Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Just now, Nikaa94 said:

I miss his movielogs too! I think he is very busy with filming Pachinko. Any news or pics from pachinko team? What are they up to? :D 

It's good if Min Ho-ssi is busy.  Means we have more screentime of him in the drama.  
There's a recent rise in Covid cases in Seoul which has the government tightening the restrictions; hope everyone is safe there and everywhere.

Wonder whether can we ask for a post or movielog this week?

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

Just now, Min2206 said:

It's good if Min Ho-ssi is busy.  Means we have more screentime of him in the drama.  
There's a recent rise in Covid cases in Seoul which has the government tightening the restrictions; hope everyone is safe there and everywhere.

Wonder whether can we ask for a post or movielog this week?

yes agree! More screen time! :approves:

yeah, I heard about the COVID news. Stay safe everyone! 

I think we will get a movie log around Christmas time or maybe we will get one next week. 

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

cto

Ready for the final LOTBS quiz? PM your answers to me.

1.  How many years passed until SC returned to land?

2. What was Nam Do's name in the Joseon era?

a.  Park Moo

b.  Park Do Hyun

c. Kim Su woo

d.  Lee Min woo

3.  How did SC discover the fate of KDR and Se Hwa?

4.  What were Nam Do's 2 principles?

5. According to the coroner, what was the cause of death of HJJ's father?

1.  pulmonary embolism

2.  acute heart failure

3.  aneurysm

4.  stroke

6. What did HJJ find on his bedside table after SC left?

7. What were CH's dying words?

8.  What was Tae Oh's occupation when SC returned?

@madmad min @SophieH @Lindyloo421 @Nikaa94 @CallieP @Min2206 @Aleumdaun and anyone else who want to take a stab at the answers!  Good luck and thanks for playing!  I enjoyed rewatching LOTBS to create the quizzes.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

On 12/6/2020 at 12:52 AM, willenette said:

@CallieP, I also have "Faith" DVD for my collection. I got it from Amazon. It's all region DVD version. A 5-DVD package. It's just that I got it a little pricey - $40.19 + shipping fee. Subtitles have English & Chinese. It works great. It is worth the price. :blush:

@CarolynH, he only did 1-movie so, that must be "Gangnam Blues".....is it? :blush:

@Aleumdaun, I haven't watched that, too! :neutral:

*** not only for LMH but I don't really dig remakes/part2s or anything for that matter..... Because for me, nothing could surpass the original, the 1st is always the BEST for me..... :blush:

The Faith I purchased as I said was made in Malaysia for $27.00. 

I found one today that is $40.19 but does not say where it is made .  It said NTSC, that is US region right? There is another for $84.00. I don't see where it is made either. 

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Doctor-Version-Digipak-Package/dp/974393393X

https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Great-Doctor-English-Subtitle/dp/B00DPMPTDS

On 12/6/2020 at 2:51 AM, Elnin Joery said:

He did 5 movies. Public Enemies, Get up, Our school's ET, Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters all tho Get up is counted as TV because it was a TV movie where as Google list that as movie. 

I watched pretty much everything on Lee Min Ho and alot of people haven't explored his pre-BOF. I had quite a blast with Get up, Our School's Et and Public Enemies. 

By the way @CarolynH that scene from the meat locker is in Public Enemies that was literally where LMH made a name for himself in that movie despite having a supporting role and short screen time he made a huge impact with his acting. It was a pretty gritty gangster genre. Technically Lee Min Ho's acting career took off for the first time as a gangster and from there on he started getting calls and roles etc etc he impressed in that role which partially lead to him getting BOF and the other part was ''I AM SAM'' he truly nailed that comedic and goofy character despite being supporting role again it remains one of his best pre-BOF days. Get Up is also another unique one that I enjoyed it was ahead of it's time.

Lee Min Ho and Rhyme had good chemistry together. In the first act they beat the RickRoll'D out of each other and then proceeded to become best friends ever. Taking a journey together to the country side in search of Lee Min Ho's crush in some ski resort.

But in general I am relieved that Lee Min Ho is somehow back in a gangster character despite not being a gangster genre. I would love to see him doing another gangster movie or even multiple seasons gangster Netflix series. Going different direction completely while most people are going into good guys LMH should go opposite and journey back to villiany 

I have watched all his shows even public enemy,  Our School ET, Get Up.  I guess not the first 3 drama series, where he had a minor role as a waiter, some art assistant .  I don't think you can find those at all.  However, I found Get up on You Tube in 6 parts but there was no ending so I did not see if LMH found his crush.

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

10 minutes ago, CallieP said:

The Faith I purchased as I said was made in Malaysia for $27.00. 

I found one today that is $40.19 but does not say where it is made .  It said NTSC, that is US region right? There is another for $84.00. I don't see where it is made either. 

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Doctor-Version-Digipak-Package/dp/974393393X

https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Great-Doctor-English-Subtitle/dp/B00DPMPTDS

@CallieP, yes - NTSC is the analog TV format historically associated with the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Taiwan, and other countries. PAL is the analog color TV format historically associated with most of Europe, most of Africa, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, North Korea, and other countries (Brazil adopted the variant PAL-M, which uses the refresh rate and resolution commonly associated with NTSC). If you're from US your discs may be labeled Region 0 or All. Many discs created with home-video capture software are coded as Region 0 and should play in your DVD player. Sony DVD players sold in the U.S.are coded to play Region 1 DVD discs. This is the region code for US. They also will play discs labeled Region 0 or All. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

This is the TCC version of the 100 most handsome men in Asia: Lee Min Ho, etc. Enter the Top 10

A few days ago, TC Candler Asia announced the list of 100 most handsome faces for the Asia-Pacific region through their social media accounts.

In the survey poll, 100 celebrities with the most handsome faces were selected according to the results of a survey conducted in the last few months.

The poll was followed by around 100 million netizens who voted for their favorite celebrities.

According to its official website, this is "the most prestigious internationally recognized list of its kind".

TC Candler Asia itself is a survey institution that gets a direct license from TC Candler.

It has become a routine for TC Candler to release The Most Beautiful Faces and The Most Handsome Faces every year.

So who won in the male category?

This is the result of TCC Asia's Top 100 Most Handsome Faces in Asia Pacific 2020.

202006091928771724_5edf67a4b1d9e.jpg

10. Lee Min Ho

https://kabarlumajang.pikiran-rakyat.com/hiburan/pr-421065008/tanpa-bts-inilah-100-pria-tertampan-di-asia-versi-tcc-lee-min-ho-sehun-baekhyun-exo-masuk-top-10?page=2

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

The 3 Most Famous Mythological Creature K-Dramas of All Time 

The great popularity of fantasy stories for audiences around the world is known, but if they are produced with the artistic touch of South Korean creators, they become high-quality dramas that are hard to forget.

One of the greatest attractions of Korean productions is the use of fantasy to tell their stories, and in this category stand out adaptations of legends about supernatural beings with magnificent staging and excellent performances. Here are 3 of the most popular K-Dramas about mythological creatures :

1. The Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)

the_legenof_the_ble_sea.jpg_897252003.jp

The Legend of the Blue Sea , starring Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun tells a beautiful love story between a beautiful mermaid and a mortal. But unlike the red-haired little mermaid we all know, there are no evil witches but rather a fun romantic comedy.

Kim Dam Ryung (Lee Min Ho) is a noble scholar from the Joseon Dynasty who by fate meets Sae Wa (Jun Ji Hyun), a captive mermaid whose destiny is to be killed by her kidnappers. Kim Dam Ryung uses strategies to rescue her and return her to the sea; without knowing that between them there is a past that he does not remember.

https://vader.news/k-dramas/Los-3-K-Dramas-sobre-criaturas-mitologicas-mas-famosos-de-todos-los-tiempos-Ya-los-viste-20201205-0018.html

10 K-Dramas With Mythical Creatures We Wouldn’t Mind Hanging Out With

There’s something intrinsically magical about fantasy dramas, not only because they’re often quite epic in scale, but also because they provide a form of escape from our own generally less exciting daily lives. At the center of these fantasy dramas are the mythical creatures that draw inspiration from lores and mythologies around the world.

While some of these beings can be rather terrifying, K-dramaland has introduced us to more audience-friendly versions over the years — and because it’s K-dramas — these mythical creatures are naturally played by very good looking actors and actresses. So if the aim of these supernaturals is to bewitch us puny mortals, then consider us under their spell, because even if our necks or livers are at risk, we wouldn’t mind getting to know them on a more personal level.

So, get ready to be acquainted with some mythical creatures by checking out these dramas below:

Mermaids in “The Legend of the Blue Sea”

The-Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea-768x432.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun lands herself again on our list, but this time as a gorgeous mermaid. But unlike the little red-haired mermaid that we’re all familiar with, there are no sea witches or trading of legs involved. Instead, we have a slightly ditzy mermaid who delights us with her (literal) fish-out-of-water antics.

We follow her on her journey as she searches her for her long-lost love, whom she eventually finds in a very handsome grifter (Lee Min Ho). This is one beautifully shot K-drama which makes everything feel suitably fairytale-like, and takes us back to our more innocent days of dreaming about mermaids. And honestly, having Shim Cheong’s abilities such as erasing memories and turning tears into pearls can come in handy, yes?

Spoiler

Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea-gif.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438689wpp/10-k-dramas-with-mythical-creatures-we-wouldnt-mind-hanging-out-with

LMH tw & MYM IG Update

LEE MINHO: 2021 SEASON'S GREETINGS
Pre-Retail Start Guide
 December 9, 2020 17:00 (KST) ~ 
 Place of purchase: INTERPARK (domestic & overseas)

For more information, please check the official website announcement!

https://leeminho.kr/board/list.php?bdId=notice

EotOTPYVEAcSekd?format=jpg&name=small

@JoannaID Our King of social media slaying that Forbes list!

:doggie::doggie:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The #CheongKwanJangSG IG  one?.

I am not sure whether it's new clip or not but that was posted on CKJ IG yesterday.  Hence reposted it here.

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

Announcing Forbes Asia's inaugural #100DigitalStars list, spotlighting 100 singers, bands, and film and TV stars from across the Asia-Pacific region who have taken the digital world by storm.

Thank you @JoannaID for this honourable mention of Lee Min Ho by Forbes Asia.   He sure is one HUGE influencer, be it his presence or his name.  

Don't you just love his hair here :blush:

• Like 2
  • Blob 6