Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 Korean Actors Who Can Perfectly Pull Off Both Warm And Cold Roles [+VOTE]

Check out these five amazing Korean actors & actresses who could make us swoon and send chills down our spines! Who's your favorite?

most-versatile-korean-actors-cover.png

One of the most important qualities of a top actor is versatility. The ability to transform yourself into myriad characters - the more, the merrier, is what sets them apart. Fortunately, the Korean entertainment industry is full of such talented acting geniuses who have proved their mettle and range through different types of works in diverse genres.

Here are 5 Korean actors (including both male and female) who we think can perfectly pull off both a warm, endearing image as well as a cold, indifferent image with ease!

Note: This list is not ranked, but we're opening a poll at the end of the article where you can vote for your favorite!

The vote will not be closed, so no result article will be published.

Lee MinHo

What valid list about versatile actors doesn't begin with Lee MinHo? Certainly not ours. The epitome of talent, hard work, and sincerity, Lee MinHo is a representative Hallyu top star for a reason. This global icon has singlehandedly given us the dreamiest lover boys on the one hand, striking fighters on the other, and in a league of its own is his performance as Koh HanSu in "Pachinko". At this point, Lee MinHo is the definition of versatility.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-korean-actors-who-can-perfectly-pull-off-both-warm-and-cold-roles-vote/

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 3/1/2023 at 4:23 PM, merci0125 said:

thank you very much @willenette, i still have to study it well hehe (how to attach) . By the way,  Minho might visit the Philippines this year. He's the new ambassador of SMDC . A real estate company owned by the richest family in the country. 

@merci0125  this might happen - He has been in the country a number of times because of his endorsement deals.  

:wut:

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 10:33 PM, syntyche said:

Wilbroslive twt update 

Say 'Hello' to the Newest Good Guy, LEE MIN HO! Watch out for SMDC's latest campaign "Step Into Luxury" featuring the Korean superstar! 

#LeeMinHoForSMDC

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. With this endorsement deal, Filipinos will get to see Lee MinHo on SMDC's advertisements.   :sweet:

• Like 3

@CarolynH Your BTS above,  I wonder if it is from Season 1.  I doubt he will be dressed as young Hansu for the new season.  The film crew are wearing masks, and I doubt they wear masks in Canada any longer.  The scenes all seem as though they are from Season 1.  Just saying, I could be wrong. 

Too bad we aren't allowed to quote twitter posts so I am not sure how to quote your post above.  Grrr!:rage:

On 3/1/2023 at 10:57 PM, willenette said:

and imposed a fine of hundreds of millions of won (hundreds of millions of dollars).

There must be an error, the fine cannot be hundreds of millions of DOLLARS.  I doubt he even has hundreds of millions of dollars.  That is a huge amount of money :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

@CarolynH Your BTS above,  I wonder if it is from Season 1.  I doubt he will be dressed as young Hansu for the new season.  The film crew are wearing masks, and I doubt they wear masks in Canada any longer.  The scenes all seem as though they are from Season 1.  Just saying, I could be wrong. 

@CallieP We don't have to wear masks here anymore in all places some place still ask you to. it is now up to people now if we do or not  * I am still, I also have to be careful*  Lot of people still choose to still wear them. I am not sure if there is rules for film crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to Minho and the cast of Pachinko for winning the award for  Best Ensemble cast in a new scripted series at the Independent Spirit Award.

Their thank you from the whole cast is lovely to watch. 

Not sure if this was already mentioned but his co-star in Ask the Stars has told a magazine that it won’t be broadcast until next year. How disappointing is that. Those of us who  have  Apple TV have seen him in Pachinko of course last year but for the fans who don’t have Apple that means a long wait since TKEM 

Still he is always worth waiting for!

• Like 7

23 hours ago, CallieP said:

Too bad we aren't allowed to quote twitter posts so I am not sure how to quote your post above.  Grrr!:rage:

There must be an error, the fine cannot be hundreds of millions of DOLLARS.  I doubt he even has hundreds of millions of dollars.  That is a huge amount of money :lol:

There's discussion, on Twitter, whether the photo of LMH wearing the beige suit is from season 1.  No one seems to remember that suit.  It could be from a deleted scene. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 12:24 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Congratulations to Minho and the cast of Pachinko for winning the award for  Best Ensemble cast in a new scripted series at the Independent Spirit Award.

Their thank you from the whole cast is lovely to watch. 

Not sure if this was already mentioned but his co-star in Ask the Stars has told a magazine that it won’t be broadcast until next year. How disappointing is that. Those of us who  have  Apple TV have seen him in Pachinko of course last year but for the fans who don’t have Apple that means a long wait since TKEM 

Still he is always worth waiting for!

@Lindyloo421  yes, congratulations to the "Pachinko" cast especially to LMH to have received the award for Best Ensemble cast in a new scripted series from the 2023 Film Independent Spirit Awards. It's indeed lovely to watch the team received the award during the annual ceremony held in Santa Monica, California, on Saturday (U.S. time). In a prerecorded acceptance speech, Lee Min Ho said he and other cast members have been filming the second season in Canada.   :kisslevel:

AEN20230306006600315_01_i_P4.jpg

• Like 3

“Pachinko” won Best Ensemble Cast at Independent Spirit Awards, Lee Min Ho said to look forward to Season 2

As Apple TV+’s series “Pachinko” won “Best Ensemble Cast in a New Scripted Series” at “Independent Spirit Awards”, actor Lee Min Ho expressed his feelings.

At the 38th Independent Spirit Awards held in Santa Monica, California, USA on March 4th (local time), Apple TV+’s original drama “Pachinko” received the “Best Ensemble Cast in a New Scripted Series” award.

Lee Min Ho, who is currently filming Season 2 of “Pachinko” in Toronto, Canada, expressed his feelings through video with cast members such as Youn Yuh Jung, Kim Min Ha and Jin Ha. In addition, actor Noh Sang Hyun attended the awards ceremony in person.

Lee Min Ho said, “We sincerely thank the Independent Spirit Awards for giving us such a meaningful award. We are filming Season 2 diligently in Canada. Please look forward to Season 2 as well. It’s an honor to win this award. We would like to thank those who supported us.”

“Pachinko” is a story that depicts a forbidden love, as well as an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love and parting, victory and judgment, which is set in Korea, Japan and the United States.

In “Pachinko”, Lee Min Ho assumed the role of Hansu, a charming character who would shake the life of Sunja (played by Kim Min-ha) in her youth. Here, Lee Min Ho showed off an unconventional acting transformation by delicately portraying Hansu’s irresistible and fatal charm, as well as his complex inner conflict between ambition and love. As a result, this portrayal was praised as “Lee Min Ho’s rediscovery”, and earned the actor the “Best Drama Actor” award and “Breakthrough Performance of the Year” award at the 2022 Gold Derby Awards.

Like this, Lee Min Ho, who showed a big success in “Pachinko” season 1, recently finished filming the drama “Ask the Stars” and started filming “Pachinko” season 2 in Canada.

“Pachinko” also won “Best Ensemble Cast” at the Independent Spirit Awards, an awards ceremony hosted by the non-profit organization Film Independent. Previously, at the Film Independent Spirit Awards, Lee Jung Jae of “Squid Game” won the Best Actor Award, Youn Yuh Jeong of “Minari” won the Best Supporting Actress Award, and “Parasite” won the International Feature Film Award.

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230306n16187?mid=n1008

• Like 8

*** The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism released the result of the 2023 Survey on Hallyu Wave Abroad (taken in 2022) TODAY, March 10th. Starting with this survey, the target countries were expanded from 8,500 people in 18 countries to 25,000 people in 26 countries. First, the result of the question “What first image comes to mind when you think of Korea?” was as follows: K-pop (14.3%), K-food (13.2%), Hallyu Stars (7.4%), K-dramas (6.6%). K-pop took the top spot for six consecutive years. Lee Min Ho was named the “Favorite Hallyu Star” in 22 countries, including China, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Australia, America, Canada, Mexico, the UK, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Saudi Arabia.   :heart2beat:

hallyu.png

source : https://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=549157

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

5 Reasons Why Lee Min Ho is the Certified ‘Good Guy’

So when SMDC made a search for its new brand ambassador, the embodiment of “Good Guy” values was a crucial criterion, and Hallyu sensation Lee Min Ho was the perfect pick.

For leading property developer, SM Development Corporation (SMDC), the motto ‘Home of the Good Guys’ is an ethos that reflects its core values and principles. So when SMDC made a search for its new brand ambassador, the embodiment of “Good Guy” values was a crucial criterion, and Hallyu sensation Lee Min Ho was the perfect pick.

spacer.png

A philanthropist who set up a donation platform to champion the causes closest to his heart

In 2014, Lee Min Ho founded PROMIZ, a donation platform centered on his core advocacies – children, animals, and the environment. Purchasing products through this platform allows individuals to donate to various charitable causes and organizations, such as disaster relief efforts, children’s welfare, and environmental conservation.

Through PROMIZ, the actor aims to encourage people in making a positive impact on the world, inspire others to take action, and make a difference in their communities. PROMIZ has received widespread recognition for its impact.

Family is at the center of his life

Lee Min Ho is known to speak lovingly about his family. Asked what he likes to do for a good time, he answered, “I spend quality time with my dear family, friends, and loved ones whenever I want to have a good time.”

He hangs out with friends and staff. His values, known for taking good care of the people around him, reflect the education and personality he received while growing up, which keeps him grounded and focused on what truly matters in life.

Humble and passionate about his work

Lee Min Ho has been a prominent figure in the entertainment industry for many years, having starred in many drama and movie projects. Even with all that fame and success, he is praised for his work ethic, professionalism, and consideration towards others by his co-stars and production staff.

Lee Min Ho is known for his humility, and for being hard-working. Even in his worldwide stardom, he is grounded and focused on his craft, ever striving to improve his performance and create a positive atmosphere on set.

A beacon of hope and motivation

Acting was not always Lee Min Ho’s calling. During his elementary school years, he had a passion for soccer, and has dreamed of becoming a professional player. However, when he suffered a bad injury, he had to give up his athletic pursuits.

This setback led him to explore acting during his second year in high school, which was uncovered to be his true calling. He worked hard to hone his craft, and has, since, become one of the most popular and respected actors in the industry.

Values the unwavering support of his fans

Lee Min Ho has often said that his fans are a source of motivation and inspiration for him, and that he is grateful for their support and love. He has said that his fans’ unwavering support has been a driving force in his caree,r and that he will continue to work hard to repay their love and loyalty.

In one fan meeting, he said, “I am always thinking about how I can pay back the love I receive from my fans. I am who I am today because of my fans.” He has also spoken about how much he enjoys interacting with his fans and making them happy.

https://www.lionheartv.net/2023/03/5-reasons-why-lee-min-ho-is-the-certified-good-guy/

• Like 4

*** The Global Hallyu Trends survey was conducted this year (2023) by the Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange (KOFICE), and the results have just been published. The survey aims to uncover how Korean cultural content is perceived around the world. It included 25,000 men and women between the ages of 15 and 59 from 26 different countries. Among other things, the participants were asked to vote on who is their current favorite Korean actor. The survey reported that the five following actors were voted as the most popular around the world.  :Ohboy3:

1. Lee Min Ho

-Advertisement-

LMH led the top 5 most popular Korean actors with 9.1% of the votes from all around the world.

QtqVgZvG4oK4cuJDOpBGxOp-G3ML54gifa-oi55J

Source: KOFICE

• Like 8