[variety] We Got Married 우리 결혼했어요

Guest jahye

@Cedric Ong agree, the Candy couple didn't really have much of a goodbye either.  Though it was still a little better and less abrupt than  Sleepy and GJ whose goodbye consisted of one statement from Sleepy acknowledging and thanking GJ for changing his life. Which  isn't really a farewell either but  more of a status update esp since they were finally on their honeymoon trip.-

No wonder Sleepy sounded a bit peeved accdg to what he said in an interview as per posted here...I wonder if they knew during their trip that WGM was ending bec GJ's postcard said she will continue to be a good wife, or something...

It did seem like the Candy couple might have known during that boat ride that  the show is ending...

I wonder when and how the couples were told that the show is being suspended...

I read an article abt the last episode and it said it contained unaired footage of the Island couple but I didn't notice any except for the last part, although I did skip bec it was the same stuff so I might have missed it...It seems like the whole Island couple run on WGM feels like an extended honeymoon trip, the whole thing seemed like a dream vacation. I wish we got to see them interact in a more "normal" setting to see if they interact differently. Or if they had longer to see if living on the island will begin to be tough on JDY.

The unsatisfying way they ended WGM doesn't bode well for a return. The celebs all had thought they would be on longer so scheduling one more episode for better closure was within reach. Did the management just not want to spend any more money? Are they such cheapskates and misers that they didn't want to at least send off a show that's been around almost a decade properly??? Or maybe they thought since few people are watching they figured it didn't matter anymore and just cut their losses?

But to me it does matter, it shows not only a lack of professionalism but also a lack of a sense of gratitude and sensibility.

LOL! I sound bitter =D

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cdcotr said:

I just finished watching the last 2 episodes and now I'm even more mad and sad that it's ended. And I feel more cheated bec it seemed like only Sleepy and /gj didn;t really have a proper farewell episode. The Candy couple felt like it was winding down and they had that conversation on that float/boat on the Han River where they kinda talked abt their run on WGM, similar to how other couples have ended their stints before. That was a nice romantic activity, better bec they were alone on that small float/boat. To those who followed this couple closer than I did, do you think they are going out for real?

The Island couple had a short bit like that when they took that last walk on the island, and they had a whole episode to recap their journey from day 1.  Which really wasn't necessary, people could just watch those again. So except for that last walk and the letters they gave each other, it seemed a wasted opportunity for WGM, an hour they could have had all 3 couple in the studio and spend an hour just talking abt their time on the show. Or at least given GJ and Sleepy some tme for closure. It was disappointing. I thought there would be new footage since they had time I think.

Esp since it really did seem like there was a breakthrough since that night in Japan. GJ's friends all said something must have happened LOL!. There definitely was a bit of a difference in both. Don't know if it's bec it was Sleepy's turn to plan the trip or bec they were in a foreign country and he seemed more familiar, or if soemthing really did happen ...but it seemed to me that she didn't have the usual walls in place, wasn't on the defense as usual and was content to let him lead. I'm really frustrated that they are ending it now and ending it just like that.

It was nice to hear how supportive Sleepy's dad was when she had those nasty comments abt her. It was also touching and nice of Sleepy to actually say it out loud that he knows and appreciates what she's done for him or all the good that's happened to him since they became husband and wife. or maybe even before that, since they met.

It's nice to know that someone who watched all couples segments also feel that Seulgook didn't have the proper farewell. As a fan of Sleepy and Gookju I was expecting more and got really dissapointed when their last episode just ended like that. It wasn't really meant to be their last episode, was it? It's sad really~ watching your favourite couple had a honeymoon that turned out to be a farawell trip. 

As for season 5 (if there's gonna be one) I don't think I'll watch on going episodes~I learn my lesson thank you very much MBC:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Jang do yeon  of the island couple during Baeksang arts awards early this month.

Jang-Do-Yeon.jpg

Some news written about her comical poses on that event's red carpet. But i think she looks great in that dress too. One of the rare cases where a funny lady can look sexy at same time.

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/jang-do-yeons-high-fashion-poses-are-going-viral-for-its-epic-creativity/

My computer broke down so I haven't been here, but it doesn't look like much to do about this show.

@Cedric Ong I always thought she was beautiful and she seems to handle most situations with humor. Kind of expected I guess. MinYong really grew on me and I think he would be an interesting person to hang around with. Same with DoYeon. But as with all WGM couples, they seem to have gone their separate ways. Still peek at to see if I'm wrong tho. :tongue:

18 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

it might be too soon but is there any news abt WGM coming back? i hope folks post some news on the WGM couples

Still no updates for that since the new show that was replaced on wgm has started last week. I hate the fact the mbc had canceled at least 3 variety shows. lol dont mind meh

• 3 weeks later...

Sidetrack abit...this isn't WGM or My Ear's Candy....but another celebrity match-making show...maybe just share here 1st :

“My Woman’s Mobile Phone” is a variety show where members choose their partner by looking at each others’ mobile phones. The show is KBS’ first date-matching variety show after the widely popular, early 2000s show “Free Speech Saturday Plan – The War Of Roses.” KBS’ source explained, “It’s basically a show where the members find their ideal type through the information on each others’ phones.”

The source also disclosed that the production team is open to casting a variety of members. They are contemplating about casting non-celebrities, celebrities, or a mix between the two.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/10/kbs-start-shooting-new-dating-match-variety-show-next-month/

quick note, I was on a drama site (kissasian) and this drama popped up - My Only Love Song, scrolling down tp see who is in it, was surprised to see it stars Lee Jong Hyun and 'gong Seung yeon (not sure of i spelled this right) but it is the Brown Eyed couple or GongLee couple. Produced by netflix I think and all episodes are uploaded with eng subs in one go. It would be interesting to see how the chemistry is...Wasn't really a fan of this couple on WGM mostly bec they were too sweet for me but it is nice to see a WGM couple work together after the show.

On a side note, hi @Lmangla! How's it going?:D

Think there are quite abit more collaboration btw former couples...esp in acting. eg LTE couple in Our Gab Soon. Some appear together in variety show esp when one is host eg CaoCao couple in an earlier Flower road show and Taemi couple in the upcoming ep of Hello Counsellor.

And the time they work together after WGM also got shorter. Eg Candy Couple...only around 2 mths..and they did a an ad together. Short ver clip.

International ones would be Mina attending Hongki's radio show not longer ago.

15 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Think there are quite abit more collaboration btw former couples...esp in acting. eg LTE couple in Our Gab Soon. Some appear together in variety show esp when one is host eg CaoCao couple in an earlier Flower road show and Taemi couple in the upcoming ep of Hello Counsellor.

And the time they work together after WGM also got shorter. Eg Candy Couple...only around 2 mths..and they did a an ad together. Short ver clip.

International ones would be Mina attending Hongki's radio show not longer ago.

yep. we've mentioned cao lu and se ho appearances here before.also the LTE couple.  a drama is more time together  so It just caught my interest and it's been a while since the Brown Eyed couple left WGM and I haven;t heard anything abt them interacting after they left. Not that I pay that close attention LOL...

didnt know candy couple did an ad, this was after WGM?

4 hours ago, cdcotr said:

yep. we've mentioned cao lu and se ho appearances here before.also the LTE couple.  a drama is more time together  so It just caught my interest and it's been a while since the Brown Eyed couple left WGM and I haven;t heard anything abt them interacting after they left. Not that I pay that close attention LOL...

didnt know candy couple did an ad, this was after WGM?

The candy couple ad is a surprise to me too...bcos no news b4 it. Should be after WGM bcos Gong Myung's grey hair is more recent.

Ya...a drama would be good bcos longer time filming together...best if acting as a couple in the drama.

For some others...just brief encounters. Of course if they meet or correspond privately, we would never know. But some arent afraid to show it...eg global WGM couple of Taecyeon and GuiGui during a show last yr...or Henry and Yewon also last yr,  accidental encounter and Henry posted pics which...sigh...were deleted after some negative feedback.

Not sure about others. I am sure for those idols or singers...they would see each other once a while during shows...but dont know if they dare to take selfie and upload.

@Cedric Ong wait,  what was that abt Gui gui and TAecyon??? didn't hear abt this...details pls =D  that season of Global WGm was what got me into WGM and Soompi...are there links of a vid??

if any of the couples work on a drama together and they had great chemistry on WGM, well, hope springs eternal that something might still develop LOL down the road...:wink:

48 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

@Cedric Ong wait,  what was that abt Gui gui and TAecyon??? didn't hear abt this...details pls =D  that season of Global WGm was what got me into WGM and Soompi...are there links of a vid??

It was just a brief meetup last yr's oct at the M countdown backstage. Guigui had ventured into kpop after signed up with CJ E&M. 

It was said Taecyeon went to her backstage room to show support. They took pics...also with other 2PM members. Think the Global WGM PD played a part...he was in the pics too.

gemma_taecyeon-1.jpg

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/taecyeons-ex-wife-makes-hot-debut-south-korea/

Of course we wont know if they correspond in private or not...but these few pics already made fans happy.

6 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

It was just a brief meetup last yr's oct at the M countdown backstage. Guigui had ventured into kpop after signed up with CJ E&M. 

It was said Taecyeon went to her backstage room to show support. They took pics...also with other 2PM members. Think the Global WGM PD played a part...he was in the pics too.

yea, it was interesting because it was the PD who first uploaded the pic on his account. then the global facebook page for WGM posted that pic as well..she uploaded pics the next day which included pics of meeting the rest of 2pm after the concert. maybe she was worried about how fans would react but she didn't post the hug photo that the PD posted and instead chose to post a more friend physical distance kind of pic. CJ E&M also chose that photo instead of the one posted by the PD and posted it on their company IG with hashtag that said "taecyeon's wife" as reference to WGM! kekekekke. ...JYP is usually protective of his artists but he seemed to have no issue with it..

sadly no video @cdcotr - guess the pictures itself was a bit of a test to see if the fans would react negatively.... but they were so cool about it instead which was rather neat... hottest fans didn't have any meltdowns and some even forwarded all the pics with green hearts (taec's colour in 2pm).  so basically everyone was all quite friendly and rather cool about the whole WGM association.....

Hello I'm just stopping by to let you know the Taebom couple will be on Hello Counselor June 19 if anyone is interested on watching the show. Here are some behind the scene footage which were posted on the Taebom official forum including the preview for this week's episode. It's good to see Bomi and Taejoon happily talking with each other.

53 minutes ago, luvforever said:

Hello I'm just stopping by to let you know the Taebom couple will be on Hello Counselor June 19 if anyone is interested on watching the show. Here are some behind the scene footage which were posted on the Taebom official forum including the preview for this week's episode. It's good to see Bomi and Taejoon happily talking with each other.

thanks for letting us know. based on the preview, fans must be excited no? they look cute in the preview. :)

so did anyone check out hello counselor? I saw the episode just for taeboom and the few bits were cute. so in the beginning, the MCs mention that they were both on WGM and ask if they had met up. no they didn't. did they miss each other? and she said that when fans put up cards that say taeboom, she is reminded of WGM. and he mentioned her octopus fry dish! hahaahhaha.. he must really love it! kekekek.. so the other MCs asked if he thinks of her every time he eats octopus stir fry! hahahah... and they looked quite comfortable sitting next to each other -- not at all awkward. the cutest was when she had to turn this thing on the remote and she wasn't sure and so naturally turned to him and he immediately showed her how to press this button -- her friend immediately commented that it wasn't WGM! hahahahah.. that interaction was naturally cute and showed how they had easily formed this kind of coupleish behaviour on the show and how easy it can be to fall back into that kind of feel. :D

Archived