Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

he fact that the film crew allows viewers to easily walk up to the set and record images of Lee Min Ho during the making of the film makes many viewers feel frustrated as so many scenes have been leaked onto the web, causing the film to lose its appeal.

In fact, Korean dramas often have very high levels of protection and are rarely allowed by fans to be filmed and distributed online. However, the Pachinko project constantly allowed netizens to access and even announced filming locations, which made many fans very angry.

Why are fans so angry though?  I thought Apple security would be higher than in SK . Surprised that they actually announce location to fans (??)

In SK, fans do go to the sites to see the actors acting as in BOF and Faith, fans were at filming sites.

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho filming a Pachinko scene that he had to repeat over and over without stopping

South Korean star Lee Min Ho is still actively working on filming for the new Apple TV drama project Pachinko. New images show him in an outdoor scene, which has attracted a lot of attention from his fans.  

A few days ago, actor Lee Min Ho had caught the attention of his followers by appearing in new images with a different characterization of his character on the set of filming for his new project Pachinko , on a location in Canada.

Fans of the star who are stationed around the recording site, were able to capture an outdoor scene with Lee Min Ho in an outfit different from the one seen in the early days of his character named Hansu , this time he wore his hair messy, in traditional Japanese clothing.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Previously, Lee Min Ho was photographed and filmed by his fans in a costume corresponding to his character's description in Pachinko , as a mysterious and wealthy merchant with criminal ties, wearing a formal suit, hat, and neatly combed hair.

The new images showed him a few days ago in a simple traditional outfit and his hair combed freely. Later he even appeared with his face made up as if he had been beaten and more recently in a video in which he relentlessly records a scene of what appears to be an extreme situation of nature.

spacer.png

Among the speculations about this new appearance and the video of the recordings of Lee Min Ho's character , they highlight that it could be a flashback in Pachinko's narrative about the past, when Hansu was younger and poorer before connecting with the Japanese criminal organization. known as Yakuza.

As it will be remembered, Pachinko is the new international Apple TV + production that recounts in eight episodes the fortunes and misadventures of four generations of a Korean migrant family that begins with Sunja (Kim Min Ah), on a journey through the history of their family told in several languages. 

Based on the successful novel Pachinko by Korean-American writer Min Jin Lee , part of the narrative revolves around the illicit romance of Sunja and Hansu (Lee Min Ho) that leads to a dramatic saga that travels from Korea to Japan and then to the United States. Dominated by universal themes such as war, peace, love, loss, triumph and accounts settled.

There is nothing specific about the release date of Pachinko. 

https://vader.news/k-dramas/Lee-Min-Ho-grabando-una-escena-de-Pachinko-que-debio-repetir-una-y-otra-vez-sin-parar-20210409-0004.html

Lee Min-ho and Park Min-young

Lee Min-ho and Park Min-young became one of the favorite couples when they starred in the SBS City Hunter drama in 2011. Many viewers fell in love with their chemistry in the drama. Shortly afterward, Lee Min-ho and Park Min-young were caught on camera by Dispatch dating in August 2011. Unfortunately in January 2012, the two announced that they had broken up.

spacer.png

https://www.brilio.net/selebritis/8-pasangan-seleb-korea-yang-terlibat-cinta-lokasi-ada-pemain-cloy-2104093.html

5 Recommended Korean Gangster Movies to Watch

Aside from kdramas, South Korean films with the theme of mafia and gangsters are also interesting to watch. Here are five South Korean films that tell the life of gangsters.

Gangnam 1970 (2015)

Set in Gangnam in the 1970s, this film tells of two orphans named Jong Dae (Lee Min-Ho) and Yong Ki (Rae Won Kim) . During their childhood, the two of them worked picking up paper and empty bottles in order to survive. The two of them grew up together and have a brother-like relationship. However, when they got older, the two of them chose to join different groups of gangsters. Even though they have found their own way, life had a way to bring them back together. Jong Dae and Yong Ki are reunited when their two camps are involved in a political conflict over the development of the city of Gangnam.

https://www.kompas.com/hype/read/2021/04/09/192545566/5-rekomendasi-film-gangster-korea-yang-menarik-ditonton?page=all

Dramas: a window to the Asian world

Surely you have seen more than one of these productions and have become a fan of them. This is a list of dramas that you cannot miss and some details that you may not have known about this world.

More and more people are immersing themselves in the world of Asian entertainment, not only for its animated productions but also for the dramas that have become one of the biggest bets to conquer audiences.

The success of this type of content can be due to the attractive stories that are presented, which include endless themes that can be action, comedy, romance, mystery, crime, fantasy, historical, and many more.

THE KING: THE ETERNAL MONARCH

The story tells how a man decides to open a portal to a parallel world, where one resembles today's Korea, while the other is an empire dominated by a single monarch. 

To achieve the stability of both worlds, the monarch of the Korean empire Lee Gon, seeks an alliance with detective Jung Tae Eul, who resides in present-day Korea and with whom he falls madly in love to defeat the evil that tries to be immortal. 

This fantasy, romance and time travel drama has 16 episodes, each lasting over an hour, available on the Netflix platform.  

spacer.png

https://www.laprensagrafica.com/farandula/Doramas-una-ventana-al-mundo-asiatico-20210408-0081.html

The King rewatch starts next week on April 17! Drop by The King thread on the 16th for a poll prepared by @CarolynH

:gangnamstyle::gangnamstyle:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Lee Min Ho is the New Face of This French Luxury Brand

Besides his upcoming project, Lee Min Ho keeps himself busy through his long list of endorsements.

Just recently, the South Korean heartthrob was chosen to be the new male muse of Louis Vuitton accessories.

spacer.png

On April 9, the French luxury brand announced that the "City Hunter" star is their latest ambassador for their watch and jewelry collection.

Meanwhile, a Tambour Street Diver campaign, shot by the famous photographer Mario Sorrenti, was also shared on Lee Min Ho's Instagram account featuring Seoul's famous skyscraper as his backdrop.

In the official photo, the award-winning actor was spotted donning an all-black casual ensemble and white sneakers as he modeled a black LV watch with neon green details.

Lee Min Ho Career

Since his debut in 2003 for EBS' series, "Secret Campus," the 33-year-old actor has now amassed several notable dramas.

This includes his claim to fame "Boys Over Flowers," where he portrayed the role of the popular and rich high school student Koo Jun-Pyo, followed by another remarkable series, "City Hunter" and the 2016 fantasy romance "The Legend of the Blue Sea" opposite Gianna Jun.

How Rich Exactly is Lee Min Ho?

With almost two decades in the industry, Lee Min Ho is one of the most bankable South Korean actors and sits as the sixth spot for highest-paid actors.

In recent news, the famous Kdrama star reportedly rakes $84,000 per episode while Lee Min Ho's net worth is said to be around $10 million, as cited by celebritynetworth.com.

Aside from his estimated assets, "The Heirs" star proves his immense popularity in the local and international scene after being named as the most-followed K-drama star on Instagram with over 23.2 million followers and counting.

Lee Min Ho Joins the cast of "Pachinko"

In Mid February, the Blue Dragon Film winner surprised his Canadian fans as he visited the Great White North to shoot his upcoming series "Pachinko."

Upon his arrival at the Britannia Shipyards, Lee Min Ho waved at his fans who were waiting for him at the location.

Of course, the Hallyu star observed COVID-19 protocols such as wearing face masks and social distancing.

"Pachinko" is based on the novel written by Min Jin Lee and is set to premiere on Apple TV+ where he will be playing the role of Hansu, a Korean immigrant who was adopted by a wealthy family.

The story follows the lives of four generations of a Korean immigrant family and their journey to Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Aside from Lee Min Ho, the upcoming movie adaptation includes powerhouse cast such as Jin Ha, who will play the role of Solomon, New Zealand actress Anna Sawai as Naomi, Kim Minha as Teenage Sunja, Japanese celebrities Soji Arai and Kaho Minami as Mosazu and Etsuko, and the award-winning South Korean actress Youn Yuh-jung, who is set to portray the role of Sunja.

In addition, "Pachinko" is helmed by the renowned filmmakers Kogonada and Justin Chon and written and executive produced by Soo Hugh.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120308/20210409/lee-min-ho-new-face-french-luxury-brand.htm

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

Why are fans so angry though?  I thought Apple security would be higher than in SK . Surprised that they actually announce location to fans (??)

In SK, fans do go to the sites to see the actors acting as in BOF and Faith, fans were at filming sites.

@CallieP, In my opinion, the author of this article is clearly not objective, and expresses his own frustration, and not the opinion of international fans. Most Minoz are happy to see photos and videos from the Pachinko filming. If there were good professional materials and interviews in the press, there would be no need for fan photos. I am grateful to all the minoz for giving us the opportunity to see Lee Min Ho.

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho has successfully conquered the fastidious Louis Vuitton brand

10/21/21

Luxury French fashion house Louis Vuitton announced: "Lee Min Ho will officially become the company's watch segment ambassador." Those interested in fashion should know that Louis Vuitton is a rather finicky brand. Many artists have partnered with this iconic brand to “listen”, but very few people have been “given the title” properly. Thus, the fact that Lee Min Ho was chosen as ambassador for the Louis Vuitton segment demonstrated the importance of the brand as well as the extremely “huge” influence of the actor.

40379ab5b2f75ba902e6.jpg

Lee Min Ho will appear in the Tambour Street Diver ad campaign alongside British actresses Sophie Turner and renowned French actor Tahar Raheem. The campaign series will be shot by renowned photographer Mario Sorentti and set in the midst of concrete "forests" in Seoul. After the first campaign photo was released, netizens were surprised by Lee Min Ho's “cool” image, as the actor has always been associated with a cute and calm image. Everyone should be in love: it is true that Lee Min Ho, regardless of style, is still "at the top of the top" ... ".

c2291eab36e9dfb786f8.jpg.webp

He began to develop a very stable career and was fortunate enough to make his public debut with a series of iconic works such as Boys Without Flowers, Heirs. .. Lee Min Ho has become a very popular top-level actor at home and abroad. In the near future, the actor will make his debut in a Hollywood drama project with a budget of up to $ 130 million - "Pachinko" produced by Apple TV +.

Ganoderma
Translation from Vietnamese google

https://m.baomoi.com/lee-min-ho-chinh-phuc-thanh-cong-nhan-hang-kho-tinh-louis-vuitton/c/38485227.epi

• Like 7

14 hours ago, scrawford said:

Wow LMH's new LV add made me coming out of lurking. He looks really good and the photographer are from Europe, (I think so, given the name) I do love that he is giving us surprises, and this is a big one. 

@scrawfordactually, he's Mario Sorrenti who is a world-renowned photographer, an Italian-American.  He's a fashion photographer. He was mainly shooting black and white before but he's trying different things this time.  :selfie:

9 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

@CallieP, In my opinion, the author of this article is clearly not objective, and expresses his own frustration, and not the opinion of international fans. Most Minoz are happy to see photos and videos from the Pachinko filming. If there were good professional materials and interviews in the press, there would be no need for fan photos. I am grateful to all the minoz for giving us the opportunity to see Lee Min Ho.

@nina_mitrokhina, I agree with you - You know, before when I was new in my job, I was having these thoughts like "why do they like taking celebrity pictures?" The answer might be something like “to show off”? Maybe it’s something like this: This figure you had seen on a screen for such a long time that felt so far above you, something that felt so abstract is now real. You know, I understand these people now - they just want to have a long lasting memory for their own personal happiness. I had always thought it was so silly for anyone to get ‘star struck’. So, I tried to figure out why I got star struck anyways even now that I've been long working in this kind of industry. It's just so NICE & COOL to have the benefit of saying “I met *blank*”, isn't it?  :smooches2:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

LMH IG update

Last day

spacer.png

Last day of filming. Pachinko promo next? :relaxed: 

Canadian filming drama captured by fans Lee Min Ho's gray hair color exposed

spacer.png

South Korea’s "Long Leg Oppa" Lee Min-ho finished filming the Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" last year and quickly resumed filming of new works. He is now filming an 8-episode TV series "Pachinko" produced by an American video platform last year. Filming started in South Korea in October and moved to Canada in February this year.

Many local fans especially went to the shooting location to wait for them, hoping to see their idols, and Lee Min Ho has always been friendly to the people. Whenever he saw fans taking pictures on the spot, he showed a warm smile and waved at them.

After his white-shirt-type look, some fans recently uploaded photos of him wearing a traditional Japanese kimono. In the photo, his hair is slightly long and his face has scars. The other is him in a rare gray hair color. Many fans are looking forward to it.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/entertainment/20210410/bkn-20210410155650204-0410_00862_001.html

Lee Min Ho Returns to Modeling as Louis Vuitton Ambassador

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho's modeling career shines stronger than ever as he is elected as the new ambassador of the house of Louis Vuitton fashion.

Internet users showed all their love for Lee Min Ho's post, exceeding 2 million likes in less than 1 day. They also left him messages in the comment box about his new project, and also congratulated him on being the new ambassador of Louis Vuitton.

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/lee-min-ho-embajador-louis-vuitton-joyeria-fotos-20210410-0002.html

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

10 Fantasy K-Dramas That Will Transport You To ~*Different Worlds*~

Once you become a K-drama fan, you will be amazed by the 123456789 themes that you can watch: There's horror, crime, romance, and even shows that are so stressful yet so, so addicting. And there are those that help you escape reality, expand your imagination, and bring you to whole new worlds.

Below is a list of fantasy K-dramas on Netflix and Viu, that will give you a ~new fantastic point of view~:

Legend Of The Blue Sea (2016)

Who’s in it: Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun

Where you can watch it: Netflix, Viu

The short plot: Love knows no bounds as a mermaid and a swindler develop feelings for each other despite their differences.

The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

Who’s in it: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan

Where you can watch it: Netflix

The short plot: As described by Netflix, The King: Eternal Monarch is a story where "a modern-day Korean emperor passes through a mysterious portal and into a parallel world, where he encounters a feisty police detective."

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/fantasy-k-dramas-netflix-and-viu-a4575-20210411

• Like 4

14 hours ago, willenette said:

@scrawfordactually, he's Mario Sorrenti who is a world-renowned photographer, an Italian-American.  He's a fashion photographer. He was mainly shooting black and white before but he's trying different things this time.  :selfie:

@nina_mitrokhina, I agree with you - You know, before when I was new in my job, I was having these thoughts like "why do they like taking celebrity pictures?" The answer might be something like “to show off”? Maybe it’s something like this: This figure you had seen on a screen for such a long time that felt so far above you, something that felt so abstract is now real. You know, I understand these people now - they just want to have a long lasting memory for their own personal happiness. I had always thought it was so silly for anyone to get ‘star struck’. So, I tried to figure out why I got star struck anyways even now that I've been long working in this kind of industry. It's just so NICE & COOL to have the benefit of saying “I met *blank*”, isn't it?  :smooches2:

@willenette, You are absolutely right! I fully understand the joy and happiness of the fans who were able to see their favorite actor in real life. This small personal miracle - a dream that had lived in my heart for so long, suddenly became a reality! Let it last for a few moments, but suddenly you see a living person who smiles at you and waves his hand in a friendly manner. For a moment, you get the personal attention you have dreamed of so much. Unforgettable and very pleasant moments! And it's great that Minoz shares their happiness with other people.

• Like 4

Some Minoz said " American dramas are different , they have strcit rules, we can't see filming pic etc." But on the contrary, we saw so many pics, video etc. I am happy and staff look so kind I am sure if Kminoz take pic in setting they never share with us becausu of rules we are lucky because they shot in Canada

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Lee Min-ho frowns in new pictures shared from his last day on sets of Pachinko

Lee Min-ho has been in Canada for a few weeks now, filming his upcoming series Pachinko. The actor plays the role of Hansu in the series adaptation of Min Jin Lee's book.

By HT Entertainment Desk
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021

169271740_1101018167066098_4013889470037

Lee Min-ho has been in Canada, shooting for his upcoming Apple TV+ series titled Pachinko. Based on the novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, Lee Min-ho plays the role of Hansu in the show. While fans spotted the star on the sets a few days ago, the Legend of the Blue Sea actor has now confirmed that the filming schedule in Canada has come to an end.

He took to Instagram and shared three pictures from his 'last day'. One of the pictures featured the trailers on the sets while another was a mirror selfie. The actor tactfully hid his outfit while covering his head with a hoodie, as he frowned in the selfie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNg2GmEBaiX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Fans showered him with love. "Thanks for your hard work, can’t wait for pachinko," a fan commented. "Wow.. Lovely surprise. Keep these pics coming. We love it," added another. Many dropped heart and fire emojis as well.

Lee Min-ho plays a merchant with ties to organised crime in Pachinko. The show also features Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Speaking with GQ Korea, via Soompi, Lee Min-ho shared details of his audition. "It’s been about a decade since I auditioned, but the situation has changed from then. I thought it would be so embarrassing if I failed the audition, and I was determined to get the role, so I worked really hard to prepare for it.” He added, “I felt very pressured about having to do well. I was really nervous and excited, and I was really happy when I got the part."

Lee Min-ho was last seen in The King: Eternal Monarch, alongside Kim Go-eun. He thereafter launched his own YouTube channel and worked on a few videos before heading to Canada.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/tv/lee-min-ho-frowns-in-new-pictures-shared-from-his-last-day-on-sets-of-pachinko-101618132542792.html

• Like 5