Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest Ding Lin

Thank you for the recommendation! I will try Punch :)!  

As for JJM's not-over-acting, I remembered in one of his interviews.  He emphasized this aspect of his acting. I guess it may be something to do with him being  a movie star mainly.  His acting is designed for the big screen. Maybe, that is why some people thought his acting was too subtle (although it is perfect for me - I do not like "overacting" either).   ElinaG said: @Ding Lin You should see Punch. in this drama he introduces different character (not introvert). He is very lovely there. But the best closes (speaking about suits...) he has in Queen of the game..You are right about Empress Ki, we see amazing transformation of Wang Yoo's personality, without overacting. All thanks to Joo Jin Mo

Ding Lin said:
Thank you for the recommendation! I will try Punch :)!  

As for JJM's not-over-acting, I remembered in one of his interviews.  He emphasized this aspect of his acting. I guess it may be something to do with him being  a movie star mainly.  His acting is designed for the big screen. Maybe, that is why some people thought his acting was too subtle (although it is perfect for me - I do not like "overacting" either).   ElinaG said: @Ding Lin You should see Punch. in this drama he introduces different character (not introvert). He is very lovely there. But the best closes (speaking about suits...) he has in Queen of the game..You are right about Empress Ki, we see amazing transformation of Wang Yoo's personality, without overacting. All thanks to Joo Jin Mo

OK, so Joo Jin Mo should sign up a movie contract where the filming happens here in Western Canada... only then I can be part of the fun... I would loooove to see him in action, mastering his craft... a girl can only dream...  8->

Ding Lin said: I actually did not watch all episodes of Fashion 70s. It just takes too much time.  I found a text summary of each episode and started with Episode 5 (I skipped the kid parts). Then, I skipped a few sections here and there until the last episode.   I guess I lost the sense of wonder in watching the drama, but did finish the whole series :)
Up to date, I have skimmed through all TV dramas of JJM since 2005: Fashion 70s, Queen of the Game, Dream (a few episodes) and Empress Ki.  I have to say that I love JJM in all of them! :)  His performance has been excellent and I can see how his acting matured over time. :) 
In the way, the four characters he played in the dramas share similar personality. They are all somewhat introvert/calm outside, but have a passionate heart.   At the mean time, the four characters are unique in a very interesting way.  Among the four drams, I like Queen of the game the best.  However, when it comes to JJM's acting, JJM reached his peak as King Wang Yoo in Empress Ki!! :)  
I like JJM's character in Dream, too.  The drama itself is not that exciting, but I am impressed by JJM's character :)!  There is special "mature charm" with him.  There is easiness and confidence which was not present in his earlier work.  And.... if you like to see a handsome JJM in suits, please check this drama!!  :\"> :\">

Yeah, I also loved Fashion 70s... our beloved Jin Mo must have felt a bit nostalgic, playing an adult of an era where he was growing up... at least I did, no cell phones, the fashion, the politics... Love the 70s, and Jin Mo just looks majestic with his Ray Ban sunglasses... the epic scene where he steps down the helicopter... to die for...
I also enjoyed the OST very much, is part of my collection of favourite OSTs...

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Tues, 03.04.14]

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dramas

1. MBC Empress Ki 26.2 →28.3

2. SBS God’s Gift – 14 Days 6.9 →7.7

3. KBS The Full Sun 3.3 →3.6

Variety

1. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 7.3

2. SBS My Heart Beats 4.4

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: SBS. / enewsworld

Guest ElinaG

Hello everyone! Just finished this week episodes of Empress Ki (34-35). Very interesting drama, keeps high rank. I'm happy JJM is big part of such a good project, good for resume :)) As I already said, I don't care if SN will not be with WY. BUT! It was very disappointing they shawed kissing scene with TH much more passionate than with WY :(( Why? Was she so shy 15 eps before so she couldn't hug WY and now as experienced woman she is free to show passion? :( It is probably not because she likes TH more :-/ Or... was it because she tried hard to fake it? :-wNever mind... Just thinking out loud...
Joo Jin Mo was so awesome in these episodes that I made some print screens (ep34). So add them to these anjshin posted before. By the way, I love his general's outfit!

35406b82638ad47e63a79a8c3f85ccfd.jpg

eb732a6292d5e70bce90431a114842df.jpg

47e9d7440467b3381e28d0e14a9630d9.jpg

30fb8ed04ba15a2791f2f930db5f3988.jpg

Guest meelis

Thank you, @sarah.lina! HE is so immersed in his WY protrayal and I AM so immersed in his WY portrayal, that I almost forgot about who JJM is.  :x He's on top of my list of favorite actors, not only Korean, but as a whole (and I can tell that I'm a great cinema fan, trying to watch at least the best movies from all over the world).

Guest Ding Lin

@sarah.lina~~~
Thank you for sharing!  The photos are so fun :)!
JJM always looks relaxed and comfortable with his best friends :)
Yeah!!!  JJM is coming to my living room NEXT MONDAY!!!!! :))  "Flower in fog" starts next Monday (8:00 PM, Monday to Friday)!!!!  Yeah!!! (Hmmm, maybe, I should get a larger screen!!!  :-?)  
PS: How can I download those animation graphs (gif)?  I tried.  It turned out to be like 20+ jpg files.  @-)