Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

faith20-00514.jpg

Spoiler

Episode 20

https://www.dramabeans.com/2012/10/faith-episode-20/

https://joonni.com/2012/10/16/recap-faith-episode-20/comment-page-2/

Check Dramabeans and Jooni's recaps

This episode concentrates on the king's dealing with the kidnapping of his beloved wife.

So ES reads a letter from herself in the future telling her to return to the palace with CY even though it might be her last day. She tries to convince CY to return to the palace. They do finally but not after CY does some investigations and vanquish a few of the reward hunters who are after them. When they return to the Suribang hideout, CY realizes that ES was right, the queen was kidnapped and King's uncle is probably the perpertrator. ES says she knows how to deal with him and persuades CY to let her speak to him.

In the meantime, the king is distraught with the loss of his wife. He said it was his punishment when he ignored CY's pleas to help ES. He now understands how CY feels when ES was in danger. Good for you king, you still know how to feel shame. The desperate king. Lady Choi shows him the letter she found from the Yuan Envoy supposededly. The king orders the envoy to be brought to him. The envoy denies writing the letter. When he gets back he asks the king's uncle who denies doing anything. He warns the king's uncle about anything happening to the queen. The distraught king then summon's his uncle and offers to negotiate for his queen. Even giving up his throne. The uncle denies any knowledge and said that there was probably no reason to make a deal. The devastated king believes that his uncle will kill his queen.

CY meets the king stating he is not back to serve the king but to help at the request of someone (meaning ES). He asks the king what was the conversation between the king and his uncle and he asks the king to order him to find the queen. CY looked with horror at the king beaten down with grief and worry. CY asks if the king was giving up. He could not help if it was the case. With CY back, the king gets a grip on himself. He meets the envoy the next day, gives him back the Son-in-Law royal stamp and brings ES. Stating as a king he created the rumors and pretended that ES was from heaven. It was the king himself so ES should not be executed.

ES visits the king's uncle and tricks him into thinking that she has something written from the future that tells her where the queen is. The uncle falls for it and sends his henchman to finish of the queen. CY and the suribang follows him and saves the queen.

The king rushes to her side, to be told that the queen is weak but okay. However, due to some strong sleeping medication in her water, she had a miscarriage and lost the baby. The sad scene between the king and queen's reunion and sadness at the loss of their baby was beautiful and sad. Awesome scene.Great acting!

An interesting scene between another general Ahn Jae, and CY. He asks CY, if his missing in action the last few days was because of ES or if his sword is heavy. He explained that CY's teacher talked about a heavy sword before he died the next day. That led CY to look at his sword and think hard. There were hints previously of CY forgetting or losing his sword which is like a part of himself. It is also the start of future problems for CY as a warrior.

Now that that the queen is safe, CY sees ES and gives her two options , for them to leave again or to kill all their enemies, the envoy, king's uncle and prince of court. ES says she prefers the third way but she has to get permission first.

CY goes to his quarters and is told that the new recruit is waiting to see him. Somewhat irritated with his men, he goes in and sees ES in uniform and with a sword in her hand. He stares at her while she explains her idea and that the king gave her permission to be a soldier, where she will stay with CY so that he can protect her. the safest place. CY opens the door to chase away the curious evesdroppers, shuts the door and walks towards ES, saying here with me and his pushes his face close to hers and almost kissing. He breaks into a small enigmatic smile. What is in his mind now? Naughty, naughty and very heavy sexual tension in the air. Are they going to kiss? And there it ends till next week....:D

• Like 6

cr:  as tagged.

Happy holidays everyone! 

cr for photo below:  as tagged

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 20

Thanks @CallieP  for the recap!

I also liked the beginning of the episode with future ES telling present ES to stay with him even it is her last day.  Although I like the romance between the King and the Queen, I could have done without the abduction of the Queen.  That being said, i do appreciate the acting of Ryu Deok Hwan.  I love the scene between CY and the King.  It's so clear that the King needs CY both as a woodalchi and a friend.  I'm getting tired of Deok Heung.  It's time to get rid of him.  Wah, I love CY holding ES's hand when the King finds out the Queen miscarried.  And more touching scenes with the King comforting the Queen.  These relationships are the strength of the drama and I assume why so many minoz love Faith.  I think it's cute that ES dressed as a Woodalchi.  And lol, the Woodalchi trying to eavesdrop.  

Thanks to @1ouise and @latifah, I'm now focusing on how often LMH/CY says "mwo" although I thought it was pronounced "bwo".

@tshering12:  I believe it's 124 days left.

• Like 6

i3laBIi.gif

Spoiler

R6fMZVK.gif

Gongnim has evolved into a king who values love over his country. He is panic-stricken when he learns that Noguk is missing. He loses it, which is exactly what Deok Heung wants to happen. Poor king needs his captain at this trying time. He is the only one who could talk some sense into him and shake him out of his misery. Such a moving scene when Choi Young picks him up the floor and kneels before him instead. 

5SZ9lIW.gif

Another moving scene is when Gongnim finally sees Noguk and comforts her. And he's back to being a king protecting and standing up for his country. This episode truly showcased the acting prowess of the actor playing Gongnim.

e1wj4By.gif

5oY5AI4.gif

I like that Choi Young listens to Eun Soo, and actually believes her when she says they need to go back. When they learned of Noguk's miscarriage, him holding her hand discreetly behind his back - isn't that the sweetest gesture? :wub:

ITomL8h.gif

Quite a revelation with Choi Young's talk with the leader of the royal guards. This puts a new perspective  on the death of the Jeokwoldae leader. That it didn't just happen; he actually saw it coming - or wanted it to happen. All those killings took a toll on Choi Young's old master. And now he might be going through the same thing, too.

2wN8MO5.gif

Ahhh...one of my most favorite scenes in Faith -- the staying-in-the-same-room-as-the-Woodalchi-General scene. Haha. I've seen this video clip before and I'd play it over and over. I just can't get enough of the sweetness and the tension between these two! It's just adorable watching them together, finally getting past that awkward stage and now blessing us with all these sweet scenes. 

TztQtlb.gif

• Like 5

I literally can't wait for his return.  only 4 months left and m already excited. I wonder what kinda project will he choose. Hopefully he will do a drama. Which i think he will as to mark his return. I also want to see him in a drama with shk. 

And i was looking through lmh post on other sites like a stalker...lol...  it really made me so upset as there was so many hate comments on him.  

But no matter what i love him. ❤

• Like 2

1fYTLsx.gif

Spoiler

Faith Episode 21

8LyHCsf.gif

Eun Soo proposes to be a Woodalchi and stay in their headquarters, the safest place where she can hide. Choi Young figures out that she is worried about him, thus her actions. He lays out the plan of getting an antidote for her, then him asking her to stay with him.

YdtRtkY.gif

Choi Young is summoned by King Gongnim. Choi Young wants to take out Deuk Heung, as he kidnapped Noguk and he needs the antidote for Eun Soo. Gongnim says they’ll do it officially.

Back at the Woodalchi headquarters, he pulls aside Eun Soo from the ongoing training session. He scolds her for being outside of the yard when she should be hiding inside. She asks for his permission to get some supplies from the palace infirmary. He allows her, but with Woodalchis to guard her. She repeatedly answers “Yes, Captain.” He must like how she says it, so he asks her to say it again, as he pulls in closer. Choong Seok interrupts them.

lUArljz.gif

Hwasuin and Eum Ja go on a killing spree at the palace infirmary. Deoki escapes it, runs and grabs Eun Soo back to the infirmary. The Woodalchi secures the place, then breaks the news to Eun Soo that Jang Bin has died. They hand her the small pot the doctor was seen hiding in his grasp.  

Ki Chul and Deuk Heung are back to the same camp, and Deuk Heung is sent to run away and hide. Choi Young then storms into Ki Chul’s house in search for Deuk Heung. He orders the Woodalchi to catch the carriage seen leaving the place. Not long enough, they capture Deuk Heung.

co0y1WO.gif

Choi Young reports to Gongnim, who sets the interrogation the next day. Gongnim then tells Choi Young of Jang Bin’s death. He is concerned about Eun Soo, whose only friend is the fallen doctor. On his way out, Choi Young receives yet another news - the Suribang got attacked by Ki Chul’s camp.

GFHsMVv.gif

He arrives at his quarters, where he sees Eun Soo badly affected by Jang Bin’s death. He listens to her as she blames herself for the doctor’s death. He tucks her into bed, then sits down and tells her about the story of his first kill.

Yax313S.gif

She wakes up, and sees him preparing for his day. She wills him to look at her at the count of three, and he does, twice.

IAC9BW5.gif

He heads down the prison and sees Deuk Heung for his interrogation. Just then, Sohn Yoo, the Yuan envoy, stops them, saying that Yuan has the power over Deuk Heung, not Goryeo. Choi Young then asks him about the reason for the order of Eun Soo’s death. The envoy insists he tell her himself.

ffuPuBz.gif

Choi Young reports to the king, and suggests a pre-emptive attack on their enemies. However, Gongnim chooses to consult his councilmen first. Meanwhile, he orders the arrest of Ki Chul’s men for the killing of Jang Bin. As Choi Young heads out, he suddenly drops his sword. They are startled.

ETlL4Z8.gif

Eun Soo checks up on Noguk, who starts to question her about heaven’s knowledge. Eun Soo is spared from answering, as Lady Choi steps in and hands her a letter. It is from the envoy, who will be waiting for her. She looks shocked as she opens the letter. She then heads over to see him. She slaps down the letter, which spells her name. He tells her he copied it from his great-great-grandfather’s journal. In it is a story about a doctor from heaven, who once cured a kid who grew up to be a leader of a band of robbers who killed off everyone in his village. So his great-great-grandfather left a will – if he comes across a doctor from heaven, he is to kill her immediately. The envoy continues to tell her to not touch anything in this world. She insists, however, to live her life to the fullest, in the world where she lives now.

Meanwhile, while searching for Eun Soo’s whereabouts, Hwasuin and Eum Ja are lured into a house by one of the Suribangs. It’s a trap, and as Eum Ja knocks down one of the doors and steps put, they find themselves surrounded by Woodalchis. Choi Young appears and confronts them about the infirmary ambush and Jang Bin’s killing. Hwasuin can’t use her fire against them, as they both are surrounded by flammable liquid, so Eum Ja attempts to use his flute. Choi Young swiftly shoots an arrow to knock it aside, then shoots on Hwasuin’s sleeves to pin her against the wall. He then holds them at swordpoint and orders for their arrest, but suddenly, his arm starts to shake. He quickly lowers his sword and drenches Hwasuin with flammable liquid instead. He walks away, massaging his hand.

3IhygWM.gif

Coming from the Suribang ajumma to get some medicines, he arrives at the Woodalchi headquarters and sees the Woodalchi gathered around Eun Soo and the tea she prepared for them. She offers him some, he obliges, then lets out a smile.

XaLhdz0.gif

That night, she tells Choi Young to sleep on the bed, as she works on her antidote research. He asks her about it. As she talks, and unties her hair, he watches her intently. He hands her a comb, but drops it on the floor, twice. This alarms her, so she intertwines her hand on his and instructs him to pull. She finds his hand fine, and he dismisses it as due to lack of sleep.

qCy3o8V.gif

He lies down, but as she walks away, he pulls her down next to him. She lies down, then he holds out his hand for her to take.

9WDuLWH.gif

Gongnim receives a request for his presence during Deuk Heung’s investigation at his government office. Choi Young warns him against going there, and true enough, as Ki Chul and Deuk Heung are setting up a plot against the king. King Gongnim’s camp plans out their move anyway.

Eun Soo helps Choi Young prepare his gear. He explains that fewer Woodalchis would be left behind to guard the headquarters. They then take a pause, as she rests her head on his back.

84JhgFF.gif

The king’s entourage prepares to leave, while the Woodalchi get into position. Just then, a hat-wearing assassin manages to slip into the headquarters, and scares Eun Soo.    

Comments:

Seeing a woman inside the Woodalchi headquarters must be a breath of fresh air for the warriors. She’s bringing in a different touch, teaching them to do those high fives and making them some tea. She brings life to that place, especially to Choi Young, who lets out a smile to her amidst his men. And the Woodalchi feeling giddy about their captain’s love life is hilarious.  

Finally, Choi Young asks Eun Soo to stay, or at least plans to ask her that question. I was thinking, why wait, when she could have answered ‘yes’ already. Haha.

So many favorite scenes in this episode, like Choi Young holding her hands and laying out his plans, him making her say “Yes, Captain” again, her willing him to look at her on count of three, and intertwining of hands in bed.

I like watching them living like just any other married couple - helping him prepare for work, talk about their plans for the day, talk about how their day went, and tucking to bed. He was cute when he was caught gazing at her as she unties her hair.  

Oh no, that hand! For a warrior like him, that poses a huge problem. And to make matters worse, firelady saw it. Yikes!

Behind the Scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWjvKGUCUs

• Like 5

3CcHAR.gif&key=b72a55940034866a7b5cf909b

Spoiler

@syntycheThanks for the review.

Faith episode 21, so after ES is in his room as a Wooldalchi, CY has the courage now to ask her if she is cured, will she stay with him if he asks. She nods. Love this scene, CY's earnestness and he is so serious as he finally has hope that she will be with him forever and not just for 10 days. He gets aroused to hear ES say" Yes Daejang" and gets her to repeat and is about to kiss her,  and then interruption  :lol:'

CY is now dropping his sword and his hand shakes in battle. ES is so worried when she shes that he is dropping things like the comb. CY gets aroused when he sees ES with messy and sexy hair. :lol:. She makes him lie on the bed and he pulls her to sleep next to him, ah ha, the imja couple is truly a pair now. He holds her hand and they sleep together in the same bed, getting racy now. CY is getting more romantic, now that his imja may spend her life with him has given him hope and happiness. Interesting episode and more intrigue.

• Like 6

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 21!

Thanks @syntyche for the recap and @CallieP for your comments!:)

I love the opening scene with the Woodalchi giggling like schoolboys listening to CY and ES.  Many sweet moments with CY and ES.  Poor Dr Jang damn fire lady and flute boy!  Wait flute boy is Gi Chung's bro?  I thought he was some random stray kid Gi Chuel picked up.   I like CY allowing himself to be vulnerable by telling ES the first time he killed someone and how it affected him.  I loved seeing the fear in fire lady's eyes when she was arrested.  Aw, our couple sleeping together and initiated by CY no less!  I love ES dressing CY too.  

I like what javabeans said about ES and CY "...Their quiet couple moments together--the little beats, like the holding hands or dressing each other like comfortable partners--are so much more moving than big, epic, sweeping kisses, as far as I'm concerned..."

cr:  Snow snow

Sigh, my favorite couple.  They're so comfortable with each other.  

PS. Re 8 letters Christmas teaser:  Someone needs to tell Minho not to peel his banana so far down; there's a good chance, especially with a skinny banana, that it will break!  lol.  i guess another example of our 3yo.

• Like 5