Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

These 6 Korean Drama Stars Chosen as Favorite by International Viewers, Lee Min-Ho Defends the Title

spacer.png

SEOUL - The star of "The King: Eternal Monarch" Lee Min-ho was again chosen as the favorite Korean drama actor for audiences outside of Korea. According to a survey conducted regularly by the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism and the Korean Foundation for International Culture Exchange about hallyu in 2020, Lee Min-ho received the highest score with 9.6% of 8,500 respondents in 18 countries. Citizens surveyed were from China, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Australia, United States, Brazil, Argentina, France, United Kingdom, Russia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and South Africa. The survey was conducted online from 24 September to 4 November 2020.

https://gensindo.sindonews.com/read/317776/700/ini-6-bintang-drama-korea-terfavorit-pilihan-penonton-internasional-lee-min-ho-pertahankan-gelar-1611889291

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

If LMH is already in Canada, maybe he is waiting to settle and then upload episode 4 later this week? :joy:

Personally I think he has finished to film the MV with LSG. Because they have chosen the song and the way they will record it (by piano or guitar ) and they decided on the background : the camping. So all the elements of the mv are ready.  My conclusion is that he won't go to Canada and work on Pachinko for two months with unfinished work.

I believe LMH will upload the last LSGXLMH movielog with the final product the same week or one week before LSG drama starts. 

It's only my predictions. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

On 1/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

EsyxYFxVkAIafUQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

@gtLmh0622 @leeminhosny  I was looking at the Kofic information:

Hallyu (Korea) awareness

□ □ In the case of the most preferred Korean cultural contents, the drama is'Crash Landing on Love' (9.5%)>'It's Psycho but It's OK' (4.1%)>'Couple World','Itaewon Class' (2.8% each)>'Kingdom '(2.5%) recorded the highest response rate. Compared to the previous year's rankings, except for'Kingdom', new works were included in the top ranks, but all have in common that they were produced or serviced by Netflix. In the movie,'Parasite' (18.4%)>'Going to Busan' (10.2%)>'Pinsula' (3.5%)>'Alive' (2.1%)>'Hunting Time' (1.6%) in order from 1st to 5th. As with the drama, except for'Parasite' of the Academy 4 crowns and halo effect, movies serviced through Netflix's global distribution network showed strong strength. 'BTS)' (22.0%), the first Korean singer to reach the top of the Billboard Singles Chart (HOT 100) last year and took first place five times in total, took the lead in the singer category with overwhelming preferences following '19. 'Black Pink' (13.5%)>'Psy' (2.9%)>'Twice' (2.4%)>'Exo' (2.1%) followed. In the case of actors,'Lee Min-ho' (9.6%) kept the top rank for three consecutive years, and'Hyunbin (3.5%)' ranked second, up 12 places compared to the previous year's survey. This is five times the number of votes (0.7% → 3.5%) compared to 19 years, and it is believed that the sensational popularity of'Crash Landing on Love', which stood out in the worldwide ranking of Netflix's preferences last year, has been affected.

I don't understand why TKEM is not on this list?  It was #1 on Netflix, on Waave too. I believe, it is more popular than IC and Kingdom. TKEM was mentioned as the top 2 on Netflix.  Kingdom is listed on Kofic so why not TKEM as well?  I think Couple World is "World of the Married" which is a huge hit in SK but not in the rest of the world. Most never even heard of Married. How is it mentioned in the year's rankings???

13 hours ago, lupeace said:

yes lets be patient but i cant wait for the trailer to be out :joy:

oh i didnt know there is another lmh hater blog other than NTB. i better stay away from it then

What is NTB?

On 1/28/2021 at 2:39 AM, 1ouise said:

I'm re-posting my response from the Pachinko thread since all the action seems to be over here.  :lol:

The term "romantic hero" doesn't always refer to "romance."

"The Romantic hero is a literary archetype referring to a character that rejects established norms and conventions, has been rejected by society, and has themselves at the center of their own existence.

“The Romantic hero first began appearing in literature during the Romantic period ... [when] the typical notion of the hero as upholding social order began to be challenged. read more here

To understand this summary of Hansu, you need to know all three characters.  The good layer of Hansu can be compared to Darcy, but Hansu also has the dark and dishonorable layers of the other two characters. 

Min Jin Lee clearly stated that her Hansu is not a good man, though he is charming. 

We can only wait and see what Hansu in this adaptation will be like.  :)

Didn't know that is what Romantic Hero meant.  Thanks!  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@gtLmh0622 @leeminhosny  I was looking at the Kofic information:

I don't understand why TKEM is not on this list?  It was #1 on Netflix, on Waave too. I believe, it is more popular than IC and Kingdom. TKEM was mentioned as the top 2 on Netflix.  Kingdom is listed on Kofic so why not TKEM as well?  I think Couple World is "World of the Married" which is a huge hit in SK but not in the rest of the world. Most never even heard of Married. How is it mentioned in the year's rankings???

TKEM was #6 I am also surprised but these countries are from mostly Asian .They know LMH mostly , LMH's name surpass TKEM. Also BOF #10 and Heirs #14 .In the end just they are from 8500 people answer .And drama rate difference isn't so big. But actor rate difference is so big.

Netizenbuzz is toxic translater blog that translates mostly hater comments. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

If LMH is already in Canada, maybe he is waiting to settle and then upload episode 4 later this week? :joy:

I wonder that too, because Canada has new restrictions in place from Jan 31st for air travel, like mandatory testing and quarantining for 3 days in government approved hotels until the test results come out. Hopefully all goes well for him, not be discouraged about more restrictions. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, Intisar G said:

Personally I think he has finished to film the MV with LSG. Because they have chosen the song and the way they will record it (by piano or guitar ) and they decided on the background : the camping. So all the elements of the mv are ready.  My conclusion is that he won't go to Canada and work on Pachinko for two months with unfinished work.

I believe LMH will upload the last LSGXLMH movielog with the final product the same week or one week before LSG drama starts. 

It's only my predictions. 

I think the same thing.  But LSG's drama doesn't start until March 3--more than a month from now.  If the final LMHxLSG movielog isn't uploaded until then, I hope there will be something else sooner!

I don't think LMH will be busy every day that he is in Vancouver.  If he brought his fancy computer with him, he could continue to work on his editing hobby.

Snow Fall GIF 

:lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Intisar G said:

I think it's an old one.

He is waving to fans, so not a actual pic.

i miss LMH so much! :sad1:More than getting CF video or pics on MYM Naver, I want an update from LMH himself like his selfie or other fun pics. 

3 hours ago, Areumdaun said:

I wonder that too, because Canada has new restrictions in place from Jan 31st for air travel, like mandatory testing and quarantining for 3 days in government approved hotels until the test results come out. Hopefully all goes well for him, not be discouraged about more restrictions. 

I think he should already be in Canada because other cast have already departed. He said that he had 1 month of free time and I think his 1 month is over. 

2 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I don't think LMH will be busy every day that he is in Vancouver.  If he brought his fancy computer with him, he could continue to work on his editing hobby.

haha, I hope he uploads episode 4 in Canada :happy2:

He will be busy but at first he should stay inside and fulfill his quarantine time

we also don’t know for how long he will stay there, he may come back sooner than April?

2 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I think the same thing.  But LSG's drama doesn't start until March 3--more than a month from now.  If the final LMHxLSG movielog isn't uploaded until then, I hope there will be something else sooner!

March?? :facepalm:  I hope it has nothing to do with his drama lol :joy:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1