[variety] We Got Married 우리 결혼했어요

Guest jahye

Hello, been watching other things but I watch Hello Counselor on a regular basis. So I got a surprise when I saw Bomi as a guest.

My take on the episode was - Taejoon is usually happy with a lot of eye smiles except when you get a frustrating person on and they won't listen. (seems like they have had two each episode lately) He seemed more restrained. Maybe his drama is draining him because he streched out his legs a lot. I'm happy she felt comfortable enough to ask for help but I felt there was a definite line between them. More so on her side. Ehh could all be the "must keep up the proper appearances" thing.

I wondered what the shipper's thread thought about their episode so I visited the last page. I think the thread is more Apink and Taejoon.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of gong myung and hyesung....in another ad. If u see grey hair on gong myung...it is definitely after WGM.

The "fireball punch" pose is the same as they did during "wedding" in jeju island. And finally they got to take ride together....a promise from My Ear's Candy.

6 hours ago, colourgrae said:

Hello, been watching other things but I watch Hello Counselor on a regular basis. So I got a surprise when I saw Bomi as a guest.

My take on the episode was - Taejoon is usually happy with a lot of eye smiles except when you get a frustrating person on and they won't listen. (seems like they have had two each episode lately) He seemed more restrained. Maybe his drama is draining him because he streched out his legs a lot. I'm happy she felt comfortable enough to ask for help but I felt there was a definite line between them. More so on her side. Ehh could all be the "must keep up the proper appearances" thing.

I wondered what the shipper's thread thought about their episode so I visited the last page. I think the thread is more Apink and Taejoon.

yea @colourgrae ~ there was definitely a line on her side but I was still satisfied with their interactions. kekekek... it was enough to make smile! hahhaha.. so I forgot to mention the hand holding in my earlier post which I found cute. so the MCs ask them to hold hands and she doesn't protest. what I found amusing was his immediate comment that her hands are so small and cute -- it is such a cheesy boyfriendy thing to say and he wasn't shy to say such a thing aloud. that was interesting.

while I was expecting more interactions, she definitely held back and so I get what you mean by the line. but there seemed to be a bit of testing of waters per se -- so from what I read on the shippers thread, apparently the group had a death threat from some saesang fan who was upset that the girls were being paired with actors on a variety show -- now was this a reference to WGM or some other show? did this happen before the hello counselor appearance? am not sure of the exact sequence of events but within that context, I found that she was actually quite open with taejoon. she didn't behave like he was a stranger and there wasn't awkwardness. instead, there was an easy going vibe there.

and when the MCs asked if she missed him or thought of their time, her response was interesting. so while his response was very personal and specific - octopus fry - she instead talks about her fans and concerts. so she says that her fans have put taeboom cards during concerts -- it was almost like she was saying that since her fans are happy to see this pairing, she has the freedom to think about him or miss him if she wants. so while she certainly has the approval of some fans, she certainly was aware and wasnt exactly interacting with him lots.

thats why I really liked that remote moment. so her friend and groupmate whom she knows for years is sitting beside her. she could have turned to her friend to ask for help especially because her friend had already pressed the button. instead, her instinct is turn towards him physically and gesture to his side. this isn't a conscious gesture but more on a subconscious level, she looks to him for help and expects that he will jump in. on his part, he immediately leans forward physically turns towards her and takes the remote. there was no hesitation or awkwardness -- it is like normal for him that she would expect him to help. then both are leaning towards each other while looking at the remote and it is a seamless physical interaction without awkward stops -- those are very couplish kind of interactions and body language and it was enough to give all the MCs a bit of pause. thats probably why the friend gave her a side eye and said loudly "you are not on WGM!"...  :D

so that was nice to see that despite time passing, they never friend zoned each other. as a viewer, you then don't feel cheated that you enjoyed their time on WGM and the potential that you saw.

P.S ~ since you watch hello counselor regularly, has bomi or WGM been mentioned before with taejoon?

@Lmangla During the time they were on WGM, he got some Oh he's married. After the breakup, the MC's were trying to pair him up with other ladies. He's the youngest on the panel so they seem invested into trying to make sparks, not just celebrity guests, but also the participants.

I didn't notice any deep sorrow or moodiness from him afterwards. He seemed relaxed and happy so I thought they might be in touch. Even tho he said they hadn't seen each other, that doesn't mean they couldn't have texted etc. I remember from their last show, he wanted more of the kimchi that they had made. He wanted to get it from her personally. She was very firm. "i'll send you some" So she made it clear - no contact. Was that for the benefit of crazy fans? Who knows.

Haha I bought some Honey Citrus Tea just like Hongki and Mina had. I had the same trouble trying to open it. I finally got a screwdriver to lift the lid and break the seal. (No hammer time for me!)

@Lmangla I haven't a clue. But I have seen comments in the past like that. Perhaps it comes from that one incident of the ex girlfriend commenting on the cat picture. He replied to her and of course, it became "something" But other than that, I don't know. He seems like a loyal guy to the end. His comments on Hello Counselor are very mature and he hates to see others played on.

So just a young Apink fan I think

Bomi's condition must be on the rise in S. Korea. I've started watching Crime Scene and they used it in a story. A daughter of one of the fictional characters got it, and was entered into a test of a new drug for it. So it's well known enough to be used as a plot twist.

6 hours ago, colourgrae said:

Bomi's condition must be on the rise in S. Korea. I've started watching Crime Scene and they used it in a story. A daughter of one of the fictional characters got it, and was entered into a test of a new drug for it. So it's well known enough to be used as a plot twist.

what happened???? what was used in a story????? :huh:

@Lmangla Atopic dermatitis. It is patches of skin that are itchy and usually starts in childhood. Mild cases can be soothed by ointment. There was a picture posted one time of Bomi with a flare up on her neck. So it is a chronic disease. Usually on Hello Counselor, celebrity guests are chosen because they have experience with some problem that the participant has. On Bomi's episode, a lady was on a diet that was too harsh and she was warned of what could happen with her skin. People think this condition is brought on by stress (certainly could worsen it) and poor diet.

ah I see @colourgrae; so thats how hello counselor works in terms of guests. I wondered why they chose these two members from apink and not others. I don't watch it regularly. just randomly when I am bored. initially taejoon used to be really shy and kind of nervous but now, he does seem very confident and at ease in the show. so good for him. hope there are other WGM reunions for us to come back and chat. :)

Someone in Candy couple thread asked about news on next season of WGM. I don't think there's any news, right?

Actually i wonder if it's better to just end it. B'cos WGM means married...will still have that theme even with any changes. 

I prefer a dating or befriendlng theme...feel more natural. Just my personal feel.

Sidetrack abit....about MBC....recently there are some negative news. Think there is something "rotten" at the highest level of MBC.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/22/mbc-variety-show-producers-join-growing-calls-companys-president-step/

And they now became like tabloid/gossip channel....

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/mbc-travels-to-bali-to-gather-more-information-on-song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyos-dating-rumors

@Cedric Ong I clicked on the 2nd article first and got so confused! WTH was MBC doing following 2 actors all the way to Bali?  Why the heck should they care? or more importantly, why the heck follow? Wow! kinda ridiculous... /i rthought the MBC in that article stood for another news organization or tabloid ...smh...and then read the 1st article abt the CEO...smh some more..but silver lining ..if he gets booted out (what are the chances on this happening btw?) ...maybe wgm  will get a chance to come back!

just my preference, but I still like the idea of them married instead of dating but only if they really do find celebs committed to the process and to this theme. But maybe have a transition period where the couple meet then for several episodes kinda date and get to know each other, maybe as they prepare for the wedding then have the ceremony, have a honeymoon trip and only then move in together and show all that entails (I remember enjoying watching KYW and OMS moving in and cleaning up and packing in their new place, very couple-like).

In other words, follow the normal order of things. They've played around with this sequence, each couple slightly different but I think if it's this way , it might help them develop a closer bond, or at least be less awkward and it feels more natural. Although Yura and HJH marrying the first time they met was kinda amusing but could have been a lot more awkward if it wasn't so obvious that there were definite sparks esp on Yura's side.

Come to think of it, TJ and BM kinda had this order I mentioned, didn't they ? except they didn't have the trip. probably due to their schedules..and their stint felt more like a real couple. /i could be wrong ,my memories not all that good LOL

@luvforever thanks for the heads up on TaeBom on Hello Counselor. Haven;t heard abt this so it's great you posted to let us know. that fan vid was very interesting too. I agree with @colourgrae, it does look like BM has drawn a clear line between her and TJ. But still maintains their camaraderie from before. Her body language in that fan video (which I wish she had turned just a bit ore to the left so we could see TJ more!) was interesting. TJ was definitely engaged and turned towards BM but BM not as clear. She was turned to him and speaking to him comfortably but her body was slightly leaning away or very straight /upright.

Yep, a line. And as if she was being very careful to not overstep. Hope I can see more of their interaction when i get around to watching the show.

Like @Lmangla mentioned it's great to see that they still show signs of their closeness from their WGM stint. Confirms that they did develop a bond during that time. As a viewer and them being a favorite of mine, it's good to see and know that they aren't going to act as if they had amnesia and never spent time with the other person or even had a wedding ceremony. I still hope it was a closer relationship but oh well...maybe someday...or maybe not LOL!

One thing that mas mentioned was that APink were getting threats from crazy fans bec the ladies were paired with actors in variety shows and this guesting might be testing the waters...BM's friend blurting out "you're not in WGM!" when BM turned to TJ for help with the remote, might not have been the smartest move bec it only highlighted their WGM stint and comfort and familiarity with each other. Crazy fans might get triggered.  But then BM mentioned TAaeBom signs in her concerts.So there's some support, I wonder if she still sees them now. Maybe if they persist, she'll be encouraged to go for it? LOL!  that's my eternal optimist self speaking, the cynical side says , nope, won't happen , get over it. LOLOL

10 hours ago, cdcotr said:

it's good to see and know that they aren't going to act as if they had amnesia and never spent time with the other person or even had a wedding ceremony. I still hope it was a closer relationship but oh well...maybe someday...or maybe not LOL!

we have such low expectations..... hahahhahah.... even them not acting as having amnesia is enough to make us cheer! :lol: so did you watch the episode? what did you think?

@cdcotr Watching Bomi on Running Man, giving a really hard kick to any guy who wanted a taste of their food, showed a side of her not seen on WGM. She was merciless in execution and not too sorry after the guy was writhing in pain on the floor. (our poor Island couple husband was one of them) So she has a very strong determination when she wants too.

So seeing her sit upright (being put right next to Taejoon of course) just shows her steely side. Maybe she is protecting him in the only way possible by drawing a line, but can't help melt a little because she can rely on him for help. Cause that crazy person is no joke. They sound schizophrenic. From personal experience, I can say that such a person will see you as an angel one moment, then a devil the next. You also can't believe what they say, are they really joking or did it/will it happen?

What a tough life for Apink. Even if that person is found, they may haunt Apink forever. That person I know, still calls my parents once or twice a year, trying for my phone number. For 23 years now.

46 minutes ago, colourgrae said:

That person I know, still calls my parents once or twice a year, trying for my phone number. For 23 years now.

:blink::huh::o

46 minutes ago, colourgrae said:

showed a side of her not seen on WGM.

interesting.... so he brought out a girly side of her? and she didn't even bother to compete with him too much over all those video games. she just found him amusing and laughed....

@Lmangla LOL yeah low expectations for sure! /i haven't seen it yet, maybe tonight..I have to look for the link and I'm not sure when it aired.

@colourgrae I was really looking forward to seeing BM show her athletic martial arts skills on the show! I kinda looked her up a bit since I know nothing abt these artists and saw some clips with her doing taekwondo. Sadly we didn't get to see it, another one of those "maybe if they had more time" kinda thoughts." But I think yes maybe she was a bit more girly on the show since I think it surprised her members too, how she acted around TJ. I thought she was being quite careful with how she interacted with TJ, maybe she wanted to show her more feminine side, different to how her fans have seen her in APink.Or maybe she wanted to give him a good impression.

It is always interesting how these celebs change or show a different side when they are paired up, how do they function as part of a couple. And what kind of couple. One thing comes to mind is Solar as part of a pair with Eric. It seems to me that she mostly behaved as a separate entity, quite independent of her partner and probably unchanged by being part of a couple. I could be wrong, I skipped them more  as they went on.

The best couples were those that showed a different side of themselves or were able to adapt and adjust once they were part of an "US" instead of just "I", and able to compromise and  work together.. Which is what separates it from just a dating show. Because married means you have to work together for better or for worse. So I hope they don't change it too much if it ever comes back. They should just choose the right people who don't have such an overt agenda being on the show or at least have their personal agenda be secondary to the shows theme or focus.

Anyway back to BM, I kinda always saw that steely side which I liked from the beginning, she wasn't too girly, or too squeamish. She just got on with it. If anything she might have been too composed so when we saw glimpses of her getting a bit flustered or affected by TJ, it was telling and squee-worthy (Is that a word?) LOL! But yeah that steely side came out at their last episode when she said she'll send the kimchi as you've reminded us. LOL Poor TJ!

It was nice to see her turn to him for help so I agree it was a nice "TaeBom moment" , she knows she can depend on him. So her being careful to protect him is possible and sad. These crazy fans are incomprehensible to me and they seem to get no legal consequences. What crazy kinda messed up business they're in. That they have to sacrifice and go without certain experiences and joys in life bec some crazy ones impose their beliefs on how they should live is all kinds of messed up.

A big difference from western entertainment world as far as I know. At least here, you still have freedom to make your own life choices, right or wrong. It seems acknowledged more that what they do is not who they are and that their fans do not own them and they aren't answerable to them just bec they have supported the artists.

And you have your own! Wow! hope whoever it is just goes far far  away.

I miss WGM and esp miss talking abt it here.

• 2 weeks later...

missing WGM, this thread and the folks here....

sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

so @cdcotr ~ did you get a chance to see that hello counsellor episode? what did you think?

and is there anything interesting happening with any of the other WGM couples - do folks know?

Gong Myung and Hyesung were in a series of short ads....starting from the earlier Namyang drink (posted before) to the Gmarket ones about the water park and laptops. Not sure if that's all or more. It's just work...but still not bad to be able to work together so soon after WGM. 

Spoiler

Since WGM is on hiatus (I would like to believe it will air again sometime in the future) why not update ourselves of the current status of all the couples in terms of love life.

MAIN TOPIC 

WGM CORNER:  MARRIED OR IN RELATIONSHIP OR SINGLE

I would like to start this with the current news and this format

WGM 2009: GUNDAM COUPLE | Jun Jin (Shinwa) & Lee Si Young (Actress)

SHORT DESC:

JUN JIN:

Later he joined We Got Married in early 2009 with actress Lee Si-young as his "wife". The couple was dubbed "Gundam Couple" due to Lee Si-young's obsession with Gundam. They officially departed from the show on May 3, 2009 due to the restructuring of the show's format.

LE SI YOUNG: 

But Lee rose to mainstream popularity when she joined the cast of We Got Married, a reality show about fake married couples, and was paired with Jun Jin of the boy band Shinhwa. Called the "Gundam couple"[5] by fans for their mutual love of the anime, Lee and Jun Jin began dating off-screen, making them the first couple to officially have a real relationship outside the show.[6] However, after dating for 6 months, they broke up in September 2009.

credit| wikipedia

CURRENT STATUS: Jun Jin | SINGLE (no news or rumors of being in a relationship)

CURRENT STATUS: Lee Si Young

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/07/actress-lee-si-young-announces-pregnancy-wedding-in-september

CONCLUSION: Little to no hope of having this two being married in the future. =(

CASE CLOSED##

Archived