Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Synthyche, Nina  and everyone else who have been keeping us up to date with Pachinko and LMH news- thank you so much. It’s been wonderful 

to read the responses to episode 7. At last people are realising what 

we have known for years- he is a great actor.

Unfortunately Netflix in my country now only have The Heirs and TKEM  

on ( they are finishing BOF on May 1st) so there is not a lot of LMH for new fans to see. I know they are on Viki but it’s not a well known streamer is it?

Is anyone else on here slightly bothered by him doing Ask The Stars.

I see that MYM’s name is on the front page of the script ( see page 4215 post from GTLmh0622) which I assume means they may have put money into the project so they must really believe in it. But I worry that we may 

be going back to the numerous product placements and to the ridiculous comments about ratings which happened with TKEM. 

In the meantime episode 7 has scored a marvellous 9.2 so far on IMDB. Please if you have the time go onto IMDB and rate it.

@Lindyloo421  the streaming service, which offers free and paid tiers, has surged in popularity in 2020. The company said it now has more than 15 million subscribers globally (including those watching free with ads), up 50% from the year2019. While many streamers have seen increased traffic since the COVID-19 pandemic locked people in their homes, Rakuten Viki has capitalized on the rising demand for Korean content and become a go-to streaming site for East Asian television shows and films. Rakuten Viki has a big following in the U.S. It maintains it has the shows that

American viewers want to watch.   :wut:

• Like 2

What happened on April 25th, N years ago?

Lee Min-ho Completes Alternative Service (2019)

It is the day when actor Lee Min-ho was released from the military service and delighted many fans. Lee Min-ho last went to work at the Suseo Social Welfare Center in Gangnam-gu, Seoul this morning. As it was the termination of the Hallyu star, a lot of attention was also paid to his last work. Not only the reporters but also fans from around the world came out to cheer for him.

Lee Min-ho suffered a major car accident while filming a drama in 2006, and underwent major surgery such as inserting a correctional iron core into his leg. For this reason, Lee Min-ho was judged to serve as a substitute for social service personnel. He has worked as a social service agent at Gangnam-gu Office in Seoul since May 12, 2017, under the pre-service system. And after four weeks of basic military training at Nonsan Training Center last year, he returned to Gangnam-gu Office and completed his service safely at the Suseo General Social Welfare Center.

Actor Lee Min-ho's return to the superstar ranks with "Boys Over Flowers" raised high expectations. After his discharge from the military, Lee made a splendid comeback, starring in Kim Eun-sook's work, "The King: Eternal Monarch." He also appears as Han Soo on Apple TV+'Pachinko' and is receiving worldwide attention. Currently, he will work with Gong Hyo Jin with the new drama "Ask the Stars."

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/04/25/CINKTDZRBNB5MDEBVRJNMVIDNI/

• Like 6

Cuckoo and Hallyu star Lee Min Ho seriously attack Malaysia

Brand Image Improvement and Sales Expansion Strategy
Achieved 293.3 billion won in sales despite local restrictions last year

art_16508426529631_d0a939.jpg

Cuckoo Homesys has chosen Hallyu star Lee Min Ho as their advertising model in Malaysia. (Photo = Kuku Malaysia Corporation)

[Guru = reporter Han Ah Reum] Cuckoo Homesys is targeting the Malaysian market with Hallyu star Lee Min Ho. The strategy is to use models with a high degree of public awareness to improve the brand image and increase sales.

According to industry reports on the 25th, Cuckoo is airing an ad for a water purifier modeled after Malaysian actor Lee Min Ho. In this commercial, Lee Min Ho, along with famous local singer Datoo Sri City Nurhaliza, reveals the functional benefits of the Cuckoo water purifier.

Cuckoo Water Purifier Titan is a premium water purifier that can provide △purified water △hot water △boiled water (100°C) △cold water △ice. It weighs 11 kg, is thin and compact, so it can be used both at home and in the office. In addition, you can drink clean water through the automatic In-N-Out sterilization system. It is also equipped with a child lock function, a safety lock to prevent malfunction.

Cuckoo plans to focus on accelerating the growth of its business in Malaysia by actively using actor Lee Min Ho to boost its brand image. Last year, Malaysia was Cuckoo's largest overseas business site. Despite the bad news about the lockdown in Malaysia, Cuckoo's local sales reached 293.3 billion won, maintaining a level similar to 295.9 billion won in the previous year.

Khan Areum, staff correspondent arhan@theguru.co.kr

Translation from Korean google
https://www.theguru.co.kr/mobile/article.html?no=34488

[Subject - "Pachinko" ①] The most talked about work of 2022, why is it well received?

Won Sen reporter

Great epic X Delicate characters X Well done production

20225234165052818400_20220425070103929.j

Apple's original Pachinko series is a subtle and warm story about the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family, based on the New York Times bestseller of the same name. /work poster

Apple's original series Pachinko is gaining popularity. Foreigners who have seen the work depicting the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family react, such as "I saw Korean history again through drama." Let's take a look at the reasons why it is so well received as well as the charm of "Pachinko" that captivated viewers from all over the world. <Editor's note>

"One of the best works of 2022." (Playlist)

Apple's original Pachinko series is captivating viewers from all over the world, announcing the birth of the world's most Korean work. Pachinko, a subtle and warm story about the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family, is based on the New York Times bestseller of the same name and consists of a total of eight episodes.

Pachinko, which has been releasing one episode every Friday since the 25th of last month on Apple TV+, episode 7 was released on the 22nd and the final episode is expected to air on the 29th.

The media, critics and viewers from all over the world who have met Pachinko shower it with positive reviews. In particular, let's look at moments where the entire world reacts enthusiastically across national borders and languages, while the acting that adds a sense of immersion and the direction that perfectly conveys the grandiose narrative is to be commended.

Warmly capturing an epic on a grand scale, Pachinko is a story that begins with forbidden love and paints an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment, back and forth between Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Meticulously conveying the epic story of a Korean immigrant family spanning four generations, Pachinko's captivating story captivates viewers at every moment. Pachinko is set in an unfamiliar landscape of the 1980s, where everything has changed since the era of oppression in the early 1910s, when peace and chaos coexist.

In particular, the human sacrifice that has overcome everything through many generations, from the bright childhood of the bright Sungji (Jung Yoo-na), to the young Sung-ja (Kim Min-ha), who survived turbulent times, and the old Sung-ja (Yoon Yeo-jeong), who is rooted in a foreign country as a foreigner. It evokes a heavy resonance, depicting spirit and strong mental strength.

2022769165052818410_20220425070103946.jp

"Pachinko" captivates audiences from all over the world with its brilliantly portrayal of great storytelling and passionate acting that add to the sense of immersion. / work is still reduced

A celebration of the unusual characters living and breathing in Pachinko also immerses viewers in the work. From Sung-sa, who willingly chooses to live as a stranger to protect her dignity, to Han-soo (Lee Min-ho), who is in conflict between love and ambition, to Kyung-hee (Jung Eun-chae), who is in chaos in a rapidly changing environment and Kang Han who wants to protect his daughter in an age of oppression. From his mother Yang Jin (Jung In Ji) to Isaac (Roh Sang Hyun) who overcomes reality with firm faith, it delicately conveys the complex inner world of different people living in the same era, enhancing the sense of immersion.

To this end, the world-famous media commented, “Pachinko complements Sungju not as a typical character, but as a character that reflects the perseverance of immigrants. This is a rare work of historical and artistic significance” (TIME Magazine), “This is the epitome of historical drama. Instead of continuing, I focused on individual characters. One of the best series not only this year, but in the last few years” (Globe and Mail).

A well-done production, meticulously timed and cultured, is also well-received by audiences around the world. "Pachinko" vividly reflects the heyday of New York and Japan, from Busan Yongdo in 1915-1989 to places in Korea, Japan and Canada. In order to convincingly portray a setting that crosses decades and different countries, the production team basically did a thorough historical research.

In particular, he was able to create high-quality products that reflect the vivid image of the time by getting meticulous advice from experts in every field, especially about the subtle differences between the build quality of Korean and Japanese tiles and the subtle differences. between the materials of Japanese and Western costumes. In addition, the music of stringed instruments, which enhances emotions, captivates the audience's ears and adds a strong resonance.

Well-received for its solid storyline, delicate character customization, and production that captivates the eyes and ears, Pachinko is expected to captivate the world by lending a deeper drawl to future events.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/629/0000145432

• Like 5

Pachinko_Photos_010702-1200x800.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Pachinko's Soo Hye explain the tragic turn of events in Episode 7 after the earthquake

April 24, 2022

lee-minho-pachinko-1650459462.jpg?crop=0

With all the acclaim Pachinko has (rightly) received, you might be surprised to learn that showrunner Soo Hye wasn't convinced at first that an adaptation was necessary.

“I read the book and found it so unusual,” says Hugh. “But I don't think every book needs to be adapted for television or film, right? If the book is extraordinary, read the book. The only reason to make an adaptation and bring it to cinematic life is if you feel like "you're going to do something... If you're going to breathe new life into it."

Su struggled to "discover the book" in this regard, to the point where she no longer felt qualified to take on the project. “I thought, ‘I don’t think this is a TV show. I don't think I can do it. I'm not the right person for this."

But then inspiration came. "Why count linearly?" Hugh considered. "What happens if you turn this into a dialogue between past and present?"

All of a sudden, all the pieces of the intergenerational Pachinko saga fell into place. “I knew what the show was as soon as I understood it. And it was very interesting for me.”

By weaving past and present together in such a breathtaking, almost dreamlike way, Su makes family bonds tangible for countless miles and even decades.

The trauma and isolation that each character suffers is made even more impressive by this reimagining of the source material, but contrary to intuition, the most emotional episode of all really finds its strength in the rejection of such an approach.

Unlike the rest of Pachinko, Episode 7 breaks the timeline in favor of something more direct and linear. "We've always said that this episode should feel like a standalone movie," Hugh says, and it's not just because of the shorter time frame.

Chapter 7 is epic in a very different way from the rest of the series, and the trauma it explores is far more visceral and immediate than anything seen in other episodes. That's because this extra TV time focuses on the real tragedy of the 1923 Kanto earthquake, as well as the massacre of countless Koreans that followed.

When it did, on September 1, 1923, the Great Kanto Earthquake set off a chain reaction of natural disasters that devastated Japan even more than that initial and fatal blow (Information sourced from Smithsonian Magazine).

Within minutes, a 40-foot tsunami swept away thousands of people, and fires soon followed that burned wooden houses to the ground in Yokohama and even Tokyo. Near the Sumida River in Tokyo, people desperately trying to escape were killed by a strange pillar of fire known as the "dragon's turn".

Overall, the death toll reached about 140,000, including some 6,000 Korean immigrants who were killed shortly after the earthquake.

Tensions had been running high for some time before, ever since Japan occupied Korea in 1905. Then, amid the chaos of this terrible tragedy, rumors quickly spread that the Korean people were poisoning wells and plotting to overthrow the government. In retaliation for these apparently unfounded ideas, groups of Japanese began to roam the earthquake zone and kill any Korean immigrants they encountered.

Pachinko explores this day in real time, leading us to the earthquake and the murders that followed. But what's especially interesting about this unique episode is that none of them were shown in the source material.

Much of the first season is extremely faithful to Min Jin Lee's work, aside from the shuffling of the timeline, but Su realized that the inclusion of the Great Kantō Earthquake could help "breathe some more life" into his adaptation - and especially into the new character. especially.

“And in my research, I came across the Kanto earthquake,” continues Hugh. “I didn’t know what happened to the Koreans afterwards. And in 1923, the light bulb went out. You're like, “Oh my God, this is it. That's where he came from. That's what he saw."

“Why then explain ... When you see such horror, how not to change? How can your life not take a different path?

Pachinko does not shy away from this horror. Looking at Hansu, we see firsthand the devastating effects of the earthquake and, most importantly, the ensuing massacre in Korea.

Pachinko does not shy away from this horror. Looking at Hansu, we see firsthand the devastating effects of the earthquake and, most importantly, the ensuing massacre in Korea.

As Su herself admits, many people are unaware of these painful implications, so it's doubly impressive that this chapter can shed some light on it, as well as give Hans the extra story he needs.

“Hansoo is difficult to understand until the seventh episode,” says actor Lee Min Ho, “because he acts in a certain way and talks in a certain way that people might not like.

"So in that regard, I think episode seven is a big deal, because it's only when people watch it that they can really understand why he talks in a certain way and why he acts and makes decisions in a certain way."

Su tells us that she intentionally chose to film the episode in "an old-fashioned 4:3 cinematic aspect ratio" rather than the usual 2:35 widescreen aspect ratio because "we didn't want to portray the devastation in an aesthetically beautiful way. "

The goal was to convey a sense of claustrophobia to Hans in the face of something extremely powerful and deadly. “To really get into the horror of what happened, we wanted everything to be very low-key,” adds Hugh.

And yet, while inviting us to Hansoo's trauma first-hand, Chapter 7 also reimagines his relationship with Sunja, revealing it in a much less restrained way.

“I personally remember the scenes where I was on the rock with Sunja,” says Lee Min Ho. “Where she cleans her clothes. There, Hansoo talked about his past and childhood.

“I think that moment was an emotional healing for me. Because for Hansoo, he hid his past and childhood from everyone and that was something he didn't really explore. But through Sunya, for the first time, he sort of let go, and he really spoke about his childhood and his past.”

This brings us back to the idea that Su needed to "breathe another life" into his version of the novel. And she fully accomplished that goal, not only with Hansoo's tragic backstory, but with the wider story of how this earthquake affected real-life Korean immigrants.

Looking back, it is now impossible to imagine the history of Pachinko without her.

Translation from portuguese google

https://momentokdrama.com.br/2022/04/24/lee-min-ho-e-soo-hugh-de-pachinko-explicam-a-tragica-reviravolta-do-terremoto-do-episodio-7/

• Like 5

RS Exclusive: Soo Hugh on ‘Pachinko’
“We desperately need more empathy in our world. I hope shows like PACHINKO can help foster some of this empathy by offering a portrayal of dignity,” theorizes the showrunner

Apr 25, 2022 ...

Q: The first thing that drew my interest to Pachinko was Lee Minho, but I was much more intrigued when I learned that he’d be portraying Ko Hansu, a grey character. He is, after all, the archetypal lover boy and a huge success story at that in the realm of K-drama. So, what was it about him that drew you to cast him in the role of Hansu?

SH: Simple, he was the best actor for the role. I always say that all actors come with a clean slate, and in Minho’s auditions, he embodied Hansu. There was no question. He won the role.

Read the rest of the article here:

https://rollingstoneindia.com/rs-exclusive-soo-hugh-on-pachinko/

• Like 6

On 4/24/2022 at 4:09 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Synthyche,  Nina   and everyone else who have been keeping us up to date with Pachinko and LMH news- thank you so much. It’s been wonderful 

to read the responses to episode 7. At last people are realising what 

we have known for years- he is a great actor.

Unfortunately Netflix in my country now only have The Heirs and TKEM  

on ( they are finishing BOF on May 1st) so there is not a lot of LMH for new fans to see. I know they are on Viki but it’s not a well known streamer is it?

Is anyone else on here slightly bothered by him doing Ask The Stars.

I see that MYM’s name is on the front page of the script ( see page 4215 post from GTLmh0622) which I assume means they may have put money into the project so they must really believe in it. But I worry that we may 

be going back to the numerous product placements and to the ridiculous comments about ratings which happened with TKEM. 

In the meantime episode 7 has scored a marvellous 9.2 so far on IMDB. Please if you have the time go onto IMDB and rate it.

ATS has I think 20 episodes, I hope he is in a lot of the scenes since we had to starve for two whole years and apart for Episode 7, he appears very minimally in Pachinko.  Since MYM is involved as a producer, he must be excited to do it.  I think it is a comedy and after LOTBS, you know he has comedic timing.  We get to see him act as a doctor, another wish come true.  I do hope the advertisements are done discreetly  and not in your face though.  Some other dramas had a lot of PPL too.  PPL is okay as long as it is not obvious, just some product placement in the background.  I hope they learnt from that.

It seems that he will do more seasons in Pachinko if it continues.  He gets to be an anti-hero there so ATS would be a diversion and fun drama.  Let's leave it as that.

• Like 6

appletvplus tw update

Visual Effects Supervisor, Curt Miller, gives an inside look into how the #Pachinko Production Design team recreated the historic Yokohama earthquake of 1923.

“Mara LePere-Schloop’s set was really just phenomenal. Her team comes in and does these wonderful giant gags, explosions or explosions of dust” -Curt Miller | Visual Effects Supervisor #Pachinko

Spoiler

spacer.png

“They do all the real physical interaction, the dust that comes up and envelops the camera and envelops the actors and causes that real practical confusion on set.” -Curt Miller | Visual Effects Supervisor #Pachinko

spacer.png

Apple TV+ Press

Chapter 8

Sunja learns that Isak has been arrested and searches for him with the aid of her young son. Solomon makes a fateful decision. Premiere Date: April 29, 2022 #LeeMinHo and Jae Jun Park in “Pachinko,”

spacer.png

@Lindyloo421 thanks also for the nice comments on Pachinko. I am delighted to see the series and LMH being recognized by critics worldwide. He is being recognized as a great actor outside the kdrama realm. Hope this opens more doors for him. Or gets at least an Emmy nomination. B)

On the PPL, I remember The King being (reviewed for) sanctioned by the authorities for numerous PPL. Let alone criticized by the viewers for it. The ATS production should learn from that.   

• Like 7

Lee Min-ho goes for more in film and TV after Pachinko

“I'm not completely satisfied with my career,” confesses the Korean drama star with complete ease. His impetus led him to expand further into this perception of himself when asked how he analyzes the performance he has had in recent years: “I could have been more prolific, I would hope I had been in more productions. So in the future I want to be in more stories, more productions and have a longer filmography.”

Infobae

In addition to “Pachinko”, actor Lee Min-ho is known for starring in “The King: Eternal Monarch”, “Boys Over Flowers”, “The Heirs” and more South Korean dramas. (Reuters/Aude Guerrucci)

Pachinko marks his first time in a title originally produced by a digital platform, however, it is not his debut in the streaming world. In fact, he was recently seen on The King: Eternal Monarch, which was released through the South Korean channel SBS and Netflix. In his native country, he has been quite a phenomenon for more than a decade for his participation in I Am Sam, Boys Over Flowers, City Hunter, Faith, The Heirs and more successful k-dramas.

The first three episodes ofPachinko will be released on 25 March in the Apple TV+.

KEEP READING:

Yes we totally agree, :joy:, we too wish you had been more prolific in the past.  We, fans,  totally support you in your hopes of having a longer filmography, more stories, more productions in the future so start keeping busy.  Do at least two productions a year, a drama, a movie, or two series per year.  After "Ask the stars", plan for the next series. :D

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

[Y Issue] Lee Min Ho's passionate performance in "Pachinko" shone... Episode theme "Great Kanto Earthquake"

202204261102347699_d_20220426140702661.p

As the episode progresses, his acting skills shine even more. Lee Min Ho, the lead actor of Apple TV's 'Pachinko', put on the most outstanding performance since his debut, leaving viewers in tears.

Based on the New York Times bestseller of the same name, Pachinko is a story that begins with forbidden love.

Lee Min Ho, who not only appeared in his first OTT job through Pachinko but also made his way to the United States, played Han Soo, the character who seduced Song Ja (Kim Min Ha) when he was young in the play. Hansoo is a three-dimensional character with a complex inner side conflicting between ambition and love, and a fatal charm that can't be denied.

It was intense from the first appearance. During the Japanese colonial period, when everything was chaotic, Lee Min Ho, appearing in a white suit among Koreans wearing hanbok, not only ignited a fiery love sparked by his intense first meeting with Song Ja in Pachinko, but also shocked his whole life Song Ja He elegantly portrayed Hansoo, a man who cannot get rid of his obsession. In addition, Kim Min-ha, who played the role of Sung-ja, created great chemistry in both appearance and performance, immersing the viewer in the action as much as possible.

202204261102347699_img_0_202204261105048

Spoiler

202204261102347699_img_1_202204261105048

After episodes 1 to 6, which revolved around Sungji's life, Lee Min Ho's true worth came out in earnest in episode 7, which was embellished with content that wasn't in the original novel. In 1923 in Yokohama, Japan, Hansu, who lived alone with his father (Chong Woon-in), turned into a heartless yakuza who, after a series of incidents, made even the Japanese people tremble with fear.

When his father, who supported his son both financially and spiritually, is in crisis because he cannot repay the money he borrowed from the yakuza, Hansoo promises to work for the yakuza, turning down a trip to the United States to help to his father. At that moment, his father is killed in a sudden earthquake, and the yakuza sympathize with the sad Hans and encourage him to return to the United States. However, when an unprecedented earthquake hits Yokohama, Hansoo loses all hope.

Thus, the seventh series of "Pachinko" tells the story of Han Soo's life, which was never written in the original, but at that time, "Koreans imprisoned escaped and killed the Japanese by taking advantage of the earthquake." "The Koreans Poisoned the Well" Spreading false rumors about Koreans, such as the Korean genocide in Japan, reveals depth and adds a sense of depth beyond the original.

Unlike the adult Ko Han Soo, Lee Min Ho, who started playing with shaggy hair and shabby clothes, was given the Han Soo character through accepting fate, enduring unexpected crises and shame, as well as endearing feelings for his father in the episode, the difficulty was expressed, and the audience was moved.

In response, Lee Min Ho expressed his extraordinary affection by saying, “Han Soo survived in his own way. He came to me in a heartbreaking way, even from an acting standpoint." In fact, he auditioned for several months for the first time in 13 years after his representative work "Flowers Over Berries" to win the role of Hansoo.

Спойлер

202204261102347699_img_2_202204261407027

Jung Woon-in, who worked with him, also showed his acting skills like a veteran. He played a devoted father who wants his son to live in the wider world and doesn't hesitate to do bad things, and he created a strong chemistry with Lee Min Ho that resonates deeply.

On the other hand, "Pachinko" is about to air in the final episode on the 29th. Expectations are high for what steps Hansoo will take after losing Sungji in previous episodes. You can watch Pachinko on Apple TV+

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001731573

Meet Lee Min-ho as an ambassador for King Sejong Institute through the W shooting day(behind the scenes) video.

• Like 6

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas With The Most Gorgeous Styling & Costumes

photo1470862.jpg

An unbelievable amount of effort goes into creating the perfect K-Drama. From the plot to the characters, cinematography to OSTs, and even the tiniest details need equal attention. One such element that truly enhances the immersion of a K-Drama is its fashion. Here are my picks for the top 10 K-Dramas with the most iconic styling and costumes.

photo1470872.jpg

"The King: Eternal Monarch"

Much like the name suggests, "The King: Eternal Monarch" features fashion fit for royalty. The long coats, crisp shirts and cozy cardigans on Lee Gon (played by Lee Min-ho) alongside the dignified formal dresses and striking high heels on Goo Seo-ryeong (played by Jung Eun-chae) give us a taste of regency at its finest.

• Like 7

An excerpt from a long article:

How 'Pachinko' Uses Beauty to Create a Timeless Period Piece

The series’s showrunner and hair and makeup designers on the show’s braids, less-is-more makeup, and creating “honest portraits.”

202204261102347699_img_1_202204261105048

MC: Each character's face is a reflection of their past life experiences—I think of Koh Hansu's eyebrow scar (which is explained more in episode 7). How did you go about planning this when it came to the logistics of the shoot, storytelling, and working with 300+ actors?

SH: I love that scar, and that was Kogonada's idea. Bizarrely, when I met Minho [Lee Min-Ho, who plays Koh Hansu] for the first time, I noticed a scar on his face, exactly where we intended it to be. It was such a shock. I realized, in some ways, it was fated. As to the logistics of the shoot, we had an incredible production team in two countries that worked tirelessly to keep this afloat. People really gave us their sweat and tears… But there's a reason why this first season took four years to make. The pandemic was a factor, certainly, but so much work went into the preparation, shooting, and finishing of the show. I don't know how we could've made it any faster, and it was worth it.

RL:  In terms of the aging or making the characters look younger, we tried to do that in a really subtle way. So rather than go with lots of prosthetics, [it] was done by the makeup artists, just with paint, [using] highlight and shadow in quite a simple way to not, again, distract from the characters.  A lot of what we tried to do was keep everything very real, like, beyond just as real as you could. So if that meant a flyaway, or a little bit of a sheen [it was OK].

SS: And then just using different wigs and different amounts and volumes of hair [was important] because it was challenging to draw them back seven years younger. Sometimes people don't age or change that much during that time period of their life. But in order to tell the story and show the difference of what his growth was [we needed to]. During episode 7, we learn a lot about [Koh Hansu’s] family history and where he came from. And that maybe by the time we saw him at the beginning, or the end of episode one, a bit of that innocence is lost. And so how has that transformed him as a man and as a person? And then as the character? How can we show that innocence gone and how can we show the sophistication and the worldliness he's acquired?

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/pachinko-makeup-hair-interview/

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Lee Min Ho Becomes Part of BA Skincare Indonesia

spacer.png

South Korean actor, Lee Min Ho has officially become the brand ambassador for the original Indonesian cosmetic product, Azarine Cosmetic.

The star also revealed the reason for accepting the offer.

"Appearance is an important part of my career," said Lee Min Ho , via teleconference, recently.

According to him, choosing the right product can make a person more confident.

"Especially skincare, it really helps in every way," said Lee Min Ho.

Cella Vanessa as Chief Marketing Officer of Azarine Cosmetics said that Lee Min Ho's positive image gave Zestie joy (as Azarine users are called).

"Everyone is allowed to use skincare, not only limited to women because men have the right to take care of facial skin hygiene so that they are free from all problems," he said.

https://m.jpnn.com/news/jadi-ba-skincare-indonesia-lee-min-ho-bagian-penting-karier-saya

• Like 6

Appletvplus IG

Hansu wasn't always the steely-eyed figure that audiences see in early episodes of #Pachinko. Episode 7 features the tragic backstory of LMH’s character & the teachers who show him how to survive the ruthless reality he finds himself in.

spacer.png

LMH in WKorea May 2022 issue

Cr: ni1749ra

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6