Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Vote For Your Favorites For The Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020

Here's all the ways you can make sure your favorite dramas, actors, and actresses win big in this year's awards!

You've been with us from the beginning of our K-fever this year and now we reach the highest peak honoring the best dramas via Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020!

So, how to vote? Find out below.

METRO BEST KDRAMA AWARDS - PEOPLE'S CHOICE VOTING MECHANICS

Voting period will be from December 5 (12 NN) until December 13 (11:59 AM)

The People's Choice category winners will be a combination of Social Media votes from Metro.Style Facebook, Metro KDrama Club Facebook Group, and Metro.Style Twitter and Metro.Style website.

The votes will be counted every day by 10 AM and announced via Metro.Style website with the corresponding tallies.

You can only vote once per social media platform (Metro.Style Facebook Page, Metro KDrama Club Facebook Group, and Metro.Style Twitter) starting December 5.

Website voting will start on December 9. You can vote multiple times.

Winners will be presented on December 16, 8 PM during the Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020 Event on Facebook.

TO VOTE ON METRO.STYLE'S FACEBOOK PAGE

Go to Metro.Style Facebook Page and look for the KDrama Awards 2020 Photo Album. (You will find one album per category.)

To vote, click LIKE or react HEART on the photo of the nominee.

Only likes and hearts reactions will be counted.

TO VOTE ON THE METRO KDRAMA CLUB FACEBOOK GROUP

Join the Metro KDrama Club Facebook to become a member.

Look for the pinned post. (Pinned post with links to poll threads.)

Each member can vote once per category.

One entry is equivalent to 2 votes.

TO VOTE ON METRO.STYLE'S TWITTER PAGE

Go to @metrodotstyle on Twitter.

Click the link on the pinned tweet on how to vote.

Only likes from the official tweet will be counted.

And that's how you'll be voting for your favorite dramas, actors, actresses, songs, and even kisses! Are you as excited as we are?

Eocl6-9VgAMnlRe?format=jpg&name=small

EocjS8nVgAEa8JB?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EoclEGdUwAAiKlS?format=jpg&name=small

EocgzZ-VQAA1Q8x?format=jpg&name=small

Eocd1N8VQAMocD8?format=jpg&name=small

EoceVMdVEAA2VDA?format=jpg&name=small

EoceLH1UcAA5lmZ?format=jpg&name=small

https://metro.style/culture/spotlight/metro-best-drama-awards-2020-voting-mechanics/28381

31 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

sorry for cutting your post! 

Yes, we aren’t the only ones fan casting LMH for his next project, I have already started looking for FL and PDs for LMH’s next project :joy: it’s fun! I don’t have any particular drama to fan cast LMH yet, I will have to follow drama news. Lol 

by the way, I doubt LMH would consider a Korean version of money heist. I haven’t watched it though! What do you think? 

I haven't watched Money Heist either. But I'm aware it's a big hit globally. It's quite intriguing who they will choose for this Korean version. But I'm clueless if LMH would ever consider it. :D 

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

48 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

by the way, I doubt LMH would consider a Korean version of money heist. I haven’t watched it though! What do you think? 

Sorry to cut your post. I do have watched Money Heist and it is a amazing production. It is funny that when it was released in Spain on regular TV it wasn't successful, because several issues which had nothing to do with the plot or the series but with personal and political reasons (it reminds me a bit to TKEM in that regard). It was after the show was released on Netflix and became an international success and some time has passed in Spain that it became a success here too. 

The plot is really good and very well planned, specially for the first two seasons, which were the original ones, and the characters are very well written and developed, and also the cast makes an incredible work. Seasons 3 and 4 are a bit more rushed but are still good and hectic. It is one of the best dramas I have seen on a while and I am really proud that it is Spanish. 

Nevertheless, I understand the need of doing a Korean version, a more tone down one, because the original Money Heist is really based on Spanish character, with a lot of passionate outbursts and some explicit scenes, and I guess that in more conservative markets it could be a bit too much.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

I haven't watched Money Heist either. But I'm aware it's a big hit globally. It's quite intriguing who they will choose for this Korean version. But I'm clueless if LMH would ever consider it. :D 

Korean verison cast already confirmed And I don't know why everybody like Berlin I think he is disgusting.He raped a woman.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

for some of you who might not know berlin casting has already been decided. and actualy its for the best cause i dont want lmh to ever take a remake of a character that has been played by someone else before him. haters are just eying any oppotunity to jump on him and the comparison card would be perfect for them.

lmh has/will make all of his character stand out without depending on anyone's previous success.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, lupeace said:

for some of you who might not know berlin casting has already been decided. and actualy its for the best cause i dont want lmh to ever take a remake of a character that has been played by someone else before him. haters are just eying any oppotunity to jump on him and the comparison card would be perfect for them.

lmh has/will make all of his character stand out without depending on anyone's previous success.

Exactly I think same 

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

"Excellent fashion sense! What celebrities are likely to sell out even if you wear underwear?" 

Lee Min Ho has also worked with partners such as WWF and UNICEF for many years to donate to poor children and protect endangered species. Lee Min Ho donated 100 million won under the name of a fan club to the Nepal Earthquake Disaster Relief Fund in 2015 and received the "Sharing Happiness Award" in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

On 12/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, willenette said:

@CallieP, thanks for sharing the link. But, looking all of them, haven't seen the one I bought here. Most of them came from Malaysia, right? Mine was manufactured from China, that's why, it's C-version. I bought it after the drama ended. I guess, the one I bought is no longer available in the market. Mine was also Blue-ray. It's a 4/Disc Setwith HD English Subs. - Price: US $26.92. :blush:

Thanks, I bought Faith and it was from Malaysia.  Did not like it that much and it was not blue ray.  Bummer.  I shall look out for it perhaps in the future.

• Like 4

Agree with your points! 

I don’t want LMH to act as a character which has already been played by a different actor. LMH has always been so unique and original. I want him to do original characters and own his characters like he always does. :approves: Our LMH is on a different level and scale! :relieved:  Is there any other LMH fan casting to discuss? :D 

miss Oppa loads!! :heart:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

K-dramas are the 3 most famous mythological creatures of all time. Have you seen them already?

Fiction stories are known to be very popular with audiences around the world, but when created with the artistic flair of South Korean authors, they turn into high-quality dramas that are hard to forget.

Author: Nora Andrade
05 December, 2020

One of the greatest attractions of Korean productions is the use of fantasy to tell their stories, and adaptations of supernatural legends stand out in this category with great staging and excellent performance. Here are the 3 most popular K-dramas about mythological creatures:

1. Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)

the_legenof_the_ble_sea.jpg_897252003.jp

Lee Min Ho and Jung Ji Hyun in The Legend of the Blue Sea
Starring Lee Min Ho and Jung Ji Hyun, "Legend of the Blue Sea" tells a beautiful love story between a beautiful mermaid and a mortal. But unlike the red-haired little mermaid we all know, this isn't evil witches, but a hilarious romantic comedy.

Kim Dam Ryung (Lee Min Ho) is a noble scholar from the Joseon dynasty who, by the will of fate, meets Se Wha (Jung Ji Hyun), a captive mermaid whose fate is to be killed by her kidnappers. Kim Dam Ryung uses strategies to rescue her and return her to the sea; not knowing that there is a past between them that he does not remember.

2. Goblin (2016-2017)

goblin.jpg_186469708.jpg

Goblin shot star cast

Starring the famous Gong Yoo Gon, Lee Dong Wook, Kim Go Eun, and Yoo In Na, the Goblin tells the story of an immortal being who seeks the long-awaited death that Bride of the Immortal Being will give him.

The characters of Gong Yoo as a goblin and Lee Dong Wook as the angel of death have made it one of the most watched K-dramas of all time, with high audiences both in South Korea and beyond. internationally Netflix.

3. The Tale of the Nine-Tails (2020)

tale-of-nine-tailed-.jpg_926804675.jpg

The recently aired fantasy romance drama "The Tale of the Nine-Tails," starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah and Kim Bum, tells the story of a creature from Korean mythology named Gumiho, a nine-tailed fox named Lee Young.

The story follows a gumiho who once ruled as the living god of the Paekdudegan mountain range, but now works as a kind of government official between this world and the underworld. His main mission is to clean up the mess left by those who disturb the peace of the living in search of his reborn love.

https://vader.news/k-dramas/Los-3-K-Dramas-sobre-criaturas-mitologicas-mas-famosos-de-todos-los-tiempos-Ya-los-viste-20201205-0018.html

April 15, 2009 BOF Special Event, Tokyo

- Please tell us about what you want to challenge and about your ambitions?
Lee Min Ho: I will continue to work hard, become brighter as I grow older, and become a world famous influential actor.

0088sEUFgy1glc8y4nxm0j30rs1qhkjl.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4578555503058368

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Money Heist’ Korean reboot fancast: Who Netflix needs to cast

When one door closes, another opens. Money Heist, the iconic Spanish Netflix series, is finally getting the spinoff it deserves – except instead of the spinoff about Berlin we all want, it’s a K-drama version. 

News broke late Sunday night Netflix is looking to bring the heist sensation to Korea. Considering Money Heist season 4 broke its already high viewership records, it’s no surprise a new version was greenlit. But with a new version of the Netflix show comes a new cast. 

As huge fans of both Korean dramas and Money Heist, we’re here to take the burden off Netflix and cast the next group of thieves. Netflix, if you’re smart, you’ll take our advice and at least consider these casting decisions for the Korean version of Money Heist. 

Berlin

The complete opposite of the Professor, his brother Berlin needs to be cocky, rude, and arrogant, but a strong leader through & through. We’re a bit biased because we’ve been rebinging Boys Over Flowers, but try to tell us Lee Min-ho isn’t perfect to take on this role.

Jun-pyo is basically the exact same character as Berlin, and there’s a lot of Berlin in Min-ho’s role in The King: Eternal Monarch as well. Min-ho is a sweetheart in real life, but he knows how to play the a$$hole well. We’re begging you, Netflix: if you take any of our fancastings seriously for the Money Heist remake, make this one a reality.

https://filmdaily.co/obsessions/korean-money-heist/

This is a US web site correct?  I was trying to find out where they are based and I think it is US.  Some of you mentioned that you don't want him to be compared with the Spanish actor but if you remember BOF has 4 versions and SK version is the one that endured the most and longest because LMH made the character his own. And SK version of BOF  The SK version should not copy the Spanish version exactly and LMH need not be that nasty e.g. rape a woman. However if we want to see LMH as a hero and a villain, this might be the right vehicle for him.  For an US based film website to advocate for LMH is something unless I am wrong in guessing that film daily is not US based.  I have not seen Money Heist but it was a hit in the US Netflix, #1. It would be a challenge.  It is an action film ,  right?  Something we want to see LMH perform again like CH.  I am intrigued.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

49 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

I’m not too keen on LMH in a remake or second seasons. I hope that he will have a very special story made for him - and that he has loads of screen time. If that could be a mix romance/thriller/action, I will be over the moon.:partyblob:

agree with all you said!! :approves:

no remake and no second seasons!! A well written and original character created specially for LMH. I think a mix of different genres is a great idea!! I’m so curious what role and story he will pick next. 

• Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 7

For LMH next project, I'm still leaning towards the kind of genre/theme which will be very well loved in SK. Whatever that is which can resonate to SK audience taste. LMH needs more recognitions in his own country and hopefully his next project will be a critically acclaimed one.

Whatever character that he plays, LMH will always be able to bring it to life and make it iconic and memorable with his outstanding abilities. So we need the best script, the best crew (writer & PD) and the best matched FL.

Ah I miss LMH already, will he upload another movie log today? It's already Sunday in SK. 

:please:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

In the fall of 2008, director Park Kwang-chun's film "Our School's E.T." aimed at the Chuseok season was released. Kim Su-ro drew attention as he played the main role in an academy where a ten-year physical education teacher turned into an English teacher. However, "Our School's E.T." had poor viewership results nationwide (the winner of that year's Chuseok theater was Mamma Mia, starring Amanda Seyfried and Meryl Streep, which drew 4.5 million viewers in Korea alone).

But after a long time, "Our School's E.T." is being re-examined as a film that has produced a large number of popular stars. In fact, Lee Min-ho, who starred in "Boys Over Flowers" and "The Heirs," Park Bo-young of "Scandal Makers" and "String Woman Do Bong-soon," Moon Chae-won of "The Princess' Man" and "Good Doctor" starred as high school students. With small roles, Oh Yeon-seo had a short appearance as Kim Soo-ro's first love and Ha Jung-woo as a handsome doctor.

http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002699585&CMPT_CD=P0010&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=newsearch&utm_campaign=naver_news

EohVJCWVQAYojgI?format=jpg&name=small

EohVKG-VoAE1KbQ?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EohVL14VgAIwJIW?format=jpg&name=small

EohVM2wUcAAsIo9?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

For LMH next project, I'm still leaning towards the kind of genre/theme which will be very well loved in SK. Whatever that is which can resonate to SK audience taste. LMH needs more recognitions in his own country and hopefully his next project will be a critically acclaimed one.

Whatever character that he plays, LMH will always be able to bring it to life and make it iconic and memorable with his outstanding abilities. So we need the best script, the best crew (writer & PD) and the best matched FL.

Ah I miss LMH already, will he upload another movie log today? It's already Sunday in SK. 

Calling @Nikaa94 time to start your job looking for writers and PDs again lol

16 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

I just realized that I haven’t watched our school E.T. Yay, something new of LMH for me to watch . Going to search for it now.

I haven't seen it either.  Let us know if you find it.  I also haven't seen....what's the movie where LMH is in the meat locker?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3