Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 hours ago, willenette said:

CallieP,  we all know that Hallyu is a term that means "the Korean wave" & refers to the outflow of Korean culture to other countries abroad. Ye, it's a Chinese term, which when translated literally means "korean wave" :blush: China virtually banned korea wave because SK agreed to establish THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) with the US. China government regarded this as a potential risk to Chinese national security. 

So I remembered correctly. I did not know it then.To placate the US, they lost a huge market in China for their products, tourism and kdrama and kpop. Poor LMH lost out a lot of endorsements and could have made a fortune. I am sure some of them watch illegally but SK does not get the benefits from the market. LMH is not that well-known in the US for CFs.

I know Hallyu is Korean wave but did not know China coined the term. I thought Korea did. LOL

• Like 3

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

JIW is talking about Lmh on Tv always:lol: 

When you see how many times he talks about LMH  on different talk shows, and even cookery shows, you realise that LMH has never done any of these type of shows so he never speaks personally like his friend does.

I might be wrong as I only have YouTube and the pages of this thread to go by. It seems a shame he doesn’t do talk shows with a panel etc.because people might then see what a great bloke LMH is

Is it because he likes to stay very private?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Yes He likes private somebody thinks he is cold, TV show are very popular in last years in Korea, so many actors attend them, even theirs ratings are higher then dramas

• Like 7

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2020051

Hot Golden Olive Series, BBQ Treasure Secrets? "Fresh Taste and Star Marketing"

"We're close to achieving 500,000 cumulative sales."

BBQ said at a tasting event held at BBQ Ewha branch in Seodaemun-gu, Seoul on the 13th that the new menu "Hot Golden Olive Series" has contributed greatly to the company's sales since its launch on April 17.

In fact, cumulative sales of the product exceeded 40,000 cases in just four days after the product was introduced and exceeded 400,000 earlier this month. BBQ's sales have risen about 20 percent since the hot golden olive series came out. Daily sales of the Hot Golden Olive series are more than 100 on weekdays.

"Hallyu Star" Lee Min-ho as a model also played a part in attracting customers. As a result, he also signed a sponsorship contract with SBS drama "The King: The Lord of Eternity." Some people visit the store to receive Lee Min-ho's poster, said an employee at the store. I'm realizing the effects of star marketing," he said.

A company official said, "We paid attention to the novelty taste and the use of models to captivate the younger generation. "We will continue to develop products to suit customers' tastes," he said. "Please look forward to new products that will be unveiled on September 1st along with the Hot Golden Olive series."

https://news.g-enews.com/ko-kr/news/article/news_all/202005131910003334bc88014e31_1/article.html?md=20200514084707_R

• Like 13

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

:lol:

LHM is very popular in Nigeria and last week his name was trending all over Twitter Nigeria. Many ladies and men were talking about him. Ladies shared their love and admiration and men acknowledging LMH played an important part in their ladies' heart. Lots of the men remark were quite hilarious.

Such as if their girlfriend has seem kdrama high likely  LMH is their first boyfriend and they, themselves are second to LMH. Other complaints LMH is taking all their girlfriends.  Some even posted Nigerian celeb next to LMH photo for comparison.

Not sure if LMH knows his name was trending in Twitter Nigeria or not. He probably would have a good laugh if he see some of the comments made there.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, happivirus said:

LHM is very popular in Nigeria and last week his name was trending all over Twitter Nigeria. Many ladies and men were talking about him. Ladies shared their love and admiration and men acknowledging LMH played an important part in their ladies' heart. Lots of the men remark were quite hilarious.

Such as if their girlfriend has seem kdrama high likely  LMH is their first boyfriend and they, themselves are second to LMH. Other complaints LMH is taking all their girlfriends.  Some even posted Nigerian celeb next to LMH photo for comparison.

Not sure if LMH knows his name was trending in Twitter Nigeria or not. He probably would have a good laugh if he see some of the comments made there.

:lol:So please share with us If you have freetime :lol: 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

When you see how many times he talks about LMH  on different talk shows, and even cookery shows, you realise that LMH has never done any of these type of shows so he never speaks personally like his friend does.

I might be wrong as I only have YouTube and the pages of this thread to go by. It seems a shame he doesn’t do talk shows with a panel etc.because people might then see what a great bloke LMH is

I think his agency doesn't want him to do talk shows.  He said something like that in the Vlive he did just before LBS.  Have you seen it?  He's awfully cute.  Curiously, when the MC asked about his friends he didn't ask about Il Woo.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Is everyone ready to watch ep 9 and 10?  I hope that we get to see more of LMH these next two episodes!

And I hope PD will edit well:wacko: I won't watch live today, then I get angry while waiting Lee Gon scene, I will wait translation today 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Is everyone ready to watch ep 9 and 10?  I hope that we get to see more of LMH these next two episodes!

CarolynH, looking forward..... There's a speculation of wedding scene in EP9.....Wait & see. :blush:

• Like 4

The King's day!!! Finally!! :D I won't watch it live. By the time I wake up tomorrow, the episode has already been subbed. I will be waiting in my sleep to see a lot of Lee Gon. :wub: I am most excited about him and LR scene. Hope we get to see Lee Gon a lot in the first part of episode 9. 

• Like 6