 – 594,594 in participation, 739,125 in media coverage, 1,189,757 in interaction, and 1,293,798 in community.

Screenshot_2022-05-07_at_4.26.42_PM.png

Credit: SBS, JTBC

Again My Life star Lee Joon Ki followed the list with a total brand reputation index of 3,248,377. My Liberation Notes actor Son Seok Koo ranked third with a brand reputation index of 2,548,804.

As for the actresses, three Our Blues stars Han Ji Min, Lee Jung Eun, and Shin Min Ah landed at No. 5, 6, and 8, respectively.

Source:   https://zapzee.net/2022/05/06/lee-byung-hun-tops-the-may-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings/

• Like 3

May 7, 2022

A commentary from a Jeju Islander on Lee Byung Hun's acting in 'Our Blues'

Screenshot_2022-05-07_at_10.30.48_PM.png

I have a decisive reason for watching ‘Our Blues’ in particular, and that is my curiosity as a Jeju Islander. I cannot deny the comment that let us examine the dialect from the perspective of the mother tongue. It is not just the dialect. It's also an examination of the actors' acceptance of local emotions. In this regard, in this drama, Ko Doo Shin is "acquiescent" and “exceeding the barrier.” She was born and raised on Jeju Island, and her whole body is wrapped in the air of the island. Putting aside the discussion to look at such hardships, a large part of the manpower that caught my attention came from Lee Byung Hun’s role as Dong Seok. It was something I wondered if his performance made you think about the realism of the performance. Surprisingly, it proves that it is not realism that simply realistically portrays a possible person, but realism that reveals the life etched on the character.

Dongseok, a native of Jeju, lives in a truck. Eat in the truck, sleep in the truck, and ride the truck to and from the islands. A person's habits are transmitted through actions. Dong Seok, who is soliciting people by clasping hands while wearing clothes, is stingy. "pick! pick! pick!" His appearance of sharply putting things in a plastic bag is that of 'Jeju Samchun', which you can easily see when you go to an oil market. It is especially impressive to see the soapstone leaping out of the regular elders who bought things from other merchants. In Jeju Island, there is a cartel that helps out as if it were one's own business if it was a neighbor's business, called 'Gwandang Culture’.  This Gwandang culture is evaluated as a virtue that brings together the residents, but it is accepted as closed to outsiders. The fact that haenyeo do not  trust Yeongok (Han Ji-min) from Seoul is irrelevant to this gandang culture. It is also related to the fact that Dong Seok is furious with the elderly. He is  not angry because he could no make a day's sales. "I came here even if I did not  earn 100,000 won a day by pulling a car (dragging a car) and distributing (by boat).  He is disappointed because he lost their loyalty. The expression of emotions is rough, so Dongseok vividly expresses the inner side of a person who has no reason other than to be honest.

At this time, Lee Byung Hun’s Jeju dialect spoken through Dong Seok  is quite impressive. After working in Hollywood, he once said, "Speaking English and acting in English are two different things." Is there a difference between speaking and doing dialect? There is an inherent difference between speaking the dialect and doing the dialect. In addition, Jeju is the only foreign language that requires subtitles in eight provinces in the country. However, Lee Byung Hun acted even close to life while speaking this highly difficult dialect at a high level. In a work that puts regional color at the forefront, everything seems to be a lie if there is no realism in the language.

The people who may be around us. In this sense, Dong Seok is a distant relative of Seo Tae Poong  in <Happy Together> and Jo Ha in <Keys to the Heart>. In "Happy Together" which aired at the end of the century, Lee Byung Hun was dismantled into a typhoon of a baseball second team member and ran wildly against the established image of a "hot-blooded boy", causing many women to say, "Is your brother like that?" In a typical TV drama, the main character has something special or has the guts of "Jung Dae Man who does not give up", but Tae Poong  as an ordinary neighboring brother runs through the whole drama until the last moment. In the Korean drama at that time, it was rare for the male lead to be so "fashionable". If you are a person who is closely related to reality, Jo Ha  of "Keys to the Heart" is not easy. He used to be a famous WBC champion, but now he is a unemployed in the neighborhood who earns a day's income. The actor's meticulousness, saying "I take care to burn my arms black at the edges of my T-shirt" to convey a man who spins flyers for a living, makes Jo Ha look a little more realistic.

Strictly speaking, the 80% of what raised actor Lee Byung Hun is lyricism represented by his moist eyes. However, what makes his life as an actor more interesting from that point on is his acting, which carries less and less power on his shoulders. Few actors can match comedy as well as Lee Byung Hun, whose frugality betrays his charm. As an extension of this line, Gwanghae's Hasun  insists on dancing in his pants because he cannot  control his physiology, and Ahn Sang Goo of "Inside Men" spits out ramen and swallows in a hurry because is too hot.

#This is a column for #First Look #Lee Byung-Hun #Our Blues #Shin Min-Ah #First Look

Source:  IG of @siwoorain_

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

May 9,  2022

‘Our Blues’  The mysterious Sun Ah in Dong Seok’s heart opens up her heart for the first time, and In Kwon and Ho Sik make a warm decision! (ep.9)  (A translation) 

Screenshot_2022-05-09_at_3.41.45_PM.png

Credit : tvN drama 

For so many years, Dong Seok (Lee Byung Hun) has been angry with Sun Ah, but in fact, Sun Ah  (Shin Min Ah)  also has her difficulties ......

‘Our Blues’ tells the stories of a group of ordinary people on Jeju Island, some reunited with their married first love, some got pregnant unexpectedly while in high school, and some broke up with their best friends over one sentence.  This time, the main characters are him and her, who went around and finally returned to Jeju after a long journey.

Dong Seok’s only redemption of a painful childhood

After his father's death, his mother remarried and became a concubine.  Whenever the first wife's son beat him, he would not  fight back, hoping to use his wounds to stimulate his mother to love him more, but in the end, he does not get the attention he wants. Don Seok  has a crush on Sun Ah, a young girl. One day, he misunderstands his friend's relationship with her, and is angry that beats his friend to the ground. But Sun Ah’s response was to ask the police to arrest him as a "hooligan", making Dong Seok feel that he is being cheated. 

spacer.png

After meeting Sun Ah  again 7 years ago, Dong Seok dated her often, thinking that the two could go further and kissed her. Unexpectedly, she turned her face and refused immediately, making Dong Seok  feel that he was being cheated again. Now that Sun Ah is divorced and returned to Jeju, Dong Seok knows that he has become a "tool man" but still came to help.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-05-07_at_11.00.52_AM(1).

Sun Ah  struggled desperately and still could not help herself.

Sun Ah’s  father failed in business, and her mother divorced and remarried. She thought that only by destroying herself could she get her father to wake up and regain his strength.  In fact, Sun Ah  also liked Dong Seok very much. That day, she did not have any relationship with the friend and did not really call the police. She just pretended to scare him because she was afraid that Dong Seok would be killed.  On the same day, Sun Ah's father drove the car into the sea, and she was taken to Seoul by her mother and suffered from untreated depression.

Sun Ah returns to her empty old home and tried very hard to renovate it.  She plans to reclaim custody of his son in court.  Dong Seok suddenly realized with fear that what if she did not succeed?

Screenshot_2022-05-09_at_4.39.56_PM.png

Both Dong Seok and Sun Ah  grew up in neglected families.  They both tried to get their parents' attention by hurting themselves, but both failed to do so... If they have never been loved;  if they do not even have enough power to love themselves, will they be able to love each other?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-05-09_at_4.40.07_PM.png

From best friends to enemies to in-laws.

Ho Sik came to In Kwon’s house in the middle of the night to meet him. He knelt down, asking him to agree to the birth of their grandchild.  In Kwon also showed his toughness and tenderness to protect his family and friends after a long time.  He also knelt down before Ho Sik because he had once belittled Young Joo. The two agreed not to be brothers anymore, but to address each other as “in-laws."

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-05-09_at_4.40.33_PM.png

In the preview for the next episode, Uhm Jung Hwa who portrays Eun Hee’s best friend Mi Ran finally appears.   Sun Ah seemed to have failed to take back her son and “ cannot see anything even in a brightly lit place.”  Dong Seok tells her that she can be sad, but not like his mother who is just sad.  Looking  forward to episode 10 tonight!

Source: https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/141197

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

May 12, 2022

'Our Blues’ Lee Jung Eun → Lee Byung-hun, three famous lines that touched the heart.

spacer.png

‘Our Blues’ contains comfort that permeates life.

In the tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues' (written by Noh Hee Kyung/directed by Kim Gyu Tae, Kim Yang Hee, Lee Jung Mook/planned Studio Dragon/produced by GTist), there are protagonists who are hurt by people but also comforted by them. And the appearance of the main characters looking for hope to live again gives viewers a big resonance.

Consolation of Lee Jung Eun in Cha Seung Won's arms “How to do business with a living” (Episode of ‘Hansu and Eunhee’)

Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won), a goose father whose life has become difficult because of money, and Jung Eun-hee (Lee Jung Eun), a fishmonger who has a lot of money but takes care of her family. The episode of 'Hansu and Eunhee', the classmates she met after 20 years, summoned the memories of her past youth and drew attention. Jung Eun Hee, who knew that her first love Choi Han Soo deceived her because he needed money, shed tears in disappointment.  However, she showed a big heart for her friend Choi Han Soo, saying, "I should take care of myself with money, and I should take care of my friend without money.”  She then sends 200 million won in cash to Choi Han Soo, saying, “There are times when a merchant runs out of business. It is not like I am doing a poor business once or twice in my life, so don't worry about it and take it," she left a message. Choi Han Soo returned the money and kept the friendship by saying, "I don't want to let you do business this time as much as you have always done business in your life." Jung Eun Hee buried her first love in her heart forever.  However, Choi Han Soo who met the wonderful Jung Eun Hee looks back on his youth and uses these memories to gain the strength to live again, leaving a deep impression.

■ Father's confession of tears of reconciliation “You were more proud of me than anything else in the world” (In Kwon and  Hosik episode)

The episode of ‘In Kwon and Ho sik’ by Jung In-Kwon (Park Ji Kwan) and Bang Ho Sik (Choi Young Joon), who became widowers and lived with only one child, touched the hearts of parents in front of the TV. The two fathers, who raised their children by selling ice and slicing sundae without a day off, were disppointed because of their children who did not go their way. Jung In kwon, who only looked rough and strong, was hurt by the one word, "I was ashamed of my father. ”  Bang Ho Sik was also hurt by the sight of her daughter leaving the house without him.

However, no parents can defeat their own children and seeing the fathers collapsing in tears over their children's apologies was heartbreaking. “You were more proud of me than anything else in the world. But is this (father) embarrassed?” The crying words of JungIn Kwon were the same as those of all the parents in the world. Seeing fathers weeping at the words of their children, “I was wrong” and “I’m sorry”, gave a touching feeling that seemed to envelop the hearts of all parents in the world.

■ Shin Min Ah's comfort by Lee Byung Hun  "I'm not saying don't be sad. Don’t just be sad”, “If you turn your back, there is a different world” (‘Dongseok and Seonah’ episode)

Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah ) was saddened as if she had lost all hope when she was unable to live with her child due to the custody trial.  Lee Dong Seok(Lee Byung-hun) was by the side of Min Sun Ah, and delivered harsh but sincere condolences.  "If a mother dies unhappy all her life, what will the child see and enjoy her life?  I am not saying don't be sad. Don't be sad like my mother." He comforted Min Seon Ah from her sorrow and lifted her from her grief.  Lee Dong Seok also had a childhood wounded by his mother who did not take care of him, so his comfort came across more heavily.

Tomorrow's sun has risen again. The ending in which two people who saw the sunrise held hands and walked together saying, “I want to be happy” was heartwarming. Lee Dong Seok's message of comfort, saying, "If you turn your back like this, there is a different world," left a deep lingering impression, conveying hope and support not only to Min Sun Ah but also to viewers.

The bitter, sweet, bitter, and bitter life story in ‘Our Blues’ continues. What kind of life comfort awaits, and what kind of tears and emotions it will bring, expectations are growing for the remaining episodes.

The tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm, and on May 14th, Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Han Ji Min, and Kim Woo Bin's 11th episode of 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah and Young-ok and Jeong-jun' episodes will be released.    On May 15th, an episode of 'Miran and Eunhee', which depicts the friendship between Uhm Jung Hwa and Lee Jung Eun, will unfold.

Source:
https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202205121149003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv

• Like 3

May 14, 2022

'Our Blues' Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, what kind of relationship will remain?

Screenshot_2022-05-14_at_5.05.34_PM.png

Credit: tvN drama

Screenshot_2022-05-14_at_5.05.45_PM.png

Credit: tvN drama

Attention is focused on the last story of Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, who comforted each other.

In the tvN weekend drama 'Our Blues', Lee Byung Hun (Lee Dong Seok) and Shin Min-ah (Min Sun Ah) warmly colored the small screen with a story of finding hope to live again in even in a difficult life. Thanks to the passionate performances of the two actors, the 10th episode (broadcast on May 8) surpassed 13.4% of households in the Seoul metropolitan area (based on the paid platform / provided by Nielsen Korea) and broke its own highest ratings.

On this day, Lee Byung Hun's consolation of bringing Shin Min Ah out of sadness was depicted.  After losing her custody trial and unable to live with her son, Shin Min-ah fell into a swamp of deep depression. The presence of Lee Byung Hun, who told Shin Min Ah that she should continue to live, was a great help. Shin Min Ah, who was left alone after her husband and her family all left, stood up again with Lee Byung Hun's consolation, and the sight of the two holding hands made them cheer.

In the midst of this, episode 11, which will be aired on the 14th, contains the last story of the episode of 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah'. Shin Min-ah is unable to live with her son in Jeju, and she has no reason to return to Jeju, so she stays in Seoul. Even though she is still struggling, she decides to start anew. Lee Byung Hun is worried about Shin Min Ah, who has just come out of her sorrow, finds something to help her.

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah in the 11th still cut, which was released, began cleaning the house and are shaking off the pain and sadness accumulated here.  Lee Byung Hun moves her furniture so that Shin Min Ah can rest and live at home, and even leaves a surprise gift.  Lee Byung Hun's warm touch that straightens the sleeping Shin Min Ah's frown; his heart for her happiness is felt.

Another still cut shows Shin Min-ah making a strong expression with tears in her eyes. It is  not tears with sad and gloomy feelings.  Interest is paying attention to what Shin Min Ah's new resolution will be, which she vowed with hot tears.  With Shin Min-ah's new start, people are curious about what kind of relationship the two will have. The production team said, "Lee Byung Hun gives support to Shin Min Ah, but Shin Min Ah also asks Lee Byung Hun about his mother. Please keep an eye on the last story of the two lovers."

Episode 11 of "Our Blues" will air today (14th) at 9:10 p.m.

Reporter Hwang So-young hwang.soyoung@joongang.co.kr

Source: https://isplus.joins.com/2022/05/14/enter/entertainment/20220514115448290.html

• Like 3

May 14, 2022

Video release by BH Entertainment with the following caption:

"BHIND] BH Actors: Shy but does everything they are asked to do. (LeeByunghun /HanJimin /Our Blues)"

Source:   BH Entertainment

• Like 3

May 14, 2022

BH Entertainment released the following profile picture today:

Screenshot_2022-05-14_at_9.22.58_PM.png

"You have to keep living

Rough but affectionate Dong Seok's consolation

Dong Seok and Sun Ah's last episode that touches my heart

Tonight's "Our Blues"

Source:  BH Entertainment 

• Like 3