Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest Ding Lin

I am posting the message again for JJM........  

There is an activity for JJM at FB for the Sweet White Day. If you have time, please click "like" to show your support to JJM!! (The number of likes is kind of low now).  THANK YOU!!!  
The question: Which of the following character does not have a loveline with Wang Yoo in Empress Ki? The answer is (2) ED. (If I am not mistaken 1) SN 2) ED 3) TN 4) BS 

You could answer: 2) 황태후//주진모 정말 멋있어요 

If your answer is correct, you may be awarded by candy from JJM !! :) 
The activity is due at 12:00 PM on March 14. 

https://www.facebook.com/fantagio/photos/a.202281216497615.53089.182506295141774/687735661285499/?type=1&theater

Guest ElinaG

I wanted to check it again, JJM and the female lead speaking Russian in Gabi...It is so funny, they both are not understandable :)) but JJM is worse :)) When he is speaking it totally sounds Korean, not Russian. I was able to hear only one word! But when Kim So Yeon spoke, I could get few more words, though they were not easy recognizable :)) the context helped :)
by the way, if some one wants to hear it too, JJM speaks on a 35th minute of the movie and KSY has russian speaking scene right after the prologue (about the 16th minute) and little bit later - on the 25th minute.

A china fan alerted me today that JJM's birthday publicised is the lunar birthday. Actual birthday is Sep 26, I checked the first page of this thread and it says the same. Its amazing, I never knew koreans still list their lunar birthdays, its so confusing. 
By the way Jang geun suk shares the same birthday as JJM. The publicised aug date is also a lunar birthday.

B-)

Guest Ding Lin

@Qwenli~~~
Yes, the information is correct :)! Despite his really birthday is Sep. 26, I read somewhere that JJM  usually celebrates his birthday on lunar calendar. A fan has figured out that his birthday this year is sometime around early Sep. (Something like Sep.6 -- I can not remember). 
In fact, the fans at Baidu has already started a special section for birthday wishes for him :)! They plan to collect all of the birthday wishes for him until Sep and send the wishes to him.  The section starts on Jan.1 each year. They are a group of very nice fans :):)!! 

qwenli said: A china fan alerted me today that JJM's birthday publicised is the lunar birthday. Actual birthday is Sep 26, I checked the first page of this thread and it says the same. Its amazing, I never knew koreans still list their lunar birthdays, its so confusing. 
By the way Jang geun suk shares the same birthday as JJM. The publicised aug date is also a lunar birthday.

B-)

So where did the August 24 birth date come from? I don't understand the change in dates... sorry about my ignorance...
So depending on the calendar you use is the birth date you get? So how can it change every year? A Taiwanese friend of mine once told me that in Taiwan, China and Korea, you count your age from the time you were conceived... is this true? And if so, how do you know the exact date?
Anyway, I guess  doesn't matter when but this is the year our beloved turns 40! Men in their 40s are the handsomest, so expect JJM turning better and better in this decade...looking forward to it... 8->

Oh my  ^:)^

I didn't know I could find a lot of his videos in dailymotion until today

Remember the clip where he sang Buyl (the OST for 20 pounds beauty)?

I found the full cut of him in that music program (he didn't just sing Buyl :x ) That user also posted a number of his shows ^_^

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzd8fc_%E4%B8%AD%E5%AD%97-070918-%E6%9D%8E%E8%BF%AA%E7%9A%84%E9%9F%B3%E6%A8%82%E7%A9%BA%E9%96%93-%E6%9C%B1%E9%8E%AE%E6%A8%A1cut_shortfilms?search_algo=2   (Music Space.E35.KOR.070918 )

P/S: I am officially dead for a while after hearing him sang 3 songs. None are perfect but so passionate ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)

Guest ElinaG

stclaus said: So where did the August 24 birth date come from? I don't understand the change in dates... sorry about my ignorance...
So depending on the calendar you use is the birth date you get? So how can it change every year? A Taiwanese friend of mine once told me that in Taiwan, China and Korea, you count your age from the time you were conceived... is this true? And if so, how do you know the exact date?

Guest Ding Lin

@stclaus~~
I actually do not know how to count my age any more! LOL I guess the majority of my friends are counting their age by the western way.  However, your friend is correct. Traditionally, kids were counted as one year old when they were born. 
In the modern Asian countries, we are using both calendars. In our daily lives, we follow the western calendar like the rest of the world.  However, we follow a lunar calendar for certain traditional holidays (such as Chinese new year, mid-autumn festival...etc.).  In the lunar calendar, there are either 29 or 30 days per month.  As a result, the dates of these two systems do not synchronize. There are  "leap" months in some years to make up the shorter months in the lunar calendar.  There are like 7 leap months per 19 years.  I think the same lunar calendar is used in China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan. 
In some families, people do celebrate their birthday by the lunar calendar.  If that is the case,  their birthday in the western calendar will vary annually. I hope my description makes sense to you! It must be pretty confusing (hey! It is confusing for me, sometimes!!!).  

@Ding.Lin. @ElinaG Thank you for your insights... so I guess that's all the confusion with the birth dates... So I guess we should celebrate our beloved birthday twice this year!  *-:)
Double the wishes, double the good vibes, double the happiness for him  ;)
I guess I'll stick to the Western Calendar, otherwise I would be a year older and getting more and more ahjumma looking  :((

Guest Ding Lin

@vu_hoa1983~~
Thank you for sharing!!! I just love listening to JJM's singing!!! His voice is great.  As you said, it may not be perfect, but it is full of passion.
After learning one of songs called "Buyl", the song got special! I felt like it was WY's song for his son!! :) 

Guest lorac

ElinaG, I'm using your lovely artwork, the one you currently using for your icon, for my iPod Touch lock screen. I cropped it down a bit to fit. I showed it to a friend and she loved it. She wants me to print it out so she can colorize it. Would you mind?

Guest lorac

My latest JmeJin Mo artwork...I do prefer his quirky poses.  I never seem to be able to post images here' so here is a link.
Ju Jin Mo

Guest ElinaG

lorac said: ElinaG, I'm using your lovely artwork, the one you currently using for your icon, for my iPod Touch lock screen. I cropped it down a bit to fit. I showed it to a friend and she loved it. She wants me to print it out so she can colorize it. Would you mind?

Guest Ding Lin

WOW!!  There are so many talented artists among us :)!  
I enjoy all of your artwork of JJM! 
I wonder if anyone has watched "Real Fiction" and "Puzzle". Do you like them?  How about the boxoffice?  I am continue to collect the boxoffice information of JJM's movies.  The data of his early movies are lacking.  I wonder if anyone knows about it.  Thanks :)

Guest lorac

ElinaG said: ... You can print full version with my signature in bottom left corner is included. But I don't know how can you colorize it :-/ It is colored already :( Instead, I can suggest you to use for coloring uncompleted version from my deviantart page

Guest ElinaG

@Ding LinI have seen both movies. This is not kind of movies you really like. Real Fiction is weird as all works of Kim Ki Duk but it is weird it's own style. Puzzle reminds Tarantino's Reservoir dogs in a plot but it is different story. As a movie it is not perfect. There are things I didn't understand, the story jumps too much... But it is OK movie. not the best but not the worst too.
@loracIt is the same file uploaded. Don't know why it looks different :-/ thank you for understanding about credits.The technique of my drawings is called doodling or Zentangle. It is hard to say where is the difference between. It takes hours of coarse to draw but that is part of the fun :) More or less they are not planned. I don't use pencil for preliminary planning. Only for portraits I used pencil to make sure it looks alike.

Guest meelis

@ElinaG, @lorac, love your art! Thank you for sharing your works with us. >:D<
@Ding Lin, I liked both Real fiction and Puzzle, maybe because I think JJM is one of those (rare) actors who make even the worst movie worth watching.
Besides that, Real fiction is one of Kim Ki Duk's movies that I find watchable, as some of his earlier works. Now I think he's slowly falling into misanthropy and I just can't bare with his new movies. :-q
As @ElinaG mentionned, Puzzle's style is reminiscent of Reservoir dogs or, if you wish, Usual suspects. If you're into this type of thrillers, you'll like it.  Plus, Jin Mo is super cool there with his eternal cigarette, the black suit and that hairstyle. :x