Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

you are so right @Nikaa94  -- we want to see him MORE in 2021 !   on the cow part ...   
@Thong Thin forgot that next year is a cow year  ... LOL me :lol:  

Yeah say it louder 

everyone from local fans to international fans are expecting a new project. I was talking to @lupeace and we think Lee Min Ho may announce his next work before he goes to Canada for Pachinko (but we don’t know yet if he will go or not). Let’s say he goes to Canada, it will take him maximum 1-2 weeks to finish pachinko. We think he may announce before he goes abroad when is in SK. It’s just some guess. or he may wait until he finishes pachinko and then announces. But lee min ho said in his greeting message that he is working hard for pachinko so he isn’t done filming. Writers may have made some changes and lmh may go to Canada. If he needs to go to Canada then he should prepare in January and then will be there until late January or mid February. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Pachinko star Lee Min Ho wishes fans on New Year with debonair BTS snaps in a suit from SBS Drama Awards 2020

In his first Instagram post of 2021, Lee Min-ho wished Minoz (fandom name) a Happy New Year by sharing some dapper BTS photos from the SBS Drama Awards 2020.

lee_min_ho_sbs_drama_awards_2020_bts_pho

In some happy news for Minoz (fandom name) to kickstart 2021 on a very bright note, Lee Min-ho was bestowed with Top Excellence in Miniseries (Fantasy/Romance) award at the recently held SBS Drama Awards 2020 for his spectacular performance as Emperor Lee Gon in The King: Eternal Monarch. It was indeed a recognition much-deserved for the talented 33-year-old actor.

In his first IG post of 2021, Min-ho treated Minoz with some behind-the-scenes photos clicked backstage at the SBS Drama Awards 2020. In the snaps shared, The Heirs star looks nothing short of dapper and debonair in a black velvet suit which he paired with matching trousers, a white striped shirt and a bow tie. Moreover, with his hair sleeked back with gel, we see Min-ho standing in front of the mirror looking at the face masks on the table and then picking one, before striking a handsome pose for the camera.

In his caption, Min-ho simply wrote, "2021," with two folded hands emoticon, wishing fans a Happy New Year.

Can Lee Min-ho get any more handsome?!

Meanwhile, Min-ho is currently busy with the shoot of Pachinko, an upcoming Apple drama series based on Min Jin Lee's 2017 novel of the same name. Moreover, along with Minho, Pachinko boasts of an eclectic cast featuring Min-ho's The King: Eternal Monarch co-star Jung Eun-chae, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/pachinko-star-lee-min-ho-wishes-fans-new-year-debonair-bts-snaps-suit-sbs-drama-awards-2020-589232

• Like 4
  • Blob 5

26 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Pachinko star Lee Min Ho wishes fans on New Year with debonair BTS snaps in a suit from SBS Drama Awards 2020

In his caption, Min-ho simply wrote, "2021," with two folded hands emoticon, wishing fans a Happy New Year.

Can Lee Min-ho get any more handsome?!

Thank you @syntyche for the big frame of LMH , likewise to you @nina_mitrokhina 5misnina for sharing the twit (2020 vs 2016 machi)  - he looks so swaggy in his tuxedo !  I prefer his posts than the one shown in SBS drama, reason being the one taken from SBS has too much light (lol - imo) 

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

First of all Happy New Year.

Second what did I miss? Can anyone quickly summarize? All I see is LMH with not so interesting hairdo and a IG Pics.

You missed SBS awards. Lee Min Ho got the award on top excellence performance but that was the only award for TKEM. Also the ceremony was quite boring since there was not red carpet nor backstage images. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Actor Lee Min Ho is changing into a tuxedo! Fan enthusiasm for being too perfect [PHOTOS]

Actor Lee Min Ho's recent post is a hot topic

Lee Min Ho updated his Instagram on January 2.

I wrote "2021" in my pictogram signature, with folded hands, and posted two photos.

Looking at the post, I noticed Lee Min Ho's casual appearance, wearing a tuxedo. He charmed fans with a variety of appearances, for example, looking down a little with a mirror behind his back and looking at the camera from afar.

Lee Min Ho, who starred in The King: The Eternal Sovereign, won the Male Best Performance in the Fantasy Romance Miniseries category on the 2020 SBS Awards broadcast on New Year's Eve 2020.

202101024631746731646398.jpg?v=160957704

20210102431673267146972.jpg?v=1609577048

(Photo = Instagram Lee Min Ho)

Born June 22, 1987. On the Korean version of Boys Over Flowers (KBS) in 2009, he played Domoji Tsukasa (Korean name: Ku Jun Pyo) and became a hugely popular star in Japan and Korea. Since then, he has continued to show his presence in popular dramas such as Personal Taste, City Hunter in Seoul, Heirs - Those Who Try to Wear the Crown Bear the Weight and The Legend of the Blue Sea. Completed military service in April 2019 and resumed work in the 2020 drama The King: The Eternal Monarch.

Translation from Japanese google

https://sportsseoulweb.jp/star_topic/id=21967

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

You missed SBS awards. Lee Min Ho got the award on top excellence performance but that was the only award for TKEM. Also the ceremony was quite boring since there was not red carpet nor backstage images. 

Oh well! I mean I did not expect anything else, but WDH should have been recognized somewhere there , nvm. They had to Give LMH something since he is now on the International Bandwagon that too with US and SK needs global recognition in which ever manner they can get. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

21 K-Drama Superlatives From 2020

2751b04d95b7421696cc208b7eba5b99.jpeg?s=

Many things have been up in the air this year. (And no that’s not an airborne virus joke). Travels, studies, work, leisure, relationships, etc. have all been impacted one way or another. But there’s one thing that remains constant and that’s K-dramas. And with that, here is our annual superlative roundup.

Despite the particularly difficult year, we can still find the silver lining and be thankful that we’ve at least had a strong showing in K-dramas to help us get through our stuck-at-home days. We’ve seen plenty of fantasy, sci-fi, and even makjang dramas, though there does seem to be less sageuks this year. Cable channels in particular have gifted us with well-written, well-produced, and well-cast dramas.

To honor the dramas that have accompanied and provided us with healing or have just been a form of escapism, I give you, in no particular order, 2020’s superlatives.

Now before you get up in arms about not seeing your favorite drama, please note that this is not a list of the best dramas of 2020, but rather a fun, silly way to take a stroll down memory lane. So feel free to head down to the comments section and nominate superlatives for all the other deserving dramas!

Disclaimer: This article only includes dramas that premiered between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2020. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Theme of the year: Multiple dimensions

“The King: Eternal Monarch,” “Train,” “Alice

2020 was the year that heavily featured shows with alternate/multiple dimensions, though it probably felt more so because these three shows aired one after the other, and suddenly, our K-drama viewings were packed with sci-fi shows about time-traveling and alternate worlds. (Maybe screenwriters themselves were hoping for a non-COVID-19 alternate dimension?)

“The King: Eternal Monarch”

The-king-eternal-monarch-e1609057168201-

Aired on: SBS
Air date: April 17 – June 12, 2020 (16 episodes)
Starring: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Kim Kyung Nam, Jung Eun Chae, Lee Jung Jin

In the epic fantasy “The King: Eternal Monarch,” there’s a parallel world, multiple doppelgängers, time-travel, a lot of math and physics, and even more product placements that barely bother to be discreet. (Seriously, this drama nearly won a different superlative — most likely to get you to binge on milk tea and fried chicken). When Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho), who’s also the King of the Kingdom of Corea, unknowingly uses a magical alternate-dimension-opening flute, he finds himself in a parallel world.

There, he comes across the person he’s been searching for all this time, Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), believing that she was the person who saved him from an assassination attempt some 20 years ago.

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Prince-Charming

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay first off, Happy New Year - work is crazy so I took a month and a half break for anything happy and I missed y’all

I thought maybe we were overexaggerating LMH’s sadness but he genuinely looks miserable being there.  This whole thing is just freaking WEIRD. 

TKEM didn’t fail anywhere near as KMedia claims it did.  It’s 2020, and global outreach on social media is a massive part of success.  The cast and crew also are super close and the behind interactions showed a super happy crew that was very pleased with the work and proud of what they made.  TKEM took over The Swoon, subtle asian traits, r/Kdrama, this site, Naver, weibo...it was EVERYWHERE.  It pulled okay domestic ratings and outrageously incredible international ratings.  Brahms and the other SBS shows were good, they were fine, but...let’s not pretend they were CLOY or World of the Married or IOTNBO.  If TKEM was going up against something with Oscar worthy acting, or something as popular as the other big shows...ok.  But it didn’t, it was up against small shows that performed adequately.

So I do wonder what happened between nominations and the ceremony.  Maybe nobody wanted to show up?  Negotiations or something went badly?  We’re not talking about small stars here - we’re talking about giants like LMH, KGE, and WDH.  Kim Yong Ji also exploded this year - you’d think they want to keep good relations.  LMH/KGE are tried and true ratings juggernauts and WDH/KJY are rising so quickly. 

You would think that they would WANT big stars like them happily attending their award show, but no.  And like mentioned above, KGE clearly wasn’t busy with other things, and her posting lives were super out of character for her. 

Ryan Murphy, am gonna need an expose on this.

5 hours ago, Intisar G said:

SBS know the power and the popularity of LMH and they will give him the awards he DESERVE and I'm sure they will continue fighting to broadcast LMH futures dramas.

The organization of this award show was unique and the cast can't sit together and have fun like before due to covid so there were no need for the rest of the cast to be present at the ceremony from which they cant' get an award. Also there were no red carpet. 

@Intisar G is correct.  During a pandemic when social gatherings are highly restricted, only the winners (and presenters) attended. 

And yes, winners knew beforehand that they won.  Lee Min-ho attended because he won an award, otherwise he would not have been there.  (Also, if he wasn't going to attend, they probably would have chosen someone else for the award.  Weird, but that's often how Korean awards shows work.)

Awards are spread around.  That's why you see Joo Won with the producer's award and Namgoong Min with the Daesang.

Awards go to SBS-produced shows.  That's why Brahms was awarded.

SBS makes up whatever awards they want.  For example, this year they dropped the Hallyu award.

It's like a year-end office party--not an impartial vote of qualified nominees.

I'm simplifying and generalizing, but you get the idea.  This is the way of Korean awards shows.

It wasn't the right setting to be joyously celebrating (since many are suffering due to Covid), so LMH purposefully kept a stoic demeaner.  He has repeated several times over the last days that he hopes and prays for life to return to normal.  (Of course, it's also true that he would love to be together with everyone who made TKEM a success in a room filled with cheers and applause and fans.)

Let's celebrate the fact that LMH has won a Top Excellence award for every SBS drama--something I believe he is proud of!!  Sure, he is deserving of a Daesang, but that, too, is a matter of timing, and it was Namgoong Min's time. 

As I've said many times, LMH is the epitome of grace and class, and I love him for it!

c9f70c8c3106cff5421c5fb21df333c05b4bf6ed

:heart1::heart1:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

15 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@Intisar G is correct.  During a pandemic when social gatherings are highly restricted, only the winners (and presenters) attended. 

And yes, winners knew beforehand that they won.  Lee Min-ho attended because he won an award, otherwise he would not have been there.  (Also, if he wasn't going to attend, they probably would have chosen someone else for the award.  Weird, but that's often how Korean awards shows work.)

Awards are spread around.  That's why you see Joo Won with the producer's award and Namgoong Min with the Daesang.

Awards go to SBS-produced shows.  That's why Brahms was awarded.

SBS makes up whatever awards they want.  For example, this year they dropped the Hallyu award.

It's like a year-end office party--not an impartial vote of qualified nominees.

I'm simplifying and generalizing, but you get the idea.  This is the way of Korean awards shows.

It wasn't the right setting to be joyously celebrating (since many are suffering due to Covid), so LMH purposefully kept a stoic demeaner.  He has repeated several times over the last days that he hopes and prays for life to return to normal.  (Of course, it's also true that he would love to be together with everyone who made TKEM a success in a room filled with cheers and applause and fans.)

Let's celebrate the fact that LMH has won a Top Excellence award for every SBS drama--something I believe he is proud of!!  Sure, he is deserving of a Daesang, but that, too, is a matter of timing, and it was Namgoong Min's time. 

As I've said many times, LMH is the epitome of grace and class, and I love him for it!

@1ouise, well-said. I very much agree. yes, winners knew beforehand that they won.  Notice how all the winners in an award show tend to show up because they have been informed. Most of the time you’ll see a disclaimer that some winners are notified by them. The winners’ names were already engraved on the trophy. What the winner has to do is just walk up and say “Aw shucks. I don’t deserve this” or whatever. - hahaha - Unlike the Grammys, they won't let winners know in advance: They  have never done such a thing; you show up and take your chances. ... They have never given out “made-up” awards. In Korea, each award show, awards their prizes differently but generally they use a combination of fan votes and sales/streaming numbers. Generally awards aren't given to artists unless they promise to attend the show in person so that's a factor as well. All acting award shows are based on votes. (not mainly from fan votes) :blush:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Top Korean dramas to watch out for in 2021

Streaming services like Netflix make it easy to catch up on one's favourite shows

Seoul — You’ve got to admit it, nobody can resist watching Korean dramas. They are known to have a good-looking cast, addictive storyline and beautiful scenery. With streaming services like Netflix, it is easy to catch up on one’s favourite Korean dramas.

Here is a list of the shows to look out for in 2021.

1. Pachinko

actorleeminho-1.png

Lee Min Ho stars in Pachinko. Picture: Instagram

The show is about Korean immigrants living in Japan between 1910 and today. It is a family saga that explores the effects of poverty, abuse, war, suicide and the accumulation of wealth on multiple generations. Lee Min Ho is one of the stars.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://theindependent.sg/top-korean-dramas-to-watch-out-for-in-2021/

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I read one post on Weibo said that shooting with a dog was for King SeJong.  :)

Ah I thought yesterday " did his agreement end with King Seajog" because I can't remember new pic etc. from King Sejong it can be.

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Ah I thought yesterday " did his agreement end with King Seajog" because I can't remember new pic etc. from King Sejong it can be.

I hope there's another CF with King Sejong.  I really liked the earlier one and hope there would be more.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

News 9 stars

Lee Min Ho wins SBS Performance Award

o0540081014876177321.jpg?caw=800

Actor Lee Min Ho won the Best Performance in the Fantasy Romance category at the 2020 SBS Performance Awards.

Lee Min Ho received the award for Best Performance in Drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" ("The King") at the 2020 SBS Performance Awards held at SBS (Seoul Broadcasting) Kamiwa Prism Tower on the 31st of this month. Won the trophy and ended 2020 with the role of Li Gong in The King. Since "The King" is Lee Min Ho's last work for the first time in three years, it can be said to be a feat after receiving the Male Best Performance in the Legend of the Blue Sea drama at the 2016 SBS Performance Awards.

On that day, Lee Min Ho said, "I hope the new year will be the year when many things can be returned to their original places." After receiving the award for Best Performance, "I had a hard time with King. I want to express my gratitude to all of you - Writer Kim Eun Suk, Director Jung Ji Hyun, staff, and senior and junior colleagues." to become an actor who works hard as an actor and with strength and comfort for many people, ”he said.

SBS's Friday and Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (directed by Baek Sang Hoon, Jung Ji Hyun, screenplay by Kim Eun Suk), which has visited viewers for about two months since April 2020, has made a strong impression. This work is about romantic fantasy from a parallel world, and Lee Min Ho's thick enthusiasm and deeper perception of his character shines, and every time he has a lot of listeners. Lee Min Ho, who was at the height of his teenage romance, played the role of Emperor Li Gong and was praised as the indispensable character of the emperor who renewed his life character by winning the hearts of the people.

In addition, The King, which aired concurrently with NETFLIX, has generated strong worldwide reactions and is currently hitting record results for the year. At the end of 2020, "King" entered 10 countries: USA, Canada, India, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan, Nigeria and Malaysia in the TOP content rating by country, published by NETFLIX. She was ranked 3rd out of 10 Korean dramas in the TOP 100 in the world ranking of dramatic works, and this made me realize the power of a global actor who determines not only the completeness of the work, but also its relevance.

This October, Lee Min Ho put his name at the beginning of the casting for the drama of the upcoming work "Pachinko" of the global OTT service Apple TV Plus, and he expects his filmography to draw an upward curve again. The drama "Pachinko", which is currently being filmed, was named in "Most Anticipated Television Program of 2021," polled by the Hollywood Reporter, and while it is gaining a lot of foreign media attention in the United States, news that the Korean actor will star in the film. there is. Lee Min Ho's three-letter name (이민호) is once again attracting worldwide attention.

With more focus on his future career, Lee Min Ho is currently filming the Apple TV + drama Pachinko and is working enthusiastically to introduce viewers to the new character.

google translation

https://9stars.kr/16311/

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@Nikaa94

Good morning,is Sunday here. 

Can I join you :D

Yes, LMH is man of words. 

He has given us his hints and words that he will work hard this year. 

I hope his next project will be a Big hit and I don't mind what genre. 

I really like his SBS style,dashing in tuxedo with his hair comb up

:heart:

@backstreeyboysfan

He is indeed sway + handsome 

:blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2