Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 11/20/2022 at 3:15 AM, CallieP said:

@JoannaID   Thanks for sharing the airport and Cuckoo concert.  He looks so cute at the airport even with his mask on.  Was the airport packed and the cuckoo event full?

Sorry for late reply, I rarely login to Soompi lately, busy with real life and I just check Twitter & IG for LMH updates, LOL. 

The airport was really packed! I was able to see him closely without any incident because I waited inside the airport, after my flight arrived, I waited for his flight. Outside of the immigration gate, there were hundreds of fans waiting for him and it eventually became quite chaotic, many fans fell down, but fortunately nothing too serious happened. It just proved that LMH is still very much loved in Malaysia even-though there are many new K-drama actors got popular in SEA. :fullofhearts:

The Cuckoo event was full too, I think around 8000-9000 people attended, it was successful and smooth. I knew LMH would not go to events if it's not carefully planned by the organizer. Lately there were a few chaotic events happened in Indonesia when K-pop and K-drama actors came, glad it didn't happen with LMH event.

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@JoannaID  another opportunity for you?!

Haha, I'm quite skeptical about this, I can't describe the reason why here, but let's just wait and see.... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Pachinko wins at the 2022 Gotham Awards!

Breakthrough Series – Long Format (over 40 minutes)
“Pachinko”

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/11/gotham-awards-2022-winners-list-1234785895/

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. Finally.......Gotham Awards has wrapped and "Pachinko" is a big winner. The celebration marked the official start of awards season.   :heart2:

BREAKTHROUGH TELEVISION OVER 40 MINUTES

“Pachinko” (Apple+) – WINNER
“Severance” (Apple+)
“Station Eleven” (HBO Max)
“This Is Going To Hurt” (AMC+)
“Yellowjackets” (Showtime)

• Like 2

*** So NICE that "Pachinko" took a prize at this year's Gotham Independent Film Awards held in New York City, making it the second Korean series to win at the American awards ceremony. "Squid Game took home a prize at last year's (2021) Gotham Awards. Kim Min-ha made it on the list of nominees for Outstanding Performance in a New Series, but sad that she lost to Ben Whishaw.   :bawling:

• Like 2

Pachinko has now won quite a few awards hasn’t it from all over the world but after the ridiculous snub by the Emmys it’s great that it’s won a big American award.

Here’s hoping for the Golden Globes. I wonder if apple has subbed it for viewers /award juries who don’t want to read subtitles! If only Minho could get nominated- he so deserves to.

Watching the video of the win I think Soo Hugh must have felt they had no chance and didn’t realise they had won until Kim Minha hugged her!

Willenette - do you know if there are any SK award shows that can nominate American series 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH  is it Cristiano Ronaldo? As far as I remember before he mentioned that he is his favorite soccer/football player.  

Honestly, Willenette, I thought it was Cristiano Ronaldo, but I wasn't positive so I thought I'd ask in the form of a trivia question.  Some in our company are watching the World Cup during our lunch break and I saw Ronaldo and I thought, isn't he the soccer player LMH likes?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

LMH x MBP

bone health

new common sense

https://smartstore.naver.com/jyns

@syntyche  MBP (Myelin Basic Protein) is really good for bone supplement. It promotes healthy bone. I've been using this for 6-months. It also appears to have several other functions.   Thanks for sharing the photos.   :7555_attack:

4 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Pachinko has now won quite a few awards hasn’t it from all over the world but after the ridiculous snub by the Emmys it’s great that it’s won a big American award.

Here’s hoping for the Golden Globes. I wonder if apple has subbed it for viewers /award juries who don’t want to read subtitles! If only Minho could get nominated- he so deserves to.

Watching the video of the win I think Soo Hugh must have felt they had no chance and didn’t realise they had won until Kim Minha hugged her!

Willenette - do you know if there are any SK award shows that can nominate American series 

@Lindyloo421 sorry, but none that I know of for American series, only films. Before Blue Dragon Awards has this Best

Foreign Films category but it has been discontinued. IDK why.   :surprisedwut:

• Like 1

'Pachinko' wins this year's Gotham Awards

Apple TV+'s "Pachinko" took home a prize at this year's Gotham Awards, becoming the second Korean TV series to win at the American awards ceremony for independent films and series.

The eight-part drama series won in the "Breakthrough Series ― Long Format (over 40 minutes)" category at the 32nd awards ceremony held in New York City on Monday (U.S. time).

But its lead actress Kim Min-ha failed to be awarded Outstanding Performance in a New Series. Instead, Ben Whishaw in "This is Going to Hurt," a British medical comedy-drama TV series, took the honor.

Actress Kim Min attends this year's Gotham Awards in New York, Nov. 29. Yonhap
This image of Apple TV+'s Korean original series "Pachinko" was provided by the global streaming service. Yonhap

Based on the namesake novel written by Korean American author Min Jin Lee, "Pachinko" depicts the life of Sunja, born to a poor family in Busan in the early 1900s. The 1910-45 Japanese colonial rule forces her to move to Japan, and she and her family have to go through a tough life there even after World War II.

Last year, Netflix's megahit Korean series "Squid Game" became the country's first winner at the annual awards ceremony, nabbing the same best long-form TV series title. (Yonhap)

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

The 15 Best K-Dramas Of 2022, According To 200,000 Fan Votes

They ranked at the top out of 30 nominees!

Popular polling website KingChoice recently held a month-long poll for K-Pop fans to vote for what they think were the best K-Dramas of 2022 out of 30 nominees. With nearly 200,000 votes tallied, the results are in. Here are the fan-chosen top 15 K-Dramas for the year 2022!

2. Pachinko

btSvlSJbbZqanTrCEr8CbOxtK8zobSQA6t4ADOwWfmyxkHfqKeq_kzS6BXvKxkHV6pSVeOI5ImGW7pikFJI7N6jzf11om_tasXuV3XXA8gkSzVY=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Pachinko aired from March 25 to April 29, 2022, and starred Youn Yuh JungLee Min HoKim Min Ha, and Jin Ha. The series plot is explained as, “An emotional yet expressive retracing through history that depicts the lives of countless Koreans who were affected by the brutal Japanese colonization of Korea in the 20th century”.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kingchoice.me/the-best-korean-drama-2022/

• Like 1

'Pachinko' wins US Gotham Award for Breakthrough Series - Long Form

20221130103945110_2FN3PHPI.jpg

Apple TV+'s original Korean series "Pachinko," based on the popular epic novel on ethnic Korean residents of Japan across four generations, has won this year's Gotham Award of the U.S. for Breakthrough Series - Long Format (over 40 minutes). (Gotham Awards' official Facebook page)

By Lee Kyoung Mi

Video = Gotham Film & Media Institute's official YouTube channel

Apple TV+'s original Korean TV series "Pachinko" has earned a U.S. Gotham Award, which honors indie cinema.

The drama on Nov. 28 at Gotham's 32nd awards ceremony in New York won Breakthrough Series - Long Form (over 40 minutes).

Kim Min-ha, who played the lead character Sun-ja as a teen, was also nominated for Outstanding Performance in a New Series. 

Based on the eponymous novel by Korean American author Min Jin Lee that enjoyed explosive popularity in the U.S., "Pachinko" is about four generations of ethnic Korean residents in Japan and starts in the era when Japan occupied Korea (1910-45). Starring Youn Yuh-jung and Lee Min-ho, the series has received global acclaim for its dramatic depiction of a story set against the backdrop of historical events, with Season 2 in the works.

Formerly the Independent Filmmaker Project, the Gotham Film & Media Institute organizes these awards to recognize indie cinema. The winners are often seen to predict the results of other major honors like the Oscars and Emmys. 

credit : https://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Culture/view?articleId=225091&pageIndex=1

• Like 2

More wonderful news. Pachinko has won an award at the C21 International Drama awards. To quote “the awards recognise the best in global

scripted creativity through one of the most highly regarded awards shows in the business” Pachinko got it for best non-English language drama.

Isn’t it fantastic?!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1