[variety] We Got Married 우리 결혼했어요

Guest jahye

On 7/10/2017 at 5:21 AM, Lmangla said:

missing WGM, this thread and the folks here....

sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

so @cdcotr ~ did you get a chance to see that hello counsellor episode? what did you think?

and is there anything interesting happening with any of the other WGM couples - do folks know?

hi  @Lmangla yep did get to finally watch the full episode. I tried to pay attention to BM and TJ but th story of the father with the 3 kids was so infuriating! LOL 

After watching them, I felt kinda sad in a way. She was so very careful to maintain distance and I don't think she even looked at him the whole time. Even when she asked help for the device, she didn't look him in the face. Not that I noticed anyway. It seemed like she was making a point, she won't deny their time together but also won't behave in the same friendly, familiar way, somewhere between mere acquaintances and friends.

I'm totally guessing and assuming but I think he's over it or that he isn't hoping for more at this point. He has accepted her terms and is getting on with his life.

Weird, I feel kinda disappointed even as I write this, maybe bec I think they could enrich each others' life by being in it, even if it is just as close friends. And they're missing out bec of her decision to let others dictate how her life should go. I'm sure that's oversimplifying it and I'm making a lot of assumptions but it's probably accurate in some way.

TJ was getting upset at the father, it looked like there was steam coming out of his ears ! LOL I was thinking to myself, "See, BM, he'd make a good father to your kids! " LOLOL

I, too, miss the discussions we have here...still no word abt WGM coming back I guess?

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@happymemories09 ~ were you a fan of the gundam couple? it was kind of strange but I wasn't surprised that they dated or that they broke up! hahhaahha... so it was a long while back but my impression was a kind of a hot chemistry that would eventually dissolve into two people breaking up because they have trouble resolving their differences in a good way......  but they were one of the few couples who actually publicly dated after being on the show - definitely important. perhaps, they both learned stuff from the relationship?

@cdcotr ~ ah so you were disappointed? guess I had super low expectations. hahahah... but yea, no word about WGM coming back that I have seen. still waiting. fingers crossed.

I guess it's harder for idols to date after WGM....esp young ones when they have to maintain their idol image...and not affecting the group.

Even if as friends, meetup is hard...might fear scandals and rumors. The only times are perhaps during work, but they can't be w/o any reservations...thus showing a balance/distance in front of viewers. Unless it's backstage and not recorded....then we won't know...haha. If only by messaging and phonecalls (without normal meetups)....eventually time will diminish the feelings.

So ideally the most possible ones should be actors, esp older ones.....or non-idol singers....or if in idol groups, perhaps very senior ones.  

For actors who pair up again in a new drama after WGM...naturally they can be cosy....b'cos one reason is their chars/roles are like this...and there's less pressure than doing it on WGM. Of course shippers would have their imagination run wild. 

Btw real and fake....i tend to believe some (if not most) couples develop some good feelings (maybe not yet until love) after so many episodes of WGM....some might learn something about romance, or even themselves.

I didn't watch so many couples to comment more or give examples. But think a few females mention preferences during WGM or show appreciation to their partner who complement their own lacking eg she can't cook well but he can. Then later on when they really dated/married, that someone is quite close to what they mention. So at least these things (eg what they like or learn to like in a guy), they are quite truthful during WGM. And maybe also gain some experience from WGM.

• 2 weeks later...

hello folks! still no word abt WGM?

@Lmangla I just watched Hello counselor that aired july 24 and they had 3 WGM alumni on - TaeJoon, Joy of Red Velvet and Yonghua of CN Blue (YongSeo couple I think?)  it was nice to see all 3 very engaged with what's going on and they all were paying attention and Joy gave some thoughtful comments. She really won me over, her and Seung Jae did (did I get his name right?) after a while...on a side note, I have been wondering why they don't have aprofessional counselor or psychologist as one of the panel members on that show??? Some concerns really seem to need the professional help, I've only seen a few episodes and yet this is my impression.

Anyway, hope everyone is well!

• 2 weeks later...

Bbyu/SungJoy couple

Joy made a surprise appearance on a show Sungjae was invited.

I know they're not dating, but they're still so shy with each other, so that's a good thing

Closed caption (eng sub) is available

Though the way Joy and Sung Jae communicated in above show...more like friends....but many viewers noticed Sung Jae already realised who is the girl quite early....the voice, the hands/fingers....he at least remember. Guess for both of them being young idols....at least this much is "sweet candy" to their shippers

So no news on WGM? about new season. or MBC is quietly hoping viewers will forget and drop the show completely?

that was cute. thanks for posting @beth07; what show was this? like @Cedric Ong, think it is cute that he recognized her almost immediately and started giggling. he knew who it was. given how young they were, just a cute friendship itself is a win for shippers. :) still no sign of WGM renewal? waaaaaaah..... :bawling:

• 2 weeks later...

@beth07 yep thanks for posting this video! they were adorable!  It's really nice to see they still giggle and laugh abt their memories a long time after their run ended. I hope they keep in touch.  It was kind of a running gag that he insists on being the "oppa" when they only had a year difference but his reason that he had a few years on her in terms of debuting, well that makes sense now =D  Still is cute and funny though LOL

Sung JAe looked good and other WGM alums - Cao Lu and HongKi were there too. Cao Lu looked great but Joy looked so much thinner and I prefer her weight on WGM. Like the shorter hair on CL, the brief look I got I had the impression it made her look younger.

@LmanglaWhat is this show abt? So this is the show that replaced WGM?? HAve you seen a whole episode?  Is it bad to keep fingers crossed that any replacements they put in fail? and fail spectacularly? so we get our show back? =D

@cdcotr ~ actually have no idea what the show is about. hahahahha... so I was just curious to see if the ratings were better and were surprised to see that it was so much lower than WGM. seemed like such a waste considering how abruptly put WGM on freeze. according to wiki, the show was moved to a different time slot. so not sure what is airing at WGM slot currently. still keeping my fingers crossed that WGM will start airing again.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry, i'm new here... just want to share if it is possibly a new wgm comeback, my friend is having a vacation in seoul, and today when he is walking around to visit namsan tower he came across some people doing something like a small guerilla shoot. Wondering who the guy and the girl is?Anyone probably recognize them in the picture and the video footage, links below check it out!So could this be a new wgm comeback??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19gBWdPucxnQwwBuLIPVvW5J_HW-QuZ3x/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C-5UCxXEqecCkxAiWIgUlE9yBKxYnToX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qchrZfwjZURCWsO-kUQZsdSWW8D35bJF/view?usp=sharing

I apologize before if i'm not posting the links correctly and the quality of the picture and video footage

@rezzman

I don't recognise the ppl in the photo and clip. 

Also no news on WGM since now MBC strike is over and operations are back to normal.....or other related themed show. 

Actually if not marriage or dating....merely getting to know each other is also interesting eg My Ear's Candy.

Sidetrack abit....Henry will be on china dating show Perhaps Love season 4....partnering 24yo actress Chen Du Ling.

Spoiler

Some said he was already "married" in WGM....well, Heechul also participated in this china show in 2016....as well as "married' in WGM Global version many yrs ago.

One thing interesting about Perhaps Love is there are 2 pairs that really dated and got married after the show. Christy Chung and Zhang Lunshuo. Fu Xin Bo and Ying Er (ok, some suspected this pair dated/had feelings b4 the show).

The other shows...no matter WGM Korea or Global version....or another china dating show Let's Fall In Love...don't have such "success" rate.

And funny thing is Let's Fall In Love this yr invited a real couple Zheng Kai (actor/host) and girlfriend....then after the show, they broke up.  

Occasionally some celebrities would be asked about their WGM experience...or some mention. The most recent is Jo Se Ho. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/12/kim-hee-sun-asks-jo-se-ho-if-he-really-dated-his-former-on-screen-wife-cao-lu

Or some moments of Bomi and Choi Tae Joon are shown in a recent show Outrageous Roommates.

18 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Occasionally some celebrities would be asked about their WGM experience...or some mention. The most recent is Jo Se Ho. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/12/kim-hee-sun-asks-jo-se-ho-if-he-really-dated-his-former-on-screen-wife-cao-lu

thats so cute.... wonder how accurate the translation is especially this part --

CNBLUE's Yonghwa, who was listening from the side, added, "Didn't you write her letters and stuff, too?"

I don't remember any letters and stuff in the show. what is he referring to? do folks remember?

On 12/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, Lmangla said:

thats so cute.... wonder how accurate the translation is especially this part --

CNBLUE's Yonghwa, who was listening from the side, added, "Didn't you write her letters and stuff, too?"

I don't remember any letters and stuff in the show. what is he referring to? do folks remember?

The article sounds abit vague....so i'm not sure like if they really try dating after WGM.

Well...i tend to believe abit when celebrities would say let's keep in touch after WGM....esp in their last ep. I know Cao Lu and Jo Se Ho said so, to meet up for a meal or 2 (unlike some just say goodbye and nothing else). Some even expressed interest in dating outside WGM eg Kang Ye Won to Oh Min Suk (Oh Yeah CP) when he bought her a coat.

I know they all start as going in as a job, for show...but feelings might develop. And some might want to give it a try after WGM....but feelings on the show might not "transfer" well to dates/meetups after WGM....maybe some do meetup very privately but things don't work out....so no successful cases so far.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guess as more time has passed for WGM....i no longer felt as excited about the news of the celebrities involved in it...esp when there's hardly any interaction btw them. Some seems like they are closer to strangers now....not even friends.

When the MCs asked Eric Nam if they were still in touch, the singer reported that Solar had since changed her phone number without telling him. “It turns out that she changed her number,” he reported. “I sent her a text on her birthday saying ‘Happy Birthday,’ but she never replied.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/24/eric-nam-shares-couldnt-get-touch-mamamoos-solar-got-married/

Never heard of any reboot news...so i guess it is really finished?

Heart Signal 2

There is a new show (season 2 just started) where non-celebrities are paired up ....but it's not the same as with celebrities.

https://onehallyu.com/topic/662261-official-heart-signal-season-2-korean-reality-dating-show/

Eng sub ep 1:

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/8223-[engsub]-heart-signal-2-ep.1

Romance Package

There's another dating show with non-celebrities...debut in April.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/24/bigbangs-seungri-chosen-special-mc-dating-show/

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Guess as more time has passed for WGM....i no longer felt as excited about the news of the celebrities involved in it...esp when there's hardly any interaction btw them. Some seems like they are closer to strangers now....not even friends.

When the MCs asked Eric Nam if they were still in touch, the singer reported that Solar had since changed her phone number without telling him. “It turns out that she changed her number,” he reported. “I sent her a text on her birthday saying ‘Happy Birthday,’ but she never replied.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/24/eric-nam-shares-couldnt-get-touch-mamamoos-solar-got-married/

Never heard of any reboot news...so i guess it is really finished?

She was never into him during the show but it’s sad that they couldn’t even stay in touch when he’s obviously a friendly guy. 

I think the show is really over.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Heart Signal 2

There is a new show (season 2 just started) where non-celebrities are paired up ....but it's not the same as with celebrities.

Nobody starts this Heart Signal 2 thread yet?  It is interesting.

Archived